PDA

View Full Version : Curb Your Enthusiasm

megaprime33
05-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Does anybody know when the 5th season starts? I saw an article that it was renewed for a new season and that it's a summer program, so I assume it's comming soon, but when?

DarthQuack
05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Well with Six Feet Under starting on June 6th, I would assume possibly in the late fall early winter I guess?

megaprime33
05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Hmm I did read any article that it will be coming back in the Summer season, so since Six Feet Under is out in early June I'll assume this show will too.

DarthQuack
05-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Well from my usual HBO viewings they only debut one season at a time, so I think it's after Six Feet Under is underway or after the season is finished.

2-1B
05-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Could happen midway through SFU, they often start up new seasons halfway through other show seasons . . . althought SFU is moving to Mondays for this season, right ? OR is that just the reruns ?

Regardless, I can't wait for the next season of Curb. Great, great show and I watch the DVDs regularly.

megaprime33
05-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Curb is a great show. I was able to catch season 4 on On Demand with my fiancee. SHe loves the show now! I did read somewhere about shows that were coming/returning for the summer and Curb was one of them. Feels like forever since season 4.

DarthQuack
08-23-2005, 10:57 AM
bump

The new season starts September 25th!!! Bring on Larry and his hijinx!

2-1B
08-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Looking forward to the DVD of Season 4 next Tuesday, that gives me a month to do a 4 season marathon as I prep for Season 5. :thumbsup:

I love the new HBO promos, they are awesome.

megaprime33
08-24-2005, 06:25 AM
I was watching entourage the other night and saw a promo for season 5. I can't wait! Comes out the day before my birthday too! YAY! I am going to definitely enjoy this one, yes i am! :yes:

El Chuxter
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Circuit City has Seasons 1-5 for $15 through Wednesday. I took the plunge and bought them all yesterday. They had plenty of copies. A word of warning, though: they initially rang up at $34.99, and I had to show the cashier the ad so she could manually override the price. (It seems archaic nowadays for a store to get info to put stuff on a special display for sale merchandise, but for the computer not to automatically adjust pricing.)

Also, I finally saw the Season 6 finale last night. Genius! That ending is possibly the funniest thing I've seen on TV in a couple of years. I've heard rumors this may be the final season, and, weird as it may sound, I hope it is. As much as I'd love to see more of the show, I can't think of any way they can possibly continue from that finale without severely hurting the show.

SPOILER AHEAD!

I doubt it could continue as it has before, since Loretta is (strange as it might sound) a better match for Larry, and there'd be much less of the weird awkwardness that there was between him and Cheryl. However, if Cheryl is trying to win him back, that could possibly work. Maybe. But even then I wouldn't hold my breath.

In any case, Leon is hilarious. And I never thought I'd actually like Vivica A Fox in a role.

2-1B
11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I'll be bummed if that's the end of it...I want the Larry and Cheryl thing resolved, they've been through too much craziness for it to end ! :cry:

DarthQuack
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought the ending was hilarious....with all of them in bed....joking around, her telling off Jeff's wife was great too.

El Chuxter
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
That was the part I was laughing hardest at. Where Cheryl would always side with Susie, Loretta just comes up and says, "Why the hell you talking to my man like that? Get the **** out of my house!"

And Larry just stands back with this triumphant look on his face!

2-1B
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
I loved the ending for the season, no question lol , it just can't be the end of the series. Larry's bits work so well because they bounce off of Cheryl's reactions. :(

2-1B
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I got home around 2am this morning and I went to bed watching a Curb marathon on HBOComedy...it's still going on now !!! They must be showing the whole series beginning to end (or something similar to that).

Yeah I could slide in the DVDs but this is convenient to have on in the background. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
FYI: Bestbuy.com has all five seasons for 16.99 each. Sales ends tomorrow, I believe. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 02:35 AM
True, but I still think $14.99 at Circuit City earlier in the week was a better deal. :p

DarthQuack
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I've learned my lessons about getting season sets and just waiting for series sets.....might do that for this show....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2009, 06:52 AM
I DVRd the behind the scenes special about Curb and the Seinfeld reunion and I gotta say, i'm even MORE excited about this season! Kicks off sunday night at 9 pm EST! :thumbsup:

Ando
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I am ALWAYS excited when a new season of CYE premieres, but I have a feeling this will be the season people look to when they want to convert the Seinfeld fans that hate Larry/CYE.

I can't WAIT!!!

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm just wondering how they'll address the issue of the Blacks. Any other show, such a major change seemingly doomed to a retcon would tick me off, but Curb is so ridiculous anyway, who cares? I did think the last episode of last season would've been a great series finale, but, if it means more Curb, I can overlook that.

Ando
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm just wondering how they'll address the issue of the Blacks. Any other show, such a major change seemingly doomed to a retcon would tick me off, but Curb is so ridiculous anyway, who cares? I did think the last episode of last season would've been a great series finale, but, if it means more Curb, I can overlook that.

The Blacks are back for this season. Paraphrasing what Leon (JB Smoove) said, last season's choices are this season's consequences and results.

2-1B
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, some great stuff coming up this season between Larry and Loretta, I can't wait !!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I loved the premiere last night!!! The interaction between Larry and the Doc was great and the scene at Jeff's dinner party was great. It was great to see Larry and his interaction with the Blacks too. The discussion about the temp in the house was funny.

I couldn't stop laughing when Larry "fainted" at hearing about the cancer; very funny stuff. I also enjoyed how essentially Larry is probably going to do the Seinfeld reunion as a means of trying to win Cheryl back. Hilarious stuff! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, this was classic. I was laughing so hard at Catherine O'Hara that I was worried I'd not hear something; she deserves an Emmy for playing "Bam Bam" so perfectly. This season's going to be great.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2009, 07:19 AM
This weeks episode was quite possibly one of the funniest episodes in the series, EVER. The last five-six minutes at the music recital were FANTASTIC. When Larry pushed Wendy (Wendy Wheelchair!) in the closet, I couldn't believe it; that last order of events was just great. I was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

2-1B
10-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm liking this season so far, but shame on LD for teasing us with all the Seinfeld stuff. :D
It's the right way to do it, though, by not turning the whole season into the Seinfeld Reuniun.

scruffziller
10-31-2009, 09:17 PM
I had been watching the seasons on Netflix. But I stopped along the way, ahwhile ago. I ve seen eps with Jason Alexander and Julie Dryfuss. Had Jerry and Michael Richards made any appearences besides the reunion show? Or any of the other B/C string chars?

Episode that stands out in my mind..."The Corpse Sniffing Dog":D