PDA

View Full Version : Characters you'd like to see in the TV Series

Pendo
05-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Who would you like to see, either from the movies or EU, make an appearence in the TV Series?

I'm hoping to see Boba Fett and some Clones (bringing back Tem Morrison for the clones, of course).

I would like the Emperor or Vader to make an appearence, but only as a cameo and not involving any of the major plot or anything.

Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Jar Jar, and orther senators making appearences for senate sequences and the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

Jabba the Hutt maybe?

The people I DON'T want to see are Obi-Wan, Yoda or any other Jedi. I don't wanna see Owen or Beru, or Luke or Leia.

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2005, 02:15 PM
If they decide to have characters that appeared in the films, then they HAVE to get the same actors. It would be so stupid to see some random guy playing Obi-Wan.

I think it would be cool to see Bail Organa once in a while. Jimmy Smits is always on TV anyway so I think he'd be up for it. And since she was cut from ROTS (for the most part), Mon Mothma should be in it too. I'd like to see Genevieve O'Reilly play her, but I wouldn't mind too much if it was someone else (as we never even saw her up-close in ROTS).

DarthQuack
05-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I'd like to see Boba Fett obviously, maybe some other Bounty Hunters, Figrin'Dan and the Modal Nodes :). Max Rebo, just some other cool yet overseen characters.

megaprime33
05-28-2005, 06:29 PM
First off I think they should have a jedi as the main character. Perhaps a jedi who is on the run and being hunted down by Vader and the empire. And as the main villian, Asajj Ventress. It would be perfect to have her as in a main role where she is hunting down and often confronts this one jedi but he/she always manages to escape somehow. It could follow the jedi's adventures, going from planet to planet hiding from the ever growing empire with Ventress hot on his/her trail.

trandoshan666
05-29-2005, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some of the adventures of a young Lando, Han, Chewy mixed into this thing. I think Fett, Greedo, Jabba, etc. would fit nicely into about any storyline that could develop.

JimJamBonds
05-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I think one key issue about the tv show is how long does it take place after ROTS? How long does it go on for? Does it span the entire time between ROTS and ANH? That could go towards figuring out who is all in this. Personally I like the idea of background characters showing up. I'm not even sure I'd want to see a young Han teaming up with Chewie. I'm more interested at this point at seeing some new people and not new stories for old characters....if any of that makes sense of course.

Jim Jam

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Yuzzhan Vong!! :D

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm kind of hoping that the TV show will center around Captain Antilles, C-3PO and R2-D2, along with Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar and Bail Organa. It'd be nice to see the birth of the Rebellion.

kool-aid killer
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Off the top of my head i would like to see Cindel appear in the television show. For those who might not recall her she appeared in the Ewok movies Caravan of Courage and the Battle for Endor. Maybe throw in Noa too. Have her grown up and maybe a member of the early Rebel Alliance.

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Off the top of my head i would like to see Cindel appear in the television show. For those who might not recall her she appeared in the Ewok movies Caravan of Courage and the Battle for Endor. Maybe throw in Noa too. Have her grown up and maybe a member of the early Rebel Alliance.

It's been so long since I really watched the Ewok films, but I was always under the impression that the events in those films took placed after ROTJ.

If they happened before then why wasn't Wicket able to speak english in ROTJ as he was in Battle for Endor?

In any case, although highly unlikely, it would be cool to see Lucas revisit the Ewoks.

Rogue II
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm kind of hoping that the TV show will center around Captain Antilles, C-3PO and R2-D2, along with Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar and Bail Organa. It'd be nice to see the birth of the Rebellion.

That is what I'd like to see. Leave the Jedi and other main characters from the movies out of it.

kool-aid killer
05-29-2005, 08:07 PM
It's been so long since I really watched the Ewok films, but I was always under the impression that the events in those films took placed after ROTJ.

If they happened before then why wasn't Wicket able to speak english in ROTJ as he was in Battle for Endor?

