PDA

View Full Version : Tantive IV and Grievous Flagship at Target

stillakid
05-20-2005, 08:12 PM
What are these exactly? They don't seem big enough for the 3 3/4" line but seem too expensive for the micro line. :confused:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_13/602-7215828-1915827?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007IOX4O

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_14/602-7215828-1915827?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007IOX4E

Beast
05-20-2005, 08:17 PM
They showed these during Celebration, I believe. They're larger micro playset type things. They open up into a whole environment type of thing. Let me see if I can find the pictures. They should be in the C3 Photo Archives. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
05-20-2005, 08:19 PM
They showed these during Celebration, I believe. They're larger micro playset type things. They open up into a whole environment type of thing. Let me see if I can find the pictures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks! That's what I was guessing based on the description, but it wasn't entirely clear. Still, that seems like a lot of money for those things. Back in the Galoob days, I don't remember paying quite so much for any of those kinds of sets... :confused:

Beast
05-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Here you go, Stillakid. And I don't know, I remember the head playsets and the ship playsets being 14.99 or so. If not more. And these two are exclusives. :)

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3823

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
05-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Here you go, Stillakid. And I don't know, I remember the head playsets and the ship playsets being 14.99 or so. If not more. And these two are exclusives. :)

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3823

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, "micro playsets." I did a search for "Tantive" and came up dry. No wonder. I'll have to revise my search techniques from now on. Thanks! :)

Ric Olie
05-21-2005, 12:06 AM
This is the first I've heard of these. They look awesome, I have some of the original Micro Machine heads that open into playsets and I'm glad to see some new ones.

JediTricks
05-21-2005, 03:24 AM
The MM Transforming Playsets were $10 from '94 till '00 when the line stopped. However, they were never exclusives, and that was 5 years ago, and these do appear to be a bit larger than the classic MM playsets (though arguably not as nice). There's also a 3rd one in the line, the Clone Turbo Tank.

OC47150
05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
I like them, too. Good to see Hasbro doing something like this again.

Jangu Fett
05-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I hope the Clone Turbo Tank playset has figures of Yoda, Chewbacca, and Commander Cree ( the Clone Trooper with that camo armor ) and a micro Swamp Speeder or BARC Speeder.

sergiurusu
05-31-2005, 07:02 AM
A pic of the Turbo Tank:

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/1647/microturbo0fo.jpg

Jangu Fett
06-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Shots of the Clone Turbo Tank open here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4523&zoneid=2)

Scackmgack
06-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, it's not action fleet, but at least we get some sort of representation of another Separatist capital ship and a Turbo Tank.

JediTricks
06-02-2005, 03:02 AM
I really wish they had done SOMETHING with those wheels for transformation.

Scackmgack
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Why the hell couldn't they have come out with a Venator-class Star Destroyer as part of this set?

I am concerned that we are never going to get any real capital ships from RotS, which is just infuriating.

Jangu Fett
06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
If these sets do well at retail we might see a second wave of 3 playsets. The Venator might be in the works, say opening into a battle scene from Utapau. They could even do Palpatine's Shuttle / Chancellors Office Battle.

sergiurusu
06-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Love them a lot, but WHY didn't they make the Tank, for example, with a technical interior. Not a landscape... :( When opening the Tank or the Tantive 4 would be nicer to see the ship's/vehicle's interiors.

LTBasker
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
I really wish they had done SOMETHING with those wheels for transformation.

The pegs in the middle of the wheels look like they're meant to work with the pegholes in the ships. However it doesn't look like they go very far past the edges of the wheel which would make it hard to put some ships on there.

I bet Galoob would've found something to do with them...

britcit3
06-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Has anybody bought the Invisible Hand and Tantive IV playsets yet?

R they worth having?

Can decide whether to snag them or not.

BC3

good shot jansen
06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
target is selling them online (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-8/qid=1117899034/ref=sr_1_8/601-6610399-6748110?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007IOX4E), $43.98 for both of them. d&s toys has them as well, but they're sellin' em at $32.00 or so apiece.

