PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Season 6 (merged)

megaprime33
05-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Based on this (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/24/leisure.sopranos.reut/index.html) article on CNN.com the new season isn't going to hit until Spring of 2006. Now I knew that it wasn't coming until 2006 but I had heard before that it was going to be early in the year. More time to wait.

Since we're on the subject, and to celebrate season 5 coming soon on dvd, what do you think about the past season and what do think will happen in season 6? I've only seen a few eps of season 5 so I can't really comment but since season 6 will be the last, someone big has to get "whacked". I think it's going to be Paulie and Syl. I dont know why, just a guess.

Hellboy
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
IIRC Season 6 has always been slated for a March 06' release. Only ten episodes though instead of the usual thirteen. :dis: It still seems so far away that I haven't really given it much thought. 10 months is a long time but I'm sure I'll bust out the box sets when Season 5 comes out. Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in. :D

I'll refrain from commenting on Season 5 since you haven't watched the entire season yet megaprime. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you. Let me just say this, the s@!* hits the fan by season's end. :speech:

It is interesting though that most of HBO's successful original series are coming to an end if they haven't already. I never got into Sex and the City but it had a nice run and the final season of Six Feet Under is about to start, which I'm excited for even though I still need to finish watching the rest of last season on DVD. It will be sad to see the Sopranos end but as long as HBO comes up with great new shows like Deadwood to replace it I'll be happy, but the Sopranos will always remain a treasured favorite. :classic:

2-1B
05-26-2005, 01:02 AM
And here I was expecting a January release but that 10 episode total seems to be set in stone. Although, I read in EW not long ago that they might have been trying to negotiate for a 7th, who knows ?

Season 5 was fantastic (come on, Robert Loggia ! ! ! ) so at least we've got those DVDs coming out next month.

I don't care who gets whacked as long as its not Silvio !

Paulie does have it coming. :crazed: Chrissy Boy, too. ;) Well, okay, Silvio DOES deserve it as well but I just love him too much to let him leave the show. Same with Bobby.

megaprime33
05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
I'll refrain from commenting on Season 5 since you haven't watched the entire season yet megaprime. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you. Let me just say this, the s@!* hits the fan by season's end. :speech:

Actually I did, unfortunately, catch the end of the season(last couple of episodes)so I kinda know what happens, but I'm just missing a few episodes in the middle. I have all 4 seasons on dvd, so I have to get season 5, regardless if I've seen them all or not. I can't wait for both the dvd set and the new season, but 10 months, yeesh.

SirSteve
05-27-2005, 01:57 PM
This Saturday Night --Exclusive Season Six Preview!

Is the wait for new episodes of The Sopranos driving you crazy? Then you won't want to miss HBO's behind-the-scenes look at the making of season six! Tune in this Saturday, May 28 and Sunday May 29th just before the premiere of HBO Films' Empire Falls part 1 and 2 at 9PM-and get the inside story on what's going on with your favorite New Jersey crime family.

Plus: Visit HBO.com (http://hbomstro.hbo.com/trk/click?ref=zp08svlgk_0-3b6x36aex1212177) next week for even more exclusive preview video!

2-1B
05-28-2005, 04:14 AM
I saw that preview on HBO a few hours ago, Steve - looks fantastic !

Hellboy
06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Might be time to grab another plate of *$%*^ Ziti. :D

While listening to Howard Stern today the subject of The Sopranos came up during the news and apparently David Chase has stated that he has written enough stories that a six or seven episode 7th and final season could follow the ten episode 6th season. I haven't been able to find any news to back this claim up so I'd still consider it a rumor but a cool rumor none the less so I figured it was worth sharing anyway.

DarthQuack
06-06-2005, 10:28 PM
That would be sweet Hellboy, but of course I'm skeptical as to if it can really happen. :(

Hellboy
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, just because Chase has written the stories doesn't mean the cast will be up for another season. One can hope though. :)

2-1B
06-07-2005, 01:44 AM
And here I went and forgot to watch the preview on Saturday. Maybe they'll replay it.

Somewhat related, there's a new set of Sopranos trading cards coming out later this month !

scruffziller
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Season 5 has only has 10 eps!!!!:eek: :(

I am renting them on Netflix so haven't seen them yet.
I had heard a rumor that the series finale will be a movie.
But that is cool that they might make a 7th season.:)

megaprime33
06-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm still waiting for Season 5 to ship. I got an email from overstock saying that it shipped last week but it didn't officially come out until today. So I have no idea what's up. I assume it's gonna ship today.

Anyways, I can't wait until season 6 comes. I need new episodes. Why it takes them so freakin long to do a season I will never know.

