PDA

View Full Version : Six Feet Under - The Final Season

DarthQuack
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
I was a little disappointed to hear that this would be the last season if this show. I watched seasons 1-3 On Demand and watched the 4th season when it aired last year. I like this show a lot, not too disturbing but very good. Anyone else watch this show? Thanks.

Hellboy
05-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Great series, totally different than anything else on television but all good things must come to an end at some point I suppose. I actually wasn't aware that it was ending it's run until I saw a huge billboard stating that it was the "final season" while vacationing in NYC last week. :cry:

I need to finish watching Season 3 but I'll be recording the 4th season so I can jump straight into it once I finish. :D

DarthQuack
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
*bump

Will be watching it when it comes On Demand since I missed it while I was at work :frus:

Hellboy
06-06-2005, 10:37 PM
No need to wait for that DarthQuack. The first episode will be running at multiple times on several of HBO's channels all week so catching it again before next weeks episode shouldn't be a problem. :)

DarthQuack
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Caught this season premiere today on demand and liked it a lot, a few surprises, but they are expected, esp in a final season. Let me know what you thought.

DarthQuack
06-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Last night's episode was pretty cool. I have a bad feeling this season for Claire, I think Billy might knock her off or something and then kill himself. I'd like to hope that Nate and Brenda can have another kid. Ruth is just almost as nutty as George.

DarthQuack
06-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Another good episode of Six Feet last night, George could possibly become saine again with another shock treatment, and I see Billy start to lose it soon....

2-1B
07-05-2005, 12:48 AM
I hate Claire. What a dirty ho she has turned into. Gross. I hope Billy does knock her off, well just as long as he kills himself afterward because his time on that show is long overstayed in my opinion and I just hate him.

These last few weeks I have watched the show wondering most of the time what they would do if this wasn't the last season ? Thankfully they are ending it now because I'm not into too many of these characters anymore. I always liked Nate but that nonsense with the bird was alarming and while I like the idea of him fighting with Brenda, the way he talked to her was deplorable. I was glad to see them "make up" this week.

I feel for David on this adoption / baby issue but the way he started up with that hairdresser, WTF ? :rolleyes:

I like George's daughter Maggie, she's cool and George himself is a very interesting character. Too bad Ruth is setting him up to get dumped. lol

Rico and Vanessa, I'm not even sure what to say about that . . .

DarthQuack
07-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Yea, sorry I've been away from the boards for a little bit, but this season is insane, Billy it nuts, I feel bad for George, Claire is coming into her own by herself, Ruth is going nuts.....Keith is turning into his father.

2-1B
07-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Last time I posted here I was complaining because the last 2 shows were bothersome, but this past week they sucked me in with another great episode. The whole thing with Sarah's friend was odd / funny and George saying goodbye to Ruth was pretty sad for me. :(

DarthQuack
07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
I guess he's really gone now.....:cry:

DarthQuack
08-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow nights episode with Nate's Funeral...These last 3 episodes will be interesting.

DarthQuack
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Very sad episode tonight, made me feel like I was actually at a funeral :cry:

2-1B
08-08-2005, 03:18 AM
It was pretty good, I enjoyed the last few episodes . . . at first I was bummed about them killing off Nate but I realized it makes for a great bookend since the show started with Big Nate being killed and 5 seasons later it closes out with Little Nate going.

Anybody else get the hope that after David talked about Nate defending him as a kid against bullies, that the spirit of Nate would show up at either the service or burial to kick the **** out of the attacker chasing David in his mind ? :D
I would have loved to see that but it would have likely come across as way too over the top.

I loved Rico's speech and the way they portrayed it - it felt real and awkward in terms of his delivery, almost rushed because he was trying to get it out before crying . . . too often we see really flaky and overdramatic eulogies in film and it's often not realistic.

DarthQuack
08-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Yea, it was really depressing at work, 3 of us watched it and we were all sad the rest of the night.:cry:

2-1B
08-11-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm curious to see how they wrap it up over the next 2 episodes. Claire looks like she's gonna have it out with that co-worker guy. He threw her drink on him according to the previews.

2-1B
08-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Pretty cool finale, a real bummer about Keith's fate :( but it was great to see the future like that.

However, after 5 years of showing us HOW MANY people dying . . . couldn't they show Brenda's mom die ? I don't like her. :D

Well done Alan Ball, way to wrap things up in that final episode ! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
No doubt Caesar, can't believe we were the only ones who watched this. What a great finale, esp showing how everyone died. I had thought earlier in the season that Claire would have gotten wiped out by Billy but she ended up outliving all of them. Well done indeed. Very sad though at the same time.

2-1B
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah but in a weird way, it took the edge off of Nate's death . . . since we get to see them all go. lol

How old was Clare, wasn't she 102 when she passed ? Born in 1983 and died in 2085 or was it . . . . ? 208-something, couldn't recall how old.

