PDA

View Full Version : Best moment in the prequels is... (merged)

darthvyn
05-21-2005, 01:33 PM
well, i can't decide just yet, but i know it takes place in revenge... definitely one of the scenes between anakin.vader and obi-wan. i just wanted to start a counter-thread to "dumbest moment..." so here it is... i need to see it again before i can make a complete statement, but i'm leaning toward the obi-wan/vader duel...

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 03:52 PM
It's a toss-up between three scenes.

1) Order 66 montage - the music captures its essence beautifully

2) Padme clutching the japor snippet in her coffin.

3) Vader's helmet locking into place and the first breath of Darth Vader within the suit.

Jediboy
05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
It's a toss-up for me as well:

1) Anakin's tear on Mustafar

2) Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel

jjreason
05-22-2005, 03:27 AM
There are a number of great, great moments. Here's my rundown of the 10 incidents and occurrences througout the PT that absolutely blow me away:

10. The Podrace - TPM.

9. Obi Wan Kenobi backflipping (complete with 1/2 twist, no less) out of his disintigrating fighter's canopy and proceeding to lay waste to battle droids - ROTS.

8. "LIAR! You won't take her away from me!!!" The dialogue between Ani and Obi before their duel - ROTS.

7. "We'll handle this." "We'll take the long way!" Obi and Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul - TPM.

6. Qui Gon jamming his lightsaber up to it's hilt into the blast doors on the Trade Fed ship - TPM. The first "amazing" moment of the PT holds up just fine against some stiff competition.

5. "Around the survivors, a perimeter create". Clones to the rescue - AOTC.

4. "I'll do what I must." "You'll try." Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan Kenobi - ROTS.

3. The commission and execution of Order 66/Anakin clears the Jedi Temple with the blue Clones - ROTS. The most emotional sequence in Star Wars since Han got frozen.

2. "Go into exile, I must. Failed, I have." Yoda to Bail Organa after failing to kill Palpatine in the senate duel - ROTS. Hearing Yoda say those words just..... got me. Let's put it that way. I thought things had gone sideways by the end of ESB, that now looks like a birthday party in comparison to the final few sequences of ROTS.

1. "You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!" "I hate you!!!!!!!" "You were my brother, Anakin..... I loved you!!!!!!!!" Obi Wan cuts off both of Anakin's legs and leaves him to die a fiery death on Mustafar - ROTS. By a mile. I was absolutely shocked to see this sequence. From the final blow struck by Obi Wan to the agonized shrieks of Anakin on fire, this is the movie moment of a lifetime for me. Absolutely perfect in every way.

Yes, I'm still high on ROTS. I don't foresee this changing though - it didn't take me any time at all to come up with 10 moments from these movies.

sevboot
05-22-2005, 11:16 AM
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

Best moment in the prequels....ever. :crazed:

And I really did like this movie. But I think we all should admit we like really cheesy stuff.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
This may be the best "little scene" in the prequels, but on his way to confront Sidious in ROTS, Yoda walks into Palpatine's quarters, flicks his wrists, and the two Royal Guards standing guard, crash into each other and crumble down to the floor. You wouldn't expect this from a two foot tall person who walks with a cane and a gait. Just goes to prove that "size matters not." :D

General_Grievous
05-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Without a doubt, the whole Anakin/Obi-Wan conflict at the end of ROTS. From the beginning ("Then I will do what I must." "You will try") up until Obi-Wan's tearjerker speech ("You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness! You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!"), every minute of it was captivating.

For me, the very close second is Anakin getting the mask put on for the first time. Hearing the breathing again sent chills down my spine.

Ji'dai
05-22-2005, 04:12 PM
For me, the very close second is Anakin getting the mask put on for the first time. Hearing the breathing again sent chills down my spine.

I don't know about best moment, but Anakin looking up and seeing the facemask being lowered down is chilling. The camera angle moves to first person and we get to see through the eye ports for the first time. I think he looked frightened to some extent, the realization that he will be trapped inside this helmet for the rest of his life begins to dawn on him. Really reminded me of the historical 'Man in the Iron Mask,' a prisoner hidden from the world by enforced solitary confinement in both body and identity.

DarthQuack
05-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Not sure about it being the best, but to me one of the most powerful moments will be when you see Yoda's walking stick fall from his hand to the floor and him fall to his knees, that just gave me the chills, along with when you first hear Vader's breath in his suit.

darko666
05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
when Maul lowered his hood and revealed those horns and ignited his double bladed lightsaber, you knew he meant buisness. the music and the imagery went perfect together and left one hell of an impact on me. i still remember hearing people go crazy when that scene came on durning the opening day.

DarkCloud
05-22-2005, 06:47 PM
OMG that scene was hilarious! i was like WTF?! how lame..:crazed:

DarkCloud
05-22-2005, 06:59 PM
i would agree that one of the best scene is when we get to see a first person view on what vader looks through when the mask is placed on him. really cool.

another deep moment is when anakin loses trust on everyone even padme (where he chokes her) and obi-wan. thus bringing upon the confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

the scene where Yoda says goodbye to Chewy (how he carries Yoda) and Tarful was pretty thoughout and quite sad because of the slaughter of the Jedis.

moulman
05-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Mine have all been from ROTS, the whole entire movie was great, but heres just a few parts;

Mace vs Palpy/Anakin- Was great, I loved when Palpy's face got all wrinkly (did anyone notice before this part, whenever he mentioned the darkside, his face would get a lil wrinkly?)

Order 66- Nuff Said

The Finale: The end was probably the best part of the whole movie. Seeing the twins delivered to their new parents, with us knowing one day that they would meet up and do what they did. And also when the camera focuses up on Lukes face, then back out onto the familiar Tatooine sunset. The Music totally fit the scene in this part...

Slicker
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
My favorite "moment" in the Prequels is now the execution of Order 66 and in particular on Ki-Adi Mundi. For some reason Mundi's death brought a chill to my body. His death seemed the saddest of all.

moulman
05-22-2005, 08:23 PM
My favorite "moment" in the Prequels is now the execution of Order 66 and in particular on Ki-Adi Mundi. For some reason Mundi's death brought a chill to my body. His death seemed the saddest of all.

Talk about sad; the whole movie was depressing:( , Republic crumbles, Anakin becomes Darth Vader, plus its more than likely the last star wars movie well ever get...

I forgot to mention the whole operating table scene with Vader. Finally understood that Darth was just depressed that he killed his love, and now hes confined to living in a big black suit(altho the suit is preety kick ***:D )

sith_killer_99
05-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Best moments:

1. Vader helmet sealing!

2. Obi-Wan/Anakin battle.

3. Order 66 montage.

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Two favs: Order 66 and the first battle of the Clone Wars.

bobafrett
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I'd say the Obi Wan, Anakin lightsaber duel just rocked, lasted long enough, and the acting was superb during that scene. It almost made me forget about all the lame dialogue in some of the other earlier scenes. The Mask being lowered onto Vaders face was chilling, and ranks right up there IMO.

Rappertuniewa
05-25-2005, 02:41 PM
1. "You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!" "I hate you!!!!!!!" "You were my brother, Anakin..... I loved you!!!!!!!!" Obi Wan cuts off both of Anakin's legs and leaves him to die a fiery death on Mustafar - ROTS. By a mile. I was absolutely shocked to see this sequence. From the final blow struck by Obi Wan to the agonized shrieks of Anakin on fire, this is the movie moment of a lifetime for me. Absolutely perfect in every way.

I agree, that was the redeeming scene for Episode III, and possibly for all the prequels, and definitely the best bit of filmmaking Lucas has done since the OT.

dr_evazan22
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
3) Vader's helmet locking into place and the first breath of Darth Vader within the suit.

The sounds that get made as the final piece of helemt is being fastened is reminisent of the sounds of the Carbonite as it freezes around Han in ESB (IMO). I thought that was really cool.

dr_evazan22
05-25-2005, 05:25 PM
For me I'll say:

QGJ / Obi / Maul saber fight in TPM

Battle of Geo from AOTC - showing the clones really kick some butt

The entire Vader / Padme / Obi confrontation on Mustafar - for all the reasons you all have mentioned

Exhaust Port
05-25-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this but my favorite part of ROTS is watching the Twillik (sp?) wearing lovely white dress (with a plunging neck line) walk up the stairs in the theater scene. :D "How you doin'?" :D

2-1B
05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Great catch ExP, she always distracts me when I'm waiting for GLu's character to come onscreen. They must not wear bras in Twilek Land. lol

Exhaust Port
05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
"There are no bra's in space." :)

Where's GL?

tagmac
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
TPM

- any scene with Darth Maul
- the opening battle between Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon and the Battle Droids

AOTC

- The Battle on Geonosis
- Obi-Wan vs. Jango
- Palpatine gets emergency powers (the true beginning of the Empire)

ROTS

- Vader vs. Obi-Wan
- Order 66 is given
- The entire end montage
- The meeting between Padme, Mon Mothma, & Bail Organa (wait, this extremely important scene of the birth of the Rebellion was actually CUT from the movie....my bad) :frus:

vader121
05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
PM
-beginning battle was cool on the Federation starship
-Obiwan & QuiGonn vs Maul
-the setup only of the Gungan vs Battle Droid battle

AOTC
-End battle
-Anakin vs Dooku (brief but pretty cool)
-Yoda vs Dooku (gotta laugh at this)
-Seeing Clonetroopers for first time. I've always been a Stormtrooper fan so seeing the white and black suits was very cool for me.
-End sequence seeing thousands of Clonetroopers amassed being dispersed in the galaxy

ROTS (loved this movie but below are the extreme highlights for me)
-opennig battle
-Obiwan vs Grievous battle
-Kashyyk battle
-Yoda vs Emperor battle
-ending sequence (AWESOME!)
-attack on Jedi Temple. Love the marching of the troopers behind the twisted Anakin

Devo
05-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok fair enough there was some good moments in the prequels. I will list as many as I can remember.

TPM -

Trade federation landing ships deploying and..well...landing on Naboo (great music - cool vehicles)

Any appearance of Darth Maul

The lightsaber duel in its entirety (having only just seen ROTS I'm not yet sure if it has been eclipsed)

Qui-gon's meditation during the duel intermission, Maul's pacing

Qui-gon's defeat (shame it had to be followed immediately by a Jar Jar scene)

Qui-gons line to Obi-wan 'you are much a wiser man than I am - i foresee you will become a great jedi knight'

'Perhaps I killed a jedi, and took it from him' RE: his lightsaber - no one can kill a jedi 'I wish that were so'

"Republic credits will do fine" "no they won't" "republic credits will do fine"...."no..they won't"

Disclaimer: although most TPM bits I liked were Qui-gon moments I maintain that his character is completely superfluous to the saga

AOTC -

"what took you so long?" "I couldn't find a speeder I liked" If he had stopped there it would have been quite funny and banterful, unfortunately he went on and on and it just became stupid.

"you don't want to sell me death sticks"

Any moment featuring the Republic Gunship, one of the coolest vehicles in the entire saga

Obi-wan/Jango meeting in Kamino apartment (apart from one discrepancy where Jango asks if obi-wan likes his army - which was already answered with obi-wans line 'your clones are very impressive' a few seconds prior)

Obi-wan/jango fight on kamino landing platform

Asteroid sequence - marred only by the presence of a Daniel Logan acting as though he were playing a video game "FI-AAAAA" "GET 'IM DAD GET 'IM"

Any scene with Count Dooku, Lee is superb, if anything detracts from a scene that he is in its not his fault.

The "If we catch Dooku we can end this war right now" scene

Dooku's solar sail ship escaping and then landing in a dodgy looking area of coruscant for his rendez-vous with Sidious(I like the music at this point)

The penultimate shots of the film with the clone army being readied and the ships taking off, their engines igniting (first appearance of Imperial March since ROTJ)

Disclaimer: the events of AOTC (the beginning of the clone wars anyway) should have been the first Episode of the prequel trilogy. TPM was a waste for the most part.

ROTS:

The opening reveal of the space battle over coruscant was cool with the starfighters flying over the bow of a republic ship and joining the battle below

Anakin attempting to physically nudge the buzz droids off Obi-wans ship

R2-D2 attempting to hide as Obi wan's voice emanates loudly over the intercom (I'm not certain if I liked the other R2 comedy moments that followed but this one was good)

The "seduction" scenes were definitely well played by Ian McDiarmid (I reserve judgement on Hayden, he's hampered by having to try to mimic James Earl Jones' intonations) and good mood setting music in these scenes

Palpatines disfigurement was nice and freaky and when he started to sound more blatantly evil and depraved I really enjoyed seeing the emperor from ROTJ back. So basically any scene with palpatine, I loved, and, as with Count Dooku, if there was an annoyance about a scene it didn't come from him.

Yes I loved the Order 66 scenes, the music was fantastic and it did manage to arouse sympathy for the jedi plight.

The padawan jedi holding his own against the clones before being taken down

Anakin wiping out the seperatists in silence - very dark (mercifully we were spared any of the quips I had read about which apparently were to be in this scene)

The scene with Yoda and Obi-wan dispatching the clones outside the jedi temple - it was good to see them both in action at the same time and side by side.

Obi-wan requesting to take on the emperor - for some reason this struck a note with me

Yoda making easy work of the emperors royal guards

All the emperors dialogue and line delivery during the yoda fight and I also really like the outfit he had during the duel. I wouldn't wear it myself but it looked fantastic.

Yoda falling to the floor way below and losing his robe and the emperor clambering back up onto the pod and then Yoda crawling through the ducts. The two supreme jedi masters of good and evil forced into physical situations we'd not seen them in before.

Anakin truly looking a sad sight with legs cut off and sliding down the embankment towards the lava. Then Ewan McGregor delivering the best piece of acting he ever gave in a Star Wars film. Although I don't think a few lines here and there in AOTC and ROTS were enough to portray Anakin and Obi-wan as 'brothers', here Ewan almost convinces you that Lucas's writing is better than it is.

Anakin/Vader being operated on, a horrific sight. Seeing inside Vader's mask and his first breath. Shame the scene then went on to be ruined.

The moments when Luke and Leia's themes are played.

The End.

jjreason
05-27-2005, 04:22 AM
Anakin truly looking a sad sight with legs cut off and sliding down the embankment towards the lava. Then Ewan McGregor delivering the best piece of acting he ever gave in a Star Wars film.

Hear, hear!!!! :D This was THE BEST sequence of dialogue in the entire Saga. Absolutely haunting, watching the ALWAYS collected Obi Wan finally break down. I'm getting all choked up just reading about it.......

Time for another trip to the theater methinks.

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Another scene I forgot about until I watched the trailer again this morning is Mace's pimp stride as he and the Jedi walk into Palpatine's office.

Imperial Monarche
05-28-2005, 12:04 AM
The sounds that get made as the final piece of helemt is being fastened is reminisent of the sounds of the Carbonite as it freezes around Han in ESB (IMO). I thought that was really cool.

No, it's the same sound as when the helmet locks onto his head in ESB.

Slicker
06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
As a companion to the "Dumbest moment in the Prequels" thread I decided to make a best moment one. Admittedly I don't like some moments in the Prequels and it's no secret that I utterly despise AOTC (you'll notice my list doesn't contain many AOTC moments) waited for 3 years between each movie just to criticize every little moment. Believe it or not there were some good moments in the Prequels. My personal favs are:

1. The Podrace in TPM.
2. Darth Maul taking off his cloak with the Duel of the Fates music starting (it's one of those moments that sends a chill through me)
3. The arena battle in AOTC
4. The beginning battle of ROTS
5. The execution of Order 66 (especially Ki Adi Mundi's death because the music gets somber and sad and because I love the Snowtrooper looking Clones)

The PT doesn't have nearly as many favorite moments as the OT for me but it nonetheless has it's fair share of them.

ronhudy
06-03-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm a much bigger fan of all 3 OT films, than I am of the prequels myself. But I did enjoy a lot of prequel moments, such as(in no particular order)...

1. The silent moment in AOTC after Dooku worked over Ani and Obi, and you see Yoda's shadow creeping into the hangar.

2. Darth Maul turning on that double-lightsaber. (Even if you hate Phantom Menace, we all know we were waiting to see a double-bladed lightsaber on screen!). Then seeing him get whacked in half!

3. Qui-Gon cutting open the blast doors on the Trade Federation ship with his lightsaber.

4. "There's always a bigger fish". The Bongo scene was kind of dumb, but that line resonated with the kind of humor present in the OT films. It wasn't "forced".

5. Seeing the younglings in the Jedi Temple with their little lightsabers, practicing with the seekers, getting instruction from Yoda.

6. Obi-Wan's spinning lightsaber move, just after cutting down those initial Battle Droids when he and Qui-Gon first landed on Naboo. It was at that moment that I think we realized, that there was going to be MUCH better lightsaber action than in the OT films.

7. Palpatine igniting his lightsaber. The overall scene of Mace and the other Jedi being killed so quickly didn't sit well with me, but just seeing that lightsaber slide down his sleeve and him go flying through the air was cool.

:)

darthvyn
06-03-2005, 06:28 PM
As a companion to the "Dumbest moment in the Prequels" thread I decided to make a best moment one.

there's already three pages of 'em!!!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28466

Slicker
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Guess that's what I get for making threads a) just after waking up and b) without searching first.

