PDA

View Full Version : Stupid people and their exploding "lightsabers"...

JEDIpartner
05-25-2005, 09:18 AM
DId you hear about the two teens in the UK who made homemade lightsabers using petrol-filled fluorescent lightbulbs? No?

You can read about it here (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13354964,00.html).

I really shouldn't laugh since these two were gravely injured but come on! gasoline and electricity do not mix. Ever! The two boys are about as stupid as the dipwad who suggested that ROTS would lead people away from traditional religion and to a manufactured sort of new age religion.

Yes, Virginia, the world is filled with idiots. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
They are LOST!

Talk about not thinking straight. Damn kids these days. :crazed:

CaptainSolo1138
05-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Good thread, JP. I read this article yesterday on CNN.com and I first shook my head in disgust at the stupidity of some people and then I laughed at the stupidity of some people. As for the severity of the situation: no brain, no pain. :D

LusiferSam
05-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I heard about this yesterday, but hadn't read the full. Gas filled fluorescent light lightsaber? Real brain trust we've got here. JP is right, we shouldn't laugh at them as both were severally burned, but having been a 95 lb weakly in high school I believe in kicking people with they're down.

JetsAndHeels
05-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Actually this was not an accident. The two were doing their own rendition of the Mustafar duel, but only one of them was supposed to play the role of crispy Anakin. :D

InsaneJediGirl
05-25-2005, 11:06 PM
I feel sorry for them,and I didnt laugh.Honestly though,how stupid can two people be?What do you think was going to happen,thats just crazy.