I liked how David saw a young Keith playing football right before David died. :)

But WHO was that guy Brenda married, did we ever see that guy before ? I don't think so.

jedi-cpa
08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
This was by far the best series finale I ever watched!!!!

Loved it!

The one with Brenda was no one we knew from the series...

If you go to the official site it has all their obituaries...gives you a little more detail.

I couldn't sleep last night due to how good the finale was.

2-1B
08-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey guys, what was up with Maggie ? She pregnant or . . . ? lol

DarthQuack
08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Yea, that was kinda gross. I really hope not but it was never explained unless my eye missed something.

jedi-cpa
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Great question!!!

I thought that too.

But it isn't addressed in the closing montage.

2-1B
08-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Gross ? What's gross was that dream Brenda had about Billy the week before, THAT was gross. :crazed:

I watched the finale again, I would have liked to see even more deaths (Billy) but I understand that they showed enough as it was, didn't need to overdo it.

So I guess Anthony is gay ? Looked like that was his partner sitting next to him. Durrell went ahead with the funeral director gig that we saw Nate explaining to him, because that was him (I think) with David at Ruth's funeral. I liked how Ted came back to Ruth's funeral and ended up marrying Clare.

And sure enough, Clare lived 1983 - 2085 (but she was technically 101 since the obit at HBO.com said she died a month before her birthday).

2-1B
03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
hey Yuke, anything good as far as DVD bonus features for this final season?

I plan on Netflixing a SFU marathon sometime but I'm wondering if there is anything on the season 5 DVD set (maybe with Alan Ball or something) that closes out the show nicely?

UKWildcat
03-02-2007, 09:39 PM
hey Yuke, anything good as far as DVD bonus features for this final season?

Yes, there is actually. I watched them earlier today after finishing the series finale.

There are two 30-minute retrospectives of the show throughout it's run. Kinda discusses and summarizes the main idea behind the show, plot points and events that happened over the years, with plenty of interviews and input from the actors, producers and directors. They are pretty cool.

Another is Life and Loss: The Impact of Six Feet Under which discusses the impact the show had on the public/audience, HBO, the actors, the funeral business, etc. They talked with real life funeral directors and got their thoughts on the show and discussed how accurate everything was. Also their favorite death sequences from the show's openings which was cool. It was a pretty neat featurette.

Alan Ball is featured throughout.

All of these are on the final disc (disc 5) with the 75-minute series finale.

I'll probably go back and check out the audio commentaries on some of my more favored episodes, especially the finale.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Cool, I might have to get just that final disc for now and watch the docs because they sound good. Then later I will go back and rewatch the entire series marathon style. :grin:

UKWildcat
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
...I will go back and rewatch the entire series marathon style. :grin:

That is the only way to do it. I'm glad I had all of the seasons before I started the show. It would have sucked if I had to wait weeks or months in between episodes. I don't know if I could have taken it. :D

I just did the math and I watched the entire series, Season 1 Pilot - Season 5 Finale, in a mere 24 days. :eek:

2-1B
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Jack Bauer would be proud*

*assumption based on the fact that I have never watched an episode of 24.

UKWildcat
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
lol

24 actually takes place in a day, or a 24 hour timeframe. It's a great show Caesar. You should marathon that one sometime as well. :yes: :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Six Feet Under DVD's are onsale this week at Best Buy, only $19.99 a pop per season......that's a lot better than they've ever been.....Also, From the Earth to the Moon is also onsale.

UKWildcat
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
That is a great price for the individual seasons. It is rare for HBO box sets to drop that low. I wish Deadwood would go on sale for that price. :rolleyes:

scruffziller
11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
This show was okay, but it was rather pretentious and there was conflict forcibly inserted at certain points just to spice it up. The conflict came out of nowhere. One example was when the red haired girl got mad at her friends because she was in the middle of her "f---ing show" and she absolutely had no reason to be mad at them and as they were the ones who got it for her. Soap opera for soap opera's sake.:rolleyes:

DarthQuack
11-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I always had a thing for Brenda....she was such a slut...wish I could have gotten some happy endings from her after the massages she gave. :lipsrsealed:

UKWildcat
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
It should also be noted that Carnivale Seasons 1 & 2 are $19.99 as well. :thumbsup:

link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1387029)

UKWildcat
04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Bump.

SFU Individual season sets are $16.99 at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d/002-5103099-4289650?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=six+feet+under&x=0&y=0). Another outstanding deal, and definitely the cheapest I have ever seen them.

Still waiting for a deal on Deadwood.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey, i'm actually selling my DVD's of this show as I just odn't have the time to watch them. the whole show, 1 open, the rest sealed. Drop me a line if you're interested! :thumbsup: