PDA

View Full Version : Tycho frightened Lucas into cutting the Mouse Droid from ROTS ! ! !

2-1B
05-21-2005, 02:42 AM
I might be wrong about this one but I'm pretty sure I'm right:

While watching the 60 Minutes segment a few months back, they showed an unfinished clip from the Separatists' Mustafar Meeting Room and I just KNOW that I saw an unfinished CG outline of a Mouse Droid scurrying into the room as Lord Vader makes way.

Yet, when I saw ROTS I noticed that there is actually a handful of them and they are different, smaller.

So . . . what happened ? Why would GLu bother to change such a seemingly trivial thing ? Could it be that at C3 he spotted Tycho in the crowd during his Q&A, "hitting the 'droid" pretty hard and thus prompting the change ?

When I find the time, I will rewatch 60 Minutes to double check this but I think I'm recalling it correctly. :)

*disclaimer: I know this is just goofiness but since I mentioned some spoilers I figured I'd do it here and then maybe the mods can move it to Misc. Other later?

Slicker
05-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Don't worry Cae, you're right. On the special they showed one regular sized one yet in the movie they had 5 small ones. I think our friend Tycho has more pull than he leads us to believe.:D

bobafrett
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
It's funny, because when I saw the scene at the theatre, all I could picture in my head is Tycho shouting out in glee "Look at all the baby mouse droids!", and then running up attempting to sniff them on the screen. I'm completely honest, this is what I thought seeing them scurry about, then I wondered if they grew up to be the larger mouse droids in Star Wars, and then I thought to myself, "are these going to be offered in with a Sith version of Anakin figure??"

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I thougt the same thing Frett. Tycho jumping up and down, reaching into his pocket and sniffing like a fiend who found a vile.

2-1B
05-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks for saving me the time of checking my facts, Slick. ;)

Tycho
05-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Very cute thread you've got going here guys.

But I don't think this kind of thing is funny. I was going to be busted by the AMC movie theater security for doing that and I might've missed the rest of the movie!

Fortunately we reached a compromise before the police had to be called: I would send text messages to Hasbro requesting they produce the "Baby Mouse Droid" 6-pack so I could suck set up that scene from the movie in my dioramas.

So far I've sent them 64 e-mails regarding this and my Top 950 reasons for why they should make this multi-pack, a Mouse Droid Evolutions Set, Separatist and Imperial Mouse Droids, etc. etc. I had a lot of time on my hands while I was waiting in the lines.

Since this was the opening weekend and I'm sure the Star Wars Team was busy at the theater, I don't expect to get a response to my messages yet.

But I had a scary thought: do you think there were Mouse Droids on the Invisible Hand when she was burning up into Coruscant's atmosphere?

Could many of little Mouse Droids got themselves killed?

What does BURNING Mouse Droid smell like?

Do you think Hasbro will make action figures out of that idea?

And a song: "Burn-ing MOUSE!"

bobafrett
05-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Tycho, you are strange, but I'm glad you post here on SSG. Please be careful when sniffing the baby mouse droids when they are eventually released. You might get one
to ascend your nasel cavity, and ends up causing irreversible brain damage.