Hellboy
06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Season 5 has only has 10 eps!!!!:eek: :(

No Season 5 was a full 13 episodes Scruff. The upcoming Season 6 will be 10 episodes and if there is a 7th Season it will be 6 or 7 episodes long. :)

scruffziller
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
No Season 5 was a full 13 episodes Scruff. The upcoming Season 6 will be 10 episodes and if there is a 7th Season it will be 6 or 7 episodes long. :)

Oh my bad.

Devo
06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I need new episodes. Why it takes them so freakin long to do a season I will never know.

Well as long as they are of the usual quality. As far as I'm concerned there hasn't been a dud season of Sopranos yet (as there is with virtually every other Tv show) - maybe thats due to the amount of time they allow themselves to think about the whole thing.

Hellboy
06-21-2005, 07:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned there hasn't been a dud season of Sopranos yet

I agree, but I found many people who were very disappointed in the 4th season. I will admit Season 4 was probably the weakest of the 5 but I still found it enjoyable myself. Then again I like these characters so much that I could probably watch them do just about anything.

2-1B
06-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm with Hellboy, Season 4 took some flack but I found it fantastic.

Everything with Carmine, Johnny Sac, and Ralphie (before and after getting whacked lol ) was top notch. The whole subplot with the horse, fantastic.

"You did it. You cooked that ****ing horse. She was a beautiful creature!" :mad:

lol

Good stuff.

Hellboy
06-22-2005, 04:02 PM
"You did it. You cooked that ****ing horse. She was a beautiful creature!" :mad:

Ha Ha . . yeah that was indeed a great subplot. Much like the ducks in the pool during the first season we see Tony's strange sense of selective compassion surface. :classic:

I can't remember whether it took place during the 4th or 5th season but I loved the scene where Tony discovers that Paulie kept his horse painting and had it hanging over his fireplace like a piece of fine art. lol lol Priceless.

I still need to buy Season 5 but when I do and once I finish watching Carnivale, another GREAT HBO series BTW (you were right about this one Caesar,) I'm planning on watching all 5 seasons in a row. A huge undertaking but something I'm looking forward to especially considering the lack of good television during the summer months. :D

Devo
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm planning on watching all 5 seasons in a row. A huge undertaking but something I'm looking forward to especially considering the lack of good television during the summer months. :D

My brother is doing that at the moment, working his way through season one and he means to watch it all through to season 5 which he bought the other day.

I loved how the Tony/Carmella marriage breakdown was played in season 4 actually. The acting is second-to-none. A line that I loved from Tony was in response to Carmella saying something like "and you wanna know something else Tony?" - he says "don't pretend like I have a choice!" Thats the thing about Sopranos there isn't one bad actor/actress on it, everyone is completley convincing.

Sidenote - Another moment I love is in season 1 I think when Christopher has to dig up someone he whacked to bury him elsewhere. They find the body and the guy helping Chris says 'is that him?' to which Chris replies with "well it'd be some f***in' coincidence if it wasn't". Classic

2-1B
06-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Cool Hellboy, glad you are enjoying Carnivale. :)

I've done the Sopranos marathon sessions before, it's not hard for me since the show is so addicting. During the week I can easily do 4 or 5 episodes per night and if there's a Sunday (during the NFL offseason ;) ) involved, I can do 8 or 10, no problem.

I've also done that with Deadwood, The Wire, and Carnivale.

Even at a current total of 5 seasons, I could easily watch all of The Sopranos in well under a month. Good stuff.

megaprime33
06-23-2005, 06:51 AM
I did the same thing (sopranos marathon) last year. I didn't have cable so I couldn't watch the show, so I decided to buy all of the seasons that were currently out and spent like 3 weeks watching them all. It was great! I just finished watching all of season 5. And now that I do have HBO I'm looking forward to season 6

Hellboy
06-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Totally off topic but since I brought the show up earlier and because this show doesn't have (and probably never will) its own thread I figured I'd post this here.

Old news but new to me. I was devasted to learn today that Carnivale has been canceled after only two seasons. :cry: Words can't express my total disappointment in HBO for not at the very least giving the fans of this show a satisfying conclusion. Even a shortened season would have been better than just giving the shown the axe in this fashion.

I have to admit I'm confused as to why HBO would do this to a show that hasn't run it's full course. I mean its not like they're a network station that depends on advertisers dollars, they're a pay service so why are they so concerned about ratings? :mad: Its not like people are going to say "man that Carnivale show sucks, nowhere near as good as The Sopranos, I'm dropping my subsciption." :rolleyes:

Sorry just had to vent somewhere. :dis:

2-1B
06-25-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm bummed too. As it ends now, well, it's a conclusion in a way, I guess. :D Not a happy one, that's for sure.

People are going nuts over the cancellation of the show, sending tarot cards to HBO and cancelling subscriptions. It's pretty depressing to lose this show. Why they couldn't give it one more season, well, that's a shame. :(

JimJamBonds
11-13-2005, 10:57 PM
I just read this that it seems Fergie will be on The Sopranos...

