PDA

View Full Version : Question About Count Dooku... (spoilers)

Lman316
05-24-2005, 11:01 AM
So, after I saw the movie, I was looking at the figures I currently own and was deciding how I'd like to display them.
I figured there were a few ways that the Count Dooku figure could be displayed, but I thought the better pose would be him defeated, his hands cut off and at the mercy of Anakin. So, curious about it, I started to pull at the hands and they popped off. It really doesn't take much force at all (I even tried it with the head, and although I didn't take it all the way off, it looks like it wouldn't be that big of a deal), which leads me to ask the question: Is this supposed to do this, or am I just essentially disassembling my figure?

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 05:39 PM
So, after I saw the movie, I was looking at the figures I currently own and was deciding how I'd like to display them.
I figured there were a few ways that the Count Dooku figure could be displayed, but I thought the better pose would be him defeated, his hands cut off and at the mercy of Anakin. So, curious about it, I started to pull at the hands and they popped off. It really doesn't take much force at all (I even tried it with the head, and although I didn't take it all the way off, it looks like it wouldn't be that big of a deal), which leads me to ask the question: Is this supposed to do this, or am I just essentially disassembling my figure?

That is a tough one. If they were wanting them to be just articulated, you would think that they would have put the joint right at the wrist instead of about " up the sleeve. If they were intending on them being removable, they would had both of the ball joints on the hands and both of the sockets on the arms. Also, I popped his head off and it seems to come off pretty easy. Easier than the arms, I think.

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 06:22 PM
As I said in another thread, I really think this is just a big coincidence from the reasons already stated in the post above. But hey, it works well enough though.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 08:21 PM
You should pull his hands off and have Anakin stand next to him (lightsaber in hand) and also break Mace in two pieces and put him there too.

DarthQuack
05-24-2005, 08:24 PM
You should pull his hands off and have Anakin stand next to him (lightsaber in hand) and also break Mace in two pieces and put him there too.

:) Nice idea indeed!

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 08:41 PM
:) Nice idea indeed!

Why thank you!!:):):) I hate to be mean to a Jedi but I never liked Mace's character. Too serious all the time I guess and he did get taken out handedly by Anakin.

beckmen
05-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Break Mace in half? Huh?

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Break Mace in half? Huh?
That's the same thing I am trying to figure out? Why would we break him in half?

BanthaPoodoo
05-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Why thank you!!:)...and he did get taken out handedly by Anakin.

But we didnt actually see him die! So.... he will probably show up somewhere in the EU!!! LOL! lol

JimJamBonds
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
But we didnt actually see him die! So.... he will probably show up somewhere in the EU!!! LOL! lol

I say maybe in the Super Duper Special Edition will see a black man in robes and one hand stepping out of the shadows during the Coruscant scene at the end of ROTJ! :crazed:

Jim Jam

Dark Helmet
05-25-2005, 01:12 PM
That's the same thing I am trying to figure out? Why would we break him in half?

I thought he was cut in half by Anakin's lightsaber but his hand was cut off. Sorry!:dis:

JetsAndHeels
05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Perhaps you were thinking about Darth Maul. lol

Dark Helmet
05-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Perhaps you were thinking about Darth Maul. lol
You would probably be correct but nevertheless, I was glad to see Mace meet such a gruesome death. I didn't care for his character nor his lines.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-26-2005, 01:41 AM
No No No

Mace Lives and goes into hiding....
We see him In ESB running through Bespin Halls with his ice cream maker.

sheesh

plasticfetish
05-26-2005, 02:01 AM
So, curious about it, I started to pull at the hands and they popped off. It really doesn't take much force at all (I even tried it with the head, and although I didn't take it all the way off, it looks like it wouldn't be that big of a deal), which leads me to ask the question: Is this supposed to do this, or am I just essentially disassembling my figure?I put this...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=9953&cat=2064

...pic in the Database a while ago. It was so tempting to photograph a little scene with Dooku, Anakin and Palpatine, but I had to resist. :) Yeah, I'm almost certain that this was an intentional feature.

Dark Helmet
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
No No No

Mace Lives and goes into hiding....
We see him In ESB running through Bespin Halls with his ice cream maker.

sheesh

I hope your kidding because I have to put in ESB and look for Mace!!
:D