Thanks senor Vyn. I will now go and sing my song of shame.

Slicker
06-11-2005, 12:50 AM
After singing my song of shame I went to see the movie again I came away with another of my favorite PT moments. In the hanger on Utapau that Clone that gets the running start and jumps on top of the crab droid and blasts him in the top of his dome then turns and kills the other one. Truly a great scene and it looked realistic.

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2005, 09:25 AM
In the hanger on Utapau that Clone that gets the running start and jumps on top of the crab droid and blasts him in the top of his dome then turns and kills the other one. Truly a great scene and it looked realistic.
I brought this scene up when me and Rocketboy watched it Saturday nite. I, too, think this scene is awesome. It reminds me of the scene in every WWII movie where the soldier jumps on the tank and lays into the crew through the hatch.

Check your PM's, Slick.

Jayspawn
06-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I have several moments....

TPM
- When Qui-Gon starts cutting through the door on the Federation ship while Obi-Wan holds em off.
- Darth Sidious!
- When Amidala's ship lands on Coruscant w/ Palpatine waiting on the platform. Great shot of Palpatine, good enterance into the movies.
- JarJar's explanation of how he got on the Queen's ship.
- Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon's ambush of the Battle Droids escorting the Queen and her party away.
- The pit droid kicking JarJar in the crotch in Watto's shop.
- Boss Nass!
- The look on Watto's face after Qui-Gon wins the chance cube.
- When Sebulba crashes "Podoo!"
-Darth Maul and Qui-Gon's fight on Tatooine.
- Entire Theed hanger and generator lightsaber duel.
- Former Fan Club President Dan Madsen's cameo.
- When Qui-Gon backhand's Darth Maul in the face during the lightsaber fight.
- Darth Maul's "Hhummph" when Obi-Wan cleaves him in half.
- Qui-Gon's funeral, good shots of all the characters.

I'll do my favorite AOTC and ROTS moments later....

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I also liked when Aayla Secura got whacked. If you listen carefully you can hear the Clone Commander say "Take that, background character who got a fan following because you're 'hot' even though you're green and have freaking tentacles sticking out of your dome. Pay attention Aurra Sing and Zam Wessel. You're next!!!"

Maybe that part was only in the digital version.......

:p
600th post! YIPPEE!

BoShek
06-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I loved seeing Tarking in Ep3!

2-1B
06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Green and Blue chicks with tentacles are hot, dude. lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Green and Blue chicks with tentacles are hot, dude. lol
Hell yeah!!! :D

Without a doubt, my favorite SW movie is ROTS. So not only is it the best prequel, it's the best SW film overall, IMO. There's just so much awesome stuff, the entire time. It would take too long to list all of my favorite parts from all three films, but I think that my favorite part is the entire last half of ROTS, starting when Mace confronts Palpatine. I never thought a movie could be so freakin' sad!

Jediboy
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
After four viewings and almost a complete month since its release, I think I can put together a better list of my favorite prequel moments.

The Phantom Menace
5. The Pod Race - Simply an amazing action piece. Too bad it doesn't do much to advance the overall story but it's still fun to watch.
4. Otoh Gunga - I wish more time could have been spent with the underwater city. Too bad it didn't make another appearance later in the series.
3. Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul - The duel on Tatooine is a favorite of mine with the dust and Maul's swirling robes making it hard to tell what's going on but it's still intense, but too short.
2. Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul - The duel that set the standard for the prequels it literally took my breath away.
1. The Teaser Trailer - Seeing brand new Star Wars footage that had taken 3 hours to download using my 28.8 modem was euphoric. Of course having the phone line tied up that long wasn't a big hit...

Attack of the Clones
5. Kamino - I love this planet. The constant rain, the pounding surf and seeing the flying whale things was awesome.
4. Yoda vs Count Dooku - Impressive to see Yoda fight, but the fight feels like it is lacking something to me, I'm not sure what though. Still fun to watch.
3. The Asteroid Chase - Finally getting to see Slave 1 in action was awesome. The seismic charges are a great sound effect and help to enhance a great action scene.
2. Anakin vs Count Dooku - The best part was Anakin using two sabers to fight Dooku. It wasn't too intense, but perfectly foreshadows the fight in ROTS.
1. The Battle of Geonosis - The beginning of the Clone Wars was a sight to behold with some fantastic action. I would also like to mention the end of the film when Palpatine and the senators are watching the ships take off and the Imperial March starts to play then transitions to the wedding. Fantastic.

Revenge of the Sith
5. Anakin's Tear on Mustafar - An awesome quiet moment.
4. Anakin and Padme - The scene with him in the Jedi chambers and her in their apartment and they are sensing each other. A very moving moment.
3. The Battle of Coruscant - A great space battle and good way to kick off the movie.
2. Anakin vs Obi-Wan - Nuff said.
1. Obi-Wan and Luke - Finally seeing Luke delivered to the Lars Homestead on Tatooine was fantastic. A moment I had dreamed about for a long time and it didn't disappoint me.

I've spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting about these movies. Star Wars has been a huge part of my life. It was what introduced me to film when I was four years old. My best childhood memories revolve around Star Wars. The anticipation of the prequels has made the last eight years a very fun time and I eagerly anticipate whatever lies ahead....

General_Grievous
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Wanted to dig this thread up because I've been on a prequel binge lately.

The Top Ten Moments of the Prequels

10. The Finale (AOTC)
From Yoda's great "Begun, the clone war has" line to the clones preparing for war to the Imperial March and Anakin and Padme's doomed wedding, you knew big things would happen in Episode III.

9. The Podrace (TPM)
One of the most, if not, the most technologically advanced scene in TPM, plus it was pretty exciting.

8. Anakin turns to the Dark Side (ROTS)
The whole scene in Palpatine's office where Anakin turns is a memorable one thanks to Ian McDiarmid's creepy performance and the dark music by John Williams.

7. The Arena Battle (AOTC)
Seeing the beasts attack was cool. Seeing two hundred Jedi attack was awesome. Especially since we finally got to see Mace in action.

6. Order 66 (ROTS)
Anakin marching into the Jedi Temple with the clones was awesome. But it was a bit sad seeing the Jedi we had come to know in TPM and AOTC being killed off. Still, you could smell the evil emitting from the screen when Anakin crept into the Council Chamber to finish off the younglings.

5. The Battle of Geonosis (AOTC)
AKA the first battle of the Clone Wars. This was the first scene of the prequels where I felt like I was watching something from the original trilogy. Plus, you have to love the Death Star cameo.

4. Duel of the Fates (TPM)
Maul. Jinn. Kenobi. Nuff said.

3. Yoda vs. Count Dooku (AOTC)
Everyone in the theater stood up and cheered at this part. Yoda finally kicked some major @$$. Technically, the fight was a draw, but we all know who really won. Also worth mentioning is Yoda vs. Sidious and Yoda throwing the lightsaber into the clone's chest outside the Jedi Temple in ROTS.

2. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (ROTS)
No longer my favorite moment, but still pretty damn good. We were all waiting for this since we first saw Star Wars, and it delivered. It's not just the fight itself that makes my list, but all the emotions erupting before and after the fight. Plus, Obi-Wan's "You were the chosen one!" bit is probably the best acting Ewan McGregor's done.

1. The Birth of Darth Vader (ROTS)
My new favorite. But everyone loves it. I didn't even mind the "NOOOOOO!" because I was just so pumped to see Vader again. You get goosebumps when he takes his first breaths and the phrase "the circle is now complete" jumps directly to mind.

stillakid
01-08-2007, 11:48 PM
BEST moment in the prequels is...

__________________________________________________ ______________

bigbarada
01-09-2007, 03:44 PM
4. Anakin and Padme - The scene with him in the Jedi chambers and her in their apartment and they are sensing each other. A very moving moment.

This is my favorite scene is all the prequels, and the only time that I actually feel like I am sensing what the characters are feeling. Very moving and actually very foreboding because you realize that everything is about to fall apart very soon. You even forget that there are special effects in the scene.

It's the only time that the Prequels actually come close to successful storytelling.

For one shining moment the films rise above mediocrity, then they sink right back down into a glorified toy commercial.

The only other scene that comes close is the moment when Anakin leaves his mother on Tatooine. You hear the music swell as he walks away and get a sense that the galaxy will never be the same again.

I don't despise the Prequels, because as sci-fi sequel films go they are very good. AOTC is the worst Star Wars film in my mind, but I would still rather watch that than Predator 2, Alien 3 or Men in Black 2.

I'm not ten years old anymore though, I can't just ignore the glaring flaws in the film. Even at that age, however, it took me several years to stop getting ticked off that Leia had suddenly been made Luke's sister in ROTJ.