The London Daily Mirror claims Fergie has been tapped for the forthcoming season of "The Sopranos (http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=27173)," playing a Bada Bing stripper who catches Tony's eye. "Fergie has a personal trainer and she has been putting in the extra hours in the gym," a source tells the paper. "She wants to be the hottest stripper Bada Bing's ever seen."

2-1B
11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh ! That should be a real treat, then. :)

Ji'dai
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Fergie?! She might need a boob job to compete with the Bada Bing girls.

I'd rather see Posh Spice do a pole dance.

scruffziller
11-14-2005, 04:01 PM
EWWWWWWW Fergie!!!!:love: :yes: :lipsrseal :crazed: hope she will be a regular.
But since I don't have HBO gotta wait till DVD release.:cry:

Ji'dai
11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
EWWWWWWW Fergie!!!!:love: :yes: :lipsrseal :crazed: hope she will be a regular. That statement seems a bit incongruous :D So you do like her... or not? ;)

Maybe it's gonna be the Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. She'd fit in the show nicely and be a nice fit at that.

Nothing wrong about waiting for the DVD release, you can watch the entire story arc in a marathon session.

JimJamBonds
11-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe it's gonna be the Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. She'd fit in the show nicely and be a nice fit at that.

Yup its Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas.

scruffziller
11-15-2005, 10:15 AM
EWWWWWWW Fergie!!!!:love: :yes: :lipsrseal :crazed: hope she will be a regular.
But since I don't have HBO gotta wait till DVD release.:cry:

okay........

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fergie!!!!:love: :yes: :lipsrseal :crazed: hope she will be a regular.

since the ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looks like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ewwwwwwwwwwww is the only proper text representation for the pronounciation. But can be misintrepted for disgust.

2-1B
11-15-2005, 12:07 PM

So, uh, who else did you think it would be ? :confused:

the Dutchess of York ? :crazed:

JimJamBonds
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM

the Dutchess of York ? :crazed:

Robert Ferguson of the Green Bay Packers? :D

Ji'dai
11-15-2005, 06:01 PM

the Dutchess of York ? :crazed: That's exactly who I thought it was when JJB's post mentioned The London Mirror as the source and "Fergie" as the guest star. Plus her having to train for the role seemed to fit with Sarah Fergurson. BEP's Fergie is a buff muffin already :love:

2-1B
11-16-2005, 12:25 AM
That's exactly who I thought it was when JJB's post mentioned The London Mirror as the source and "Fergie" as the guest star. Plus her having to train for the role seemed to fit with Sarah Fergurson.

I dunno, Weight Watchers seems to have been working well for her. :)

BEP's Fergie is a buff muffin already :love:

This is true. :love:

Ji'dai
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
According to an article posted on IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/news) yesterday, the Soprano's sixth season will be the show's last. We'll get 12 episodes for this upcoming season beginning in March, and then 8 more to wrap up the series. No feature film is planned.

The sixth series of mafia family drama The Sopranos will be the last according to the show's creator David Chase. Chase remained elusive about how the story would unfold, but confirmed there would be eight bonus episodes for fans to look forward to after the final season is over. He says, "There will be these 12 (forthcoming episodes) and then another eight, and that will be the end." Rumors of The Sopranos appearing in a feature length film were knocked by Chase, producer of Northern Exposure and The Rockford Files, who claimed any ideas for the movie have already been used up. He says, "We haven't talked about it in a long time... It's hard to see how it would work. I think what we're going to be doing the next year and a half would have been that movie." Award-winning lead actor James Gandolfini insists his days of playing dominating father figure Tony Soprano are over. He says, "I'm too tired to be a tough guy or any of that stuff anymore. We pretty much used all that up in this show." Series six begins in the US in March.

DarthQuack
01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
It's about time this show finally came back....It's been gone too long.

2-1B
03-12-2006, 02:15 PM
If you know of any spoilers, please don't post them without fair warning as I'm just looking for speculation right now.

I'm assuming this is overhyped but I am definitely curious because for tonight's Season 6 premiere, EW said that the last 3 minutes involve "a Sopranos shocker for the ages" (or something to that effect) :confused:

I don't know if that means someone popular is getting whacked and I'm curious to find out. Less than 6 hours til airtime ! :laugh:

I just don't want them to get too trigger happy if they are killing someone off, like Tony for example, what if they knock him off or something ? :eek:
I doubt they would because he's the star of the show and I would be mad because he is the glue that holds the different storylines together for everyone. And they better not do anything to Silvio or Bobby.