In any case, although highly unlikely, it would be cool to see Lucas revisit the Ewoks.

According to the Essential Guide to Star Wars Characters the events in Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor took place before the ROTJ. After watching them and checking with the book i too wondered why Wicket exhibited no signs of being able to speak. Probably just another continuity error, you know how that is.

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 09:11 PM
According to the Essential Guide to Star Wars Characters the events in Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor took place before the ROTJ. After watching them and checking with the book i too wondered why Wicket exhibited no signs of being able to speak. Probably just another continuity error, you know how that is.

Yeah, it's a relatively minor continuity gaff. Unless Wicket smacked himself in the head so many times with his slingshot that he lost his memory. :D

I just realized that having Mon Mothma's scenes cut completely from ROTS allows Lucas to cast someone completely different in the role if she is to be in the TV show.

Hmmmm......

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
I would just like to see some of the Alien races from the Jedi council walking arround in the back ground. Lucas spent so much time developing the design on Maul, Fisto, naga dude, mundi, koth. It would be cool to see non jedi versions to add more of a sense of a larger galaxy rather than just seeing rehashes of the same races everywhere.

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Mesa wanna see me favoroot guy. Hesa strongen! Hesa handsome!! Hesa Smartee!! And hesa one bombad general. Mesa wont ta see................
TARKIN!
Theme music starts up and the announcer says : It's the Grand Moff TARKIN show!!
Singers: Here's someone you won't take for a Larkin
Here's someone who needs front parkin
And when it's trouble you're a harkin
Oh NO! Who's that?
IT'S TARKIN!!!
Leia's vioce: Governor Tarkin only you can be so bold!!

Opening scene: Tarkin is cleaning and playing with his stuffed Ewok at his personal study. The chamber bell sounds...Tarkin rolls his eyes and goes to the comlink on his desk. He presses the button and says;
TARKIN: Come in I'm descent!
Vader comes in .....Loud applause from the audience.
TARKIN: Lord Vader...Welcome, old bean, come in come in. What adventures do you have to regale on me.
TARKIN sits in his Lazy Boy chair and puts his feet on his wookie rug.
TARKIN:Excuse my deplorable manners...Anything to drink or eat...M'Lord
Vader shakes his head no and then turns as he hears the vid screen.
TARKIN: (Screams) I AM AT MY STUDY...WHAT PART OF THAT DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MR. JERRJERROD?
JERRJERROD: It's Veers, M'Lord! The rebels exchanged a group of Imperial Officers for rebels again, sir.
-Laughs from the audience!-
TARKIN: We're at war! That's what you're supposed to do. Did you not see The Patriot or read The Art of War in the Academy?
JERRJERROD: Yes sir but apperantly Veers was duped and they were decommisioned battle droids dressed in official Imperial dress sir!
-Laughs from the Audience-
TARKIN:Who was the rebel he dealt with?
JERRJERROD: Dash Rendar, sir??
Tarkin gets up shaking his fists at the camera and pounds his chair. Vader looks at him nodding his head "no".
TARKIN: RENDAR!!!!
JERRJERROD: Here's Veers sir!
VEERS: I KNOW NOTHING! I KNOW NOTHING!! RENDAR!!!
-Laughs from the audience-
IT'S TARKIN is brought to you by Lamasil AT
The scary little pokemon looking thing has that big red eye looking at you
and says:"Hello! I'm.....AAAAAH!!"
Vader cuts him in half
VADER: He scared me too!

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Mesa wanna see me favoroot guy. Hesa strongen! Hesa handsome!! Hesa Smartee!! And hesa one bombad general. Mesa wont ta see................
TARKIN!
Theme music starts up and the announcer says : It's the Grand Moff TARKIN show!!
Singers: Here's someone you won't take for a Larkin
Here's someone who needs front parkin
And when it's trouble you're a harkin
Oh NO! Who's that?
IT'S TARKIN!!!
Leia's vioce: Governor Tarkin only you can be so bold!!

