PDA

View Full Version : deluxe Stass Allie comes with wrong speederbike

JediTricks
05-21-2005, 03:33 AM
Something I noticed in the movie, while the deluxe Stass Allie figure comes with a break-apart BARC Speeder, in the movie she is riding a red and white traditional ROTJ-style speederbike. I don't think this was changed last-minute either as the riding poses for those 2 speederbikes are vastly different.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I never thought about it before, but now that you mention it, I think she was riding a classic speederbike. Wonder how that managed to get screwed up?

LTBasker
05-21-2005, 04:29 AM
Maybe Hasbro was just told about the scene, or they were only shown pics with the Clone blocking the view to her speeder so they assumed it was a BARC?

That's not the only error though, Grievous' wheel bike's pilot chair is on the wrong side. On the toy it's on the right, in the movie it was on the left.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 04:57 AM
We could start an entirely different thread concerning things that are different between the movies and the toys. :D

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 08:29 AM
We could start an entirely different thread concerning things that are different between the movies and the toys. :D

But who would we blame???? Hasbro or Lucas??? ;)

beckmen
05-21-2005, 04:22 PM
And the Clones that are pursuing her look nothing like the BARC Pilots, more like ESB Snowtroopers.

Hasbro dropped the ball on giving us acurate ROTS figures.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 04:57 PM
And the Clones that are pursuing her look nothing like the BARC Pilots, more like ESB Snowtroopers.

Hasbro dropped the ball on giving us acurate ROTS figures.

It's entirely possible that Lucas made those changes after the figures were well into production. It's not uncommon. Mon Mothma comes to mind immediately.

Slacker Jedi
05-21-2005, 05:24 PM
It's entirely possible that Lucas made those changes after the figures were well into production. It's not uncommon. Mon Mothma comes to mind immediately.

I agree, that might also be why there aren't any figures yet of clonetroopers that actually look like the ones in the movie. Since they were CG clones, they might have been changed after figures went into production.

Then again, it could all be Hasbro's fault! :silly:

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Either way, it would have been nice for this to have been corrected before it made it to final production.

IVE GOT IT.

Hasbro could just release the speeder bike that she was riding with a BARC Speeder pilot and we could just switch the figures around.

Sith Lord 0498
05-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Either way, it would have been nice for this to have been corrected before it made it to final production.

IVE GOT IT.

Hasbro could just release the speeder bike that she was riding with a BARC Speeder pilot and we could just switch the figures around.

If you have the Clone Wars version of the speeder bike (the white/gray one), you don't even have to wait for Hasbro to fix things.

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I can't even locate the spider droid, crab droid, let alone stass allie!!!!!!!!!!
I know that the deluxe figure has been available, I've seen pics posted within these forums......maybe they haven't made it OH yet. You'd think yes since OH has 2 major interstates that intersect in columbus and columbus has Target, Wm, and other distribution centers here. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I can't even locate the spider droid, crab droid, let alone stass allie!!!!!!!!!!
I know that the deluxe figure has been available, I've seen pics posted within these forums......maybe they haven't made it OH yet. You'd think yes since OH has 2 major interstates that intersect in columbus and columbus has Target, Wm, and other distribution centers here. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Deluxe wave 3 is just starting to surface in retail stores. Be patient. You'll find them. Try to remember that Wave 2 is still becoming widespread. Most stores still have the initial deluxe figures on the pegs.

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Deluxe wave 3 is just starting to surface in retail stores. Be patient. You'll find them. Try to remember that Wave 2 is still becoming widespread. Most stores still have the initial deluxe figures on the pegs.

Patience is the key I guess. I think I may have a saving grace in the faCT MY LOCAL wm is moving to a SWM and isn'tgetting anything new in until they open the new one in 3 days.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm still waiting on wave 2 to hit again so that I can find another Vulture Droid. I don't wanna even think about wave 3. :(

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I picked an extra vulture droid by mistake! All I saw was droid and thought it was part of the next wave. I still am anxiously awaiting the new droids though!

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I picked an extra vulture droid by mistake! All I saw was droid and thought it was part of the next wave. I still am anxiously awaiting the new droids though!

Which version? I have 2 blue ones, but I still need another green one.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
beckmen, I didn't notice the way her pursuers looked, good eye.

Dark Helmet, I can't remember exactly when, I but I definitely remember seeing a Dwarf Spider Droid in the film coming out the water, I think on Kashhyyyk, and a crab droid attacking on Utapau (it was WAY smaller than I was expecting, should make an accurate-scale deluxe).

Strategist
05-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Its taking forever for the new deluxe to show up in my area (we already have 41-44) Ive only seen on enew deluxe that was at target Yoda on Can-Cell.

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Which version? I have 2 blue ones, but I still need another green one.

It is the vulture droid with buzz droid deluxe figure. On the box it has a picture of the vulture droid with green "lights- I guess" on the cockpit. The one I have has red on the cockpit. W/O opening the figure, it is the only color I can see on the vulture droid besides the gray color of the whole droid.

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 07:47 PM
beckmen, I didn't notice the way her pursuers looked, good eye.

Dark Helmet, I can't remember exactly when, I but I definitely remember seeing a Dwarf Spider Droid in the film coming out the water, I think on Kashhyyyk, and a crab droid attacking on Utapau (it was WAY smaller than I was expecting, should make an accurate-scale deluxe).

