PDA

View Full Version : Did yoda getting on the escape pod

jedi-cpa
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
feel E.T.-ish to anyone?

When are they going to make that sequel?

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 05:18 PM
feel E.T.-ish to anyone?

When are they going to make that sequel?

That's exactly what I said to my wife. I definitely felt a serious E.T. vibe during that scene. I can't explain why either. The ships look nothing alike. Yoda certainly doesn't look like E.T. There was just something about it...

Rocketboy
05-24-2005, 06:41 PM
I assumed it was another of George's homages.

El Chuxter
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Which sequel? ET 2? There was a book called "Journey to the Green Planet" or something like that. That and the humorously surreal ride at Universal Studios are about all the sequel that we're likely to ever see.

Unless. . . ET's people live in the SW galaxy, as proven by Senator Gredbleips in TPM. (Also ET's chanting "home! home!" when he sees a guy in a Yoda costume.)

ET's race has never been named. (Nor has Gredbleips', for that matter.)

Qui-Gon learned the secret of immortality from the teaching of the Whills.

ET returned from the dead!

ET is a Whill!!!

Therefore, since Star Wars is "From the Journal of the Whills," all the Star Wars movies are sequels to ET: The Extra-Terrestrial!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Which sequel? ET 2? There was a book called "Journey to the Green Planet" or something like that. That and the humorously surreal ride at Universal Studios are about all the sequel that we're likely to ever see.

Unless. . . ET's people live in the SW galaxy, as proven by Senator Gredbleips in TPM. (Also ET's chanting "home! home!" when he sees a guy in a Yoda costume.)

ET's race has never been named. (Nor has Gredbleips', for that matter.)

Qui-Gon learned the secret of immortality from the teaching of the Whills.

ET returned from the dead!

ET is a Whill!!!

Therefore, since Star Wars is "From the Journal of the Whills," all the Star Wars movies are sequels to ET: The Extra-Terrestrial!!

Wow....

And I thought Tycho had some zany theories... :)

(Just kidding, Tycho)

Ji'dai
05-24-2005, 10:14 PM
feel E.T.-ish to anyone?

Yep, I thought the same thing. Yoda's ship seemed a little too cute but I guess he doesn't need a huge chrome starship like a certain spoiled Coruscant princess.

JimJamBonds
05-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I heard that Lucas asked Stephen Spielberg to 'help' with ROTS and he was involved in that very sceen.

Jim Jam

2-1B
05-24-2005, 11:50 PM
You know, that scene DID feel familiar but I couldn't place it . . . ET is what I was thinking of !

Jim Jam, I don't recall what scenes Senor Spielbergo worked on but it is referenced in the Making Of book . . . I will double check.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if GLu did it this way as an homage to the film, I mean if he was tipping his cap to Frankenstein then why not ET ?

JimJamBonds
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
I like the Frankensith reference personally and I'm fine with the escape pod part being like ET......heck I thought it was cool those guys are in the Galactic Senate!

Jim Jam

2-1B
05-25-2005, 12:18 AM
And I guess you could say he nodded at Jaws as well, the way Palps lays out that hook and reels in Anakin right under his gil. lol

CaptainSolo1138
05-25-2005, 10:37 AM
And I guess you could say he nodded at Jaws as well, the way Palps lays out that hook and reels in Anakin right under his gil. lol
Man, that was bad. Even for you. :p

JimJamBonds
05-25-2005, 10:44 AM

What about the Metallica reference when Palp's reveals himself and "Master of Puppets" is playing??? Ohh wait that didn't happen nevermind.

2-1B
05-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Man, that was bad. Even for you. :p

thanks but I can't take credit for that, it was actually my friend Jim Jam Bonds who cast a faux reel and "hooked" himself in pantomime while Palps did that . . . I just sat there and tried not to laugh out loud in the theater.

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 09:58 AM
thanks but I can't take credit for that, it was actually my friend Jim Jam Bonds who cast a faux reel and "hooked" himself in pantomime while Palps did that . . . I just sat there and tried not to laugh out loud in the theater.
Well in that case, JJB #2, that was bad, even for you :D .

JimJamBonds
05-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Thank you CaptainSolo1138, it was something that just came to me. I just love it how Anner's eats up anything Palp's is saying hook line and sinker :D *

* Note: That I will admit is REALLY bad.