Opening scene: Tarkin is cleaning and playing with his stuffed Ewok at his personal study. The chamber bell sounds...Tarkin rolls his eyes and goes to the comlink on his desk. He presses the button and says;
TARKIN: Come in I'm descent!
Vader comes in .....Loud applause from the audience.
TARKIN: Lord Vader...Welcome, old bean, come in come in. What adventures do you have to regale on me.
TARKIN sits in his Lazy Boy chair and puts his feet on his wookie rug.
TARKIN:Excuse my deplorable manners...Anything to drink or eat...M'Lord
Vader shakes his head no and then turns as he hears the vid screen.
TARKIN:(Screams) I AM AT MY STUDY...WHAT PART OF THAT DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MR. JERRJERROD?
JERRJERROD: It's Veers, M'Lord! The rebels exchanged a group of Imperial Officers for rebels again, sir.
-Laughs from the audience!-
TARKIN: We're at war! That's what you're supposed to do. Did you not see The Patriot or read The Art of War in the Academy?
JERRJERROD: Yes sir but apperantly Veers was duped and they were decommisioned battle droids dressed in official Imperial dress sir!
-Laughs from the Audience-
TARKIN:Who was the rebel he dealt with?
JERRJERROD:Dash Rendar, sir??
Tarkin gets up shaking his fists at the camera and pounds his chair. Vader looks at him nodding his head "no".
TARKIN: RENDAR!!!!
JERRJERROD: Here's Veers sir!
VEERS: I KNOW NOTHING! I KNOW NOTHING!! RENDAR!!!
-Laughs from the audience-
IT'S TARKIN is brought to you by Lamasil AT
The scary little pokemon looking thing has that big red eye looking at you
and says:"Hello! I'm.....AAAAAH!!"
Vader cuts him in half
VADER: He scared me too!

Kinda funny... JERRJERROD does kinda make a good "Yes Man" Look out Ed McMahann.:)

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Forget Ewoks... what the masses want in the new series is LUMPY, the lump man is the Wookies Wookie! A dancing Panda Baba would rock too!:crazed:

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Fode and Beed: It's THE EWOKS/DROIDS SMILES HOUR starring:
R2D2 and C3PO
Every EWOK available
JAR JAR BINKS
CHEWBACCA Family: Itchy, Lumpy, Mara, and Tarfull and
SEBULBA!!
with special guests: Bea Arthur and Anthony Herald with Jefferson Starship and
Diahann Carroll.
And the not ready for Special Edition Players:
Jann Tosh
Kea Moll
her mom Jessica Meade
Uncle Gundy
Kez-Iban
Jord Dusat
Mara Jade
Mongo Baobab
Governor Koone
Admiral Screed
and Thall Joben
(Fode and Beed start dancing as they introduce:)
And NOW.. the Master of Ceremonies the illustrious JABBA the HUTT! (singing) LALALALALALALALALALALA!!!
JABBA: (Laughs) NATOOTA! Boga narfo tigo shabreem nagagosha naboska! (laughs)
-Audience laughs-
JABBA:AGAPUT SANADA saa SHABRIG nakada Chagoya sabbajin ni delay (laughs) JAR JAR
JAR JAR Binks: HAHAHAHA...Boss you shoure is funny! You are Muy Muy!! Macho grande burrito! Muy mUY!!

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 01:38 AM
I am still pulling for a dancing Panda Baba. Or a Galatic Ladies Man hosted by Leon Phelps.

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 01:41 AM
You mean Lando Carlirissian Phelps right Bossk 77! And his Colt .45 malt liqour, baby!

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 01:43 AM
No one got the JABBAthe Hutt Jay Leno connection in my last post!

scruffziller
05-30-2005, 01:53 AM
First off I think they should have a jedi as the main character. Perhaps a jedi who is on the run and being hunted down by Vader and the empire. And as the main villian, Asajj Ventress. It would be perfect to have her as in a main role where she is hunting down and often confronts this one jedi but he/she always manages to escape somehow. It could follow the jedi's adventures, going from planet to planet hiding from the ever growing empire with Ventress hot on his/her trail.