Jangu Fett
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Third wave picture here (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/BSbackbox.jpg) . These are from the back of the Blockade Runner and Grevious Flagship micro playset boxes.

OC47150
06-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Third wave picture here (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/BSbackbox.jpg) . These are from the back of the Blockade Runner and Grevious Flagship micro playset boxes.

I could see this wave disappearing quicker than the previous ones since the ships are dealing with ROTS. I will have to go looking for these!

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Dang, I think Micro Vehicles may have finally piqued my interest.

OC47150
06-09-2005, 08:07 AM
I've been a fan since the late 90s, when I bought my first transforming heads and playsets. They're an interesting collectible, to say the least.

vulcantouch
06-11-2005, 12:52 PM
. . .hadn't realized these came w/mini-vehicles (vult, empshut & grievpod) which, in addition to looking not-bad despite not being true mms, i may have to collect if true mms of same aren't forthcoming. btu i don't wanna buy the big toy to get em of course, so if anyone gets these and wants to trade away those lil ships, you know who to talk to :D

jf: "Third wave picture here"
jt: "Dang, I think Micro Vehicles may have finally piqued my interest"
-same here; dang is right, annoying eh? :P since true mms of these don't seem to be forthcoming, guess i'll see which rendition (mv or titti) of anifighter, obifighter, atrt, trifi & arc170 i like best, return the other (unless someone here seeks) and turn the ones i like over to b'jr if they ever Do true mms versions of these ships :p
ps. to jg: since i'm already getting you wave2 of these, i'll keep eye out for wave3 for you as well :)
vt

Val Da Car
06-12-2005, 01:43 AM
just saw both ships today in my target....

I passed on them....just could not pull the trigger on them.

sergiurusu
06-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm still interested in them even with all the flaws...

Scackmgack
06-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I picked up the Separatist Cruiser over the weekend. I think I would have passed on the Tantive IV, as the only thing I am interested in from that set is the Emperor's Shuttle...

The playset aspect of the Separatist Cruiser is a waste. I don't ever intend to have this thing open and displayed. I left the figures and the extension with Palpatine in the chair in the plastic in the box.

The figures are just all wrong. Anakin has a green saber, Grievous has a red one along with his blue one, and Palpatine is in a red cloak a la the Deluxe Quick-Change Palpatine. The Vulture Droid's colors are off, as well.

The playset doesn't close up as tight as I would like - it needs a real solid catch or something along the centerline, near the spire. The spire moves forward and back slightly, as well, resulting in it tipping backwards at a slight angle instead of standing upright the way it ought to. I had to take a small piece of masking tape and stick it behind the spire such that it no longer can rock backwards.

I bought this because I really wanted a representation of a Separatist Cruiser in some form, the only other options having been the Die-Cast Trade Federation Battleships or the Action Fleet Droid Control Ship, if you could afford one - this is the best scale Separatist ship we've gotten, but it could have been a lot better. The ship aspect is much, much cooler than the playset aspect.

Damn Hasbro for getting rid of MM and Action Fleet!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I picked up both of these items within the last two days at Target. They seem not to stay on the shelves for so long, quite surprising given their hefty price. Kinda mixed on these things. They do harken back to the days of the old transforming playsets of the MM line, I especially loved those. The Transforming Star Destroyer, one of the latter ones, is the closest in appearance to this line. They are a bit bigger than the originals, including the mini-figures and vehicles. But they are the closest that we may get to the original things.

good shot jansen
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
how much larger lbc?

can you take a photo, or scan the figures, and/or vehcles with some classic af figures, and mm vehicles so that we (i) can get an idea of exactly what scale these are in.

i'm not very interested in the main components of the set myself, i'm really most interested in the figures and tie in vehicles.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Here are some photos of the comparisons between the new figures that come with the Tantive IV ship. Notice they are unlike the figures that came with the original playsets from the MM line. They are more to scale with the figures that came with Action Fleet Ships and Playsets. The only difference between the new ones and the old AF ones, are that the new ones are not bendable and they include a little pedastel/stand at the base of the figure that make them slighter bigger than the Action Fleet ones. I stood the new Palpatine figure next to an old AF Royal Guard.

