PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Figure Accessories

sjd9299
05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I am usually a MOC collector but some of these new figures look too cool to stay all closed up and alone. Upon opening some of the figures, I have found some strange acc. I was wondering if anyone knew for sure what they are. I have my own ideas but is there an official description?

#33 Clone Commander - This is one cool figure with a lot of extras. What is the small string thing and the little handle. I assume its a zip line of some kind. But the length makes it pointless.

#34 Clone Pilot - He comes with a big radar dish, why? Is the missile suposed to fire? What is the black handle thing? It seems to fit in the back of the radar dish and it looks very similar to the Clone Commander's mystery string acc.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 05:49 PM
#34 Clone Pilot - He comes with a big radar dish, why? Is the missile suposed to fire? What is the black handle thing? It seems to fit in the back of the radar dish and it looks very similar to the Clone Commander's mystery string acc.

The only thing that I can answer is the missile question. Yes it is supposed to fire. Push it from behind and when it pops out it will usually shoot pretty good.

beckmen
05-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I am pretty sure the string the CC comes with is a rappelling line and the thingy the Pilot has is the controls for the radar dish. Yes, the missle fires, and pretty far as well. I am unsure what the little thing that the CC comes with is...I think it's an explosive detonater....

JediTricks
05-24-2005, 08:37 PM
The marble-shooting missile on the Pilot's radar dish is surprisingly long-distance considering it's a marble-type system AND the projectile is so incredibly light (usually if they're too light they just flutter in the breeze, as it were).

The zip line with the clone commander is a dog, but it's so much in accord with Hasbro's zip lines lately, they have been doing way too many fat short ziplines, the one with Force Battlers Grievous is just as bad.

I dunno what the pilot's handle thing is, I too put it into the slot but the figure can't hold the handle anymore, and the slot is a leftover from the Saga Padme Pilot's radar accessory, of which this is a remold.

Blackened88
05-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I seen an official picture somewhere that you are supposed to put the handle thing in the slot in the radar cannon.

Veers
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I was wondering myself what those extra accesories with the Clone Commander is.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
I seen an official picture somewhere that you are supposed to put the handle thing in the slot in the radar cannon.

Yeah, it is supposed to be some kind of controller. Why they went with this stupid accessory instead of re-releasing the turret from the original Clone Pilot is beyond me.

Blackened88
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I know I really need the bubble cannons when I eventually get a gunship.

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 03:13 AM
I can't find it, here are the only photos I can find from Hasbro of the Clone Pilot:
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.15847/dn/starwars/default.cfm
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.CFE679C3-D56F-E112-4C2C9FC69A117F02/page.news/dn/default.cfm

VaderhitsJarjar
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
If you look at the inside of the gunship there are spots that may be used for the ball turrets on each side - maybe a future figure or deluxe figure??:confused:

JON9000
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Could use the Saga Clone Pilot

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Not an easy figure to acquire unfortunately, especially since you'd need 2 of them. The turrets are woefully out of scale as well, and those spots were added last-minute since Hasbro hadn't seen them (Lucas added them late in the game).

vulcantouch
05-27-2005, 01:32 PM
jt: "Not an easy figure to acquire"
-au contraire, maybe i can help (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&pp=40)- see you there, j9k? :)