Can't use Assajj, I am pretty sure it was established that she was killed in the Clone Wars.;) Unless it took place during the Clone Wars before she met Dooku. In which they may explore in the CONFIRMED all-ready-working-on Clone Wars Volume 3.

Bringing in Vader to the show should be promising. As long as they still use James Earl Jones. Who knows, David Prowse may get a second chance.:D

Certainly hope it gets to the point where they do KOTOR as Lucas confirmed. So we can see Exar Kun and the gang.:cool:

It would also be cool to see Luke Skywalker(Mark Hamill) in that old wise Obi-Wan role. Maybe post-NJO.

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Let's have an hour dancing Ponda Baba show as he dances to this music
( www.hampsterdance.com)

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Time for Jedi Survivor it is!
This show, Yoda it stars
Yoda will put different contestants
in trials he will
At end the prize will worth more than money
It will be!! Recommended ages are 12 and up!

xx

Rocketboy
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Can't use Assajj, I am pretty sure it was established that she was killed in the Clone Wars.;) Check out the comic Star Wars: Obsession (#5 in particular).

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
You mean Lando Carlirissian Phelps right Bossk 77! And his Colt .45 malt liqour, baby!

That mustash has that smooth authority that all the lady beings love.... It is 2:00 in the A.M. An Lando Phelps is ready to field your questions. :D

moulman
05-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Ya I would basically like to see the formation of the Rebellion...but of course, i wouldnt mind a few cameos from the major characters. Maybe at the end of an episode here and there you see a child version of luke or leia growing up or something like that.

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Ya I would basically like to see the formation of the Rebellion...but of course, i wouldnt mind a few cameos from the major characters. Maybe at the end of an episode here and there you see a child version of luke or leia growing up or something like that.

Jake Loydd of young Anakin fame could make a comeback. The poor kid was condemed for poor writing in ep 1.

moulman
05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Jake Loydd of young Anakin fame could make a comeback. The poor kid was condemed for poor writing in ep 1.

Hey, that kid goes to my highschool; maybe I should ask him for us :D

Bossk77
05-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Go for it. Would be interesting to know if Lucas has/had contacted him.

mastermatt24
05-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow youre lucky- does he ever do autographs? By the way- how old is he (freshman huh?)?

moulman
05-30-2005, 09:04 PM
He is a Sophomore if im correct...Dont think he does autographs. Maybe I should start hangning out with him, get Lucas's number, then call George and tell him how TPM and AOTC should of been made;)

scruffziller
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM

It does say on IMDB.com he is living a normal life in Indianapolis. So that basically proves you aren't pulling our legs moulman.;)

I wonder if he went to SW Cele 3.

moulman
05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
It does say on IMDB.com he is living a normal life in Indianapolis. So that basically proves you aren't pulling our legs moulman.;)

I wonder if he went to SW Cele 3.

Why would i lie to you all?:p

I remember reading something about him having a Q and A session and C3, so i think the answer is yes

tagmac
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
This would be a good opportunity to bring back Aurra Sing. And if the rumors of Aayla Secura somehow surviving are true, then that could make for an interesting confrontation between the two.

MooMooEgg
05-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah... i really hope Aalya didnt die. I'm so in love with her.

And I'm hoping that tree or whatever blocking the view at her "death" is an impending sign of her survival. *hopes*... It could be a good way to open up the series too... reveal how she survived the clone rebellion.