What could it be though? The suspense is killing me. :crazed:

AJ looks pretty crusty in the promo shots I've seen...my uninformed prediction is that AJ is going to kill someone and start getting mobbed up. Like father like son. lol

Predictions anyone? :)

Hellboy
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
AJ looks pretty crusty in the promo shots I've seen...my uninformed prediction is that AJ is going to kill someone and start getting mobbed up. Like father like son. lol

Predictions anyone? :)

I think thats a pretty good guess Caesar. If I had to guess it would be something along those lines as well. Personally I think AJ is in for a rough season and wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't make it out alive. :dead:

I'm extremely excited for the premiere tonight. :D

2-1B
03-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm extremely excited for the premiere tonight. :D

Me too. :crazed:

I'm watching the half hour promo right now for Big Love just to pass the time until the big premiere....I can't wait.

Personally I don't need the big bang of a death or anything, I mean many of my favorite episodes are ones with absolutely no violence. What I love about the show is the characters and the HUMOR, I find it to be a very funny show, so I don't like it when things get too rocky. I look back on the big name characters who have been killed off and in their own ways, I miss them. Mikey P. (okay, he's not a big name but he was great in season 1 lol ), Big *****, Jackie Junior, Richie (yes, even though I hated him :D ), Ralph (ditto :D ), Tony Uncle Al ( ;) ), Carmine, and Adrianna. :cry:

Any word on who got bumped up to starring level ? :confused:
My money's on Frank Vincent making the title credits. I thought the same going into last season with Robert Loggia but I was wrong on that one.
I was delighted for season 4 (I think?) to see Vincent Curatola named in the title credits because Johnny Sack is one of my favorite characters on the show. :) The way season 5 ended and from what I've seen in the teasers, he'll be in jail awaiting trial so most of his scenes might be from there. I think I would prefer it if he was out and in charge but I'll give it a chance, of course. :)

Enjoy Hellboy . . . 23 minutes to go ! :razz:

Hellboy
03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Any word on who got bumped up to starring level ? :confused:
My money's on Frank Vincent making the title credits. :

I agree, Phil Leotardo should play a much bigger role now that Johnny Sack is in prison.

5 minutes till showtime!! :razz:

2-1B
03-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Definitely overhyped. :D

They've shown enough in the teaser footage (Julianna Margulies for example) to show us that this is not permanent, so I don't know who they're trying to keep in suspense with such a cliffhanger. :confused:

Good call on Frank Vincent making the opening credits, and also I saw that the guy who plays Vito got bumped up as well. But Toni Kalem? :confused: That was a surprise to see her listed, I guess she's got a pretty big storyline set up. Nice to see Angie Bonpensiero back in the mix. :D

El Chuxter
03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, I didn't see it coming a mile away. Not necessarily what happened, but whodunnit.

2-1B
03-12-2006, 09:21 PM
-Spoilers in case anyone didn't watch yet-

The setup was all there. The cell phone dying, the irony of "you can only trust family", the red herring of Pontecorvo's wife telling him to use a bullet on T. (great subplot, by the way, but I'm surprised they wrapped up his storyline so quickly in one episode. Awesome, though. :))

That crazy old man. :D 5 seasons later and he almost has Mikey P's plan fulfilled. :crazed:

The episode itself was fantastic, I don't mean to be unclear when I made that overhyped comment, because the episode itself was FANTASTIC. :)

I can't wait til next week. Only 19 more episodes to go. :(

SirSteve
03-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Very good episode! No damn preview for next week! That WACKED! ;)

So maybe Tony has to stay in the hospital and someone else has to be acting boss until he recoups... Acting bosses for both Jersey and NY... hmm.........

El Chuxter
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Which could explain why I've been hearing only four new episodes this year, and the rest of the season in 2007. The guy's gonna have to recuperate from something like that.

SirSteve
03-13-2006, 09:23 AM
4? There will be 12 then another 8 in January.

El Chuxter
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Okay, I must've heard wrong or forgotten the details.

And now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's entirely in "real time," since Christopher recovered from a similar gunshot in just a few weeks.

2-1B
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Sometimes the episodes pick up a day or two after the previous episode and other times it seems like it's been a few months.

El Chuxter
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Man, oh man, oh man. I finished on Saturday morning an off-and-on two month marathon, courtesy of On-Demand HBO, of the entire series. Sweet Jiminy Cricket, this show is almost as good as Deadwood! There's only been one "eh" episode ("The Test Dream" from Season 5), and the rest has been superb.

(And, no, I'd never watched ths show before.)

I especially love that nothing is sacred. F'rinstance, I just about crapped myself when Sil killed Adriana last season. You don't see that sort of thing coming, until the minute he pulls off into the pine barrens.

I think Sil should survive any coming bloodbath, though, since he is a cool musician. I'd hate to think what Bruce would do without him. :)

This probably should be merged with the other Sopranos thread, methinks.

