PDA

View Full Version : Cut/Deleted Scenes

Jek Porky 2002
05-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Ok then, what was cut?

I don't recall seeing Mon Mothma at any point, I believe she was supposed have been in a scene in Padme's appartment where a group of Senators form the Rebel Alliance, am I right, was this cut and why? It would have made a nice little bridge into the second trilogy!

Yoda on Dagobah: To be honest I'm not too dissappointed it was dropped, I had no great urge to see this!

Anakin killing Shaak Ti at the doors of the temple? Was this supposed to be in it?

I'm sure there are plenty of other scenes that were cut or deleted, any help...?

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok then, what was cut?

I don't recall seeing Mon Mothma at any point, I believe she was supposed have been in a scene in Padme's appartment where a group of Senators form the Rebel Alliance, am I right, was this cut and why? It would have made a nice little bridge into the second trilogy!

Yoda on Dagobah: To be honest I'm not too dissappointed it was dropped, I had no great urge to see this!

Anakin killing Shaak Ti at the doors of the temple? Was this supposed to be in it?

I'm sure there are plenty of other scenes that were cut or deleted, any help...?

There were scenes with Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme, and other senators laying the ground work for the Rebel Alliance, but it was cut from the film because Lucas was trying to streamline the movie by cutting out everything that really didn't have much to do with Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. However, by doing that, he severed the very important connection to the OT which was the birth of the Rebellion.

Regardless, Mon Mothma did appear in the movie. Look for her in the wide aerial shot when Palpatine gets out of the shuttle after being rescued by Anakin and Obi-Wan. She's in the delegation of senators waiting for him. Look for the woman in all white.

I agree with you on the cut Dagobah sequence. Yoda makes it clear that he goes into exile. When you see Dagobah in ESB, it's makes sense that it was his chosen place of exile. No need to see it early.

From the pictures shown in The Making of Revenge of the Sith, Shaak Ti had two different death scenes. Originally, she was executed by Grievous in front of Anakin and Obi-Wan aboard the Invisible Hand. The version that was filmed showed Shaak Ti meditating cross-legged on one of those cozy Jedi cushions with Darth Vader/Anakin standing behind her as if preparing to cut her down.