MaquisWarrior
05-31-2005, 03:36 AM
I wnat to see a show about a Star Wars fan! Those are real characters

BORING!! MAN YOU GUYS ARE PUTTING ME TO SLEEP!!! And is Aayla Secura played by the girl from Playboy? Get her number instead not JAKE LLOYD's or GL's! Everybody fantasies about getting some famous person's number or getting to know somebody. Let's say they become your friend you'll see how so unlike them they really are. I worked here as a studio guard in Hollywood for Techincolor and I can attest that even I can get a hot popular actress at work. Let's use Natalie Portman, for example (this is just an example okay; pretend), you become her friend, maybe her lover, doesn't matter....she will only want you around on her time off. She needs little something at 3am, will you be there? Liars! Maybe the first week you'll be her willing love slave until you realize..hey, I need MY SLEEP at 3am. Then she'll be angry at you and come to the conclusion that you wanted her for her fame only, or that's the excuse she'll come up with while she's using the next fanboy loser. They're not all DUMB like Britney and give up everything for someone smarter than her; hey Federline convinced her to leave her $1 billion career to be a "mommy". How's he going to support her?

MaquisWarrior
05-31-2005, 04:14 AM
Here's a better show: JAR TREK

JAR JAR: Spacen dee fin of frontier. Thesa been voyages of Stasheep Entapise!Whosa continue mission. To been explorin newsa worlds. Seeken new life. To gonen wherea no Gunga is going prievious!

KIRK KIRK:Capten's Logg. Staday one twentytwosa annen gofo matifi. Is loong journey wesa going to. Very Muy Muy. Secreten impotant meeson. General very bombad He's a calin and wantin for JAR JAR to akfa tiki myfriend cola.

Hes turnin to Meesta Spaaken sais: Reeporto Meesta Spocken!

SPOCKEN:Capten wesa in big doo-doo. Me calculate and prostulate wesa going Muy Muy and alien comin at speedo too fasten then speedin bullet OY VEY!
DR. DOCTOR:Jim Jim WESA GONNA DIE. WESA GOING BIG CRUNCHEN AND THISEN GREEN BLUDDED NOGOODNIK SAYS MUY MUY.
KIRK KIRK:Yousa guys bombad! No crunchen, smooshin each other! WESA HIT!
DAMGEN REPORTO MEESTIR SOOLOOOT!
SOOLOOT: Ah Yes! Wesa been hit Capten!
KIRK KIRK: EVASEN ACTION MEESTA CHEK CHEK!
CHEK CHEK: Wesa going down, KIPTEN!
KIRK KIRK: NOTSA I CANNA HELP IT!
SNOTT: SNOTT HERE KAPTAN
KIRK KIRK: WHATSAN NOT THERE MEESTIR SNOTT? NEVER MIND! UHOOHOO OPENEN CHANNELO HAIL THEM!
UHOOHOO: No needen to yellen Captan yousa online now!
KIRK KIRK: ALIEN SHEEP! ALIEN SHEEP! IFIN YOUSA CAN HEREUS....WESA DON'T WANNA DIE! PLEASEN SHOWEN MERCY! NO KILL I?

The Whills
05-31-2005, 04:30 AM
Can't use Assajj, I am pretty sure it was established that she was killed in the Clone Wars.;) Unless it took place during the Clone Wars before she met Dooku. In which they may explore in the CONFIRMED all-ready-working-on Clone Wars Volume 3.

Bringing in Vader to the show should be promising. As long as they still use James Earl Jones. Who knows, David Prowse may get a second chance.:D

Certainly hope it gets to the point where they do KOTOR as Lucas confirmed. So we can see Exar Kun and the gang.:cool:

It would also be cool to see Luke Skywalker(Mark Hamill) in that old wise Obi-Wan role. Maybe post-NJO.

Actually, Asaaj Ventress is still at large, according to the episode III visual dictionary. If the visual dictionaries are canon anyway.
What the heck does KOTOR stand for?

MaquisWarrior
05-31-2005, 04:55 AM
The DUNE SEA

Theme Lyrics (tune of the OC theme song California Here I Come):

Tatoonie naad hsada goyoka
natootdada naga bah
Gaga Shooto nobratatap
Tatoonie, Tatoonie

Sorry that's all I got!

CaptainSolo1138
05-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah... i really hope Aalya didnt die. I'm so in love with her.

