PDA

View Full Version : N'Sync Jedi have gone baby Bye Bye

Lord Malakite
01-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Thanks to our efforts, along with fellow SW Fans from around the globe, N'Sync will not be in Episode II. Lets party like its 1999.
Heres the link for the good news straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.933flz.com/carson.html

Jargo
01-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I think it's kinda sad that a bunch of ****y hissy fans have over reacted and caused this to happen. They were only going to play scene filler background extras for gods sake not main core characters. I find it ridiculous that Lucas has listened to the fans at all. I really hope to spite all the gripers he puts them back in somewhere. Would you all have *****ed if they'd been playing clonetroopers? how would you have known? How do you know that there aren't other cameo appearances in the first film or the original trilogy by well known actors or stars of the time? Would it bother you if in one scene of TPM one of the handmaidens was played by Tiffany? Or if one of the Naboo guards was played by David Hasselhoff? It's totally ludicrous to react so negatively to a few people who happen to be well known playing extras in the background.

And before any of you naysayers get all ****y and shouty I just want to finish by saying that I don't really care what you think about this anymore, I just posted this to add my two cents worth to the discussion. I intend to enjoy the movie and I don't want to have it ruined with the bitter taste of all this crass negative crap.
And yes, I have changed my tune becuase I took a look round and realised how dumb we all sounded. How bigoted we all sounded. I don't want to be associated with that kind of attitude anymore. I just hope some of you come to the same realisation soon. It's just entertainment not a religious sacred cow.

Lord Malakite
01-10-2002, 04:55 PM
:eek: That wasn't quite the response I was expecting. What does everyone else think? :confused:

stillakid
01-10-2002, 05:05 PM
We're not allowed to think anything anymore. Well, me anyway. :)

Magnolia-Fan
01-10-2002, 05:06 PM
At first, I didn't much care if they were going to be in the background for two seconds or not,

However, I now must say that I'm glad their scene was cut, because it shows that the fans DO HAVE A VOICE (to some degree, anyway).

xboywonder
01-10-2002, 05:09 PM
I have to agree... I will not even go see this film when it comes out now that NSync is not in it anymore... Damn Lucas... Damn him.

xboywonder
01-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Just kidding.... :D

NSync... does not belong in the SW universe - Thank God !!

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Didn't that Joey guy sound a little miffed about the scene getting cut? Good! Go cry to your mommy you little girly bastard!:D

Chancellor1970
01-10-2002, 06:06 PM
I totally agree with Emperor Jargo. And for Xboywonder, N'Sync was not going to be in the Star Wars universe. It is not like you were going to see N'Sync singing in the background, this scene was going to be people dressed in Jedi robes getting blown up by the enemy. I would have loved to see that.

mabudonicus
01-10-2002, 06:45 PM
It's too bad that "fan pressure" caused gl to relent on such an insignificant point. The nsync bit would've been like a flu shot, y'know, over before you know it. I'd like it better if all of us fans rallied on some more important issue, like getting TPM remade with ANYONE else in the Vader/Anakin role but that melon-headed kid they used the first time around. That would be something we could all get behind....I think

chewbacca71
01-10-2002, 06:55 PM
kudos Jargo! I couldn't agree with you anymore.

PloKoon2385
01-10-2002, 07:14 PM
This is the best news I have heard in a while. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! I was completely dreading that and even though, I know it was a miniscule part, I think it would have made a difference. If they got the part, then who's to stop other untalented people from asking to be in every movie?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-10-2002, 07:17 PM
I am glad they are out of the movie. I was surprised Lucas even considered it. I can see why Lucas would want to put his kids, friends, or employees into the films. Why stick NSYNC in there? It does not make sense. Supposedly NSYNC contacted Lucas and said they were big fans and wanted to be in it. Hell I am a big fan to but I would not even think of calling George and asking him to be in the movie. I thought it was kind of crappy of NSYNC to even ask. What you guys don't have enough hype going for you? There inclusion would NOT have ruined the film for me. Although hearing about them and the inevitable hype leading up to the film's release would have gotten to me.

BenQuad
01-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Who are NSYNC? ;)

Jargo (my old scouse buddy).......... you are as correct as always.

Thankyou for your words of sanity.

Co Jo-Da
01-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I was looking forward to see the N'Sync guys get blown to little pieces but oh well... I'm with you Emperor Jango...

