PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hasbro: Can we gets figs that are FROM the movie please?

beckmen
05-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Mainly, the clones. Commander Cody and his battalion, the red clones from when Palpatine saves Anakin, the blue clones that go with Anakin to the Jedi Temple, the Camo Clone and Scout Trooper-like clones from Kashyyk, ect. We have a flood of white clones and red clone commanders. The regular white clone appeared ONCE in the movie, and the Commander didn't appear at all. I really hope future waves will include the clones that we didn't see.

Also, Obi-Wan and Anakin need good versions.

And stop producing soft goods. Or I will cry. A lot.

knightone
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Personally, I love the soft goods. I know of lots of collector's who also like and have complimented the addition of soft goods to the new figures.

bigbarada
05-20-2005, 03:46 PM
The soft goods are really the only bright spot in this toy line so far. I think rigid plastic cloaks and capes are a serious problem in a figure.

The reality of this situation is that action figures take about a year to plan and actually produce, thus Hasbro would be working from an early version of the movie where few of the special effects sequences would even be completed (not to mention before any pick-up shooting is done). That would explain why many of the figures don't really match what was onscreen.

It's happened before:

In 1978 Kenner touted Boba Fett as "a major new character in the next Star Wars movie." When his role was really much smaller.

In 1983, General Madine was released for ROTJ with a card photo showing a scene from the movie that was ultimately cut. So he ended up being a fringe character in the movie.

There are also many instances of this happening for Ep1 and 2.

sith_killer_99
05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
I like the soft goods as well. It seems soo much better done in this line than in previous lines. Another bright spot is the added articulation that has been given to so many figures.

jedi master sal
05-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Rubbish on "taking a year."

Okay so now that the movie is out and the demand for clones has been insane, it takes not much more than to PAINT them differently. I don't care which one #6 or #41, but they can easily use an exhisting sculpt. #41 would be better, just no battle damage please, but #6 would be a decent enough fig too.

So if it's just paint jobs holding these up then they need to get started!!! YESTERDAY!!!

Once the different clone paint schemes had been established by GL, someone should have been on the phone to Hasbro about making them in different colors. OR Hasbro should have had a permanant person attached to the ranch for further product development...

Sigh...

Looks like another year, that our clones dont' get the respect they deserve.

Oh and those gawd awful 3 pack army builders...gawd they suck. Yeah, I'll still get them, but dang! Hasbor could do way WAY better.

Rant over,
-Sal

evenflow
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I just want a infant Luke & Leia, Owen, & Beru.

DarkArtist
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm a fan of the soft goods as well but I think in the case of the Vintage Luke and ROTS Ki Adi Mundi, they really blew it. Potential for two figures shot. Also some time witht he soft goods it is harder to display them loose. example would be luminara, she barely stands up on the base, it's like her legs are giving way. i have her posed with another in a duel just to hold her up. :ermm:

Phantom-like Menace
06-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, I'll back you up on wanting to see some of these clone troopers made and made quickly.

Also, I'll chime in as one of the (apparent) minority who despises soft goods. I think the only soft goods figure I have and like is the #300 Boba Fett. With the exception of Yareal Poof in my Jedi council diorama (and good old #300), I don't even display soft goods figures because they stand out and distract from the consistent look of my figures. I'll admit that soft goods allows figures to sit, but I would prefer a figure molded in a seated position. So I cry too.