And I'm hoping that tree or whatever blocking the view at her "death" is an impending sign of her survival. *hopes*... It could be a good way to open up the series too... reveal how she survived the clone rebellion.
It didn't work for John Dilllenger, Biggie, 2pac, Bonnie and Clyde, or James Garfield. Bullets (or lasers, whatever the case may be) kill people. When a character in a movie is shown being shot (many, many times) it should be assumed that they are, in fact, very much dead unless otherwise specified. :p

DarkArtist
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
You do need to have some major characters in the show. Vader Emperor, stormies...... Boba fett wquld be cool as well. And even though the show could stand on it own without kenobi, luke or leia little scenes with them wouldn't be so bad. look at star trek enterprise, the first episode had both kirk and spock as young kids...

El Chuxter
05-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I think the younglings had a better chance of surviving ROTS than did Aayla. The girl is dead. It's a tragedy for someone so beautiful to be gunned down for about twenty minutes straight, true, but let it go. She didn't make it. She's dead. Care for me to go on?

Lucas has already confirmed the live-action show takes place between ROTS and ANH. That limits our possibilities.

My #1 choice: Asajj Ventress. . . but as a hero. Think about it. Before she is believed to have died in Obsession #5, she has been been betrayed by Dooku and warns Obi-Wan of the impending attack on Coruscant. She comes out of her trance and wants to go as far from the Jedi and Dooku as possible. She's confused, she realizes she was misled. She hates the corruption of the government, and at this point isn't sure whether her vendetta against the Jedi was justified.

Imagine her reaction when she learns that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person, and that the entire war was a sham for Palpatine to take over. Add to that the fact that Vader (assuming there's a way for her to learn this detail, of course) killed children in cold blood. She's been ruthless, but not to that extent. Throw in the annoying detail that everyone trained in the Jedi arts who isn't working directly for Palpatine is now wanted dead, not alive, and you have the perfect basis for the series.

MooMooEgg
05-31-2005, 06:06 PM
*cries for aayla*

lol

moulman
05-31-2005, 08:02 PM
What about a series on the Galatic Senate? It is still in tact until the begining of ANH

MaquisWarrior
06-01-2005, 06:50 AM
The Droids of Hazzard

Theme: Just the good ol' droids
Never meanin no harm
Beats all you ever saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born....

Narrator:Friends and neighbors looks like that mean old Boss Nast is up to
his old tricks again...He has come up with a sceme to trick the good ol' Droids
out their farm.
Boss Nast: Them Droid boys think theysa better than the Gungan. They so smartee. I gotsa plan to git them out of they farm once and for all. Roscoe Binks! Git your bomachas over here boy!
Narrator: But them old Droid boys were just having an ordinary day. They were visiting at Crazy Watto's garage. That skinny one, his name is Bo Battle Droid the other there is Luke Skywalker and the one with the too tight little girl shorts is Daisy Leia and the oldie but goodie there is Uncle Gundy (Owen was unavailable). He is as old as Yoda and smelled like him too.
Luke:This is stupid.
Watto: You is a tellin' me boy!
Gundy: Tarnations Leia why'd you put on britches and taken off your shorts.
Leia: They were cutting off my circulation. You wear them.
Battle Droid:Roger,Roger!
Watto: Hey boy whereas you goink, eh?
Luke:I'm outta here ....THIS SHOW SUCKS and now that Leia put her pants back on we're cancelled! I'M GONE...SEE YA..BYE, BYE, BABY.
Narrator:Now friends and neighbors, what do you think he meant by that?

----------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The DROIDS of

Kyle Katarn
06-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Bail Organa
Grand Moff Tarkin
Chewbacca

Maybe Lando....

MaquisWarrior
06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Yo! WTF happened to the rest of "The Droids of Hazzard"? Wierd....even for me!!
I apologize for taking too much space. Honest!
Damn you MSN!!!

darthvyn
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I think the younglings had a better chance of surviving ROTS than did Aayla. The girl is dead. It's a tragedy for someone so beautiful to be gunned down for about twenty minutes straight, true, but let it go. She didn't make it. She's dead. Care for me to go on?

Lucas has already confirmed the live-action show takes place between ROTS and ANH. That limits our possibilities.

My #1 choice: Asajj Ventress. . . but as a hero. Think about it. Before she is believed to have died in Obsession #5, she has been been betrayed by Dooku and warns Obi-Wan of the impending attack on Coruscant. She comes out of her trance and wants to go as far from the Jedi and Dooku as possible. She's confused, she realizes she was misled. She hates the corruption of the government, and at this point isn't sure whether her vendetta against the Jedi was justified.

Imagine her reaction when she learns that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person, and that the entire war was a sham for Palpatine to take over. Add to that the fact that Vader (assuming there's a way for her to learn this detail, of course) killed children in cold blood. She's been ruthless, but not to that extent. Throw in the annoying detail that everyone trained in the Jedi arts who isn't working directly for Palpatine is now wanted dead, not alive, and you have the perfect basis for the series.

i'm diggin' it, because what's star wars without lightsabers??? you need to have lightsabers. i mean, the organa/3p0/r2 thing might fly, but it's still gonna be more like babylon 5 than star wars.

lightsabers, man. lightsabers.

El Chuxter
06-02-2005, 05:36 PM
i'm diggin' it, because what's star wars without lightsabers??? you need to have lightsabers. i mean, the organa/3p0/r2 thing might fly, but it's still gonna be more like babylon 5 than star wars.

lightsabers, man. lightsabers.

That's how Asajj, one of the very few folks remaining in the galaxy who can use a lightsaber, comes in. :)

darthvyn
06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
yeah, i was agreeing with you. i want to see either asajj or some new jedi that survived the purges (so far... :evil: ) finding their place in the galaxy... and the formation of the rebellion.

star wars: rebellion

sounds like a good title...

Mad Slanted Powers
06-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Since it is between Episode III and IV, I think the Han Solo Trilogy by AC Crispin would be a great series. There is enough there to spread out over an entire TV season. I thought it did an excellent job of fitting with the OT, other EU books and comics as well as the old Han Solo and Lando adventures written in late 70's & early 80's.

Also, if you want to use the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as inspiration, you could have something like the Young Luke Skywalker/Young Princess Leia Chronicles. The episodes of Young Indy that I saw alternated between very young Indy episodes and late teen Indy episodes. The Star Wars series could alternate between Luke episodes and Leia episodes. We could see Luke growing up and hanging out with his friends, and maybe on a rare occasion Ben would show up. Meanwhile, we could see young Leia and life on Alderaan as she is groomed to be a senator and rebellion leader. Both of these stories could be playing against the backdrop of what is happening with the Empire and Rebel Alliance.

Another idea would be a Jedi on the run concept. We would get to see Jedi that survived the initial purge trying to stay alive, perhaps trying to find other Jedi, all while trying to avoid being caught by the Empire.

Those are probably the three ideas I would like to see the most.

If they ever do something from a different time period, I would choose the X-Wing series of books, or Tales of the Jedi/Knights of the Old Republic era stories. I've not read any NJO yet, but it sounds like that would be a good choice too. That's far enough after the OT that some of the OT cast could be in it. Or maybe just a post NJO series focusing on Jedi where Mark Hamill appeared from time to time as the wise old Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

MaquisWarrior
06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Win Wat Tambors' money..

Watto:Tody contestant smelly human! And Here's your host Sebulba!!! SEBULBA!!
How's the lawsuit against the Indian Casino goink, eh??
Sebulba:Shhota!....Human, naa pudoo ha wata narr shaka laka todak getew tawa?
Human dude: Huh?
Sebulba:Noooo! Satata! Tmabor...
Tambor:shhhhikkk....Rodney...gasp.....crakkkka..po otpoot..Rodney.....HeeeepT!.... It's Rodney King and Reginald Denny!
(Bells sound)
Sebubla:GOOONTA! GOONTA! Hanka naks etad dosoa......Human?
Human dude: WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY????
Sebulba: Tmabor?
Tambor: Hilary Rodham Clinton!
Subulba:GOONTA! Ahhhh.. human... bantha poodoo bye bey...

