PDA

View Full Version : Differences Btwn Digital and Film Versions

Imperial Monarche
05-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know what the differences are between the digital and film versions?

stillakid
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know what the differences are between the digital and film versions?

Film is a photochemical process. Digital uses a series of ones and zeros. :D

No, really, I'm going to see the digital version tonight on the Anniversary of the film that started it all! :)

megaprime33
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
From what I understand the digital version is suppose to have a scene with yoda landing on Dagohbah. From what I heard however from those who have seen the digital edit it does not have that scene.

Pendo
05-25-2005, 01:51 PM
I think its probably just filled with a few minor tweeks and nothing that is too noticable. The most important difference between the two is the crisp, clear picture and superior sound :D

PENDO!

Imperial Monarche
05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Lucas said that the digital is longer. That can't mean just minor tweaks in graphics. I'm thinking maybe a few more scenes with Greivous or something that they needed more time to finish.

El Chuxter
05-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Any chance they cleaned up the Clonetrooper heads any? Those were pretty bad.

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 03:40 AM
I saw the non-digital today and there were a few different small things, including lines that weren't in the digital, but I can't remember any specifics right now.

Jek Porky 2002
05-26-2005, 04:25 AM
They are usually just tiny little modifications,

ie: In Attack Of The Clones they added sparks to Jango's back pack as he was about to be killed by Mace in the arena, and I think they changed Padme's line when the clone trooper asks her if she's ok from "yes" to "aha".

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Oh, one thing I remembered was that in the digital, almost every time they showed Yoda talking, his tongue was up at his teeth almost sticking out of his mouth, yet in the film version it's not noticeable. And of course, digital projection has non-anti-aliased pixelization issues around some elements which film projection did not, but I'm sure you meant actual stuff about the movie, not the projection process.

stillakid
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
I saw it digitally at the Arclight last night at 8:30. Any of you there? :sur: I was the one laughing my arse off (again) at Padme dying of a broken heart and at the FrankenVader "Nooooooooooo!" :D

No differences popped out at me, so I'm assuming that there is nothing major. I suppose some uberdork who's seen it 10 + times already will have a list up within a week describing the changes.