PDA

View Full Version : Hardest to find ROTS

BoShek
05-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Since I wanted to be spoiler free I had my mother buy a few ROTS figures for me for the last month. I just saw the movie, so I can look at and buy figures now. But I am a little out of the loop.

Who are the hardest to find figures? I read the thread about the both kinds of guards being rare. And I noticed that I didn't see any C-3POs or Darth Vaders on the pegs since I started looking; are they rare? And who else is hard to find?

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 08:45 AM
In my experience so far, the only "rare" ones are whatever the newest wave is.

DarkCloud
05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Rarely seen on the pegs:

C-3PO - i havent seen this droid since the end of april
Blue/Red Guards
Count Dooku
Clone Troopers #6, #41
Tank Gunner
Darth Vader - a few stores might have him

Ryno
05-27-2005, 09:55 AM
I have never seen the tank gunner on the pegs (a nice Target employee found one for me in the back) and I've only seen the red guard once and that was on 4/2. I've seen 1 - 44 in abundance otherwise. Of all the others though, it seems like I only see the blue guard once every couple of times I'm out.

Scackmgack
05-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah - where the hell is C3PO? I couldn't believe that when Target had their sale a few weeks ago I couldn't find a single one of these!

Dark Marble
05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I have also heard that Padme is a problem to find right now. I am not sure about the hardest to find anymore. I got the first 32 on April 2nd and have not looked for them since. And each wave when it hits so far has been easy to get a hold of. I know silly things like Palpatine with the blue saber is hard to find.

vader68
05-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I have not been able to find #38(at-te gunner) anywhere. Walmart by me has had a bunch of clone commanders,clone pilots, and #41 clone troopers. Yesterday I found #45,46,47.But the gunner, can't find anywhere

Mandalorian Candidat
05-27-2005, 11:50 AM
The Royal/Senate guards are definitely the hardest to find along with the AT-TE Tank Gunners. I've seen plenty of them actually, at store AM openings, but they always get picked up w/o exception. The 41s seem to be around in better supply and now I've seen that all the post 4/2 waves are almost like pegwarmers in my area.

A lot of the Jedi Masters, Padme, C-3PO, and even Yoda and OB1 are starting to become harder to find. I didn't get many of these cause I thought they'd be around like crazy for ever and I'd be able to get them on future clearances.

Captain Spoon
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I would say the ones I have seen the least of (not including variations) are

Royal Gaurd
C-3PO
R-2 D-2
Padme
Tank Gunner (such a cool figure)
#3 YODA
and any standard Battle Droid (no matter what paint scheme)

Bacta Beast
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
I think the answer to this question is going to very greatly depending on region. I've plenty of the clones, even #41. I've seen plenty of Tank Gunners, and Commanders also. I think it's to early for anything from this movie to be rare. Wait til' it's been out a year, and stores don't want to order anymore. That's when Hasbro will start focusing the line on figures that we the collectors want, because they know we're the only ones interested. Then we'll all clamore to find figures that Hasbro won't make enough of because retailers aren't ordering as many. :)

ronhudy
05-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Interesting so many of you are having a hard time finding figures. I don't collect like I used to(1 of every carded figure - multiple army builders). I turned over my collection to my son, and he pretty much does the collecting now, and he buys mostly army builders, new villains, and new figures (as in no repacks or resculpts, unless they're BIG improvements i.e. new C3PO). I'm in Las Vegas, and I have seen EVERY SINGLE figure on multiple occasions EXCEPT Red Royal Guards. I have laid eyes on ONE at Midnight Madness, which my son didn't get, but we got one through a trade with DTMAN (Thanks Again!).

On a recent visit to a Wal-Mart, I saw every figure 1-44, including plenty of Wookie Warriors, Neimodians, and Destroyer Droids. I'm seeing a lot more Clones (all of 'em - Gunners/Pilots/Commanders/Super Art.) and a bunch of Blue Royal Guards starting to show up, and I also saw a half dozen or so of the new Senators and a Tarkin. To me, it looks like the case assortments are FINALLY starting to make sense, but that they're just starting to show up. So patience all - unless your towns are severly scalper heavy, I'm sure everyone will eventually find what they need. If you want to support Ebay and the high price internet retailers, that's all fine and dandy, too - but I've always been able to find what me or my son wanted at WM, Target, or by doing even trades with fellow collectors. Good Luck! :)

trandoshan666
05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
The red guard is the only one I consider rare. I bought the only one I've ever seen in a store back at Midnight Madness.

tagmac
05-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Same here. I got my Red Guard at Target on 4/2, and that was the only one I had seen in all the boxes that were opened. TRU the night before only had the blue guards, and I have yet to see a Red one there. I was in Target this morning, and they had 5 each of the Tank Gunner and the Blue Guard - seems to be the only place that's getting a lot of Collection 2. No sign of the Tarkin wave yet.

