PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Boba Fett

Bossk77
05-23-2005, 12:50 AM
So what origin do you like better... The clone of Jango, or Jaster Mariell origin from the books?

kool-aid killer
05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
I prefer the story of Jaster Mereel, there is just so much more of a interesting backstory that can be done for the man, his start as a Protector, how he gained his Mandalorian armor, notable hunts that gave him the reputation he had, etc. With the whole son of Jango thing he really seems to lose his mystique, nothing more than a clone of the real deal.

Ji'dai
05-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Neither one really.

I never really cared for the Jaster Mereel "Journeyman Protector" backstory. He was supposedly so ugly he wore the helmet in part to hide his face. This EU tale has been tweaked to maintain continuity with the official Fett backstory established in AOTC though.

I wish the Clone Wars in the prequels maintained the original idea that it was fought between the Mandalorians and the Jedi/Republic Army. The Republic could've had a standing army that was bolstered by Palpatine's clones, which could have been engineered from DNA secretly taken from the Republic's greatest warriors.

kool-aid killer
05-23-2005, 01:42 AM
The Mandalorians as foes of the Jedi during the Clone Wars wouldnt have been too bad, but i would find it hard to believe that there were so many of them that the Jedi needed clones to help fight them, what were they, a galactic army? Now if they made the Mandalorians mercenaries who aided the Separatist during the Clone Wars i would buy that.

MaquisWarrior
05-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Why does he wear Durge's symbol on his shoulders???

Bossk77
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Why does he wear Durge's symbol on his shoulders???

THe symbol isnt Durge's symbol. Durge is wearing the symbol of the Mandalorian race. The Mandalor created the armor Fett wears. Durge is not Mandelorian though.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I am not as versed in the origins of Bobba but I really would like to know why he wasn't in ROTS. I definitely thought he would come into the picture especially after picking up his dad's head in AOTC. But I did not see him anywhere in EP3. Not even a cameo like the Millenium Falcon.:(

Bossk77
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I am not as versed in the origins of Bobba but I really would like to know why he wasn't in ROTS. I definitely thought he would come into the picture especially after picking up his dad's head in AOTC. But I did not see him anywhere in EP3. Not even a cameo like the Millenium Falcon.:(

Dont worry, just wait for the special edition of EP 3 :crazed: I was hoping he would make a cameo...but no luck. My question is why did they call Liam Neison in for ep 3 and not show him as a holo as first indications had led us to believe?

Rocketboy
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
My question is why did they call Liam Neison in for ep 3 and not show him as a holo as first indications had led us to believe?Maybe for the Vanity Fair shoot...or just to screw with our heads...:D

Rocketboy
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Oh, and as for the original question: I prefer the the AOTC version because it wasn't EU - I actually saw it happen.

Bossk77
05-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I like the book version for the run in history with Solo ect "han solo trilligy" but being able to see AOTC ect was great too... Hard to pick one or the other, and a combo isnt quite posible with the way EU stuff folds out. I just wish they would bring the Mandalor onto the bigs screen. I really want to see what lucas's concept of thier appearance is. i can dream....

Dark Helmet
05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Maybe for the Vanity Fair shoot...or just to screw with our heads...:D

A big tease is what I think. But if GL releases a director's cut (how awesome would that be) I bet we see Qui Gon's holo and the Dagobah landing. More waiting we have to do for that.

beckmen
05-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't think it was a Qui-Gon holo, but ghost. Again I heard we didn't see him, but hear his voice for a part of ROTS. Perhaps his appearance was cut, and then his voice was cut afterwards. Pity, though. The whole Qui-Gon thing seemed really jammed into the movie as it was.

Maybe the DVD...