PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird Figures

jlw
05-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Since the Early Bird kits were released with the ROTS figures, I guess its safe to ask this in this forum. Does anyone know if the Early Bird Luke figure has the ball joint knees and head? Also, how does his height compare to other figures? I think the OTC vintage Luke was just a disaster. They sculpted him way too short, and the face is probably the second worste Luke sculpt to date (first being the original "he-man" type Luke)

Ji'dai
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I attached a pic of the Early Bird figure set. It doesn't look like Luke has any knee articulation at all.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Has anyone received their early bird figures yet? I actually found 2 more in a WM and thought about buying another and sending it in but my wallet said nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. How many figures are they going to release from the OT in this series? I have heard 12, 16, and 32 figures. The first 4 won't be available retail hence the throwback to ANH mail in.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Has anyone received their early bird figures yet? I actually found 2 more in a WM and thought about buying another and sending it in but my wallet said nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. How many figures are they going to release from the OT in this series? I have heard 12, 16, and 32 figures. The first 4 won't be available retail hence the throwback to ANH mail in.:)
Supposedly, Hasbro isn't going to re-start the series or remake all the main characters after ROTS is dead and gone. Whether or not that is true remains to be seen. But I don't think that these guys will ever be released on cards, and I don't think that we'll get new OT Hans or Obi-Wans, at least not for a while.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info jabbajohn. I hope they do release the OT figures though, that way we early bird people would have a complete set. I wish Vader was one one of the EB set. That would be sweet!!!!!! I can still wish.HAHA

DarkArtist
05-24-2005, 08:16 PM
It would be cool to see Hasbro to remake all OTC figures from '77. I think they should make them look like the sketches on the back of the Early Bird package. Or this may be the chance to get a version of the Death Squad Commander and the Death Star Droid in the silver variation.

DarthQuack
05-24-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm still unsure as to if I should keep mine in package or mail in the order form. Any suggestions?

Darth Jax
05-24-2005, 08:28 PM
my walmart still has about 2 dozen of them sitting on the shelves. you can mail it in and simply pick up another to keep packaged.

DarthQuack
05-24-2005, 08:31 PM
my walmart still has about 2 dozen of them sitting on the shelves. you can mail it in and simply pick up another to keep packaged.

Well I had to order mine online, if they are being clearanced by you, by all means we could make a deal :)

Darth Jax
05-24-2005, 08:35 PM
i'm waiting for that eventuality myself to pick up more. should it happen i'll be sure to offer extras to any on the boards

sith_killer_99
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
OPEN it man! For the love of...just open it and mail that bad boy in! :D

DarthTengren
05-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Aren't they supposed to shipping soon...are they going to make all the figures that are on the stand or just the four?

P.S. I sent mine off the day after they came out OPEN IT!!!! the cardboard stand is really cool

bobafrett
05-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I opened mine, since it was the only way to get the figures. READ the instructions carefully, because in addition the the original reciept, you have to send in a blood and urine sample. Wait, that was for the Wal-Mart drug test, not the Early bird figures which are a Wal-Mart exclusive.

We still have maybe 20 to 30 of these hanging around. I speculate that we might be marking them down soon, as the space for the Star Wars is getting drastically reduced this next week.

jaxx
05-24-2005, 11:03 PM
We still have maybe 20 to 30 of these hanging around. I speculate that we might be marking them down soon, as the space for the Star Wars is getting drastically reduced this next week.

I can only assume that you're in the Chicagoland are, being a Chicago sports fan :cool: . Which Walmart are you at? I've searched all of the Walmarts around me, and none of them ever carried the Early Bird set. I'm still VERY interested in getting one to send off, but I just can't find it. Please help... I just gotta have one.:evil:

bobafrett
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Jaxx, I work at the Villa Park Wal-Mart on Rte 83. The address is 900 S. Rte 83, Villa Park, Il 60181 (I think the zip is correct) Plug it into mapquest, and get over there ASAP.

Veers
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
They will continue to make the classic figs but right now they are more focused in ROTS figs.

Bacta Beast
05-25-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm still unsure as to if I should keep mine in package or mail in the order form. Any suggestions?

For God sakes!!!! Mail it in!!!! They'll be worthless after December!!

