PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest vintage item

LusiferSam
05-27-2005, 11:56 PM
For those that don't know, I've been transferring the photos in the old database to the new one. Right now I'm in the middle of the ROTJ figures. That's how I ran a cross this, a Warok figure (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=12388&cat=3239) on an Italian ROTJ card. That in it's self isn't too weird, it's what it's packaged with that's weird part (if you want to know you'll just have to look for your self).

So I thought I not only share this goof ball item with everyone, but also ask a question. What the weirdest, most off the wall vintage item you have or know about?

Ji'dai
05-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Boy, that is a strange juxtaposition. If that was a back-to-school item it would be easier to accept such a weird product pairing.

I can't think of anything released stateside comparable to that though.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-28-2005, 09:53 AM
For some weird reason, I seem to recall that figures would be included as a "special extra" with some non-toy items (maybe cereal or candy). Cannot for the life of me think of any specific examples, however, so it could be a made-up dream or something.

But for other weird items, I have an R2D2 ceramic mug about 6" tall. It's a solid dull gray-blue (no other colors on the "bumps" for the eye or body markings), with a handle coming out of his left leg. I'd never seen it listed anywhere, and then I was told that one of my relatives made it in a ceramics class and gave it to me as a gift.

The one vintage item I've been searching for (at the right price; I've seen it before at scalper rates) is the infamous "Darth Vadar Lives" button. Remeber (spelled that way on purpose: inside joke from high school) when "DVL" was supposed to be the next big SW phrase? ESB sure made that "mystery" obsolete. :ermm: