PDA

View Full Version : ROTS "spoilers" didn't spoil a darn thing.

Slicker
05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't know why everybody had a fit about spoilers. I literally looked at every picture in the Ep III images thread, watched every movie clip, and read the back of all of the action figures so I pretty much knew the whole movie yet it still didn't ruin a damn thing. When I saw that Lucasfilm logo come on screen my mind was on Star Wars not what spoilers I read and when they'll show up in the movie. To be honest I don't recall even once thinking about the spoilers I saw on the boards because I was too imersed in the movie. The spoilers actually helped me better understand the movie and answer a couple of questions about the movie that I asked myself later in the day. So everybody that went out of there way not to see the spoilers a) had a rough time on the boards and b) has alot of unanswered questions that I'm sure they are now creating threads over for no reason if they had just read the spoilers.

If you notice I placed this in the "spoilers" section so feel free to talk about the "unspoilerized" ones as they won't venture in here for fear of learning something they'll forget about at the 20th Century Fox Fanfare.:p

2-1B
05-20-2005, 02:02 AM
I was just about to start a thread about spoilers but I'll drop it in here instead . . . I don't mind knowing the spoilers ahead of time, in fact it makes the hobby more fun to follow along for 3 years rather than hide from spoilers for a few years to blow my wad one time for an unspoiled viewing, that is, if able to avoid the spoileriffic media blitz of articles and toys. :crazed:

Anyway, the point I had in mind was that the one thing I DIDN'T like about knowing all the spoilers was that some stuff got cut which I was previously looking forward to, or thought would have a bigger importance. For instance, I saw all those pics of Fang Zar and forgot about him til I read the IMDB credit list a few minutes ago and now I'm thinking WTF, how could they cut that guy and his beard ? :crazed: (but I'm sure he's probably still in the background somewhere).

But after a few months of watching the new movie that stuff falls away and I don't remember all of it, or at least the actual content of the film dominants my memories. :)

Pendo
05-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Not knowing any spoilers made a BIG difference to me. When I saw TPM and AOTC at the cinema I knew what to expect, what to look out for, and was waiting for things to pop up. Here I had no clues as to what was coming, I was just watching the events of the movie unfold not knowing what to expect next. It was a totally different viewing experiance to the previous two movies. I now wish I had gone spoiler free for the previous two.

PENDO!

bobafrett
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I feel by looking at some of the pictures, browsing the comic book, and reading some of the "spoiler" threads may have made the movie less thrilling than if I had avoided spoilers period. I wish I hadn't looked at any of it, but curiousity killed this cat.

scruffziller
05-22-2005, 07:11 AM
I was glad that the trailers, TV ads, Rick McCallum spectacular:D , etc didn't show the entire movie in them. Like AOTC did. TPM didn't really have that problem either. But oh man did AOTC. It was horrible.

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I pretty much knew everything that was going to happen, there were certain details that I didn't know but I could have told somebody about 95% of what happens. When AOTC came out I started "weening" myself off of spoilers in the last few months before the film came out, this time I kept on reading them until the end. However I didn't start reading the novel until the film came out, funny but reading a spoiler on some website was ok but not the novel ehh?:crazed:

Jim Jam

2-1B
05-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Jim Jam, you must not have been the only one to pretty much know what was going to happen, remember that guy who yelled "I saw this one!" ?

I was reading my "Making of" E3 book and you know what, as much as it kind of bothered me that I knew we were missing out on deleted scenes, I have to say it's for the best because many of my favorite scenes weren't added until later in production so I'll trade some boring "Political Meeting In Padme's Grotto While Threepio Serves Drinks to a Bunch of Creeps and Playboy Models" scene for that heartbreaking scene of Ani and Padme looking across the buildings.

Ditto the Opera House scene during "Squid Lake"

JimJamBonds
05-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Well its not as if I was working in Sydney and got my hands on a script Ceasar, however I felt I had a 'good' knowledge of what was going to happen. Granted not exactly how certain things were going to happen but I knew they were going to happen. There wasn't anything that made me say "wooo I didn't see that one coming?!?" As a reference I wasn't aware of Mace saying to Yoda in AOTC that they should consider telling the Senate that their use of the force has be in decline.

Rendering onto Ceasar what is Ceasar's.....

Jim Jam Bonds