Ji'dai
05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
So far I've seen every figure 1-44, including known variants.

The #38 Tank Gunner is the rarest one for me. I've seen about five altogether since April 2; and I bought three of those. The figures in that particular range (37-40) are a fairly rare sight in my area.

DarthQuack
05-27-2005, 05:18 PM
I haven't looked much lately, but for me the Royal Guards were hard to find at first.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I have seen all but one figure, 1-44 and that is either color of the Royal Guard. Just earlier in the week, I saw about 10 Tank Gunners, a few Destroyer Droids, and other rarer ones I hadn't seen in all, but the Royal Guards I have yet to sight.

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 06:10 PM
I havent seen any guards...or vaders...or 3pos...but other than that, my area is pretty good about everything else :)

General_Grievous
05-27-2005, 06:13 PM
The only one I've never seen in stores is the red guard. Had to get that one from ebay. I've only seen the AT-TE Gunner once, and that was from a newly opened case. As for the clones, they're friggin' pegwarmers around here! Every store has at least 15 each of the Commander and the pilot. #6 and #41 are a bit more rare, but not that hard to come by.

As for the following 11 figures:

Tarkin, Meena Tills, Ask Aak: I don't see these as being hard to find, especially since kids won't even touch them.

R2-D2 #48: I see this as pegwarmer material, since it's a repack.

Commander Bacarra: Since he's a clone (and a cool looking one), I think he'll be the hardest one to find out of these 11.

Mustafar Anakin: Probably will be easy to find.

Capt. Antilles, Zett Jukassa, Utapaun Warrior, Mustafar Sentry, Red Leader Obi-Wan: I don't think these will be a problem to find. Obi-Wan is one I'm really looking forward to.

Turbo Tank Driver: Probably the second hardest one to find, but it looks kind of like a POTF2 figure, so maybe a lot of people will leave it alone.

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Obi-Wan (if done correctly, like his promo pic) will be amazing, they really screwed up ani

General_Grievous
05-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but #50 Anakin will be forgiven after we get the Evolutions pack ROTS Anakin.

redeemer
05-27-2005, 08:06 PM
If you go to EntertainmentEarth.com and click through the ROTS Cases for sale you can see the break down of what the figure assortments are like. It is very surprising to see that Hasbro has packed a variety of "commom" character figures only one to a case. Noted figures one to a case are Darth Vader, C3PO, and Padme. Not to mention the scalper favorites Imperial Guards (both blue and red, although the Red Imperial Guards have disappeared off the face of the planet), the AT-TE Tank Gunner (which has joined the Red Imperial Guard into oblivion). The observation I am quickly making is that Hasbro has done a good job mixing the assortments, but we are beginning to see the "peg warmer" syndrome hitting retail outlets. Scores of Palpatines, Anakins, Bail Organas, Chopper Droids, and Wookies Warriors are daggling unloved and unwanted by collectors.

sith_killer_99
05-28-2005, 02:53 AM
You can't really go off of case breakdowns IMO. Because some stores, like Wal-Mart are getting special cases, like the long shelf case that is only 3 deep and the big huge case that has tons of the basic figures. I'm not sure who else is getting these strange cases, but I know they are out there.

So far I have had a hard time with the AT-TE Gunner, but that's about it. :)

Fluke Skywalker
05-28-2005, 03:24 AM
I saw two more #41's tonight, so I'm taking it off my hard to find list. Also saw another Blue Senate guard. I would have to agree with sith_killer_99, right now the AT-TE is the hardest to find around here too. (Though I found him early on, he comes and goes quick)

Old Fossil
05-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Little if anything current is rare around here. I've seen the red Royal Guard three times, and bought 'em each time... got a fourth off Ebay. Still see shelf-worn Blues, though their numbers are dwindling. I say get 'em while you can, and get several of each: they make for a stunning display.

The AT-TE Gunner came and went like the wind. I got two of the six or so that were on the pegs.

The Wookiee/SA Clone/Neimoidian wave went even quicker, although only one case was put out last week. All I saw of it was a lone Neimoidian, and didn't buy it; but I expect to see plenty more of that wave, soon.

My Wal-Mart averages 11 figures sold per day, according to a friend of mine who works the toy department. That's really, really good, IMO, and bodes well for future shipments of the new assortments.

:cool:

Kidhuman
05-28-2005, 09:48 AM
AT-TE Gunner is the hardest to find besides variants

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Little if anything current is rare around here. I've seen the red Royal Guard three times, and bought 'em each time... got a fourth off Ebay. Still see shelf-worn Blues, though their numbers are dwindling. I say get 'em while you can, and get several of each: they make for a stunning display.