Hellboy
03-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Great episode overall but the subplot with Eugene did seem to wrap up rather quickly. There has to be more to that blood smear on the map of NY/NJ in Eugene's car. That and Tony being shot almost made it feel as if we (the viewer) were watching these events without seeing everything that happens in between or maybe in some sort of reversed chronological order. That could explain the absence of a preview for next week's episode. Or maybe its a dream and Tony actually had a heart attack since we see him several times fighting indigestion.

Anyone else notice the amount of milk in this episode? First we see Janet breast feeding, then Eugene spilling milk when he opens his inheritence package and Bobby drinking some Nestle Quick while fiddling with his trains. Strange. :Ponder:

How much you wanna bet Adriana is buried under the new house. :dead:

2-1B
03-13-2006, 11:52 PM
WHAT ? The Test Dream was awesome ! :D Tony on that horse in the living room and Carmine talking about "the man upstairs", too funny. lol

Chux, I am slightly opposite from you on this one, as I would describe Deadwood as being almost as good as The Sopranos. Deadwood is the only HBO drama that has come close to The Sopranos, IMO. :) There have been other worthy entries like Six Feet Under and Rome but these 2 are the kings for me. :)

And thank God for Deadwood, because I'm sure that when the Season 6 finale of The Sopranos airs, it will be followed by the Season 3 premiere of Deadwood. I'll need Deadwood to get me over the post-Sopranos blues. :crazed:

Yeah, I forgot about this thread's existence or else I wouldn't have started the "shocker" thread. :(

2-1B
03-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Interesting theories, Hellboy. :)

I was just thinking that Tony's indigestion was another red herring, same as Vito talking about T's weight and his health. The fact that they showed Corrado run back upstairs and ditch the gun under the bed makes me think it's real.

I liked Eugene, I thought they started to set him up nicely last season with how his behavior spooked Finn at the jobsite. Speaking of which, the fact that they showed recap footage of Vito and his secret should mean that it will be addressed this season, and I'm assuming it means his secret will be exposed to somebody, probably somebody who shouldn't find out. :D

The next 11 shows are sure to please, I expect. :)

El Chuxter
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
"The Test Dream" would've been awesome, were the actual dream portion of it about a tenth as long.

I think HBO ought to air a one-time special: Deadwood vs the Sopranos. Tony vs Al would be the nastiest knock-down, drag-out of all time.

El Chuxter
03-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I really hope the Vito thing comes to light. I expected a bit more "hitting the fan," if you know what I mean, last season. One of the reasons Tony killed Ralph was his fetishes, but Ralph was also a humongazoid douche who killed his horse, so it'll be interesting to see how the Vito thing turns out.

2-1B
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
The breaking point in the Ralph debacle was the sausage comment. lol

and the horse, of course.

Hellboy
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah it will definitely be interesting to see what happens with Vito. I thought the scene with him at Satriale's had one of the best lines from the episode.

Vito: "I tell you, one of the best things about droppin' the weight? All new wardrobe. I keep it up I'm gonna need Clothing Anonymous."

Ray Curto: "You shoulda called your sponsor before you bought that suit."

lol lol

2-1B
03-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Agreed, and I'm glad Ray got a good line before he kicked it. lol

I'm delighted at the way the Ray Curto storyline wrapped up...I was wondering how long that would drag on and I'm glad it ended. Rusty talking about how men like Ray are a dying breed was pretty funny. lol

Hellboy
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
So I did an episode search on my TiVo to see if it gave any indication as to what the next episode would be about and found the description to be very interesting to say the least.

This is what it says:

"Join the Club" -Tony suffers from a case of mistaken identity during a business trip.

So are we to assume that Tony has not only recovered from his wound but would be up for a business trip so soon after being shot. :Ponder:

2-1B
03-15-2006, 10:51 PM
I read on the HBO boards where someone gave the idea that the first episode is actually later in the series and we are now going to flashback...it could mean that toward the end we will move back to the present time and find out if Tony lives through this.

Personally I don't like the idea. I don't mind flashbacks like Tony B's hit on Billy Leotardo but entire episodes? I don't like it.

As for this week's episode, I believe the business trip takes place out on the West Coast.

I really hope that this week picks up in the future, after Tony's recovery. Really, if these next episodes take place before the season premiere, well then there is no intrigue as to who will leave through what ordeals because we've seen everybody in the first episode already.

:confused:

2-1B
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
SPOILER, as this comes from a reviewer who saw the first 4 episodes:

http://www.dailynews.com/entertainment/ci_3590467

According to that article, it sounds like Tony and the West Coast / mistaken identity thing is a dream sequence of sorts, maybe he's in a coma ?
Regardless, I'm just glad that the episodes aren't being shown in reverse or whatever. :D

Hellboy
03-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm just glad that the episodes aren't being shown in reverse or whatever. :D

I didn't want to read any spoilers so I'll take your word for it. Its good to know though because I wasn't thrilled with the idea of them being played out of order either.

2-1B
03-19-2006, 09:01 PM
So Chux, if you didn't like The Test Dream, how should I expect you to feel about this one ? :crazed:

I loved it tonight, great episode, plus I loved Paulie's use of the moniker "Van Helsing." lol

So who's Paulie gonna kill next week? At least he'll use a gun and not a pillow like when he killed that old woman for her money.

And thankfully we can put to bed all those rumors about the show being shown in reverse or something. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
03-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Anyone else notice that Tony spoke without any Jersey accent tonight? I'm sure y'all caught that his kids were much younger in his coma dream, and he seemed to be a legit salesman, not a mobster pretending to be a salesman?

I rather enjoyed this one. My problem with "The Test Dream" was that it was a continuous dream sequence. This was nicely broken up between the two worlds. I was worried toward the end of the episode that the dream wouldn't resolve itself before Tony awoke, but it ended with Tony still in the coma and likely to be dreaming for a few episodes to come.

From next week, I'm most looking forward to seeing Vito and Finn finally meeting up again. Vito in the car at the parking lot was one of last season's biggest shockers and, though you understand perfectly why Finn is scared ****less and avoids him at the game, seeing Vito standing at the stadium, holding tickets and dressed for a game, makes you wonder if he really had a bullet in the head in mind for Finn. I kinda felt bad for him.

Based upon the teaser, I'm thinking this season is going to show Tony's crew tearing itself apart in a power struggle while he's in a coma, dealing with weird dreams and slowly coming to the realization that his biological family is more important to him than his gang. Of course, I suspect that as soon as he realizes this, he'll be killed for real or tossed in the slammer for life.

2-1B
03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
You felt bad for Vito ? :confused:

Not me, and even if I did I would feel less bad for him after tonight's "homo" comments. Not to mention farting on the couch. :crazed:

The kids and wife on the phone sounded like a whole different family. The answering machine message was the best. :D

"Kevin Finnerty" . . . brilliant. :)

El Chuxter
03-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I didn't say I felt bad for him still. But for a brief moment when he's standing outside the stadium with the two tickets, he almost seems like he's been stood up.

I laughed my arse off at the homo comment, knowing what really lies behind that.

2-1B
03-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I didn't say I felt bad for him still.

I know. :D

Did you feel bad 2 seasons prior when poor little Vito had to trudge out in the cold to whack Jackie Junior ? :crazed:

Seriously though, I couldn't feel bad for him with the intimidating way that he surprised Finn coming out of the restroom.

And for the record, his name isn't Finn, it's "Shaggy" lol (Paulie)

Hellboy
03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
The kids and wife on the phone sounded like a whole different family.

Yeah I noticed that too, his wife sounded like Gloria Trillo not Carmella and that definitely wasn't Meadow's voice either.

Vito lifting a cheek and farting on the couch as he stuffed his face was priceless. lol

2-1B
03-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Another classic episode with all the behind the scenes posturing and two faced-ness. Paulie's look of sadness in that elevator after giving Mel her taste was priceless. lol

That was Lorraine Bracco's wife playing Vito's wife.

Hellboy
03-28-2006, 01:35 AM
That was Lorraine Bracco's wife playing Vito's wife.

Really?? Interesting, I wasn't aware she was a lesbian. :sur:

This was my favorite episode so far this season. Its been a while since we've seen Bobby take such an interest in the business side of things and I enjoyed seeing his aggressive stance with Vito. Speaking of Vito how creepy was the look in his eyes when he grabbed Finn's hand. :kiss: lol

2-1B
03-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Not as creepy as Paulie's comparison that he made to his wrinkly arm flab. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
03-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I watched the east coast feed at 6, so I got to see Chris's cameo on Family Guy.

"Thanks for helping me out with this, Mr Montahoweveryouspellit."

2-1B
03-31-2006, 12:54 AM
This was my favorite episode so far this season.

Mine too. :) I loved it. My favorite scenes would have to be Sil in the bathroom trying to run things lol and especially Chrissy trying to get back into the movie business. That whole segment was fantastic. The "Ghostbusters" capper was the perfect touch. :D

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 11:14 PM
So they finally offed Vito. I was kinda sad to see him go but at the same time I thought they drug that that whole story line out a little too long. Not sure if I liked the whole Carmella in Paris thing. I was glad to see Tony bust AJs arse although it was rough of him to say that he "hated" him to Melfi. This episode was alright to me. I thought the Paris thing was kinda boring but everything else kinda made up for it. One more ep. :(

2-1B
05-22-2006, 11:59 PM
As much as I hate Vito (ESPECIALLY after he popped that civilian last week :( ), I was really looking forward to his death. :grin: But then it happened and I kind of felt bad, too. Not because he got killed, but because of WHY he got killed. Good show though, that shot of Phil coming out of the closet was creepy.

Now as for that Dom guy getting his in return, THAT was awesome. lol Silvio is great. :D

The France stuff was indeed a bit of a snooze but hey, it gave Tony the chance for a little R&R with that dancer. :crazed:

El Chuxter
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I loved the way that Phil wanted Vito dead for his kids' sake, and then they had the scene of them reading the story in the newspaper. He was trying to protect them, but thanks to the "anonymous relative" (any chance that wasn't Phil?), they now know the secret.

One more episode this year. Anyone else expecting all hell to break loose between New York and Jersey again?

And is anyone else surprised that no one's got vengeance on the kids that screwed up Bobby's eye?

jjreason
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Chux - good news! The Sopranos usually have 13 episodes per season (PLEASE tell me this season is no different.....).

I think the fit is going to hit the shan NY/NJ, and I think Tony is going to strongly consider getting out of the game. Too much crap going on around the house with Carm and AJ (my God, what a TOOL he is), and with Maedo heading out west I can see Tony considering chasing her out there.

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Y'know, I haven't been counting, and I'm too lazy to look. I do know next week is a recap of the last three episodes, and then the week after is the last new episode till 2007, with that weird "partial seasons" stuff they're doing.

2-1B
05-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Sorry guys, they cut them down to 12 episodes this year just like the other HBO shows. :(

jjreason
05-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh SNAP! :cry:

El Chuxter
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
So. . .

Uh. . .

Did anyone else find this finale to be decidedly anticlimactic?

2-1B
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
No, because it's not a finale. If it was, the HBO Voice would have said so at the beginning. :p (no seriously, they didn't say it but they did for Big Love). They're milking it for all they can, disguising the fact that they are skimping on a 7th season and instead selling it as an even longer 6th season. Oooooooh. lollollol

Well, I loved it and finale or not, it was just what I expected tonight. I even mentioned to a friend earlier today that with The Sopranos it's usually the second-to-last episode of the season that has more pop to it. Tonight's was a solid episode, I loved it. It could almost work as a series finale, to be honest with you. I know that won't be a popular sentiment but I'm nervous about how they're going to end it, to be honest. Meadow is off in California, hopefully it'll be happily ever after for her with her non-mafia Joe Perry lookalike fiance. AJ has started down a road of responsibility on a few different levels (honest job, lack of violent approach to those hoodlums outside Blanca's place, Blanca herself, and even lil Hector). Tony is still Tony, not a totally changed man but his session with Melfi was pretty decent. He had that scene with Phil in the hospital and that could serve as a sign of relative peace with NY for the years to come. Carmella has given up on Ade and submitted to her own selfish interests, she might as well since she's obviously never going to leave Tony. Junior has been reduced to a cameo role of comedy but on a serious note he is senile and will just wither away for years until he dies. Paulie, Sil, and the others, while I love the characters in terms of quality performance, well they don't really have much of an arc to follow through as far as I'm concerned. Who does that leave...oh yeah...Christopher. :D There's some work to finish up there, for sure. :crazed: What will happen with his drug habit? We've seen him off and on the wagon how many times already, so maybe he'll always be like that. Thing is, I don't want him to be relegated to the role of a Paulie or Sil, so I'd like to see some more on Chris' life over these next 8 episodes. :)

Am I missing anyone else ? Janice will always be annoying so meh to her, I don't care what happens with her. I'm not interested. Bobby should always remain the soft mobster, his scene with Junior could have been a nice capper as far as I'm concerned.

Feel free to have your way with my opinions here Chux (and anyone else :) ) but for the most part I think the show could have ended here. Of course I want it to last another 10 years but it won't, so whatever. I don't want them to get too goofy with final episodes and I don't want them to get too abrupt, either. I thought Six Feet Under NAILED IT with their finale from last year but I don't want anything that extreme for The Sopranos since I relate to the show so much different.

WHO, may I ask, was that underling working for Phil, the one breaking Tony's balls at the hospital? :confused: Man do I ever hate that guy. :D

Anybody else think Little Carmine is a totally underrated character? :grin: Talk about comic relief. :crazed: The way he misuses words is PRICELESS, like tonight when he said 'expired' instead of 'transpired.' lol

I'm watching the HBO West replay right now, I might have more thoughts later. ;)
Agent Harris just warned Tony about the rumblings in NY about popping one of Tony's guys. I really liked that scene. :)

JimJamBonds
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Well, I loved it and finale or not, it was just what I expected tonight. I even mentioned to a friend earlier today that with The Sopranos it's usually the second-to-last episode of the season that has more pop to it.

