PDA

View Full Version : OT Micro Vehicles.... with no stands?

Lord Manhammer
05-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone - SSG n00B here asking a n00B question. I bought some of the Micro Vehicles tonight and they're great, except they have no stands. :confused: There are holes in the bottom of the ships, but..... no stands means my little Imperial Shuttle is a bit less regal-looking than I would like it to be.

Anyone know where I can hook myself up with some stands for these guys? This is kind of a bummer b/c it just doesn't make sense to me why Hasbro would do that... thanks!

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Wow, I didn't even check for the stand on my B-wing/Falcon set, totally forgot about that. The reason the holes are there is because the original uses of these molds when they were created by Galoob Toys about a decade ago came with stands, the X-ray Fleet vehicles - originally these were clear vehicles with painted interiors, later Galoob released the painted versions like those Hasbro just re-released in a boxed set, and also Galoob used the molds to create the tools for the Die Cast line. These vehicles use a standard stand size, so any X-ray Fleet, Die Cast, Hasbro Titaniums, Action Fleet Series Alpha (smaller-vehicle side only), and a few of the Action Fleet Battle Packs have stands that will work with these Hasbro Micro Vehicles.

Lord Manhammer
05-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Oh....... I remember those X-Ray vehicles. So I guess that means if I cracked them open, I'd find seats and stuff inside them. :D That's good to know, thanks.

Still though, it would have been nice to have stands for them. That's a bit of an oversight IMO.

good shot jansen
05-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Oh....... I remember those X-Ray vehicles. So I guess that means if I cracked them open, I'd find seats and stuff inside them. :D That's good to know, thanks.

Still though, it would have been nice to have stands for them. That's a bit of an oversight IMO.

i never even thought about that, i'm going to have to open up one of my painted plastics, and see if indeed the x-ray components are inside. great observation LM :) . afterall, if i didn't give a second thought to pryin' open all my af falcons just to verify if JKF's sig was there, cracking in half a painted plastic one should be a cakewalk.

stands? those lamebrains didn't even include stands? aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh :frus:

SWAFMAN
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
stands? those lamebrains didn't even include stands? aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh :frus:

yeah, but they passed the savings along to their workers in shanghai - now they're paid twelve cents a week instead of eleven :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Hmm, taking them apart, that's an interesting idea. The glue may be more of a challenge than on Action Fleets though, so I think it'd be more risky, and the interiors were relatively simple (though the Sandcrawler I remember having more going on).