Have you seen the pictures of the crab and spider droid that were posted? They do look very good!!! I can't remember which forum in which it was posted but stass allie (deluxe) was among the photos and she doesn't look very good.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I did see some pics, Master Grievous posted some originally in the Just Found LA thread and also started a thread here in ROTS: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28336
Haven't seen any loose photos yet, but I knew what to expect with the Spider Droid since I saw the Saga one a few years ago. The Crab Droid I am not sure of, that's one I'll definitely be getting but it could fool me in person and not be as cool as it looks OR could fool me and be cooler than it looks. I think the Stass picture pretty much says everything though. ;)

WesleySr
05-23-2005, 07:33 AM
It is the vulture droid with buzz droid deluxe figure. On the box it has a picture of the vulture droid with green "lights- I guess" on the cockpit. The one I have has red on the cockpit. W/O opening the figure, it is the only color I can see on the vulture droid besides the gray color of the whole droid.

There are 2 different color versions of the actual toy itself:

Blue with green eyes/cockpit
Green(Gray) with red eyes/cockpit

If anyone has a loose pic, that would be nice. I would take one, but I can't find my camera.

Droid
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know where in the galaxy Stass Allie was when she died?

Dark Helmet
05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
I have finally completed the mission for now....until 45+ are released en masse. I have located at a Target the following today:
1. 3 Clone Pack
2. Stass Allie and BARC speeder
3. Spider Droid
4. Crab Droid

The spider droid looks OK through the packaging, Stass is not good, the clones look good except for the one in the center. The crab droid is HUGE!!!!!
It does make an excellent scaled size for a deluxe figure. I do now that ..yes...they do exist.:)

Dark Helmet
05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
There are 2 different color versions of the actual toy itself:

Blue with green eyes/cockpit
Green(Gray) with red eyes/cockpit

If anyone has a loose pic, that would be nice. I would take one, but I can't find my camera.

The ones I have are : Red eyes in cockpit w/o any color on the wings and green eyes in the cockpit with blue on the wings. The red eyes one does not have any colored stickers on the wings at all like green eyed with blue stickers on the wings.:confused:

Dark Helmet
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I did see some pics, Master Grievous posted some originally in the Just Found LA thread and also started a thread here in ROTS: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28336
Haven't seen any loose photos yet, but I knew what to expect with the Spider Droid since I saw the Saga one a few years ago. The Crab Droid I am not sure of, that's one I'll definitely be getting but it could fool me in person and not be as cool as it looks OR could fool me and be cooler than it looks. I think the Stass picture pretty much says everything though. ;)

I believe that you will enjoy the crab droid!!! It is huge and very cool looking.
The spider droid is ok, stass is awful, and the clones look good except for the one in the center of the 3 pack.....found them today:):):):):):)

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know where in the galaxy Stass Allie was when she died?

I believe it was the planet Saluecami.

JediTricks
05-24-2005, 05:26 AM
I believe that you will enjoy the crab droid!!! It is huge and very cool looking.
The spider droid is ok, stass is awful, and the clones look good except for the one in the center of the 3 pack.....found them today:):):):):):)
Good to know. A friend tells me that the crab droid toy is actually LARGER scale than in the film, but I will need to see it again for myself to be sure. Either way, I like what I'm seeing there.

I saw the "Ep 1 colors" Vulture Droid today, quite disappointing in person, it's just the missile firing center Droid Fighter from the Ep 1 line with its wings reversed. I only want the new color version, and can't imagine why Hasbro released anything else.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I saw the "Ep 1 colors" Vulture Droid today, quite disappointing in person, it's just the missile firing center Droid Fighter from the Ep 1 line with its wings reversed. I only want the new color version, and can't imagine why Hasbro released anything else.

Actually, the Vulture Droid is a rehash of the 2 side droid fighters from the E1 3-pack. They have fixed the joint in the wings so that you can actually turn the wings and stand the droid up. The center droid from the E1 version was the non-firing with the 2 piece wings and the moveable head/cockpit.

LTBasker
05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Good to know. A friend tells me that the crab droid toy is actually LARGER scale than in the film, but I will need to see it again for myself to be sure. Either way, I like what I'm seeing there.

That sounds about right, in the movie a Clone jumped on the "head" of the crab droid and it wasn't very huge, around the same size as the spider droid.

Too bad it got such a brief scene and was never seen again...

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 12:03 PM
The crab droid is very nice and scaled quite well. I haven't opened the box but like I said it looks sweet. I guess I have a non-colored vulture droid and one vulture droid with green eyes and blue paint and the wings. I haven't seen any with green paint on the wings though.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
The crab droid is very nice and scaled quite well. I haven't opened the box but like I said it looks sweet. I guess I have a non-colored vulture droid and one vulture droid with green eyes and blue paint and the wings. I haven't seen any with green paint on the wings though.

The green one I was referring to, is the non-colored one that you are referring to. It is that real pale green almost gray colored. Maybe it is gray, but it looks like a pale green to me. Sorry.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 06:50 PM
The green one I was referring to, is the non-colored one that you are referring to. It is that real pale green almost gray colored. Maybe it is gray, but it looks like a pale green to me. Sorry.

Not a problem....have you located the droids and the clone 3-pack yet? They do look pretty nice. Besides the vader table, I think the crab droid looks best so far.

JediTricks
05-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Actually, the Vulture Droid is a rehash of the 2 side droid fighters from the E1 3-pack. They have fixed the joint in the wings so that you can actually turn the wings and stand the droid up. The center droid from the E1 version was the non-firing with the 2 piece wings and the moveable head/cockpit.
Yeah, you're right, I haven't messed with that set in so long that I forgot which one got the outside gimmick.

Too bad it got such a brief scene and was never seen again...For me, that describes 90% of the stuff in that movie. :p

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Not a problem....have you located the droids and the clone 3-pack yet? They do look pretty nice. Besides the vader table, I think the crab droid looks best so far.
I've gotten all of the wave 2 deluxe, but I need another green/gray Vulture Droid. I haven't seen any signs of wave 3 yet.