PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's training

Pendo
05-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I've not read any of the spoilers or the novel, so I'm a little behind on the background info for the movie and may be wrong about this. But as far as I understand it from the movie Obi-Wan and Yoda trained to imortality so they could come back as a spirit.

But how could Anakin come back at the end of ROTJ, did he know about the training too?

PENDO!

good shot jansen
05-23-2005, 06:51 AM
that could possibly be explained with anakin's obsession with saving people from death. this theme ran through all three prequels. he may have been studying this force ability in hopes of one day communicating once again with padme.

just an idea :)

JimJamBonds
05-23-2005, 10:28 AM
I do not think Vade knew how to appear in ghost form right away, Obi-Wan says "if you strike me down I'll become more powerfull then you could ever imagine." When Obi gives himself up to the force Vader seems a bit suprised that there is no corpse.

Jim Jam

The Overlord Returns
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I do not think Vade knew how to appear in ghost form right away, Obi-Wan says "if you strike me down I'll become more powerfull then you could ever imagine." When Obi gives himself up to the force Vader seems a bit suprised that there is no corpse.

Jim Jam

I would imagine the death of Obi Wan is the event that leads Vader to study the power of return. It was an obsession of his as Anakin Skywalker, and to see Jedi do it may have rekindled his interest. However, it could also simply be that Being the chosen one, we was destined for immortality regardless.

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 04:25 PM
I would imagine the death of Obi Wan is the event that leads Vader to study the power of return. It was an obsession of his as Anakin Skywalker, and to see Jedi do it may have rekindled his interest. However, it could also simply be that Being the chosen one, we was destined for immortality regardless.

I always saw it as a reward from the Force for ultimately returning to the Light Side of the Force and destroying the Sith.

Droid
05-23-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't think Anakin knew how to appear as a ghost, but Obi-wan and Yoda did. I think they helped Anakin appear as a ghost, for Luke's benefit. As Luke's reward. And so Luke would see it had all turned out OK for his dad in the afterlife. Though he still should be played by Shaw in Return of the Jedi.

sevboot
05-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Droid,
I gotta agree with you on this one. Especially the part about Shaw.
After seeing what George did to him and Han I refused to buy the OT on DVD.
That scene at the end of Jedi just makes no sense at all. And I don't care what George thinks. He had it right the first time.

El Chuxter
05-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Lucas said somewhere in an interview a few years ago that Yoda and Obi-Wan are able to help Anakin become one with the Force when he dies.

2-1B
05-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Agreed, Yoda and Obi-Wan help him appear as a ghost to finish off the fairy tale ending.

I already supported ROTS Ani in the OT and after seeing the new film I say George was absolutely correct in doing so. The only thing they could have done better was to use his proper Jedi outfit but I don't really mind.

Meh !