I searched for my Star Destroyer Transforming Playset in vain. It would have been the perfect ship to compare to the new Blockade Runner, but the best I could come up with is an old transforming playset of Darth Maul. My guess that is that the Star Destroyer is the same size as the new one.

The shuttle figure that comes with the new playset is about as big as a diecast Micro Machines Star Wars vehicle, and is made out of plastic.

LTBasker
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Wow, look at that paintjob. That's just really awesome, no paint slop even at the edges and it just looks great.

Oh, wait that's the Galoob figure, from the better half of a decade ago. :crazed: :beard:

JediTricks
06-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks for taking the pics, they really say a lot (though not much for the new Hasbro micro-figs, poor sculpting and paint). Could you open up the 2 playsets and get a shot like that? I have the Maul playset right behind me but closed it's hard to gauge the sizes of the toy overall.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Here are some more pictures of Tantive IV with characters.

I think the playability level in these aren't as extensive as they were with the original playsets, although they do put an effort by including some features such as a play-doh sized jar of "lava" (look in the pic, just above the chuckles wrapper :D ) that can be used to enhance the Mustafar battle set.

JediTricks
06-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Hmm, I'd say this thing looks about 50% larger than the Maul playset when opened, which would make it a $15 set, and since it's an exclusive that'd jack up the price (though $22 is too much IMO). Still, if it's not as fun, and the gooey lava is goofy, I can't see myself buying this.

I still am on the fence about the Invisible Hand though, I already have a Rebel Blockade Runner Action Fleet but of course not a Trade Fed Warship.

britcit3
06-24-2005, 08:41 AM
"I haven't gone by that name since........oh, before you were born."

Just got my Invisible Hand and Tantive IV playsets today - love them.

Suprised to see the Micro Machines logo on the back of the box though with the line "Collect all Star Wars Micro Machines" above it.

The micro-vehicle 2 packs certainly don't have the Micro Machines logo on the packs.

Looks like Hasbro may be reviving the brand.

Fingers crossed.

BC3

JediGoofy
07-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Yesterday I was able to buy the Tantive IV Micro Playset. :)
I did not believe to my eyes when I found it in a store here in italy. :crazed:
The vehicle itself, and the Emperor Shuttle included, suffer for a general lack of quality, as others already noted, but I have to say I am quite satisfied of the choice for the scale of these new micro vehicles. :) I have always been a fan of the old Die-Cast line, so I am happy the new vehicles are coming out in that scale. :D Sure they could have included stands, though. :(
Ciao,
JediGoofy

good shot jansen
07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
those figures are awful. what a botch job on the sculpt and paint. and what da' heck are those round pedistals they're attached too???!!!?? :confused:

if galoob in the day had made these guys, they would have figured a way for anakin's legs to come off, and pop back on!.

the overall detailing of the tantive IV doesn't impress me. i truely dislike that hinge at the front of the cockpit. they should have figured another way to open up the playset without distracting from the overall appearance of the ship when the playset is closed, possibly utilizing some sort of concealed expanding "U" hinge on either side of the ship in lieu of that gawd awful front hinge. oh well.

great news bc3 on the micromachines moniker on the packaging. that indeed may mean that the line is finally reviving after half a decade :eek:

britcit3
07-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Just got the Turbo Tank playset.

Mixed feelings - the playset is great (Jnr will love it) but the micro's are pretty awful.

The Clone Swamp Flyer thing is cruddy - half the size of the Titanium (nearer real MM size) and poorly detailed sans Clones.

The Wookie Flyer - hmmmmmm............

The best piece is Yoda's escape pod (much nicer than Grevious's in the Invisible Hand set).

Looky

BC3

JediTricks
07-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool beans. I had no idea the clone swamp speeder wouldn't be the same mold as the Titaniums version, that's an odd choice. This set hasn't come out here in the US yet, that I know of.

Any pics of the front of the playset in vehicle mode (the only one attached is of the back), or of the playset open?

sergiurusu
07-22-2005, 03:18 AM
I want that Turbo Tank too... :classic:

britcit3
07-22-2005, 01:04 PM
JT

By your command

BC3

britcit3
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Also

Titanium Micro Vehicle Clone Swamp Flyer size comparison pic.

