PDA

View Full Version : Vintage figure catch-up

JediCole
08-20-2001, 11:52 PM
Yes, we do indeed live in a golden age of Star Wars figure. We are almost yearly far exceeding the yearly output of figures from the entire run of the vintage line. We are close to doubling (if we have not already) the sheer volume of figures in the vintage run. And yet, there is something missing, a lot of something. So many characters that graced the vintage line remain unproduced in the new lines to date. Let us take a moment to remind Hasbro that these characters are still valid in our minds. We want them too!

I'm going from memory so forgive me if anyone slips my mind.

MIA: Imperial Dignitary (now with a real name), Cloud Car Pilot, Lumat, Teebo, Romba, Chief Chirpa, Klaatu (Jabba's Palace), Bespin Security Guard (blacK).

Well, theres a few anyway that have not escaped my fevered brain.

Feel free to fill in the blanks.

evenflow
08-21-2001, 09:16 AM
I think that (hope any way) we will eventually get all the remaing figures.

1. Imperial Dignitary
2. Cloud Car Pilot
3. Chief Chirpa
4. Warok
5. Romba
6. Lumat
7. Teebo
8. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
9. Gen. Madine

Eternal Padawan
08-21-2001, 10:13 AM
Yes please! Hasbro should make ONE wave with General Madine, Imperial Dignitary, Klaatu in Furry Skirt (Woof?), Cloud Car Pilot and a 2nd Ewok 2-pack(Chief Chirpa and Teebo). They would get all the Vintage resculpts out of the way in one fell swoop and we could go on to complain about not having somethng else.

Jargo
08-21-2001, 08:37 PM
You left out PAPLOO! How could you forget about good old Paploo? Also you missed off the Hoth rebel commander. Although the Hoth rebel soldier had a beard too he wasn't a commander.

JediCole
08-21-2001, 09:28 PM
In my fevered brain I could not recall every single Ewok. Though I must admit forgetting the Rebel Commander is almost unforgiveable! Perhaps Major Bren Derlin will take on that role.

bigbarada
08-21-2001, 11:04 PM
Nope, a character with a name cannot replace an anonymous figure from the vintage line. If this were the case then we wouldn't need a new Imp. Commander since we already have Tarkin, Motti and Piett.

I'm actually more interested in figures who have a vintage counterpart (unless they're a Cantina alien). So let's just get all the vintage updates out of the way and then I can die a happy man.:)

buba-fatt
08-21-2001, 11:22 PM
hello im buba-fatt and this is my first time posting here. i just wanted to add that a trash monster of some kind would be nice. maybe a carded beast assortment or deluxe figure type of deal with a decent luke stormy.

Sidiously Darth
08-21-2001, 11:23 PM
1. Imperial Dignitary
2. Cloud Car Pilot
3. Chief Chirpa
4. Warok
5. Romba
6. Lumat
7. Teebo
8. Paploo
9. Gen. Madine

Hasbro could solve this minor problem with one case assortment. You have six ewoks which translates into 3 2-packs.

You get 2 of each figure in the assortment, Hasbro kicks out a butt load to make the collector happy and we all walk away from this issue happy.

"But then again, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - 400lb Gorilla

evenflow
08-22-2001, 09:14 AM
1. Imperial Dignitary
2. Cloud Car Pilot
3. Chief Chirpa
4. Warok
5. Romba
6. Lumat
7. Teebo
8. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
9. Gen. Madine
10. Paploo

Thank You, I knew I was forgetting an Ewok I just could not remember which one, my mind went blank.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2001, 03:18 PM
Sure... why not... we could all use a Dia Noga! How about a Dia Noga with a Death Star playset pack-in???

Now THAT would be a cool pack-in... (snicker snicker snicker).

I'd love to see a slightly re-tooled version of the old Death Star playset with a Dia Noga in it... something maybe a little better than the fluorescent green Jabberjaw with the hosehead.

tip of the hat to Buba-Fatt for rekindling my interest in a complete Death Star playset!!! (to go with my vintage one!)

Sidiously Darth
08-22-2001, 04:31 PM
I still have my dia noga. I even have the rope that hangs over the walkway.

Anyway, a ROJ Jabba would have to be a beast pack or part of a playset. And speaking of Jabba, what a fat *****! Look at his size difference from ANH to ROJ. What did he eat? A whole pig guard squad? I think he should have called Jenny Craig!

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey! We got both Paploo and Teebo! 8 more to go Hasbro...