PDA

View Full Version : Do U Play with your toys ??

xboywonder
01-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Just out of curiosity - how many folks here play with their Star Wars toys ??
Like actually have the jedi's defend the living room, and the coffee table is actually a hanger bay and so forth ??

LTBasker
01-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder
Just out of curiosity - how many folks here play with their Star Wars toys ??
Like actually have the jedi's defend the living room, and the coffee table is actually a hanger bay and so forth ??

Originally posted by LTBasker
I'm 15 and I love playing with them! Especially the LEGOs! Currently, the Rebels are waiting to rebuild their secret base and the Imperials are waiting for a squadron of TIE Bombers and TIE Interceptors (still need to get some Interceptors, haven't had the chance.) while they've taken over the Mos Eisley cantina 3-D background playset and R2-Q5 shows off the plans for the Death Star III! And on my Carbon Freeze Playset, Bespin Luke and Dagobah Vader are dueling it out against MOTDS 2-pack Maul!

'Nuff said. :D :crazed: :rolleyes:

PloKoon2385
01-10-2002, 05:16 PM
I love to play with my toys, that is what they are for. Me and my friend and my brother have this big battle every week or so. It is so fun...:D

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 05:35 PM
All the time.

Oh, you meant play with Star Wars figures.:o Yes, occasionally.

Darth Vellner
01-10-2002, 10:03 PM
I Like To Play...
Posting For First time am I:greedy: :Pirate:

Jargo
01-10-2002, 11:01 PM
I have figures with me at the PC all the time. I have both Figrin and Barquin D'an with me right now and last night it was Jek Porkins and X-wing Luke using the monitor stand as a secret hideout. I also usually set them up in little scenes on my bedside table so I can play last thing at nght and when I wake up next day...... I usually end up with all my cantina aliens standing around talking about the weather and the state of the political system now that the Supreme Chancellor went and passed the amended bill that will lead to higher taxes for the common alien/man. It's easier to play conservative when your tired, requires less imagination and brain power. :) It's hard to get away with playing with action figures when your partner who's not a fan is staring at you with a withering glare at four thirty A.M.

GNT
01-11-2002, 12:24 AM
I dont play with them but I do like to stare at them alot,Of coarse they stare back at me with that sad look that says "open my plastic cage,I can't breath" look,I just ignore them.

Jek Porky 2002
01-11-2002, 05:49 AM
No, No, No, No, No!

Obi-Don
01-11-2002, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't call it playing,but I do like to get them down and dust them off and just look at them from time to time.

JEDIpartner
01-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Yes... I do. And I love the Royal Starship. I have a lot of fun playing with that and having new little adventures! So sue me! It's better than some of the alternatives! No?

Starfig873
01-11-2002, 12:06 PM
Darn tootin' I do. Oh you should have seen me with my Action Fleet vehicles! I'd play, and play, and play I would.

And I admit I make the "vooom, voosh, krrrssh" sounds of the lightsabers. Heck, I even do Darth's breathing noise. :D

Darth Evil
01-11-2002, 02:07 PM
When I'm very, very bored, sometimes. I like the Empire win and Vader, Maul and Palpatine and all the other Imperials triumph!

LTBasker
01-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Darn tootin' I do. Oh you should have seen me with my Action Fleet vehicles! I'd play, and play, and play I would.

And I admit I make the "vooom, voosh, krrrssh" sounds of the lightsabers. Heck, I even do Darth's breathing noise. :D

I always do sound effects for my ships, droids, explosions, blaster fire, etc. and always gotta provide the correct and classic dialouge like "Theres too many of them!" or "just like Beggar's Canyon back home!" :D

El Chuxter
01-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Whenever I get new ones, I play with them a tad. I'll admit it. Then I figure out cool and/or silly ways to display them. Like Deluxe Topless Maul looks really cool standing on the Bacta Tank, about to pounce on whoever's below. With their elbow articulation, Shmi Skywalker and Emperor's Wrath Vader can hug. And the 12" Death Star Trooper looks best not with one of his two hats, but the Stormtrooper helmet from the newest 12" Han. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Like El Chuxter, I "play" with SW figures when I first get them. What I like to do is trade accessories with them, especially helmets. Floppy Hat Luke's hat is great on Emperor's Wrath Vader!

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Like El Chuxter, I "play" with SW figures when I first get them. What I like to do is trade accessories with them, especially helmets. Floppy Hat Luke's hat is great on Emperor's Wrath Vader!

