PDA

View Full Version : Coolest thing EVER on a John Williams soundtrack!!

El Chuxter
05-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Though I've listened to the soundtrack for ET a billion times, it wasn't until yesterday morning I noticed that Johnny slipped a really, really cool Easter egg into the soundtrack!

Put in your CD and go to track #13 ("The Magic of Halloween"). It's a freaking awesome track, but pay very close attention between 0:44 and 0:51.

Wasn't that cool?

(I'll spill the beans later, but I want some folks to find out what this is and comment on it before I actually come out and say what it is.)

:D

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 03:05 PM
And now that I'm signing off for the weekend, I'll be left wondering for the next three days :cry: .

:p

Devo
05-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I know what you're referring to but you sound as though you want to be the one to say what it is.

Its pretty nifty. I love all the SW referances in ET. Empire Strikes Back was the most recent Star wars film at the time.

El Chuxter
05-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Eh, you can say it. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm assuming you mean the few bars of "Yoda's Theme" that play when E.T. sees the kid dressed up as our "little green friend." I don't have the CD but I noticed that a few years ago in the film and thought that was pretty cool. Good thing George and Steven are such good friends, or else Johnny probably wouldn't have been able to do that. :D

I bet that Yoda and E.T. come from the same "home" . . .

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Though I've listened to the soundtrack for ET a billion times, it wasn't until yesterday morning I noticed that Johnny slipped a really, really cool Easter egg into the soundtrack!

Aw, Chuxie! Your image in my mind has slipped a few notches. ;) You only just noticed that? Please don't tell me you also realized yesterday that Elliot shows off his vintage SW collection to ET.

Yeah, a nice touch for sure and it's unobtrusive with the rest of the track.

CaptainSolo1138
05-31-2005, 09:51 AM
My favorite part about this thread? On the main page it says "Coolest thing EVER on a John....".