The AT-TE Gunner came and went like the wind. I got two of the six or so that were on the pegs.

The Wookiee/SA Clone/Neimoidian wave went even quicker, although only one case was put out last week. All I saw of it was a lone Neimoidian, and didn't buy it; but I expect to see plenty more of that wave, soon.

My Wal-Mart averages 11 figures sold per day, according to a friend of mine who works the toy department. That's really, really good, IMO, and bodes well for future shipments of the new assortments.

:cool:

I would say that within a month, it will be difficult to find the first 32 figures while 33+ will be out in abundance. The Wookiee/SA Clone/Neimoidian wave is flooding the pegs here after a slow start (just like the Clone Commander wave did). Tarkin is slowly seeping into stores, and I'm sure that wave will be readily available within a week or two.

darko666
05-28-2005, 04:29 PM
AT-TE Tank Gunner and the Royal Guards are the rarest figures around where i lived. the variation of figures are hard to find to, after i moved to florida recently i found the dark furred wookie. they only had light fur wookies in NY.
i have yet to see the corrected anakin w/ dooku saber. i haven't even seen a destroyer droid yet, but i will eventually find one.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Still haven't seen a blue guard. I have two reds and didn't see more than a couple more than that. I did manage to find two AT-TE gunners, but not sure if I've seen any since then. TRU had lots of #41 through #44 today, especially Wookiees and Clones.

BanthaPoodoo
05-28-2005, 05:46 PM
I might can get my hand on 4 red royal guards if anyone is interested in a trade. I saw them at a local WM but didnt get em cause I already had one for my set. If anyone would like me to try & get one, I would like these in exchange if possible:

#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner, #41 Clone, #42 Neimoidian Warrior, #43 Wookie Warrior (both colors)

Val Da Car
05-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow you guys would flip....my TRU had two rows of the AT TE Gunner!
and a ton of the #6 clones.

WM by me got 10 #41's and the other one got 12 #41's

I have only seen one red royal guard but a fair share of Blue Royals.

Darth Vader is the hard to find figure around here.

asiandoood
05-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I've only seen 2 ATTE Gunner ever during my hunts. Picked up 1 Never seen the red/blue royal guards ever. I got lucky and spotted 41 today.

the clone commanders and pilots are warming the pegs surprisingly. Vader showed up last month and warmed the pegs...but totally disappeared off the shelves quick.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I found 4 gunners today and one 41- If you guys need gunners try Khols if you have one near you.

Comac
05-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Here in Toronto I couldn't find a Vader anywhere downtown until I went to the bay, and even then he was the last one. They also had 3 red royal guards so I snagged one.

tagmac
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
It looks like the Red Guard and the Gunner will become less rare over time. According to EntertainmentEarth, these are the lone re-packs in the case with Capt. Antilles, Zett Jukassa, and the Utapauan Warrior. FINALLY some smart case packing by Hasbro.

Blackened88
05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah, well what about the Blue Guard?

tagmac
05-30-2005, 01:19 AM
At least around NJ, the blue guard is still shipping in the collection 2 cases with Mas Amedda, et al....I saw 5 of them at Target just a few days ago.

abell748
05-30-2005, 08:10 AM
At first, all of the first 32 were all over the place (except the Guards) so I did not pick some of them up. Now it is getting hard to find Mace, 3PO, Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Padme, both Yodas, both Anakins, both Obis, and Shaak Ti. I have been shocked that these figures moved that fast, and that Hasbro has finally learned to vary assortments better!!!! Past 32, 33-44 (except Gunner) are all over. We even have alot of both Wookiee colors. Have not seen the Tarkin wave yet, but figures seem to be selling brisk, so here is to hope of lots of new figures from 45-56.

Dark Helmet
05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
On the first page of this forum, someone said that they had found 45-49 at their local WM. I haven't seen them yet. But the last time I checked was on the 27th. So, its off to Wally World I go!:D

Dark Helmet
05-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Since I wanted to be spoiler free I had my mother buy a few ROTS figures for me for the last month. I just saw the movie, so I can look at and buy figures now. But I am a little out of the loop.

Who are the hardest to find figures? I read the thread about the both kinds of guards being rare. And I noticed that I didn't see any C-3POs or Darth Vaders on the pegs since I started looking; are they rare? And who else is hard to find?