Another great hat switch--Luke's floppy hat is a perfect fit on the Naboo Royal Guard (Security?--I mean the rarish one with red armor). It looks hilarious! :D

Dark Knight
01-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Yes, I play with my loose figures. I have dozen of stormies searching a section of my room while the Falcon comes zooming out of nowhere. Chewie flying and Han is manning the quads. I
also have the emperor having mass execution.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

mista_carrot
01-15-2002, 03:53 AM
I've been playing with Deluxe Leia quite a bit lately.

:D

Dark Knight
01-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mista_carrot
I've been playing with Deluxe Leia quite a bit lately.

:D

I don't think that what the qustion asked.

Heheheeeheheeeheheeeheeeheeeheheheheheehehehehehee eheeheheheheheheehe:D :D:evil:

jedi master sal
01-15-2002, 01:21 PM
I don't play. I DISPLAY.

InsaneJediGirl
01-15-2002, 04:25 PM
I play around with my loose action figures,its fun.Try sticking Lukes hand on DarthVaders..(Doesnt work,tried).Or try fitting
some figures in a landspeeders..always diffcult.If anyone can fit
Aurra Sing in there with out ripping her legs off,e-mail me!:evil:

Starfig873
01-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Just how can you NOT play with them? Especially the one's with lightsabers. Inhuman I tell you! Inhuman!

:Pirate:

mabudonicus
01-16-2002, 02:30 PM
If you don't play with em, why not just collect (ahem) "maquettes" (hee hee- I love that word). I like how the sandtrooper with the dewback can grab his ankles. Also(and I'm serious now) if anyone has an extra head to the dagobah darth vader, let me know(it's supposed to be removable, it's not supposed to just shoot off like that) Also(2) Did anyone else break their r2d2(with the extending data link thing) as soon as they got him out of the package, just trying to see how the action figure works? I actually returned one of them, then did the exact same thing with his replacement- where'd I go wrong?

N-2PF
01-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Yes, 12"-Vader took off his helmet to order an apple pie from McDonald's-Barbie.

mark2d2
01-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Yes, I have to admit I do.

I recently finally got my hands on the Escape Pod from the Royal Starship. (someone had and extra and we made a trade) Anyway, this little ship is awesome! It is the ONLY ship in the new line that is able to actually hold and artoo unit and it frequently is piloted around the apartment by a lucky Duro who won it by betting that Ponda Boba would infact lose his arm. :)

It irritates me to no end that they changed the Y-wing to have a built in droid. Lame. In fact I didn't even bother to buy one.

Of course -- nothing is ever perfect and the pods windshield is painted on. Whatever. It's still a great little ship that reminds me of the mini-rigs from the vintage line.

Turbowars
01-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
All the time.

Oh, you meant play with Star Wars figures.:o Yes, occasionally. Good one Bigbarada, I love it!! Anyways, Hell NO I don't play with them, They will never be taken out of the package. I opened a few in the past and they are crap, but I love them in the colorful packaging that Hasbro screws up on constantly. Really I don't have any interest in playing with them.

Tarkin the otter
01-28-2002, 05:41 PM
When I first open them I'll happily 'play' with them for a while, then I find the right pose & he/she/it sits on my shelf, until a layer of dust persuades me to clean & repose them. I also love to smell them fresh from the bubble so to speak. Mmmm, new plastic!
(It's a childhood thing - my main memory of the vintage line was the overwhelming smell of plastic & vinyl whenever I opened a figure. They don't smell as strong these days though).

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 04:41 AM
No I don't play with them, they are works of Art! I keep them displayed on the many shelves, I've bought for them. I also bought a jewelry case which I put some of them in. I hate it when the kitten jumps up and throws them all down :frus:

Sometimes, SOMETIMES, when I have Darth maul, qui gon and obi wan beside the computer. I replay the final duel in episode I :D

xboywonder
02-26-2002, 02:18 PM
At this point I would like to invite everyone over to my house this weekend to play Star Wars... bring all your favorite figures. Be sure to label them with your initails, so we won't get them mixed up.

I'll provide the backyard, the dirt, and the popsicles.

See you all at (my house) Star Wars playCon 2002...

Don't forget to ask your parents permission first.

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Sure, Xboywonder.
Where do you live?
I cant turn down the popsicles!!:crazed:

Amanamike
02-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Im 30 years old, and to my wife its bad enough I buy these things, if she saw me play with them she would probably kick me out!! So I said Ill fix that problem and now I have 2 sons. 1 is turning 6 and has more starwars figures than most kids have toys. SoI get to play with him and his toys. My other son is 11 months old, future player. Gonna make for some great battles!!!!!