JediTricks
01-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Any celebrity in a SW movie put there not for their talent but instead for their name creating audience-drawing-power is an insult the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars should be great for what it is, not who is in it. It shouldn't be an intergalactic Hollywood Squares.

Lord Malakite
01-11-2002, 12:58 AM
First, Conan talked to Max about the cameo and the audience booed. He then showed a clip of their so called scene that was to be in Episode II.

(Vader and a Sandtrooper are watching an N'Sync music video at a suburban home.)

N'Sync: Baby Go Bye Bye Bye.
Vader: I don't know. They seem so gay.

(The Sandtrooper agrees and Vader covers his eyes in horror.)

2-1B
01-11-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Would it bother you if in one scene of TPM one of the handmaidens was played by Tiffany? Or if one of the Naboo guards was played by David Hasselhoff?

Tiffany? No . . . Hasselhoff? YES! :( :( :(

If they would have only kept quiet about this, NSYNC could have had their cameos, and no one would know of their inclusion until after the film's release. Had that been the route, I would not have had any opinion on the matter.

However, this business of LFL's public confirmation, coupled with Joey Fatone's media whoring makes me think it was just a cheap stunt - one that back fired on Little Rick.

2-1B
01-11-2002, 04:12 AM
Furthermore, this seems to be a case of Ricky stepping outside his "producer" boundaries. What's a recent event that caused such a stir? Take the title, AOTC for instance. Many voiced their disapproval, and it was George's way all the way, regardless of fan approval. He made that decision, good or bad, and is sticking with it.

Conversely, the Radioland Murderer was given public credit for the NSYNC cameo approvals, and I wonder if George really didn't know much about it - and in deciding he didn't want them, they were gone faster than Joey could call a radio station, only to say "I don't want to talk about it."

These are just my impressions, based on web reports, so I'm not saying it's factual.

snakeplkn
01-11-2002, 10:44 AM
The whole controversy with NíSync begins with this current trend of cameo appearances. The most noticeable was of course Samuel L. Jackson publicly demanding a role for Episode I, only to squander his ability fumbling through lines and not even making it to all the shoots. Then there is Rick McCallum, Warwick Davis, Robri Eiba etc... and nearly all of ILM in one bit part or another.

NíSync then decides to push for their own screen time in Episode II. I donít see the angle as to why they were filmed. The film and merchandising are already through the roof, would a handful of NíSync fans really change the profit margins? Artistic creativity is not an argument either. Furthermore, Lucasfilm knows such a move would alienate their core fan base who do not fit the demographic of being sympathetic to pretty boy popstars.

The situations show that if your famous and want to be in Star Wars, all you have to do is whine to Lucas and company, you may just get filmed. This attitude is completely wrong. People should be cast based on their talent and ability to handle the part. Besides cameos usually do nothing but distract the viewer.

If Lucas is intent on using the cameo, where are the fans outside his inner circle at Lucasfilm? I doubt there is a Star Wars fan who would not turn down the opportunity to play a character with one short snippet of dialogue to mutter for the rest of their lives and use as their tagline. How much acting depth does it really take to say, ďAhhÖ.Iím hit!Ē Further, how much acting depth does it take to be in the stands of a pod race cheering?

I would urge Lucas to have a contest on Starwars.com where five lucky winners would be cast with actual screen time as extras, aliens, or what have you for Episode III.

Snake Plissken
ďA little human compassionĒ

Post Script: And even if NíSync doesnít make it on the theatrical cut, the odds are good that they will be featured in the ďDeleted ScenesĒ section of the DVD.

JEDIpartner
01-11-2002, 11:17 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, Snake! It would seem to be a great PR move, on Lucasfilm's part, to allow a few select fans the opportunity to be extras in one of the STAR WARS films. It would be easy and relatively inexpensive as the fans aren't in the Actor's Guild and, hey, let's face it- how much would it really cost to fly 5 people to England, Australia or even California? After all... we ARE talking about ILM and Lucasfilm.

