PDA

View Full Version : A young Jedi named Darth Vader...helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Kni

stillakid
05-20-2005, 12:09 PM
OBI WAN KENOBI
A young Jedi named Darth Vader...helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights.

Ok, so, when did this happen? As I recall, the only "Jedi" that Anakin "hunts down" are the younglings. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, hardly qualifies as hunting down and destroying the Jedi. And he didn't kill Mace. That was Palpatine. The only Jedi that Vader-kin ever kills ever is Old Ben in IV. Then of course Palpatine in VI, but he's a Sith and doesn't count.

In fact, we could assign that task to the Clones who, upon hearing this Code 66 thing, are the one who technically sort of "hunt down" and kill the Jedi Knights.

scruffziller
05-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Yea I think that GL should have went back and watched his movies again.

good shot jansen
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM
OBI WAN KENOBI
A young Jedi named Darth Vader...helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights.

Ok, so, when did this happen? As I recall, the only "Jedi" that Anakin "hunts down" are the younglings. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, hardly qualifies as hunting down and destroying the Jedi. And he didn't kill Mace. That was Palpatine. The only Jedi that Vader-kin ever kills ever is Old Ben in IV. Then of course Palpatine in VI, but he's a Sith and doesn't count.

In fact, we could assign that task to the Clones who, upon hearing this Code 66 thing, are the one who technically sort of "hunt down" and kill the Jedi Knights.

maybe what george meant to write was:

a jedi knight named darth vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the young jedi :p

it's that certain point of view thang again :ermm:

darko666
05-20-2005, 12:23 PM
once again, you bring up a good point. as seen in ROTS, he only kills the younglins and some jedis we saw in the hologram. but the clones do the most exterminating of the jedi. Vader killed more seperatists than jedi. we will have to leave it to the EU to show us Vader in his prime and killing off any hidden jedi.

2-1B
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
HELPED the Empire, HELPED. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, I have been giving some people too much credit for their comprehension skills. :rolleyes:

Bantha274
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Jesus Christ, I have been giving some people too much credit for their comprehension skills. :rolleyes:

LOL
Classic!

stillakid
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM

Okay, so then, what exactly does Anakin and/or Vader do to "help" the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi apart from slaughtering the fish in a barrel? :confused:

vadersvette
05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
You are forgetting...there is still 19 years between rots and anh...Vader could have killed Jedi then too. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be in the movie. Han Solo says that they ran into a bounty hunter on Ord Mandell. That wasn't in the movie, so it didn't happen?! GEEZ!!! :rolleyes:

Droid
05-20-2005, 02:30 PM
He killed more Jedi in the temple than they showed. There was a hologram of him killing Jedi that Obi-wan and Yoda watched.

Also, Obi-wan changed the transmission so that Jedi would be warned to stay away. I believe not all Jedi were killed by Order 66. In between Episode III and Episode IV, Vader will hunt them down and kill them.

I agree stillakid, a lot of original trilogy dialogue was not supported ON SCREEN. Anakin became a brat by Episode II. We did not see why he became that way. Obi-wan and Anakin became friends by Episode III. But we never saw what led them to become better friends in Episode III than they were in II. And their friendship wasn't quite what I thought it would be from Obi-wan's warm description of his friend Anakin in the original trilogy.

2-1B
05-20-2005, 02:32 PM
The younglings were fish in a barrell but that holo-recording showed Vader engaged in combat with older ones.

DarthBrandon
05-20-2005, 02:35 PM

LOL

That's way too funny & so true in some cases. :D

El Chuxter
05-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Didn't look to me like the Empire needed any help at all. The Jedi were portrayed as complete and utter morons.

"Execute Order 66."
"It will be done."
"Dahr, why yousa pointing your guns at me? Can you give me a chance to wipe the drool from my lip before you gun me down and I die like a punk?"