Also also evolution of the escape pod - MM Tantive IV pod, Invisible Hand pod & YODAs pod.

PS Just bagged the new micro vehicles wave 3 on ebay - hasn't arrived yet, but rear of them is sporting the MicroMachines logo and Galoob logo (?!?!?!).

BC3

JediTricks
07-23-2005, 06:11 PM
What a funny-looking interior, I'm not exactly sure what they were getting at there, perhaps they had too much free reign with so little of the movie showing the Kashyyyk battle. Some interesting ideas though, I'll have to see this one in person I think. Thanks for the photos.

As for the wave 3 Micro Vehicles, they do indeed have the MM logo and "Galoob" on the cardbacks, it's very strange.

Ric Olie
07-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I was really looking foward to these sets. I finally saw the Tantive and the Invisble Hand at Target but I ended up passing on them. Quite simply the quality wasn't there, especially considering the 22 dollar price. They're basiclly cheap plastic molded into Star Wars shapes with poor (or next to none) paint jobs.

sergiurusu
07-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Even with the flaws on this Turbo Tank I still like it. Ok it is not AF or MM but it's the closest thing to AF/MM. I would have preferred to see the interior of the TT made as a Tank not as Kashyyk... But it goes for me. Hopefully a friend and member here could help me with the order. ;)

Jayspawn
07-24-2005, 10:06 AM
I passed on them as well after seeing them in person. The detail is next to non-existant and the paint jobs stink. No way I'm paying that much for them, no even a clearence price.

Jangu Fett
08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Thought I'd post here first then try the buying/selling forums. Anyway can someone pick up the Kashyyk Assault Micro Battle Set for me? I'm willing to pay. I just don't want to go through Ebay and pay double, until I have no other choice. Please PM me. If anyone can. Thanks.

Scackmgack
08-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I bought the Invisible Hand and the Turbo Tank because I think these are the largest representations of these vehicles we are ever going to get. With no AF line and what I consider to be many poor choices for die-cast along with many re-hashes I didn't want to bank on getting either of these vehicles with the new 6" Ultimate Titanium series.

They have good display value, actually. I've got three AT-TEs I can put in formation with the Turbo Tank which looks pretty cool, and a pair of Republic Cruisers squaring off against the Invisible Hand looks neat, as well.

There's just such a dearth of capital ships, especially, for the whole Clone Wars era, you have to pick up the Invisible Hand...I do wish the detail was better on these vehicles, though. The Turbo Tank especially needed pop-out missile launcher panels.

vulcantouch
08-12-2005, 10:13 AM
-oh c'mon people, somebody step up to the plate already; do i gotta do Every assist here? :ermm:

AndyW
08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd grab them for someone if I'd seen them, no sign of anything new of anything in France. The toy stores chains have cleared out of the stuff. Although I've been told by a friend in the UK that Forbidden Planet have been having them in. My friend also said they looked a bit crap.

I tell you what I did see today though, the new updated MR Force FX lightsabers. Mace's is really really really fracking nice, Anakins is better than the Ep2 one I used to have (and since sold, too uncomfortable to hold) and the Darth Vader one is alright I suppose. The Mace one is seriously nice though, good size. 190 though, bit costly. Considering I paid much less for mine brand new two years ago.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Thought I'd post here first then try the buying/selling forums. Anyway can someone pick up the Kashyyk Assault Micro Battle Set for me? I'm willing to pay. I just don't want to go through Ebay and pay double, until I have no other choice. Please PM me. If anyone can. Thanks.

I should be at a Target late next week and if I find them, I will grab you one JF.

Jangu Fett
08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks, but 2 days after putting up that post. I found it.

sergiurusu
09-06-2005, 04:54 AM
The Kashyyyk Playset/Turbo Tank arrived to me too (thanks to our friend Britcit3). And I can say I like it. It is not really the quality of other MM playsets but it's the closest thing to MM and AF I saw (together with the other 2 Micro playsets). It would have looked better with a Tank interior instead of Kashyyyk but even so it's nice to have it...