In Oh, I found 4 red guards ( No Blue ) and 6 at-te gunners. C3po and r2 were in abundance as well. If you are close to Columbus OH, then you might take the the trip. There are at least 10-12 Targets and WM's in the area.

bats1990
05-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Around here is Reading PA I have seen 1 through 44. AT-TE Gunners are there if you catch stores in the morning, say before 11:30am. That is mostly at Wal-Mart. Over time at Target I have every other figure. Again in the morning is better to catch the newer waves of figures. Target also has the second and third wave of deluxe figures available. I see less #41 Trooppers at Wal-mart and less AT-TE Gunners at Target. Red Guards, I haven't seen in quite a while. A Blue Guard pops up at TRU every now and then. By the way, TRU...nothing above 32 yet. I have yet to see #45, 46 & 47. Hopefully this week. Happy Hunting. Also for anyone looking for these Target also has the waves where Anakin is packed with a Dooku saber.

Sith Lord 0498
05-30-2005, 09:31 AM
On the first page of this forum, someone said that they had found 45-49 at their local WM. I haven't seen them yet. But the last time I checked was on the 27th. So, its off to Wally World I go!:D

That was around the same time I found the Tarkin wave (45, 46, 47). They're just starting to filter into the stores.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Well - I took a week off the hunt after finding a spider droid, and clone three pack -

I've only seen four gunners so far -
bought two of em'

no red guards in the last two weeks - was seeing two of em at walmart from time to time - i saw two blue guards today.

three p0,vader and quick-draw-mcgraw clone troopers are long gone from the pegs.

Val Da Car
05-30-2005, 10:17 PM
ok...my trips today..

Metro Milwaukee TRU mostly 1 - 24 No clones and almost all stored in a box to dig through. Total Crap and the employees suck butt.....I showed them date coding so they can SELL the POTJ figures.

4 different targets....all recent stuff thru 44 but not Super ART's and

A different TRU about 20 #6 clones and even 9 or so AT TE's

Kohls....Metro Milwaukee...crap and attitudes from the employees. I returned a c3p0 just on principle.

Kohls SE Wis great service bought 6 Vaders (Holidays are covered)

Walmart....a good variety of stuff but anything above #32 is in short supply.

UKWildcat
05-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, new here...

The hardest to find figures in my area are the AT-TE tank gunners, the Royal Guards and now, the Darth Vader. Pretty much all of the clone troopers can be found, but the SA #41 is the most difficult.

I checked out WM and Target today and found 2 Red Royal guards at Target, which I have never laid eyes on in person until today. I had to pick them up. Wal-Mart was a complete mess. Figures all over the shelves, even on the floor, nothing good either. I've had the most luck getting the harder to find figures at Target.

One weird thing about my area though... A couple of weeks ago Target had about 5 AT-TE tank gunners, so i picked up a couple since I had never seen them before, and WM also had about 5 gunners, so I picked up a couple there too (for my army of course.) And before that date, and ever since that date I have not seen one. I don't know if it is how they are boxed or what? I usually hit up my local Target and WM somewhat early in the morning before I head to work in the afternoon to check out the newer pegged figures, so I usually have a good pick at the bunch. I would have picked up a couple more but I thought I was going to be able to get them very easily. Oh well... Happy hunting!

Sorry about the long post :D

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 04:25 AM
Well, I will jump in on this too. So far, the hardest figure for me to find has been the AT-TE Tank Gunner. I had found everything up to 44. Tonight, I finally found 3 of them, along with 45-47. I think the problem with this figure is that he is the only army builder out of that wave which makes him harder to find (especially since I purchased 3 of them :D ). I haven't seen any guards on the pegs though. I don't know about Vader or C-3PO.

aceguide
05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I have only seen one guard - red.
I have only seen 2 gunners.

Vader is the hottest thing ever. He was choaking the pegs for weeks - now he has vanished. Three times I have heard mothers saying "we need to get Darth Vader for..." They usually come up empty, which is not a good thing for the sport.

I am very surprised at how well figs are moving in my area. There are very few peg warmers, and there is consistently new product. The big problem is becomming the wave 1 deluxe. They are gathering serious dust...

Scackmgack
05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Since I began making an AM toy run just as the doors at my local Target open, I haven't had trouble finding anything except Red Guards and C3-PO, who I passed on during MM because I figured he would be around when it came clearance time...

I have seen three Red Guards, I think, since April 2nd, and two were at Kay-Bee so I passed on them.

Had I only known how rare they would be...

Mad Slanted Powers
05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
The basic Darth Vader isn't that great of a figure though. The legs and left arm have no articulation. I've yet to open the deluxe one to see how it compares.