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 08:06 AM
The deadline for mailing them in is November 30th, 2005. I still have yet to open mine and send it in.

darmok
05-25-2005, 01:44 PM
i opened up one of my two sets. i'm about to send in the certificate, when i noticed i had to send in the UPC along as well. that means cutting up the blister packaging. i was hoping i wouldn't have to, so that the set would still look "presentable" in its original packaging, but with a gaping hole in the package, it's gonna suck. i'll still send in for the figures, but didn't it bother many of you?

Dark Helmet
05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
i opened up one of my two sets. i'm about to send in the certificate, when i noticed i had to send in the UPC along as well. that means cutting up the blister packaging. i was hoping i wouldn't have to, so that the set would still look "presentable" in its original packaging, but with a gaping hole in the package, it's gonna suck. i'll still send in for the figures, but didn't it bother many of you?

Yes the gaping hole sucks and I had a difficult time opening the packaging just to get the envelope out. But since I don't plan on opening the figures once they arrive, no I don't mind damaging the blister pack.

evenflow
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Open it up and mail it away. I woul dlove to send another one in, but only if they drop the kits in price.

jaxx
05-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Jaxx, I work at the Villa Park Wal-Mart on Rte 83. The address is 900 S. Rte 83, Villa Park, Il 60181 (I think the zip is correct) Plug it into mapquest, and get over there ASAP.

Very cool! Thanks for the info! :D
So it's right around Oakbrook mall, eh?? I think I'll go this Friday. I have a day off (it's not often that I get one of those). I can't wait to pick one up.

abell748
05-25-2005, 04:09 PM
I hope that they do the other 8 that can fit on this thing. I do not have the vintage early bird kit, but a complete new one would look good next to my vintage action display stand. I do not why not, Hasbro has already pegged most of us as suckers for most of this stuff. I feel like a SW crackhead!

sease9
05-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes the gaping hole sucks and I had a difficult time opening the packaging just to get the envelope out. But since I don't plan on opening the figures once they arrive, no I don't mind damaging the blister pack.

So the figures will come packaged? I been wondering about that.

I actually just opened mine on Monday...I was able to buy my cIII Vader on that same day, during the sale they had for Hyperspace members only (the third time they did it- this Monday it was for members only though), due to the fact that I opened the package and activated the trial menbership that it came with that same day.

I can really say, that opening that pain in the *** blister really came through for me... :D :cool:

bobafrett
05-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Very cool! Thanks for the info! :D
So it's right around Oakbrook mall, eh?? I think I'll go this Friday. I have a day off (it's not often that I get one of those). I can't wait to pick one up.

Yep, just down the street not even a mile from that mall. I have tomorrow off, as I will be attending a Cubs game.

Dark Helmet
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Open it up and mail it away. I woul dlove to send another one in, but only if they drop the kits in price.

I broke down and bought another one to mail in..couldn't help it!!1
The price willdrop to $15.99 next week or some crap with my luck. Oh well.:)

DarthQuack
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Alright

After listening to all you little Kronies, I opened it and am mailing it in tomorrow. HAPPY!!!! lol

DQ

Dark Helmet
05-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Alright

After listening to all you little Kronies, I opened it and am mailing it in tomorrow. HAPPY!!!! lol

DQ

Good for you!!!! You can't get the figures if you don't send it in brother. I do hope they make all 12 figures pictured on the envelope.:D:D:D:D:D

Dark Helmet
05-27-2005, 06:33 AM
So the figures will come packaged? I been wondering about that.

I really hope so. I am not sure 100%. I can't see them sending us loose figures that would REALY SUCK!!! But knowing Hasbro (who has been known to do stupid things) they might. But if they are to make the other 8 figures pictured on the cardboard envelope and sell them retail, they'd have to be packaged.....you'd think!!

abell748
05-27-2005, 07:30 AM
I was under the impression that they came in a case that fit into the holes on the display. I'm not sure where I read it, but I thought I did read that somewhere. If anyone else has any memory of this please help me refresh my memory.

rbaumhauer
05-27-2005, 03:22 PM
I believe they will come in a white plastic tray (just like the original Early Bird set) with pegs that insert into the 12 holes in the display stand (also just like the original).

JEDIpartner
05-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm so excited... :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I mailed mine off a few weeks ago. The thing said they should come sometime between May 31 and December 31, and I really hope that that depends on when you sent it off. That would suck if everyone had to wait until December to get them!!!

Anyway, I love promotions like this. They need to do another Episode I Mace Windu-style mail-away offer again.

DarthQuack
05-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I would have to say I would think that they would come in the white tray just like it did 30 years ago.

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Supposedly, Hasbro isn't going to re-start the series or remake all the main characters after ROTS is dead and gone. Whether or not that is true remains to be seen. But I don't think that these guys will ever be released on cards, and I don't think that we'll get new OT Hans or Obi-Wans, at least not for a while.

So were not gonna see any OT figures, like OT core figures? Am I ever going to get my feckin' DS II Jedi Luke non action feature? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rbaumhauer
05-28-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm sure Hasbro will eventually revisit many of the core characters, including (hopefully) the ROTJ "Final Duel" Luke we'd all like to see. What John was talking about (I think) was that Hasbro isn't planning to continue with new, pseudo-Vintage versions of the rest of the "original 12" to go with the Early Bird set, at least not in the immediate future.

Rick

ROTJLuke
05-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm sure Hasbro will eventually revisit many of the core characters, including (hopefully) the ROTJ "Final Duel" Luke we'd all like to see. What John was talking about (I think) was that Hasbro isn't planning to continue with new, pseudo-Vintage versions of the rest of the "original 12" to go with the Early Bird set, at least not in the immediate future.

Rick

Ahh...had me worried there...I mean, after all, I am ROTJLuke...lol :rolleyes: lol

jaxx
05-31-2005, 11:12 AM
I really hope so. I am not sure 100%. I can't see them sending us loose figures that would REALY SUCK!!! But knowing Hasbro (who has been known to do stupid things) they might. But if they are to make the other 8 figures pictured on the cardboard envelope and sell them retail, they'd have to be packaged.....you'd think!!

I called Hasbro a couple of weeks ago, and the customer service rep said that the figures should be sent out in blister packaging. I hope that she knew what she was talking about! But when reading all of the verbage on the early bird kit, it sounds like the figures would be sent to us in the same fashion as the original figures (it said that the four figures would be packaged with the pegs to put in the display stand).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2005, 01:23 PM

Rick
Yep, that's what I meant.

Scackmgack
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Here in Boston we never got the chance to own Early Bird sets...because the fire marshals didn't allow Wal-Marts to set up tents.

ROTJLuke
05-31-2005, 03:25 PM
thats some bull...they could have set um up outside...

Lazer Brain
06-01-2005, 10:19 AM
my local wal mart marked them down today to $20. how low will they go? or should i get them before there all picked up.
later

Scackmgack
06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
That was precisely the fire marshals' point, I guess - the tents had to be set up outside and that made them a fire hazard.

Of course, it rained that day, to add insult to injury...

I'd like to get two of these Early Bird sets, one to mail in and one to keep pristine, but I'm having trouble justifying the $30. There are lots of exclusives I have passed on over the years...

evenflow
06-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I would pick up another one to mailaway for 20.00. You figure at 5.00 a figure thats not bad.

darmok
11-16-2005, 10:18 PM
bumping this thread because i have a question: i'm about to mail away for this walmart early bird set (finally), but here's the thing: i have two sets and only one receipt, since i ordered them via the website. do i simply throw both sets of certificates/UPCs with the one receipt into ONE envelope, or do i need to mail one per envelope? if the latter, then how do i provide "original" receipt for the second envelope? i want to make sure i'm doing this right (with no chance of Hasbro returning them to me unfulfilled because of any screwups on my end). please advise. thanks!

bobafrett
11-16-2005, 11:57 PM
bumping this thread because i have a question: i'm about to mail away for this walmart early bird set (finally), but here's the thing: i have two sets and only one receipt, since i ordered them via the website. do i simply throw both sets of certificates/UPCs with the one receipt into ONE envelope, or do i need to mail one per envelope? if the latter, then how do i provide "original" receipt for the second envelope? i want to make sure i'm doing this right (with no chance of Hasbro returning them to me unfulfilled because of any screwups on my end). please advise. thanks!

I thought I saw a phone # for hasbros customer service line in this thread, but I can't find it, so it might be in another thread. I would call them to get the not-so-definite answer.