PDA

View Full Version : Why has nobody mentioned Boga???

General_Grievous
05-21-2005, 11:51 AM
The lizard-bird thing that Obi-Wan rode on Utapau???

This was by far my favorite beast of the Prequels (maybe even out of the whole saga). ILM did a great job animating it and Ben Burtt and his crew did an awesome job at creating sounds for Boga. It was heartbreaking to see it die, though.

What did you guys think of it?

Veers
05-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Boga was okay but not the best beast in the sequel. I think Acklay was the best beast and Faamba was the second best.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I really like Boga! Her sound was sweet! I thought she'd be a lot bigger than she was in the movie, based on concept art I'd seen, but was more in the scale of the Hasbro version of her.

kool-aid killer
05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I liked the Boga too, it reminded me a lot of my black Lab when it just jumped off the edge after Grievous' wheelbike with no complaint. My dog would do something like that in a heartbeat. Plus the thing had speed if it could keep up with the bike, i now want to by the Obi Wan and Boga toy.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I think Acklay was the best beast and Faamba was the second best.

I agree with the Acklay statement. However, the beasts seemed much more interesting in the OT. In the PT, they are too cartoonish and fantastical. The OT beasts were much more realistic. In the end, the best beasts in the Saga were both OT: Rancor and Tauntaun.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2005, 06:35 PM
I wish the movie had a chance to devlop the personality of Boga they way the novel did. I like the way boga kinda took a shine to Obi-Wan and they bonded.

2-1B
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Boga's alright, the animation is better than I expected, and her voice is decent . . . but over time I can imagine that shrilling will become rather annoying. :crazed:

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I loved it and have to agree best beast in the PT. It did sadden me to see it die.

darko666
05-22-2005, 01:41 AM
i disliked the boga. i would have rather seen Obi-Wan ride a swoop or speeder bike while chasing Grievous's wheel bike. i'm just sick of these cartoonish creatures that have horrible sounds. that boga wouldn't shut it's mouth up, i was glad to see it fall to it's death. that was one of the only times i smiled durning the film.

Tycho
05-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I loved Boga as well. Like a cross between a horse's function in a western movie, with a loyal dog's personality.

If Boba Fett lived after ROTJ, so could Boga live after ROTS. They fell into water afterall. They didn't show the clones search finding Boga's body, so she could have swam to safety. A very iguana-like creature, I'm sure she swims like Godzilla did in her iguana-movie.

jjreason
05-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Boga strongly reminded me of the Chocobos from the Final Fantasy videogames. Have a look at her in profile (her crest is very reminiscent of the Chocobo head plumage, as is the curvature of her beak to theirs), then listen to her sounds. "Wark! Wark!" Boga was an homage to the Chocobos for sure. :)

scruffziller
05-22-2005, 06:40 AM
I have a Boga on Star Wars Galaxies, but she isn't as fast as the one is in the movie. I liked the Boga, but it would have been more fitting if Chewbacca rode her etc. Obi riding it seemed real goofy to me.:(

Kidhuman
05-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Boga strongly reminded me of the Chocobos from the Final Fantasy videogames. Have a look at her in profile (her crest is very reminiscent of the Chocobo head plumage, as is the curvature of her beak to theirs), then listen to her sounds. "Wark! Wark!" Boga was an homage to the Chocobos for sure. :)

Nice similarity JJ, it does remind me of the Chocobos.

Sith Lord 0498
05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
i disliked the boga. i would have rather seen Obi-Wan ride a swoop or speeder bike while chasing Grievous's wheel bike. i'm just sick of these cartoonish creatures that have horrible sounds. that boga wouldn't shut it's mouth up, i was glad to see it fall to it's death. that was one of the only times i smiled durning the film.

I completely agree with you. A speeder bike would've been much more appropriate. Plus, it would've given Lucas another OT parallel: the speeder bike chase on Endor.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 06:44 PM
i disliked the boga. i would have rather seen Obi-Wan ride a swoop or speeder bike while chasing Grievous's wheel bike. i'm just sick of these cartoonish creatures that have horrible sounds. that boga wouldn't shut it's mouth up
That's pretty much how I feel as well, the creatures are given too much personality and too cartoony of looks, and I loathe their sounds so much. I could have even bought the "Obi-Wan needed an animal because of limited resources and oddity of Utapau's layout", but not one so cartoony as this... once again with the prequels, Lucas forgot the old axiom that "less is more".

Slicker
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I was actually quote pleased with Boga. I thought the Boga would be a lame but thought it was a decent creature. It may have been because I drew a comparison between it and the Krayt Dragon. That's almost how they look in the SWCCG cards.

2-1B
05-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Tycho, as Boga falls there is a wound on her underside from where the blast occurred (she shielded Obi-Wan in that sense) so I don't think she's making it out of that water. :crazed:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-22-2005, 11:23 PM
When I first saw the toy, I thought to myself, "Oh God, it's another one of those irrelevant figure/beast sets". After seeing ROTS, I must say, I really like the Boga and feel inclined to go out and buy one. It reminded me of that bird/horse thing in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Exremely friendly and pretty reliable.

El Chuxter
05-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Boga was one of the few truly great moments of the film. She ruled.

RIP, Boga. :cry: