PDA

View Full Version : Let hasbro know that #56 should'nt be the last of the sith.

The Whills
05-25-2005, 05:24 AM
I like the whole idea of the early bird figures and all, but I think while ROTS is hot, we should get more figures from that right now. I mean, we all have countless OT versions of every character, I think we can wait a little longer on more. I mean I like the early birds but that luke with telescoping saber isn't even as cool as the one from POTF with the blastshield helmet. On to my point. Is #56 going to be the last time hasbro visits ROTS? I think that would be a shame. What are your thoughts? Would you like more ROTS and clone wars stuff? Or would you be happier moving back to the OT as far as figures go? I think we should let hasbro know that we want more ROTS. And a new re-done death star playset, as an exclusive of course.:classic:

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 08:16 AM
I like the whole idea of the early bird figures and all, but I think while ROTS is hot, we should get more figures from that right now. I mean, we all have countless OT versions of every character, I think we can wait a little longer on more. I mean I like the early birds but that luke with telescoping saber isn't even as cool as the one from POTF with the blastshield helmet. On to my point. Is #56 going to be the last time hasbro visits ROTS? I think that would be a shame. What are your thoughts? Would you like more ROTS and clone wars stuff? Or would you be happier moving back to the OT as far as figures go? I think we should let hasbro know that we want more ROTS. And a new re-done death star playset, as an exclusive of course.:classic:

I don't think that Hasbro will be dropping the ROTS line any time soon. They will at least continue the line until after Christmas, due to the DVD and the holiday. I figure that we will get several more figures this year past #56.

DarkArtist
05-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Not even that Hasbro will continue the figures past christmas but we have yet to see variations of the main characters, still need a decent Mace Windu, holograms of the Jedi as well as Sidiuos, various Padme's, the younglings. Plus don't forget, this is all about the money, more product equals more money. However I do think that after #56 there will most likely be a Card Change and OTC, ROTS, TPM, AOTC will all be one the same card. Plus this is a way for the collectors to hunt down the last of the figures to appear on the current cards, while we curse them out for taking all the good figures while we wait for them to be rereleased on the new card

sith_killer_99
05-25-2005, 11:55 AM
#56 will be the last for the ROTS line. That is to say, as DarkArtist said, there will be a card change, hence a new name for the Star Wars line. The ROTS line is in keeping with the standard number of figures we usually see with any line, give or take.

There will be lots of figures from the ROTS film, but they will most likely be incorporated into a new SW line, i.e. Power of the Sith, Power of the Darkside, Jedi v.s. Sith or whatever. :crazed: We will also, most likely, see new art work, though I hope they go back to the OTC/POCT style cards. Everyone seems to love the black background with silver bars. I know I do! :D

At CIII I tried to get more info, but all I was able to find out was that 56 was the final number of figures on these cards and that there will in fact be a card change, but the rep I talked too didn't know what the new cards would look like.

Anakins_Shadow
05-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Obviously they will release more product, but like the gents said it will be on different cards. I can see Hasbro going into two modes. Have all teh old fil stuff continue on OTC Cards and newer prequel versions and figs will go on a POTC card.

The question is if we will get prequel figs ina VOTC style, that is the REAL question to be asking, as it would be utterly awsome if it happened.

LTBasker
05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
At CIII I tried to get more info, but all I was able to find out was that 56 was the final number of figures on these cards

That's great to hear, hopefully they'll be returning to classic squared card & bubble designs. I've had more than enough with the current packages. Whoever came up with the design should be forced to actually open one while having to keep it in somewhat good condition. :p

Jmacq
05-26-2005, 11:01 AM
#56 will be the last for the ROTS line. That is to say, as DarkArtist said, there will be a card change, hence a new name for the Star Wars line. The ROTS line is in keeping with the standard number of figures we usually see with any line, give or take.

There will be lots of figures from the ROTS film, but they will most likely be incorporated into a new SW line, i.e. Power of the Sith, Power of the Darkside, Jedi v.s. Sith or whatever. :crazed: We will also, most likely, see new art work, though I hope they go back to the OTC/POCT style cards. Everyone seems to love the black background with silver bars. I know I do! :D

At CIII I tried to get more info, but all I was able to find out was that 56 was the final number of figures on these cards and that there will in fact be a card change, but the rep I talked too didn't know what the new cards would look like.

Really? That's kind of odd, because in the panel that the Hasbro Reps did at CIII, they clearly stated that (with the exception of store exclusives) they would only be putting out RotS merchandise for the rest of the year. They didn't mention card changes or anything of that sort, so maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Personally, I'm fairly sure that they'll keep the RotS cards until early next year, and around springtime we'll probably see a new card and a 'unified' action figure line. But as I recall, the Hasbro guys said there -would- be more than 56 figures. In fact, I was the one that specifically asked the question at the panel, because none of their 'coming soon' previews showed any new 'basic' figures.

inkedforlife
05-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I also talked to a couple Hasbro reps while at the C-3 event. One of them mentioned that they were thinking about some types of mail in figures as well as tie-ins to figure hunting for Exclusives. He mentioned that they may try to reward those of us that find a specific block of exclusive figures at a time. Sounds like a way to seel more figures though.
He also said that Hasbro has also renewed their contract with Lucas for another seven years till 2012. That sounds like a whole lot of figures are going to be popping up all the way to the time my kids are old enough to shop for them themselves.

Veers
05-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I think they probably stop the line and issue new card designs like in the past.

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I think they probably stop the line and issue new card designs like in the past.

Agreed :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
05-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Really? That's kind of odd, because in the panel that the Hasbro Reps did at CIII, they clearly stated that (with the exception of store exclusives) they would only be putting out RotS merchandise for the rest of the year.

Very good, you certainly don't miss a trick. Perhaps I can clarify somewhat. The Rep said that the ROTS line was all that was planned for "basic" figures for 2005. After that (2006....perhaps late, late 2005) they will change the line, and the card design, however, they have no info on what will replace the current line. She also told me that the 56 figures is all they plan on releaseing for ROTS. Further evidence of this is their new "one of every figure" club, which clearly states that there will be 56 and only 56 basic figures for the ROTS line (not including variations). However, the lucky few who will get to join the "one of evey figure" club for ROTS (limited to just 1,000) will get all 56 figure plus the "chase" (Hasbro's definition not mine) Red Royal Guard and 3 "Army Builder" figures, which could include Clones, Wookies, Warriors, etc. A total of 60 figures (56 + 1 Red Guard + 3 Army Builders = 60).

They didn't mention card changes or anything of that sort, so maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Personally, I'm fairly sure that they'll keep the RotS cards until early next year, and around springtime we'll probably see a new card and a 'unified' action figure line. But as I recall, the Hasbro guys said there -would- be more than 56 figures. In fact, I was the one that specifically asked the question at the panel, because none of their 'coming soon' previews showed any new 'basic' figures.

Perhaps they were refering to the Deluxe figures, perhaps they were wrong, maybe it's a "point of view" thing. All I know is that every indication I have seen says there will only be 56 figures in the basic ROTS packaging. I don't see how Hasbro could do a "one of every figure" club and put in writting that there will be 56 figures in the line then crank out a few extras.

SSG has a pic of the offer posted here:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11249&cat=3093

I hope that clears it all up.

ROTJLuke
05-28-2005, 09:43 AM
I think 56 is a good number, and then make more in the "unified line"...

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Unless they start doing multiple versions of the same characters over and over again, I really don't think there's much more that can be made from Revenge of the Sith. Mostly, there are very minor, "blink and miss them" background characters, core characters in different outfits, and Clonetrooper variations left to produce.

I would rather see these 56 followed by a unified line as well. I would be curious to see how well Hasbro revisits old figures or creates new figures with their improved designs (e.g. - effectively integrated action features).

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I for one am glad that 2005 will only see Ep3 figures. It means I can take a break from collecting modern stuff for the rest of the year and focus on the vintage Kenner line.

Woo-hoo!! No more late night runs to Wal-Mart looking for the latest releases.:D

Hasbro must know by now that the only way to keep the line profitable after December 25th of this year will be to focus primarily on collector friendly versions of OT characters. Hopefully we will see a return to the VOTC line in 2006.

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 06:06 AM
I, for one, don't think that they will stop @ #56 this year. Seriously, stop and think about it. I just picked up 45-47 @ WM. That leaves only 9 more figures that I need and we aren't even half-way through 2005. Some online stores already have 48-50, but I refuse to mention their names because of the outrageous price they are charging. So that leaves only 6 to go. We will probably have the last 6 figures before the end of summer. What about November when the DVD comes out, and Christmas. By then, most kids will have most of the figures. What are they gonna spend their money on if there is no Star Wars figures to buy?