Figures 41-44 are becoming common now. 33-40 are somewhat common. There were a lot of Clone Commanders at one point, but now I don't see them. The Clone Pilots are still around. No AT-TE gunners though. Of the first 32, I don't see the guards, never seen a blue one. Dooku and Chancellor Palpatine #14 seem to be scarce.

inkedforlife
05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
I will throw my two cents into this catagory as well now. I recently went through the Case assortments and figured up if I were to purchase one of each full case released how many of each figure I woudl get. Strange thing is out of the 24 different cases the figures that are limited in those do not add up to the ones in the stores. Just to sum up the lowest numbers this is what you woudl only get two of each figure of when buying 24 full cases.
#4 Super Battle Droid
#5 Chewbacca
#10 Mace Windu
#12 Emperor Palpatine
#14 Chancelor Palpatine and last but not least
#24 Mon Mothma
Problem is all of these listed above are the ones I see filling the shelves everywhere I go. It ths Tank Gunners adn Royal Guards that are hardest to find and those are both at 6 figures out of 24 cases. I guess it's just a matter of what the kids want mixed with the collectors choices.

waboritas
05-31-2005, 10:17 AM
I finally broke down and started my ROTS collection as the it does not look like we are going to get a sale much better than figs for $5 a pop. I bought the following two packs from Bj's for $9.99:

Anakin Cloak/Tarful
Mace/Emperor (was going to return Mace until I realized he has a removable hand, wish he had the robe on though).
Obi Wan (kick)/Clone # 6
Anakin #2/R2D2 (returned R2 at target as I have more than my share of R2s.

Bought the Trivial Pursuit DVD for $39.99 which came with free Grievous Guard

The Target near me in Woburn, MA only had Bail, Clone Commander, exploding Greivous, Clone Pilot and changing head Palps. Half of the pegs are empty and they are not re-filling at all (was there 4 or 5 times last week, how's the gas bill). Bought all but Bail as there are tons and will get it on sale.

Went to TRU yesterday and they had a fantastic assortment including Vaders, a bunch of AT-TE Gunners and one Red Royal Guard. I picked up a AT-TE Gunner as I did not have one, pregnant Padme, 4 arm grieveous even though the character sucks (cool looking fig) and a Plo Kloon (don't have any). Passed on the royal guard as I have several from POTF and Saga line. I am not a completist (never really have been). I'm kinda bummed I missed out on the TRU sale as I could have got my Jedi Starfighters for $15. Will continue to wait.

Figs are 2 for $12 at KB this week. They had a decent selection. Have Beast assortment 2 for $20 only problem is you have to buy 2 to get the sale and they only had Obi Wan and the lizzard. Also had Mustafar playset for $29.99. May hold out for it to go on sale. Did that for the arena playset and got shut out. We'll see. Look for figs to get stolen out of Mustafar ala Royal Naboo Starship.....

Have not seen blue guard, Dooku, or C3P0 since the movie came out.

darthdeogg
05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
In Oh, I found 4 red guards ( No Blue ) and 6 at-te gunners. C3po and r2 were in abundance as well. If you are close to Columbus OH, then you might take the the trip. There are at least 10-12 Targets and WM's in the area.

And that DOESN'T include the Meijers and TRU's in the area (I'm 2 hours north of C-bus, and I lived there for a year), and if I remember correctly there's a couple of Kohl's around there somewhere.

Up in my neck of the woods, the only figure I have NOT seen on the pegs is the Red Guard. I've only seen (and bought) one TE Gunner. Everything else I've seen a lot of.....#41's, Clone Commanders, Darth, even 3PO

Mad Slanted Powers
05-31-2005, 06:53 PM
I will throw my two cents into this catagory as well now. I recently went through the Case assortments and figured up if I were to purchase one of each full case released how many of each figure I woudl get. Strange thing is out of the 24 different cases the figures that are limited in those do not add up to the ones in the stores. Just to sum up the lowest numbers this is what you woudl only get two of each figure of when buying 24 full cases.
#4 Super Battle Droid
#5 Chewbacca
#10 Mace Windu
#12 Emperor Palpatine
#14 Chancelor Palpatine and last but not least
#24 Mon Mothma
Problem is all of these listed above are the ones I see filling the shelves everywhere I go. It ths Tank Gunners adn Royal Guards that are hardest to find and those are both at 6 figures out of 24 cases. I guess it's just a matter of what the kids want mixed with the collectors choices.

I did the same thing with the case assortments listed in the Entertainment Earth catalog I have, but I excluded the sidekick case, which was two each of the #1-12. Also, the listed cases only cover through figure #50. However, I thought those figures were harder ones to find. Mon Mothma was one of the last of the first 32 that I found. She is more plentiful now in some places. I haven't noticed the Chancellor lately. Mace seemed less abundant at first, but I see a few more now. I see more of #35 Palpatine than #12. You would think Mace would have been available in greater numbers. Hopefully they will make a better version of him eventually.

Old Fossil
06-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Being slightly obsessive-compulsive, I reorganized my local WM's Star Wars basic figure stock last Saturday. This is what I found:

1 ful peg of Luminara Unduli
1 full peg of Mas Amedda
1 full peg of Bail Organa
1 full peg of Agen Kolar
1 full peg of Saesee Tiiin
1 full peg of Plo Koon
2 full pegs of Shaak Ti
2 full pegs of General Greivous's Bodyguard
2 full pegs of Chewbacca
2 full pegs of Mon Mothma
2 full pegs of Super Battle Droid
2 full pegs of Palpatine (red robes)
2 full pegs of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (grey robes)
3 full pegs of Clone Pilots (no kidding!)

With 1 half-full peg each of:

Aayla Secura
Ki-Adi Mundi
C-3PO
Padme
Battle Droid
Obi-Wan (both versions together)
Tarrful
Vader's Medical Droid

And a scattering of

Emperor Palpatine (1)
blue Royal Guard (2)
Mace Windu (2)
Clone Commander (1)
Quick-draw Clone Trooper (1)
Polis Massan (3)
Tion Meddon (2)
Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior (1)
Yoda w/cannon (1, in badly damaged packaging)
Kit Fisto (1)

That's it. No Vader, Greivous, Anakins, red Guards, other Yodas, or any of the later waves.

This morning the Clone Commander, Clone Trooper, Emperor Palpatine, and Kit Fisto were gone. Mace is down to 1.

Ryno
06-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm sure Wal-Mart appreciates you cleaning up their pegs for them. From what I've seen at most WM's I've been to; they prefer having their toys spread out all over the floor. :D

megaprime33
06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
The only one in my area that's impossible to find is the tank gunner. I've seen all of the other figures at least once.

ronhudy
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Funny...before this weekend, I saw a pretty good assortment of everything #1-44, and even a few 45-47. The only figure that I only saw twice in the store was the Red Royal Guard - I've seen plenty of blues.

This weekend alone, I saw at least 5 mothers buying SW toys for kids, either as birthday presents or because their kids just saw the movie and wanted some figures. At a local Target, there were tons of Neimodians, Wookie Warriors, Palpatine 35's, and Clone Pilots, but VERY LITTLE of anything else! Barely ANY #1-32, and besides the Pilot, NO CLONES AT ALL! No Vaders, No C3PO, No Jedis's, very few Obi's/Ani's, etc. Honestly, I hope this trend continues to drive sales and get new figures on the shelves. And maybe some cool vehicles...

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I recieved a shock at the Target near my apartment (Mt. Pleaseant, MI). I really don't pay attention to what figures they do and don't have (if you can't afford them, why bother? :) ). But after reading how "rare" they seem to be, I was surprised to see about two dozen of the SA clones.

Blackened88
06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Man you are one lucky guy :D

Slicker
06-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I was at Target and saw the #41 for the first time and I picked up 2 extras. Sooooo...if anyone needs one PM me. Preferably someone that doesn't have one yet.

CaptainSolo1138
06-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah, same goes for me. If anyone needs some or some more SA Clones, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

BoShek
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
After going to numerous stores around my friend's place outside of Philly, here is what I didn't find:
No C-3P0s, Vaders, AT-TE Gunners, either Guard
Very few Medics, Vader's droid, Anakins or Mace
No Tarkins or figures from that wave

megaprime33
06-07-2005, 09:14 AM
i was at a KB near my work and found tons of clone commanders, clone #41s and the clone pilots. Did a quick search for the gunner and of course, nadda.

tagmac
06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
No sign of the Tarkin wave at all in Central Jersey. TRU likely won't be putting out anything new since condensing their SW section into a smaller area to make room for Batman. Target has tons of the Wookiee Warrior wave (including a few Clones), but with Fantastic Four already taking over the SW endcap, I predict the whole SW section will be condensed within a week, leaving no room to put out new figures. Just when I thought I could count on them to get the new figures, I was wrong. Amazon had Tarkin and Ask Aak for about 24 hours last week (no Meena Tills), so I skipped them to avoid paying all that shipping for 2 out of 3 figs, and now I think I greatly miscalculated. At least the Red Guards will be shipping again in the Antilles cases, but I don't know about the others.

While thankfully some stores seem to have sold a lot of the garbage that had been there since 4/2, I'm not too confident we'll be seeing a steady stream of new stuff. And with HTS selling out of everything, cancelling orders, and not getting anything new in anymore, it could be a rough time for us collectors, and glory time for the scalpers once again. :frus:

ronhudy
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Funny...before this weekend, I saw a pretty good assortment of everything #1-44, and even a few 45-47. The only figure that I only saw twice in the store was the Red Royal Guard - I've seen plenty of blues.

This weekend alone, I saw at least 5 mothers buying SW toys for kids, either as birthday presents or because their kids just saw the movie and wanted some figures. At a local Target, there were tons of Neimodians, Wookie Warriors, Palpatine 35's, and Clone Pilots, but VERY LITTLE of anything else! Barely ANY #1-32, and besides the Pilot, NO CLONES AT ALL! No Vaders, No C3PO, No Jedis's, very few Obi's/Ani's, etc. Honestly, I hope this trend continues to drive sales and get new figures on the shelves. And maybe some cool vehicles...

So me and my son are in Target last night (different one than mentioned above), and saw the exact opposite...LOTS of EVERYTHING - Tarkin wave, at least 5 of each; about 2 dozen #41 Clones, AT-TE Gunners, 3PO, Dooku, Vader, Clone Commander, LOTS of Wookies and Neimodians, a couple blue Royal Guards...the only thing I didn't see was a Red Guard.

Ryno
06-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm lucky enough to work right on top of a target (I'm a marketing coordinator for a mall in chicago) so I go down there at least once day to check out things. This morning, as I went down to pick up my copy of Coldplay, I checked things out and here is what I noticed:

They had just packed the pegs full, but there was virtually no 1 - 32. There was 1 blue guard, maybe 2 - 3 #1 Obi-Wans, 2 Count Dookus, 2 Ploo Koons and 2 Saesee Tinn. EVERYTHING else was 32 - 44 including about 10 AT-TE gunners, which I only saw one of up until now (only one #41 clone though).

VaderhitsJarjar
06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
As of today i found the clone commander wave at the local TRU.
Ive checked the place out at least twice a week -
stores with prices set at 5.99 i can find pretty much anything except red guard and clone gunner. Tarkin Wave not yet seen in my area.

Stores with 5.24 pricing I cant find Vader, C3po, SA Clone, quickdraw mcgraw clone, padme, Mace, and slim pickns' of 1-25

In all places the peg warmers are palpy all types, wookies, female jedi, droid body guards.

THE K mart in my area is selling for 7.99 and they are not moving a thing = most of the figures are still sitting from april

cool thing is their 2005 otc just dropped to 5.99 and the cantina set down to 14.99.

I also clean up the 40 + figures off the floor at walmart -
while i was doing this last week a guy asked me if we had any new shipments with the clone trooper three packs - i said I think so .. let me check.....
I walked to my car
sigh...

Kidhuman
06-09-2005, 12:26 AM
while i was doing this last week a guy asked me if we had any new shipments with the clone trooper three packs - i said I think so .. let me check.....
I walked to my car
sigh...

Thats hilarious.

WesleySr
06-09-2005, 02:58 AM
I walked to my car
sigh...

That's the first time in a long time that I have read something on these forums that has made me bust out laughing.

jedi master sal
06-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Same story here in Pittsburgh.

AT-TE gunners are VHTF. Royal Guards are non exhistant, with only the scant Blue one showing up from time to time.

I'm glad I had the foresight to nab 8 of each blue and red guards when I saw them.

The Tan Wookiee warrior is becoming harder to find than the brown one.

I've seen alot of people clamoring for C-3PO. Funny, he was real easy to find the first couple of weeks. Hmm, looks like everyone is out for some goldenrod. Ah, C-3PO that is...

Vader is gone and Black cloaked Emperor Palaptine getting harder to find.

Actually, though it's frustrating at times, I'm glad things are a little hard to find. It means they are selling and that means stores will continue to get new stuff... At least that's how it should work in theory.

Slicker
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Actually, though it's frustrating at times, I'm glad things are a little hard to find. It means they are selling and that means stores will continue to get new stuff... At least that's how it should work in theory.That's exactly what I would think but some stores tend to get over zealous and order alot of product when it's selling good then flood the shelves for months on end with old product. As for my area I've been finding more of the new figs starting to trickle in.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-09-2005, 09:27 PM
I havent seen a tan wookie in about two weeks

UKWildcat
06-11-2005, 12:28 AM
I went to my not so local KB Toys and actually found two C-3PO's. I passed on this figure for a while, since it was everywhere, and now it is nowhere. I went to 2 Targets, 2 Wal-marts, 1 TRUs, today and they had no C-3POs... They also didn't have any At-te tank gunners, any of the Royal Guards, or Darth vaders (surprise surprise)! So at KB toys I picked up 2 C-3POS and 2 Sneak Previews Wookies, since i didn't have either, and they were 2 for 12 :D

Ryno
06-13-2005, 09:51 AM
I didn't have the money to go buy 1 - 32 when they came out on 4/2 :cry: - I just got the ones I really liked and then later, as money came in, I went out and picked them up in order ( I have no clue why). Well, I'm up to #42 now, but I had to pass up the #26 Yoda, because I can't find him anywhere. It's been at least 3 or 4 weeks since I got up to his number and I haven't seen him. I'm not that big into the deluxe figures, but my finacee got me the anakin/vader one on 4/2 and I haven't seen that one in months.

