PDA

View Full Version : How many different Clone Troopers are there? What's your favorite?

Exhaust Port
05-25-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm a little slow for the big ROTS movie and only saw it this evening. I feel like such a lame SW fan. ;)

One thing that really jumped out at me is the number of different clone troopers that ROTS has in it. It seems like there were at least 3 unique generations of Clone Trooper armor visible not to mention the different versions of each for pilots, soldiers, scouts, etc. Personally I really liked that there were so many different versions used as it gave a real sense of time passage as well as an impression of significant technology advances.

My 2 favorite Clone Troopers from ROTS were the Jungle Troopers from the Wookie battle and the newest generation Troopers (those that look the closest to the OT Stormtroopers).

On the Jungle Troopers I really liked the camo on the armor as well as the green reflective eye lenses. The Biker Scout version was a nice touch as well and looked good in the green. They really fit into the look of the battle. Too bad the Empire got real stupid and opted to send bright white Stormtroopers to Endor.

I think the newest generation troopers were cool because they looked the closest to the OT Stormtroopers. The paint job their armor had really set them off though. Those that were looking for Yoda in the Senate Arena looked really awesome with the Red/White paint job. They also had the reflective lenses which I think really improved their look.

The worst Troopers had to be the new Pilot Troopers seen in the space battle. They had an armor similar to the OT Tie Fighter Pilots albeit white and yellow but they had an open face plate. Ugh. I really wish they would have stuck with a traditional Trooper helmet rather than opted to go with an open face version. These looked like the ugly A-Wing or B-Wing helmets.

Blackened88
05-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I really like the Camo Scout Troopers, they looked so cool. I also like the 501st (Death Squad), they were also pretty cool.

jjreason
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Man, there were boatloads. Talk about a toy goldmine......

Variations that I can recall:

The legion with the blue points on their helmets that go with Ani to the Temple (possibly the 501st mentioned above?).

The camo ones on Kashyyyk, of course.

Cody's group on Utapau with the orange highlights - that bit where the one trooper runs up on the back of the crab droid and puts it down point blank is amazing!

The group on Felucia that look like ARC troopers (that put Aayla down).

The group that puts Ki Adi down with the boss that resembles a Snowtrooper.

But there were many more. I do recall noticing a trooper with the red "Cobra" insig on his chest like the Target Trooper, but can't remember where (Coruscant, perhaps?).

This could turn really, really ugly if they keep pumping out versions of figure #41 to fit all these different markings - I'll be in the poor house...... :)

JON9000
05-26-2005, 01:36 PM
On the Jungle Troopers I really liked the camo on the armor as well as the green reflective eye lenses. The Biker Scout version was a nice touch as well and looked good in the green. They really fit into the look of the battle. Too bad the Empire got real stupid and opted to send bright white Stormtroopers to Endor.

Couldn't have said it better- love the camo, but makes you scratch your head at ROTJ.

hango fett
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
my fav. is the clone commanders, the red one, if they are actually in the movie. that or cody. he was cool.
HF

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
I like the blue fellas that help whack the Jedis.

Exhaust Port
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
If someone doesn't have one out online already, I really want to see pictures of all the different troopers. As a few of you mentioned there were plenty of different versions that we seen in each Jedi hunt-down scene that I forgot about. The snow/clone troopers looked good as well.

El Chuxter
05-26-2005, 05:44 PM
There are 4,897,226,512. My favorite is Pedro.

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 07:46 AM
There are 4,897,226,512. My favorite is Pedro.
Nope, sorry. There are 4,897,226,513. You obviously forgot about Lt. Humberto. DUH!!!
:p

Exhaust Port
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
I thought Lt. Humberto quit?

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I thought Lt. Humberto quit?
No sir! That was just a ruse he used while undercover investigating illegal Ewok pit fighting on Ord Mantell. Once the ring was successfully broken up, he "returned" to the Grand Army of the Republic, retaining his rank.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Lt. Humberto notwithstanding, here's the ones I saw today:

*Plain white (Coruscant - space battle, ride on the gunship, meeting with Tarfful)
*Odd Ball - Pilot figure
*Odd Ball's troops - same as Odd Ball
*Plain white with antenna (Coruscant - meeting with Tarfful)
*Commander Cody - yellow-orange markings, jetpack, different helmet
*Cody's Utapau troops - yellow-orange markings
*Cody's troop specialty (or something) - weird helmet (gestures for a medic on Utapau)
*Commander Gree - regular armor with camoflague color
*Gree's Kashyyyk pilots - similar to Biker Scout with camo (tries to kill Yoda with Gree)
*Anakin's Coruscant troops - normal helmets with blue-accented armor
*Commander Bacara - similar to a snowtrooper (on Mygeeto with Ki-Adi-Mundi)
*Bacara's Mygeeto troops - similar to Bacara, with slight differences
*Commander Bly - the Clone Commander figure, but in yellow
*Bly's Felucia troops - similar to Bly, without the visor
*Commander Neyo - has red circle markings, like the Target figure but with a different helmet (shoots down Stass Allie)
*Neyo's Saleucami troops - has the same helmet and armor as Neyo
*Cato Neimodia pilot - similar but with blue markings on helmet (kills Plo Koon)
*Coruscant shock troops - regular armor with red accents (search for Yoda, finds Anakin on Mustafar)

There are probably more, but that's all I remember.

Battle Droid
05-28-2005, 10:15 PM
My favorite is the Mygeeto Ash Trooper.