PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Temple Playset

DarkArtist
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Just a thought but how cool would it be to have one of these. it could have a hanger bay for the jedi starfighters, a level for the council room, and a walkway to display the dead jedi younglings, it could also feature a training room like the one scene in AOTC. Also needed would be a grand entrance way to recreate the storming of the temple. This would be a multi-level playset and the best part the figures.......
Perhaps we could get an exclusive Nick Gillard Jedi Master, some younglings, and maybe even some generic jedi, not the ones from the clones wars line just some basic jedi. :)
Since we only have recieved a few playsets from hasbro since the line was introduced this would be a great way for them to tie in a few key toys already produced. :)
i know this will get moved to the dear hasbro section, but i thought since this is a major feature in ROTS perhaps it should be posted here. :)

DarkArtist
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Also it could have a library feature with a jocusta nu figure. hasbro can either package it together or seperate pieces that stack together to create one giant temple set. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I'd love to see a playset of the Jedi Temple, but preferably in small sections.
*Library with Jocasta Nu - Doesn't need to be too big, just a computer section, row of blue "books", and Count Dooku's bust.
*Jedi training room with 2 human younglings - It should have the little map-reader ball thing from AOTC. It would be really cool if there could be a thing where a light could shine through to recreate the stars, somewhat. I think it should come with the little kid who talked to Anakin in ROTS.
*Stairs with five clones - just a big bunch of dumb stairs but with some kick-*** blue clones. They should be able to connect with multiple sets of stairs to recreate the whole thing and get a whole buttload of clones.
*Hallway with Cin Drallig - This hallway could be from AOTC when Obi-Wan, Mace, and Yoda talk, also when Yoda and Obi-Wan examine the dead Jedi bodies. And if you don't know who Cin Drallig is, just add a K to the beginning and reverse it. ;) :D And yes that's his real name.
*Jedi Council entryway with Darth Vader - For some reason, the tards at Hasbro forgot to make this as part of the Council. You should be able to take out one of the current sets and put this one in there. Also, we don't really have a good hood-up Anakin who has yellow and red eyes.

jedi master sal
05-26-2005, 04:23 PM
It would be nice to see a Jedi temple playset, but alas, Hasbro seems to think that playsets will not sell well for the Star Wars line.

If we did get the temple, I'd rather it be modular pieces. That is to say that instead of one BIG piece, we would buy several smaller ones that could be connected any way we saw fit.

It would add to the playability as well as the versatility of the overall product.

So stating that then going on the suggestions above we would have small sets of theses scenes that could be put together to make much bigger ones (with a pack-in fig following the playset):
-hanger bay for the jedi starfighters (Pack-in Hangar Technician as seen in ROTS)if not a hangar bay then at least a landing pad platform for teh Jedi Starfighter to land on that would still connect to the main set
-council room (Pack-in Either Obi or Anakin with Council Chair)
-walkway (Pack-in Cin Drallig Jedi Master (Nick Gillard))
-training room like the one scene in AOTC (Pack-in "Liam" jedi youngling)
-grand entrance way to recreate the storming of the temple (Pack-in Either Anakin or Blue Clone trooper)
-library feature (Pack-in Jocusta Nu)
-the grand hall=this set would be the center peice for the rest of them and be bigger. Each smaller set would connect to it on any of it's sides OR if you didn't want to get this set, the smaller sets would still connect to each other.

That's SEVEN playsets!

You can see what I mean about modular in the quick but crude graphics I've included. The large set (light purple) is hollow for easier viewing. Notice that the smaller sets can be put together independent of the larger set and in the case I've shown coincidentally make the letter "J" as in Jedi.

Each smaller square represents one fo the smaller sets, while the larger one is the grand hall I listed.

abell748
05-26-2005, 04:40 PM
I think that the multi-piece playset is the way to go with this one. If hasbro took it this way everybody wins. Retailers would more then likely to take on the smaller pieces, you can buy what you want for your playset, and if there 6 or 7 sets at $15 to $20 each, Hasbro would make $90 to $140 A PLAYSET (which is more then they would make for a one piece big playset). Do this with the Death Star and Naboo and peolpe will empty their wallets to Hasbro for years to come.

DarthQuack
05-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Has everyone woken up from this dream yet?:)

jk, It really does sound like a great idea.

Veers
05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
That would be awesome!

decadentdave
05-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Considering they've already done the Jedi Council playsets, I don't see them doing any "add-ons" though it would be a neat idea. I for one would like to see Palpatine's Office playset with break-away window for the Mace Windu duel that would connect to the Battle Arena and a Senate Chamber playset similar to the Jedi Council sets that would include figures of the different Senators, i.e. Wookies, E.T.'s... Each senate rotunda would connect to an elevated stand and the final piece that would connect to the base would be the rising "platform" rotunda for the arena showdown between Yoda and Sidious.

beckmen
05-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah, Palpy's Office needs to be added to the official list. The Senate Chambers is too massive to even think about doing as a toy.

I think this is a great idea, though. Why, oh why are WE not running Hasbro???

When was the Jedi Council a playset?

jedi master sal
05-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Has everyone woken up from this dream yet?
Trust me, I know it's a dream. ha ha
But it doesn't hurt to dream once in awhile...

When was the Jedi Council a playset?

It wasn't. It was a "screen scene." recall that there were two Saga sets and IIRC OTC style packaging for the other 4 sets. I'm STILL waiting for these to go on sale before I get the rest of them. Those were pieces of junk. Too many repacks.