PDA

View Full Version : New Battlepack: Empire Versus Rebellion

beckmen
05-24-2005, 01:34 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85554B&variation=&

Looks like Vader (A rehash of something I think), Stormtrooper (CommTech?), Chewbacca (Looks like the ROTS version), and Han Solo (this one looks new to me).

Ji'dai
05-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Looks like all re-release figures in that OT set.

Chewie - probably ROTS (looked like the SAGA "Cloud City Capture" '02)
Stormtrooper - commtech
Vader - SAGA "Throne Room Duel" 2003
Luke - SAGA "Throne Room Duel" 2003
Han - SAGA "Endor Raid" 2002

It says one of the Obi-Wan figures comes with snap-on Clone Trooper armor. That's a popular collector request.

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 06:39 AM
It says one of the Obi-Wan figures comes with snap-on Clone Trooper armor. That's a popular collector request.

There are pictures of it floating around. Don't get your hopes up. It looks like cr@p. Picture a basic Obi-Wan figure with oversized pieces of armor that fit over his body parts and don't really connect at all.

Slicker
05-24-2005, 06:41 AM
You would think that if they're gonna make the much wanted Clone Wars Obi-Wan in Clone armor they'd at least make it in the next line (hopefully) of Clone Wars figs. IMO, the realistic Clone Wars figures sucked majorly so I don't see any hope for this one.

As for the Han, to me initionally it looks like yet another repack of the Cantina Han but in a different looking outfit.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 07:50 AM
As for the Han, to me initionally it looks like yet another repack of the Cantina Han but in a different looking outfit.

Ji'dai is right. It is a repack of the SAGA "Endor Raid" 2002, the one with the charges that they used to blow up the bunker.

LTBasker
05-24-2005, 10:56 AM
At least it's good in a way. By that I mean Hasbro is always worrying about getting the main characters from the OT and such out and for the past couple of years they've done that via figure rehash.

Well this way it keeps the rehashes from pegwarming and only shelf-warming for the places that pick these things up. If these come out around holiday time then that would be perfect for new fans while also keeping old fans pleased.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
At least it's good in a way. By that I mean Hasbro is always worrying about getting the main characters from the OT and such out and for the past couple of years they've done that via figure rehash.

Well this way it keeps the rehashes from pegwarming and only shelf-warming for the places that pick these things up. If these come out around holiday time then that would be perfect for new fans while also keeping old fans pleased.

Good thinking, LTB. Does anyone actually know when these things ARE supposed to come out?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2005, 07:14 PM
The Jedi vs. Sith set is the only one that has new figures, according to Hasbro. But even this set isn't all new.

The figures are - Anakin Skywalker (all-new, in battle damaged-clothes from CW Chapter 19, has a slashing attack similar to ROTS figures), Asajj Ventress (all-new paintjob, and likely at least a new skirt; she has no pupils painted in), Obi-Wan Kenobi (all-new, with snap-on clone armor, has a slashing attack like ROTS figures), General Grievous (Sneak Preview), Yoda (from Chian 2-pack).

The other sets feature all old figures, but some kitbashing may have been involved on those Jedi vs. Separatists set (don't quote me on that). IMO they should've switched the names on those sets - neither Asajj nor Grievous are Sith, they're both Separatists; Darth Maul is at least a Sith and Jango is the only Separatist in that set.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
The figures do look a rehash..I hope Hasbro puts some thought into the figures besides a different paint job or outfit. I mean come on. They know that us old time fans are going to have to have all these and they are killing my wallet..............layaway here I come. But do I trust those teenagers handling my SW figures? NO.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:32 AM
What will end up happening will be one new figure in the sets, and those of us who already have the other old figures will have to buy the set to get the one new figure.