Bantha274
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
A little explanation on how Order 66 was even possible would have been nice.
Was this a code implanted into the clones' brains? Palpy should've told Anakin
"Oh and by the way, I was the one who ordered the clones and they have been under my control the whole time. They had a code implanted into their memory so that once the code was issued, they would follow my command and no one else."
Something similar to that would help explain to the average person not just WHAT was going on, but WHY.

stillakid
05-20-2005, 04:45 PM
The younglings were fish in a barrell but that holo-recording showed Vader engaged in combat with older ones.
Still part of the Youngling clan...no? :sur:

Also, Obi-wan changed the transmission so that Jedi would be warned to stay away. I believe not all Jedi were killed by Order 66. In between Episode III and Episode IV, Vader will hunt them down and kill them.
I suppose that could be construed as a way to explain this away, but aren't we led to believe that there are a limited number of Jedi to begin with? And if that's so, then doesn't it then follow that they are all engaged in a variety of battles across countless worlds? And from what we do see onscreen, doesn't it follow that they are all accompanied by at least a few Clone Troopers? So if that's the case, then it is logical to assume that by the time the end of ROTS rolls around, all of the Jedi except Obi and Yoda are dead. That is, unless some of them were on vacation or something. :cool:

sluray
05-20-2005, 05:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself.

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 06:31 PM
OBI WAN KENOBI

Keep in mind that the reason Obi-Wan and Yoda returned to the Temple was to change the beacon message from "Return home" to "Stay away" (I'm paraphrasing but that was the intent). The Jedi who survived Order 66 and receive the warning will likely spread out across the galaxy. In the wake of ROTS, Darth Vader will hunt down the stragglers and kill them.

Also, in a technical sense, Vader did hunt down the Jedi in the Temple. I'm sure they didn't just get in line and bend over.

Jedibill
05-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Aww good reason for a TV special StarWars ROTS 3.5 Vader Unleashed or season 4 of clone wars animated.

Kenobi
05-21-2005, 12:55 AM

LOL!

Truer words have never been spoken!

lol

sith_killer_99
05-21-2005, 10:53 AM
YEAH! And Vader was never a Jedi or a pupil of Obi-Wan! Remember Vader was his Sith name, taken after Anakin agreed to become Darth Sidious's apprentice! Obi-Wan was a big fat liar! LOL JK! ;)

But seriously. There are a few things to consider here. First of all Anakin kills Shakk Ti in the Jedi Temple along with another Jedi Master who was guarding the Temple. The guard was played by Nick Gillard. At least that's what Hayden said in his interview in the latest issue of Insider. They filmed it, but it seems that the scene was cut back to just a few shots in the holo recording. :(

Also consider that not all the Jedi were leading Clones during the war. There were some Jedi who objected to leading Clones in war and stayed away from the action, Jedi healers, Ambassadors, etc.

What of the Jedi who did manage to escape and got the warning to stay away from the Temple. EU novels mention Jedi who went into hiding after the Clone Wars.

From the films I got the impression that there were Jedi left over at the end of the film. Most likely Vader will hunt down what Jedi he can and destroy them between EPIII and EPIV.

vulcantouch
05-21-2005, 12:23 PM
-so, do you guys think that's the closest we're gonna get to hearing what's thet story with sifo dyas, i.e. an anagram of sidious? :crazed:

sl498: "in a technical sense, Vader did hunt down the Jedi in the Temple"
cae: "HELPED the Empire, HELPED"
-"ha ha ha ha ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Belloq! Belloq!" (an overly-amused indy correcting sallah's mispronounciation, ROTLA) ;)
actually i think the key word is Hunt. the temple seige was not a hunt, it was a massacre. (same goes for the o66 keyswitch.) however, wrapping up warned-jedi loose ends Would be- a loose end left dangling, i think it's obvious, specifically to enable tv show plots :cheeky:
vt

TCC-1972
05-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Dear God! Shut up already!:crazed:

What other movie do you tear apart second by second over-analyzing every word spoken? This is getting really REALLY SAD now!

It's just a frickin MOVIE! It's not a religion!!!!

Jeez! If it was established in Predator I that the Predators skin their victims & remove the head & spinal column then why in Alien vs. Predator did they leave the dead bodies fully clothed? Oh give up already! NERDS!

James Boba Fettfield
05-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Dear God! Shut up already!:crazed:

What other movie do you tear apart second by second over-analyzing every word spoken? This is getting really REALLY SAD now!

It's just a frickin MOVIE! It's not a religion!!!!

Jeez! If it was established in Predator I that the Predators skin their victims & remove the head & spinal column then why in Alien vs. Predator did they leave the dead bodies fully clothed? Oh give up already! NERDS!

This is a discussion forum, these are the sort of things we have been discussing on SSG for years. We do it with all the films and most people enjoy the discussions. If you do not enjoy the discussion at hand, then do not reply to the topic with your ramblings and telling people to shut up.

How come people don't make these replies to the messages that are all positive, yet they are compelled to do it with the negative?

Lord Malakite
05-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Indeed, stilla is well in his right to pick apart the movie if he wishes as long as he making meaningful posts, not just random spouts that the movie sucked, and isn't insulting of others' view points on/for liking the movie.

scruffziller
05-23-2005, 10:58 AM

I guess I would have to say I stand corrected, I watched it again last night. There were still Jedi alive scattered throughout the galaxy. At the end of the movie.

The Overlord Returns
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
OBI WAN KENOBI

Ok, so, when did this happen?

Well, there is a big scene in Episode 3 where Anakin goes to the Jedi temple and slaughters countless younglings. Now, had said younglings escaped, they could have grown to maturity and caused HUGE problems for the Empire. So, I would assume that was a pretty big HELP. Also, When ObiWan watches the holorecorder later, it clearly shows Anakin fighting ADULT sized Jedi as well. So, he helped again. Indeed, it seems he certainly HELPED the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi knights. Now, Ben may have exagerrated, but we know Ben to do that, from time to time. If you would prefer, perhaps GL can go back and have the line read "Vader went to the jedi temple, and killed what we call younglings. I'll have to tell you about them in more detail, as you probably have no f'ing clue what they are, do you luke?"

sith_killer_99
05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
-so, do you guys think that's the closest we're gonna get to hearing what's thet story with sifo dyas, i.e. an anagram of sidious?

I think we will learn a bit more in the Television series coming out in 2006. At least I believe we will hear hints of it. I also believe we will hear more about Vader hunting down escaped Jedi.

I know that the novels, especially the older novels, aren't really cannon, but there is mention of Jedi who go into hiding after the Clone Wars.

sevboot
05-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I thought the movie did a good job with this. The younglings were not the only Jedi in the temple when Anakin went nuts. Why does everyone think they were? That scene was shown to let the audience know just how bad he had become, not to give a comprehensive look at every kill he makes. And we do get to see him take out adult Jedi in the holo recording. It makes sense that Vader will now(in between Episode 3 & 4)
hunt down and destroy the remaining Jedi. It will also make for some cool material for the TV show. As for the other Jedi being taken out like they were, just think about it. If somebody you worked with for years all of the sudden just decided to haul off and smack you over the head with a crowbar, when you were not looking, would you be able to stop them? The Jedi who were killed were in the middle of a battle. They probably were not focusing on the clones who were supposed to be on their side the whole time. And who said every jedi that was attacked was killed? Obi-wan survived and so did Yoda. Some of the others probably made it out too.
Now if you want to kick on the movie, kick on it for the horrible writting or parts like NNNNOOoooooOOOOOOOOoooooo. And I still think the Qui-Gon thing is hella lame. Came back from the dead to teach Obi-wan and Yoda, whatever.:rolleyes:

2-1B
05-24-2005, 03:32 AM
Emperor Palpatine addressing the Senate:

"The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated."

JimJamBonds
05-24-2005, 03:46 PM
We only see two Jedi at the end of the film but its not as if they showed EVERY death, its that Bail had only gotten two. Palps comment to the Senate shows there are more Jedi out there that will be taken care of and come 18 years from the end of ROTS there are only two left..... one of which isn't even known (Yoda).

JJB

Blackened88
05-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Well think of it this way Obi-Wan wasn't there, besides seeing the holorecorder how would he know who killed most of the Jedi.

sith_killer_99
05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, Obi-Wan knows that Anakin is Darth Vader. So if Vader ends up leading a campaign to hunt down and destroy the remaining Jedi I am sure word would get out...even as far as Tatooine.