PDA

View Full Version : Death Of Skywalker/Birth Of Vader

Jek Porky 2002
05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Before seeing ROTS, I thought that Obi-Wan actually killed Anakin. He was dead, finished, gone, just an empty shell. And that the Emperor designed the suit that would get all the vital organs going again, so it was a "false life".

But in actual fact he never died, he was alive the whole time, and the suit is helping him live, rather than making him live.

I personally would prefer Anakin to have died and be "bought back to life", what are other peoples thoughts in this?

I hope you understand what I am getting at! I know what I am thinking but am finding it difficult to put into words!!

Captain Spoon
05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I would think if Vader died, and became part of the living force, that when you zombiefied him and brought him back to life he would just be a goon. I mean his connection to the force would not restore, there for he would basicly be no frigg'n good to anyone, plus the odor of keeping him around another 26 years would have been a turnoff.

El Chuxter
05-27-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm glad he didn't die. If Vader were anything other than Anakin (in other words, a Robocop-type cyborg using dead tissue), then the entire SW series would have failed in that single moment.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2005, 05:50 PM
I never got the impression that Anakin literally died before he got the suit. Nowhere in the OT does it suggest that. Sure, from Obi-Wan's point of view, Anakin died, but in a metaphorical sense, not a literal one.

2-1B
05-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Ben says that when he became Darth Vader, the good man who was Luke's father was destroyed.
Like Chux said, the whole thing kind of hinges on that. lol