PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyer

Jek Porky 2002
05-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Are the star destroyers at the end of ROTS the same ones as we see in the OT?

Is the idea that they will build on to them until they get to the wedgie shape that we recognise? Or are they completely different ships?

I hope you understand what I am getting at!?

CaptainSolo1138
05-24-2005, 10:56 AM
They are the the step before the OT Star Destroyers. There was a really good article about them in the recent Star Wars Insider. It gave a much better description than I did about where they fit in the Star Destroyer evolution.

Jek Porky 2002
05-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Without seeing the said article, I have to say that I don't like seeing them. I'd much rather see the fully formed thing, the same goes for the TIE fighter type things we see too.

I think they've gone a tad to far with the whole, ships that resemble other ships from the OT thing!

Blackened88
05-24-2005, 09:46 PM
It's an evolution, things like ships and such evolve in to better things as time goes on.

Sentinel18725
05-25-2005, 01:30 AM
I think that this was a good step for them. The time frame is a little long, but this gives a sense of finality and brings back little bits of the things that we all fell in love with many years ago. Seeing the evolution of Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Tantive IV, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewbacca, etc. really brings it home that this is the Star Wars we love.