PDA

View Full Version : Bloopers in ROTS

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I noticed two, both of them having to do with Obi-Wan's lightsaber. And I'm remembering these to the best of my ability, I think I probably got some details wrong. Anyway, both of these stuck out, to me anyway.

When Obi-Wan is knocked out during the fight with Dooku, and his saber is a few feet away, it's the design he used in TPM and AOTC. However, when Grievous takes it a few minutes later, it's the ANH one, the one he uses the rest of the time in the movie. You can tell because there's a red button on the TPM/AOTC one and nothing like that on the other one.

When Anakin is choking Obi-Wan during the duel, and pushing his hands down to the ground, the saber in Obi-Wan's right hand changes from his, to Anakin's, back to his again. This was also in the trailer and I figured they cut the scene weird, but nope.

2-1B
05-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Obi-Wan drops his cloak to fight Grievous and does all that stuff without it, leaves without it, arrives on Bail's ship without it, then has it back on at the Temple.

Ahhh ! But he got a new one at the Temple, right ? That would make sense except that he was wearing it outside the Temple fighting the Clones BEFORE he and Yoda made it into the joint. :)

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Obi-Wan drops his cloak to fight Grievous and does all that stuff without it, leaves without it, arrives on Bail's ship without it, then has it back on at the Temple.

Ahhh ! But he got a new one at the Temple, right ? That would make sense except that he was wearing it outside the Temple fighting the Clones BEFORE he and Yoda made it into the joint. :)

Just like how Yoda loses his cloak during the duel with Sidious, crawls through the service tunnels without it, gets into Bail's speeder without it, but then...

wears it onboard the Tantive IV!!! :crazed:

Pendo
05-23-2005, 07:21 AM
When Mace has Palpatine on the floor he approaches him with his saber, but when Anakin enters the room Mace has shot back a couple of feet and is approaching Palpatine again.

PENDO!

good shot jansen
05-23-2005, 07:48 AM
continuity's a tough task in making a movie. let alone a movie where the majority is digitally manufactured, and obviously most of the attention to detail was given to the digital elements. in post production, it would be easy to lose track of continuity on mundane little things like....actors interacting with other......actors :rolleyes:

i've only sen the movie once, and as such have yet to focus in on continuity and blooper moments, but it wouldn't suprise me in the least that there are quite a number of these lapses in continuity.

jblodgett
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I always wondered about Obi-Wan's lightsaber...

What this all sounds like is that when they went to do the original filming - there was one plot. When they went to do the editing - the plot changed.

Probably, at one point in the filming, Obi-wan was to somehow get Anakin's lightsaber away from him - thus the scene where Obi-wan is holding the lightsaber while Anakin is choking him. During editing - that particular plot line was changed in typical Lucas fashion - but the content of the filming wasn't.

Obi-Wan's lightsaber has always been a question to me. At the end of The Phantom Menace - maul kicks his lightsaber down that shaft -- bye bye lightsaber. He picks up Qui-Gon's lightsaber and uses it to kill maul. So you think -- hey -- he's lost his lightsaber, he needs a new one. Of course - his Phantom Menace saber has returned by Attack of the Clones.

So fast forward to Attack of the Clones -- his lightsaber is confiscated by Dooku - and he fights with a new lightsaber that he is provided by the Jedi when they come into the arena. Here's another chance to get rid of the lightsaber - and bring in the lightsaber he used in A New Hope.

Fast forward to Revenge of the Sith -- I hear reports that Obi-Wan has his Phantom Menace lightsaber again!! So I figure -- when he is captured by General Grievous, and he steals a lightsaber away from Grievous - the lightsaber he will steal will be the lightsaber he keeps from A New Hope.

*Sigh*

How hard would it be to fix these simple continuity gaps?

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
When Obber's gets on the Bogga his hood goes from up to down back to up in the matter of a few seconds.

Jim Jam Bonds

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't know if it's technically a blooper, but when the viewing window on the Invisible Hand shatters, no one seems to be affected by the fact that they're in freaking space and exposed to it!

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't think the issue with the shatered window on the Invisible Hand is a big deal. My thought on the matter has less to do with them being in open space rather the air pressure is balencing (going from the high level of the ship to the lower level of space). Those "metal windows" close quickly to bring the pressure in the ship back to normal, howeva had the window stayed open longer it would have become a problem. Also lets not forget that Qui Gon and Obi Wan held their breath on the Trade Federation ship while gas was being pumped into the room they were in.

Although that brings up another issue, those metal windows close but its back to "glass" when the ship crash lands.

Jim Jam

hango fett
05-23-2005, 02:02 PM
i noticed in the scene where mace is talking of a plot, his lightsaber he has clipped to his belt is not the one he really uses. it had no big black peice on it, unless it was on the back, but the tip of the lightsaber's hilt still looked diffrent.
HF

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't think the issue with the shatered window on the Invisible Hand is a big deal. My thought on the matter has less to do with them being in open space rather the air pressure is balencing (going from the high level of the ship to the lower level of space). Those "metal windows" close quickly to bring the pressure in the ship back to normal, howeva had the window stayed open longer it would have become a problem. Also lets not forget that Qui Gon and Obi Wan held their breath on the Trade Federation ship while gas was being pumped into the room they were in.

Give this a read and you'll know what I mean. Exposure to the vacuum of space is more than a change in pressure.
http://www.sff.net/people/Geoffrey.Landis/vacuum.html

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 02:38 PM
You know after I posted I did think about other issues besides pressure, the cold etc. just as that link points out. I'd say it would probably be explained as some sort of Jedi force technique that allowed them to survive while any ordinary creature would have died for sure.

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I'd say it would probably be explained as some sort of Jedi force technique that allowed them to survive while any ordinary creature would have died for sure.
Good ol' GL. Always explaining away something! :D

El Chuxter
05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
There's a really funny one when Palpatine is melting in that really great CG scene :rolleyes:, when he apparently channels the spirit of Chris "Cobra Commander" Latta!

"No, no, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Good ol' GL. Always explaining away something! :D

You betcha! I'd like to hear his reason why Obi Wan didn't force push those buzz droids off his ship AND why he was concerend with his cockpit fogging up can't he "see with the Force?"lol

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
i noticed in the scene where mace is talking of a plot, his lightsaber he has clipped to his belt is not the one he really uses. it had no big black peice on it, unless it was on the back, but the tip of the lightsaber's hilt still looked diffrent.
HF

Y'know, I thought that was my mind playing tricks on me!!! I noticed that too when I saw it again yesterday. Seems kinda strange something like that would've happened though.

2-1B
05-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Jim Jam I think those buzz droids were magnetized to the ship. "Magnetize ! Magnetize!"

As for the Jedi not dying when the glass shattered, Meh ! This is Star Wars physics.

Bantha274
05-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Jim Jam I think those buzz droids were magnetized to the ship. "Magnetize ! Magnetize!"

As for the Jedi not dying when the glass shattered, Meh ! This is Star Wars physics.

Exactly.
If you REALLY want to tear the movies apart, how about the fact that you can hear ships in space in every SW movie.
In reality, that is impossible. Space is a vaccum, so there's no way to hear things flying through space. You could hear the sound of your own ship, but not other ships nearby.
But what would SW be without the sound effects?
It wouldn't be SW at all. So just because something isn't possible in reality, in the context of these movies, it is essential.

Rocketboy
05-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Grevious.
He was a blooper...

Wasn't he?