PDA

View Full Version : The prequel to the prequels?

Bilbo_Fett
05-26-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping this is kinda the right place to put this thread but I couldn't think of anywhere else it could go.

According to the Daily Star over here in the UK, Lucas is apparently planning a prequel to the new films, set around a hundred years before, with an entire new cast except Yoda. Lucas apparently said he has the story all worked out in his head.

Have any of you guys heard of this before, its news to me. I know there was talk of 7, 8, 9 but didnt realise there was something before.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I honestly doubt that this is true at all. Maybe there will be a video game about it or something, but there won't be any movies based on this, or anything else related to SW ever again. And no, this won't be the premise of the TV show, either.

Sebulba_Fett
05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
. . .there won't be any movies based on this, or anything else related to SW ever again.

Remember, JJL, "Cloudy the future is." :D

Sorry, dude, I just had to comment on this. I've seen your posts in regards to any talk about future movies and you always seem pretty sure that their will never be another film. You could be right, but just for the sake of arguing I do recall a time when the prequels were never going to be made and now we just got done watching the last one in that trilogy. And I bet that not many of us would be expecting a TV show again, but now their is one just down the road.

Let's face it. Lucas is schizo in how often he changes his mind. I've read the same interviews that everyone else has. The ones where he says he is done with Star Wars after ROTS. But then, of course, this TV show pops up in which he is directing the first season. The interesting thing about those interviews, though, is how he always states that "he" is done with Star Wars. He could pass the torch on to someone else. Now, I used to believe that their would be no more Star Wars without Lucas attached to it, but I've recently reconsidered this stand. I think the biggest point in favor for future movies without Lucas is the fact that he is handing the TV show off to someone else after the first season. Obviously he has reconsidered his previous comments and is willing to allow someone else to play in his sandbox.

To be honest, I think the chances of seeing another movie are somewhere around 30%. This may go up or down depending on how well the TV show is received, but its definately not sitting at zero right now.

Also, in regards to your post Bilbo, I feel its doubtful that any movies would focus on pre-prequels. That kind of stuff will be saved for comics, games, books, and/or future TV shows (if the current one does well). Most likely, future movies (if any) would focus on post ROTJ stories.

Sith Lord 0498
05-26-2005, 10:13 PM
First of all, this movie would have to set more than a hundred years before Episode I from what I've heard, which is that it deals with the last Jedi/Sith war. From Ki-Adi-Mundi's comments in TPM, we know that it was 1,000 years ago.

If they do make this, then I believe it should be an animated movie all the way in the same vein as Clone Wars.