I think it all goes back to the people with a little influence can basically get whatever they want, which isn't right. It only cheapens the indiviual's worth and credibility- not to mention it makes them come off as a spoiled brat. I wasn't really too impressed with Sammy J's performance in TPM, so you don't even want to get me started on THAT whole issue. *NSYNC are just plain out and out goofy and they even know it. I think they would pretty much ruin their moment on screen even if they only end up on the DVD.

good shot jansen
01-11-2002, 11:51 AM
eliminating via computer, menudo's multiple cameo's as storm troopers, ewoks, aliens, whatever from the 1st three films? :eek: :p :crazed:
;)

the bottom line, is exactly what jargo indicated in his post, it don't matta!

i know it's been said a zillion times or so, but the only reason we have mace windu as he is today, is cause mr. jackson expressed an interest to gl, and viola! but since samuel is cool, everyone is down with that!

my 6 year old daughter loves n'syn, and thought it was gonna be so cool fer em to be in atoc, even my son, who couldn't care less about n'sync, said "cool, i'm glad that those guys are star wars fans"

this whole universe is george's bus, and i'm just glad that i've been along fer the ride for years now!

:happy:

Darth Shinji
01-11-2002, 02:00 PM
I think yhat what we all need to remember, is that this is Georges film, his decisions, and ultimately his money that he is using to make entertainment for us all. It's great that he would listen to what we say, but when it comes down to it, they're his films for better or worse. By the way, how many of you would have complained if Shakira was cast a a Jedi to be killed? It doesn't matter to me who's in the background, it's the foreground actors I'm concerned about.

THE Slayer
01-11-2002, 10:46 PM
SHAKIRA KILLED!!! WHAT!! Not even GL would do that, everyone loves Shakira. I think the movie would have grossed at least 2 million more dollars if Shakira was in it.. Now we will never know.

Wolfwood319
01-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Who is shakira?

stillakid
01-12-2002, 03:41 AM
Just one more reason to love Colombia!

Mike Troxell
01-12-2002, 09:14 PM
It's been a while since I visited any forums other than General Discussion, so bear with me as I get all of my thoughts on the subject out.

I don't like N*Sync. Their music grates on my nerves. The whole boy band phenomenon is a waste. They are the Monkees of this generation, a band who releases music to win a demographic and not to make art. With that said, I think it is despicable that anyone would want N*Sync taken out of a short cameo shot in a Star Wars movie. As a huge Star Wars fan, I understand that a chance to be in a Star Wars movie (whether it be as a masked alien, a stormtrooper, or a Jedi extra who would barely be visible) would be one of the best experiences of my life. The boys of N*Sync are reputed Star Wars fans. No matter what kind of crappy music somebody puts out, it isn't right for fans to make a fuss about fans who get put into a movie. Is it really that important whether the Jedi extras will be no-names or big named pop stars? They were living the loser-fanboy's dream, and it was apparently taken away from them because a bunch of *****ing, whiny Star Wars geeks couldn't stand to see talentless singers in a Star Wars movie. I have news for you. If you watch Moulin Rouge, it becomes quite apparent that there is another talentless singer in a Star Wars movie. And don't kid yourself, Carrie Fisher isn't exactly an opera dame (see The Star Wars Holiday Special). In closing, get a life. You wouldn't like it if you were cast as an extra in a Star Wars movie and then voted out because people didn't like you for some reason.

And now you know why I probably don't come to the other forums often. I get too hot tempered:rolleyes:

Darth Shinji
01-12-2002, 11:09 PM
The Slayer has proven my point , thank you. We (as guys presumably) forget that there isn't just one demographic that loves these movies. My wife and I have been lifelong fans (since we were five), and I also know quite a few female fans of the classic trilogy. I was interested to see if younger female moviegoers would attend to try and catch a glimpse of their favorite pop stars, creating a small "Titanic Effect" if you will. All I'm saying is let The Man do what he wants, if you don't like it, don't see it or don't see it again, go see Spider Man. Enjoy it, Don't obsess over it. I'm as interested as the next fan to see Jango fire off his jet pack missle, but a little thing like N*SYNC in the backgroung isn't going to deter my enjoyment of the film. Now if Freddie Prinz Jr, or Dicaprio were cast as Anakin....thats another story enitrely.

stillakid
01-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth Shinji
I'm as interested as the next fan to see Jango fire off his jet pack missle,

I actually loath the inclusion of Jango and his family of Fett's. It's the same kind of superficial marketing stunt as promoting a boy band in the saga. Trying to capitalize on nostalgia on one hand, and trying to attract a whole new demographic with the other.

In any case, I could care less who is in the movie so long as they do a good job. The main objection that I think most people have is the "announcement" that N'Sync would be in the film. It isn't just a case of fans getting a dream chance to be in the movie. It was a marketing stunt plain as day. If any one of us were in the movie, would they make an announcement about it? Not likely.

stillakid
01-13-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
The whole controversy with NíSync begins with this current trend of cameo appearances. The most noticeable was of course Samuel L. Jackson publicly demanding a role for Episode I, only to squander his ability fumbling through lines and not even making it to all the shoots. Then there is Rick McCallum, Warwick Davis, Robri Eiba etc... and nearly all of ILM in one bit part or another.

NíSync then decides to push for their own screen time in Episode II. I donít see the angle as to why they were filmed. The film and merchandising are already through the roof, would a handful of NíSync fans really change the profit margins? Artistic creativity is not an argument either. Furthermore, Lucasfilm knows such a move would alienate their core fan base who do not fit the demographic of being sympathetic to pretty boy popstars.

The situations show that if your famous and want to be in Star Wars, all you have to do is whine to Lucas and company, you may just get filmed. This attitude is completely wrong. People should be cast based on their talent and ability to handle the part. Besides cameos usually do nothing but distract the viewer.

If Lucas is intent on using the cameo, where are the fans outside his inner circle at Lucasfilm? I doubt there is a Star Wars fan who would not turn down the opportunity to play a character with one short snippet of dialogue to mutter for the rest of their lives and use as their tagline. How much acting depth does it really take to say, ďAhhÖ.Iím hit!Ē Further, how much acting depth does it take to be in the stands of a pod race cheering?

I would urge Lucas to have a contest on Starwars.com where five lucky winners would be cast with actual screen time as extras, aliens, or what have you for Episode III.

Snake Plissken
ďA little human compassionĒ

Post Script: And even if NíSync doesnít make it on the theatrical cut, the odds are good that they will be featured in the ďDeleted ScenesĒ section of the DVD.

Actually, my strategy is become rich and famous before preproduction on Episode III begins. That should guarantee me a spot on the cast! As Sam Jackson proved, I don't even have to be a good actor. :D

2-1B
01-13-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

The main objection that I think most people have is the "announcement" that N'Sync would be in the film. It isn't just a case of fans getting a dream chance to be in the movie. It was a marketing stunt plain as day.

Yup, that was my only problem with this issue. They should have just filmed the bits, kept quiet, and let the info become known as an afterthought.

Foolish dance maneuvers aside, they are average looking people, so I don't see how they could visually affect a SW film any more than non celebrity extras . . .

I'm surprised this marketing stunt didn't showcase the release of a new album, "N*SYNC: Music from the motion picture Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones"

Darth Shinji
01-13-2002, 02:03 AM
O.K. you don't want to see the Fett's fine by me, would you prefer if I had said, I really want to see 200 jedi in action?
After reading many of these threads I am quite dissapointed in the fans, no you people can't even be called fans, as you have no enthuisasim of faith in the upcoming films. Hollywood releases dozens of pieces of crap every year, Freddy Got Fingered comes to mind, Attack of the Clones is going to be just a fun film to be enjoyed, not dissected like the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Relax everyone and have fun. If it's bad, then so what? As a lifelong fan, my life will not end, my psyche will not be shattered, and I will not lose my reason for living. I have learned alot from Star Wars, it has helped shape me into the person I am today, and for that, I am grateful to everyone involved in the production of the classic trilogy. Through drawing the characters, and vehicles when I was little,( and many steps inbetween) I have become a very successful freelance artist/graphic designer, and no ammount af cameo appearances can ever take that away, or change who I am.
Star Wars taught me (along with Spider Man comics and my family) right from wrong and how to be a moral and just person. For that I will be eternally grateful to Mr. Lucas.
Does anyone else feel this way?
How has Star Wars affected you?

2-1B
01-13-2002, 02:24 AM
Does anyone else feel this way?
How has Star Wars affected you?

I appreciate your perspective.

They are fun movies, and I believe that much of the "complaining" by fans is a sign of their love for the films. They want their hobby to be the best it can be. No, it won't all be perfect, but that doesn't mean perfection shouldn't be attempted.

It is extreme to point out that our lives will not be shattered by a bad SW movie. I doubt anyone really feels that way. Read the threads on midichlorians, for example. Nobody posts about how midichlorians prevent them from enjoying life, but instead on how those critters cause a problem for the films themselves. Same with Jar Jar. And many other issues.

