PDA

View Full Version : FX blasters?

knightone
05-23-2005, 03:36 AM
How intereested would everyone be in seeing a line of Blasters added to the MR FX line? Just wondering.

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 06:08 AM
How intereested would everyone be in seeing a line of Blasters added to the MR FX line? Just wondering.

It would be nice if only to have an affordable line of blasters made from lesser-quality materials as well (although my Vader FX hilt is just as nice as the LE). However, I don't think they'll be as popular as the FX lightsabers. First of all, one of the most impressive qualities of the FX sabers is how realistic the blade looks when ignited. The blasters don't have any impressive light show like that. The best they could do is have a bright glow at the end of the barrel/muzzle/etc.

I just don't think they'd have the same mass-market appeal.

Jayspawn
05-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, just how would they even pull off making an FX Blaster? Think they should have a light pole sticking out the edge of a Stormtrooper Blaster?

Hasbro has made several toy blasters that light up and even make sound!

megaprime33
05-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, just how would they even pull off making an FX Blaster? Think they should have a light pole sticking out the edge of a Stormtrooper Blaster?

Hasbro has made several toy blasters that light up and even make sound!
Yeah I was gonna say, doesn't hasbro already make these? Unless you want to spend like $120 for a metal gun that has sound effects I suggest just going for the toy version and save the money. Just my opinion.

Bacta Beast
05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
I would be interested if they could get them in the $50 to $75 mark. By the way has anyone else heard anything more about their costumes

knightone
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
MR could do a lot of things with the blasters that would make it much cooler than the Hasbro toys. A 3w or 5w LED at the muzzle could make an ultra bright muzzle flash. The scopes could also be illuminated by an LED to give the reticles a super cool look. The magazines could be removeable, the cocking handles (if any) could move, etc. There are a lot of things that can be done with it to make it a very cool item if you use your imaginations.

Jayspawn
05-24-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm not sold on the idea. That basically describes a Hasbro blaster which is more feasable and affordable. If you want -you can actually upgrade a Hasbro blaster yourself to make it look more authentic. Its still light weight and lights up too.

knightone
05-24-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm not sold on the idea. That basically describes a Hasbro blaster which is more feasable and affordable. If you want -you can actually upgrade a Hasbro blaster yourself to make it look more authentic. Its still light weight and lights up too.

The same can be said with lightsabers though. The FX sabers are better scaled, made of metal/better materials, and has improved effects. However, it is still just a suped up toy. A Hasbro saber lights up, hums, has crash sensor operated sounds, etc. So why buy an FX saber when you can buy a Hasbro saber for much, much cheaper? You're just going to end up swinging the FX around like a Hasbro saber anyway. Why? Because you want a better quality toy with cooler features. It just looks cooler and that's it. That's all that separates the MR FX sabers from the Hasbro line, but we prefer them because they look better when we are swinging them around and playing with them.

Look at what they did with the sabers. They made them cool and extremely good looking. Just think what MR can do with a blaster that would make it head and shoulders above the Hasbro units.

Jayspawn
05-24-2005, 08:37 AM
So basically knightone, you want a metal blaster that lights up at the end right? :confused:

megaprime33
05-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I still don't understand the logic on this. A metal, movie accurate, blaster that has sound effects? I just don't understand the point of it when there is already a product out for that that is more affordable. Sure it's not metal, or maybe not exactly movie accurate to a T, but has everything you want.

knightone
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
So basically knightone, you want a metal blaster that lights up at the end right? :confused:

No, not just that. The Hasbro line doesn't have everything I'm wanting. Like I have been trying to say, so much more can be done to them. It's more than just sound effects or a light up muzzle. Read some of my suggestions above. Use your imaginations to envision even more features.