ROTJLuke
06-13-2005, 10:47 AM
The only figures that arent really in abundance are the royal guards, Darth Vader, AT-TE Gunner, and C3PO. Everything else is really there. Ive even seen the brand new Tarkin wave, managed to pick up Tarkin, but had to leave the other two due to no feckin' money. I hid the figures and when I came back, they were gone. It's s**t like that that f**kin ****es me off...

ThomasLane
06-13-2005, 12:54 PM
The only figures that arent really in abundance are the royal guards, Darth Vader, AT-TE Gunner, and C3PO. Everything else is really there. Ive even seen the brand new Tarkin wave, managed to pick up Tarkin, but had to leave the other two due to no feckin' money. I hid the figures and when I came back, they were gone. It's s**t like that that f**kin ****es me off...

Sorry, you'll need to clarify that for us. What is it that ****es you off? People with no money that hide the hard-to-find figures from the rest of us, or people with money in their pockets who find the figures that you tried to hide from the rest of us?

If you don't have the money to buy it, leave it on the pegs for someone that does.

UKWildcat
06-14-2005, 12:56 AM
If you don't have the money to buy it, leave it on the pegs for someone that does.

I second that notion!

Battle Droid
06-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Or hide it better. :p

I always look for hid figures. :p

Ryno
06-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Is there a final verdict on which wookie is harder to find - tan or brown?

Ji'dai
06-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I see more brown than tan Wooks. But I didn't have any problem getting all that I needed of each color.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-14-2005, 08:24 PM
I saw several of both Wookiees when I first found them at Wal-Mart. Now I can't find the lighter ones.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
still no tan wookies seen in some time now - but will see from store to store one of the following
a couple of brown wookies or two full pegs of em

UKWildcat
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
All of the wookies I have seen the past couple of weeks or so have been brown as well, haven't seen a tan one for a while now.

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 09:28 AM
The hardest to find Revenge of the Sith toys to find here in CO are some of the first ones to come out....

-Darth Vader (nowhere)
- Emperor Palpatine
- ANY Anakin
- C-3PO
- Clone Troopers
- General Grevious
- Plo Koon & Ki-Adi Mundi (not too common)
- Padme

CaptainSolo1138
06-20-2005, 09:33 AM
In my travels across the state of Michigan this weekend, EVERYTHING is plentiful (even the new Tarkin and Senators wave) except for the AT-TE Gunner and the Clone Commando. Go figure, the only two figures I want....

DarkCloud
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
AT-TE Gunner
AT-TE Gunner
AT-TE Gunner
AT-TE Gunner

no other comparison, this guy is always snatched before any figures. i dunno why, probably cuz he has a removeble helmet and comes with grass....

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I dont know why either, but its in high demand...its a sweet figure...

ronhudy
06-20-2005, 04:34 PM
OH AWESOME! Brian's Toys has #45 Tarkin, #46 Ask Aak, and #47 Meena Tills in stock for the low price of $14.99 each. I think I'll order them right now!

Oh wait...nevermind. I just remembered I found them all at Wal-Mart 3 weeks ago for $5.24 each. :P

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
hell yea, f**k brians...thats all I gotta say about that...

ronhudy
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
I can see a mark-up on collectibles, and I know they're not a huge distributor, but 200%?! C'mon...that's ridiculous, and they're plentiful at every Wal-Mart and Target I've been to in the last two weeks.

Bren2d2
06-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Here are some of the hard to find ROTS figures where I live.

AT TE Gunner - I have NEVER seen one on the pegs, its like they stopped making them.

Royal Guards - Haven't seen either since the the week before the movie was released in theaters, I still need both of them.:(

Darth Vader - Again I haven't seen one since before May 19th. 2 weeks ago I saw a deluxe Vader figure, there was only 2 on the pegs. I bought it and then a father and his kid bought the other one right as they saw me with it.

Anakin figures - scarse, but I've seen maybe one or two at TRU the past 2 weeks

Tarkin wave + - Haven't seen any trace of these figures yet, my area stores are stingy and like to play games I guess with collectors. They will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine.

Val Da Car
06-20-2005, 06:28 PM
still no tan wookies seen in some time now - but will see from store to store one of the following
a couple of brown wookies or two full pegs of em

Tan Wookies have a date code of 50661;50731;50801 and all of the dark wookies have 50801 date codes and later....