How has SW affected me? Well, to start with I rang up some nice CC debts over the years. :)

Obi-Don
01-13-2002, 03:28 AM
All in all it really didn't bother me that they were or were not going to be in the movie.I just didn't want to hear them in the credits. I feel anyone who has the chance to be in the movie should take it. I know I would. These movies will never match up with the OT. Such high standards were set with these three flims that I don't think the next three will match. Besides,like I have always said. Its a story and a movie. It means something different to everybody. I hope its the best movie this year.But if not, I will see it , own it and love it as part of the SW universe. To me it won't take one movie to stop my love of Star Wars nor will it take a person or persons. I know that there will be parts I won't like and there will be parts I will. After the movie comes out we will all come here and talk about it and keep it alive untill the next one comes out and do the same when the EPIII is out. So far I have liked all the movies in Star Wars.There are parts in all the movies I don't like and could do without. But in real life it is the same Likes and dislikes.Thats what keeps us going and working for a better tomorrow. I don't want to say I hate it or will not see it because of this or that. I know it will not be true. I will be there and I think a lot of you will be there to. Lets give it a chance.

THE Slayer
01-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Did anyone see the SNL skit last night with Josh Hartnett and crew dressed as nsync jedi, singing and dancing? Well I think thats what people were afraid of. There would be this pop number smack dad in the middle of 'their' movie. Well the skit was hilarious. 1 because it showed fans just how much they overreacted, and 2, hey yoda had on sunglasses.

stillakid
01-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

I appreciate your perspective.

They are fun movies, and I believe that much of the "complaining" by fans is a sign of their love for the films. They want their hobby to be the best it can be. No, it won't all be perfect, but that doesn't mean perfection shouldn't be attempted.

It is extreme to point out that our lives will not be shattered by a bad SW movie. I doubt anyone really feels that way. Read the threads on midichlorians, for example. Nobody posts about how midichlorians prevent them from enjoying life, but instead on how those critters cause a problem for the films themselves. Same with Jar Jar. And many other issues.

How has SW affected me? Well, to start with I rang up some nice CC debts over the years. :)

Thanks for that, you hit the nail on the head. It's so much easier for the non-critical to generalize the rest of us as Star Wars haters or just negative in general. You said it quite nicely...and I concur with the CC thing too.

Oh, and damn, does anybody have a copy of that SNL? I'd love to see it.

Darth Shinji
01-13-2002, 05:20 PM
O.K.
I want to apologize for the meaner things I posted.
I just thought some real life perspective was needed.
Perhaps I was a little hasty in my reply, and for that I apologize.
I consider myself a hardcore fan, if you saw my collection you'd agree,
it's probably just as big as the rest of yours.
Maybe I get a little defensive when I see people attacking the films,
just like when I come across someone who hasn't seen the films.
Example-- I have a friend who went to film school, one of his classes was 20th century film,
the instructor had never seen any of them!!
Unbelieveable!!

stillakid
01-13-2002, 07:51 PM
I have a friend who went to film school, one of his classes was 20th century film,
the instructor had never seen any of them!!
Unbelieveable!!

You think that's bad, there are actual studio execs out here who have never stepped foot on a film set. Crazy, huh. Any wonder why good scripts turn into bad movies.

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Is it any wonder why bad scripts get turned into bad movies?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Maybe I'm a bit behind on things here but I just recently found out that NSync members will play cameo roles in EP2 because that is George's daughter's favorite band.

This deal's getting worse all the time.

I know it's his movie to do with as he pleases but it sure woulda been nice to have some continuity with the orginal 3. These new movies will never be anywhere close to as good as the orginals. I'm just not that excited anymore, especially with the nsync news and the return of jar jar. Ah well, at least I got to grow up with the orginals!

bigbarada
02-01-2002, 02:18 PM
We've been all over this issue for over a month now. Last I heard, no one at Lucasfilm would confirm whether the scene would be cut or not.

Normally something like a simple cameo wouldn't bother me. However, with Ep2 now being known as the "NSYNC movie," it really bothers me that this may be all the film is remembered for.

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:24 PM
I don't feel like getting mauled down by some N*Sync loving 13 year old when trying to catch the movie for the movie, I swear if that happens I'm gonna whip out a double bladed lightsaber and show the true meaning of MAULing someone. :D

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2002, 03:05 PM
I thought that their scene was cut from the footage. That is what I heard on TV a couple of weeks ago.
No one wants to see them in this film, and GL knows this.
I don't care if it is for 2 seconds, or if they do get killed.
Get them out of there!!
Make them go BYE BYE BYE!!

Lord Malakite
02-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I wish they would get rid of them too. Whats worse is that if they remain in the movie they will probably be in Episode III. I have heard from a few sources now confirming that they will be among the few jedis who survive the final battle and will be seen in the ending scenes of Episode II. :cry:

This is one of those unfortunate times that I hope my sources are wrong. :(

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 05:16 PM
If they're gonna be in Episode II, they're gonna be Jedi who die, if they don't want to die, don't be in the movie. :D I heard it wasn't even Lucas behind the whole Nsync thing, that it was all Rick McCallum's idea.

stillakid
02-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
I wish they would get rid of them too. Whats worse is that if they remain in the movie they will probably be in Episode III. I have heard from a few sources now confirming that they will be among the few jedis who survive the final battle and will be seen in the ending scenes of Episode II. :cry:

This is one of those unfortunate times that I hope my sources are wrong. :(

You're probably right. I don't see Lucasfilm going to the trouble of shooting the N'sync boys then not having them be somewhat "featured" pre-battle, during, and post-battle. You don't just kill them off as little pinpoints in the background AND make an announcement that they're in it. I'm sure that if they survive the cut, we'll see them quite clearly.

SithDroid
02-02-2002, 05:15 PM
I hope they don't make it in. I will be extremely outraged if they do. Someone should get rid of Rick McCallum, does he do anything anyway?

Beast
02-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I hope they don't make it in. I will be extremely outraged if they do. Someone should get rid of Rick McCallum, does he do anything anyway?

Well, he's pretty good with saying the "F" word over and over again. :D Can you imagine, with as many times he said it in that hour documentary on the DVD, how many times he must say it in the other 599 hours of material they filmed. I think someone needs a good mouth wash out with soap. As well as a beating for offering N'Sync a roll in the movie in the first place.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
02-02-2002, 05:34 PM
I say let them in the movie...only if Jessica Simpson and Brittany Spears get equal time too!

InsaneJediGirl
02-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Spears?lol..What would she be?A over-rated "singer" in
a Cantina?:crazed:

I just think everyone is insane now...like me..only in a very bad way!!

stillakid
02-02-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Spears?lol..What would she be?A over-rated "singer" in
a Cantina?:crazed:

I just think everyone is insane now...like me..only in a very bad way!!

As long as she's scantily clad, who cares!

SithDroid
02-03-2002, 01:34 AM
Perhaps N'SYNC will be singing the Chili's song in the cantina.:crazed: :D :crazed:

Perhaps brittney could be Jabba's new slave and she could sing her new song "Slave.":crazed: :D :crazed:

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 02:09 AM
PLEASE tell me they dont talk or move just please tell me they are in the backround doing something gay and arent noticed. i just hope hasbro DONST makes figures out of them cause i would be po'ed! please somone what is their purpose and what do they do in the movie...thanks

derek
04-21-2002, 08:19 AM
george lucas himself recently has said they are not in the film. a few of the guys were cast as extras in the arena battle. but again, lucas said they are not in the film. and that "something gay" bit is gonna get you in hot water, unless you meant it in a mr. burns kind of way.:crazed:

Pendo
04-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
please somone what is their purpose and what do they do in the movie...thanks

Before they were cut, their purpose was to annoy all the Star Wars fans and to cause a big argument over the Internet about why they should NOT be in the movie.
Thankfully they were cut, I wouldn't have been able to cope with seeing a one second shot with them in the background!!!:p

PENDO!

Jargo
04-21-2002, 09:39 AM
They may still be in there disguised as geonosians or something. maybe they play the parts of the coverings on Threepio. perhaps the make the vroom vroom sounds in harmony for the republic attack gunships. What if they just happen to be there in the background somewhere and the edit is so fast you never notice them. I call your attention to exhibit 34c your honor, the arena empty but with dead jedi littering the stands like spent beer cans at a NASCAR event....

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 10:03 AM
How can 8 frames of 1/2 inch tall guys hidden under Jedi robes in the middle of the biggest onscreen Star Wars battle ever ruin a movie for heaven's sake? Now I wish they WERE in the movie, just to peeve off all the "real fans"...Get over it already.

Taichi
04-21-2002, 01:24 PM
Well, I just don't like how they got into the film in the first place.....

they said they were SW fans, and Ricky gave them a part....

WELL, AREN'T WE ALL SW FANS?????, where the hell is our part????

it was just because they were famous little pretty boys......who don't NEED any more exposure......

SithDroid
04-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Here, Here. It's bad enough that I have to see their faces everywhere I go, I don't need to see their faces in a Star Wars movie. However if they must be in there, then I want to see them get killed. At least then I could be happy.

Pendo
04-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
However if they must be in there, then I want to see them get killed. At least then I could be happy.

JUST killed? How about mutilated? They should be hacked to death by Count Dooku, or even Yoda. Every limb should be cut off, and their genitals too... After all the Jedi have urinated on their boddies They should be hung up on a cross and then ignited.

...I'm only getting started, but this is the family forum and couldn't tell you the rest :D.

PENDO!

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 04:52 PM
They died in their scene and that scene was cut and died. I wish the whole 'NStync in SW' thing would die. :D

RooJay
04-22-2002, 07:07 PM
I don't care much for N'Sync, but I think it's a shame that they now don't get to see their dream of being in Star Wars come true just because so many Star Wars fans don't like their music. In all fairness, I've heard most reports indicating that they were to appear only in the background and that they'd barely be vivsible on screen, if even at all. I know I for one would be very disappointed if I were a member of N'Sync, and had my dreams dashed by someone else just because they were not fans of my career and didn't think I belonged there. I really can't stand N'Sync or their music, but when it comes right down to it, they are people too, and fellow fans to boot! I don't knock anyone for wanting to be involved in Star Wars in any way they can, and by any means available to them. Of course that doesn't mean I want, or even care, to see them noticeably on screen in any way other than obscured in the background. I'm all for these guys making an appearance in the DVD special features! More power to them!

Darth Ovori
04-23-2002, 04:01 PM
I'm glad thier gone from the movie... And yes I was agianst it in having them...

Cause StarWars is saga on it's own, not a band wagon for celebs to get thier names at the credit scene...

O.K. just because thier famous and GL daughters love them they get the special treatment of appearing in the movie and getting thier names in it to boost thier OWN sales...

Bull****, Oh geez so why don't have E3 filled with famous pop stars and hollywood rejects in the background, just because thier famous... And the deserve to have thier names on the credit scenes... Lets turn StarWars into a advertising cameo add for celebs... Oh why not use it to "SPot the celebs in StarWars'' ...

This is my opinion and I stand by it... With pride.

(PS, I have nothing against thier music)

RooJay
04-23-2002, 04:16 PM
No, let's not, but let's also not knock those guys for trying! Besides, they wouldn't even have been obvious in the finished product from what I hear.

Darth Ovori
04-23-2002, 04:27 PM
I did'nt knock them down or bashed thier music, I just don't agree have SW become a band wagon for celebs cameo's...
And I'm sure if they happened, the OT special edition 2 will be filled with stupid little cameo of die-hard celebs fans...

Now lets say for example if one had acting capabilities, was right for the position and was cast in a role, I would'nt have a problem with that... cause he got the position on merit and has something to offer the SW saga... But cameo apperances just to get end credits sucks for me...

getoninja
04-24-2002, 07:52 PM
I don't think they should even be in the movie, not even a micro second. They don't deserve it. JUst becasue they are famous, rich,,they get to be in it. What about the major Sw fans that work hard in their eveyday jobs of making the cut to pay the rent.

I really hate boybands you just can't imanage how much hate I have for them all, they are just clones to the music buis,,,don't write there own music, don't play their own insterments, all they do is sing and dance,,oh yeah all dance moves are choreogrph, so clones suits them very well.

It just shows how this world is based on power money rich and fame, which is so sad. and the true fans get kicked out. because we have none of that. but I rather be real,,than be fake.

Taichi
04-25-2002, 07:16 PM
Well, Mace got in in pretty much the same way.....but Sam Jackson's cool.....

he isn't a pretty boy, with a girl's voice.....he DESERVES to be in SW........

Mace Rocks!!!

Darth Ovori
04-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Mace deserved it... Yeah sure his famous, but he can act the role... and has a history of brillant performances...

RooJay
04-26-2002, 12:55 AM
So as long as the celebrity is cool enough it's ok? The N'Sync boys were not tasked with acting roles. They were given a shot at appearing somewhere in the background in costume. But I digress, this discussion is pointless since we've all been told they've been cut from the film anyway, and even if GL decides to put them back in it's probably been filmed in a way that we probably won't even notice.