Just like Letterman's Top 10.

jjreason
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
I really liked it too - but my heart was pounding the whole time. I was expecting Chrissy to buy it.... and they faked me out with all the dope and then him and Juliana splitting up to go in separate vehicles. I was SURE he wasn't going to make it.

I would agree that they could certainly leave the series here.... season 6 to me was the best season since season 3. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Critics keep saying this whole season sucked, especially the last episode.

Funny, I expected more to happen, but "suck" is the opposite of the word I'd use for the season.

jjreason
06-17-2006, 07:14 PM
So you'd use "blow" then? I still think it was pretty good!

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 09:43 PM
No, I thought the entire season was rather good overall. The ending was a bit anticlimactic, but mainly because I expected a typical season finale, and not a calm before the storm.

2-1B
06-18-2006, 12:30 AM
but doesn't it seem almost traditional that the second to last episode of a season is the most "exciting" ? (in terms of killings, since that's what everybody cares about :rolleyes: ) you know, like Big P**** and Vito's deaths ? :confused:

just to be clear, I don't mean you Chux because I know you appreciate this show on a higher level than that - I just mean in general that whenever I hear complaints about the show it's because it's "boring" as in "not enough whackings" :rolleyes: Yeah, I enjoy the violent nature of the show to a point but I sure as hell don't invest my time in the series for that purpose. It's about the great characters for me and many of my favorite episodes have no violence at all, let alone killings. ;) Heck, I definitely watch this show more for the comedy than I do the mafia violence. lol lol lol

jjreason
06-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I like the swearing!

Oh, and Chux - I knew what you meant, I was needling you about the wording of your post. It was an awesome season, and I don't care which critics say otherwise. They can tell Paulie.

El Chuxter
06-18-2006, 01:27 AM
I just watched Heat again (my fourth or fifth viewing, despite the massive length, and Mrs Chuxter's first). Sopranos really reminds me of Heat in the sense that people love both but complain about the lack of action. But that's not the point of either. Character development is the key. You could go a whole season of Sopranos without a single wacking, and it would be no less excellent.

jjreason
06-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I couldn't agree more. Jodi likes the characters (esp Ade - or the carcass formerly known as Ade :) ), but refuses to watch any more because of the graphic nature of the violence. They actually LOST a viewer becuase of what millions tune in to see.

I don't care for the violence either - I can take it or leave it. The only truly violent parts I've "enjoyed", have involved Paulie - and it's his comments (and mussed up hair) that make those scenes priceless, not the gore.

UKWildcat
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Well it looks like we are going to have to wait a little longer than anticipated for the final episodes of The Sopranos. Gandofini had "unexpected" knee surgery which will delay the show until March.

Here is the story on Yahoo (http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060713/115283400000.html).

2-1B
07-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Interesting...I don't mind waiting. :)

I saw the HBO behind the scenes footage of that new video game coming out, it looks interesting. lol

UKWildcat
07-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Video game? What? Where? link?

2-1B
07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
No link, sorry, but they were showing Vincent Pastore, James Gandolfini, Joseph Ganascoli, Robert Iler, etc recording voiceover work for the game...and it's got a new character, an illegitimate son of Big P>>>y. Reminded me of Godfather 3. :D

Seriously though, they're doing a game and the more respect you earn, the less your odds of getting whacked, I guess. :)

I guess you'll actually have to watch the HBO network instead of Tivo-ing everything. :crazed: (I've seen it twice for sure, maybe thrice? :) )

Ji'dai
07-16-2006, 10:27 AM
I've seen the trailer for the Sopranos video game too. Playing poker with the Deadwood gang looks more enjoyable though.

They should've just wrote Gandolfini's bad knee into the script and lay this series to rest in the Pine Barrens as soon as possible.

UKWildcat
07-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I guess you'll actually have to watch the HBO network instead of Tivo-ing everything. :crazed:
Not gonna happen!!! :p lol

I still haven't been able to find the trailer but I'll keep looking. In the mean time, here's a screen cap that I found on Gamespot of the video game. That looks exactly like Paulie. :crazed: The others aren't as accurate but they look alright and at least we can distinguish who's who.

El Chuxter
07-16-2006, 01:48 PM
This game may do what no SW game made me do yet (even Battlefront): buy another system.

Does that mean I won't buy Battlefront for the new system? Hell no.

2-1B
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Chux did you ever get this game ?

El Chuxter
07-19-2007, 09:49 PM
No, I heard it sucked. I did get a PS2 for Christmas, though. :mabs:

UKWildcat
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
wow. I completely forgot about this game. lol

JimJamBonds
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I saw that preview on HBO a few hours ago, Steve - looks fantastic !And Is it? [season VI]

2-1B
02-19-2011, 09:54 PM
yes, it was fantastic...should've been titled season 7 instead of season 6 part 2 but yes it was.