Nah let's change the channel:

Theme music:
I Dream of Aayla Secura

NAH! SUCKS!!! Next...

MaquisWarrior
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
It's Blue Lightsaber Comedy

With Master Qui-Gon Foxworthy, Yoda the Jedi master Guy "Done her get!", and Obi-Wan "Here's your sign" Kenobi!

Qui-Gon: Huh?...Hello, people? ...Yes, OH! You might be a Jedi..if all you eat are Lava Berry Pop-Tarts in last night's robes....You might be a Jedi if your idea of fun is racing little boys in dangerous pod races...You might be a Jedi if you say so.... Enjoy our show.
Yoda: Time for tales with Yoda it is! Let's see little Red Riding Hood! Yoda knows not how this will end, younglings, or does he? Hmmmmm.....

THIS SUCKS! NEXT....

Kayyyshk Girls

Roary: GRRRRAAAHHHH!
LORELEI: WOOOF BOWWOW YAGGGH BUUGGSA!

MaquisWarrior
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Parody
Jealous guy: Duh! Hey Warrior do you think your funny wasting poeple time likw dat?
(Three threads later..)
Jealous guy: Hey imagine a Gilmore Girls with Wookies, or I dream of Aayla Secura! Hyuck, huck!

Mad Slanted Powers
06-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Apparently the transfer from the Pegasus to the Atlantia is having adverse effects on you MaquisWarrior.

James Boba Fettfield
06-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Sure would be nice if we could keep the oddball parody stuff somewhere else. Maybe a topic in the other forum would be a better place for it. This really isn't the thread for coming up with SW parody ideas of existing television shows.

jjreason
06-04-2005, 01:02 AM
I agree with Vyn, it's got to have lightsabers. I think we should be introduced to a couple of young Jedi that somhow avoided the purge and see them on the run, trying to avoid the Imps and Sith. We should see Vader and the Emperor. We should see Mon Mothma and Bail Organa and the surreptitious beginnings of the Rebellion. We should see Kashyyyk and Alderaan and Mygeeto and Felucia and Utapau, to see how the inhabitants are affected by the "new" political environment. There are tons of aspects that they can touch on - and I don't think they need to weave everything together, that always seems too contrived.

What I DON'T need to see is any more about Boba Fett. I've seen enough.

El Chuxter
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Oooh! I got it!

A Miley Cyrus-inspired Padawan to appeal to young girls. Put her in a bikini, and it appeals to boys (and disturbed older fanboys), too!

Rocketboy
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Oooh! I got it!

A Miley Cyrus-inspired Padawan to appeal to young girls. Put her in a bikini, and it appeals to boys (and disturbed older fanboys), too!Next you'll tell me that she'd be Anakin's padawan. That is too f*cking dumb, even for Lucasfilm.

What next, giving Jabba a son?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Oooh! I got it!

A Miley Cyrus-inspired Padawan to appeal to young girls. Put her in a bikini, and it appeals to boys (and disturbed older fanboys), too!
I don't think Hannah Montana was even around when they started designing/making this show in 2005, was it?

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I have no idea. You're the one who was in the target age group five years ago.

However, if you can look at that animation and honestly tell me you believe they were really working on this five years back (rather than just saying they were, which, IIRC, they didn't even do until three years ago), I have a beautiful and historic bridge in New York City you might be interested in. :)

Blue2th
08-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I would like to see characters re-used from Clone Wars 1 in the new series.
Though wait, maybe not, because then they would waste plastic on making them animated...nevermind.

I still would like to see more figures done from the cartoon series in real style.
I think Hasbro hit it out of the ballpark with wave 2 of the Legacy line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I have no idea. You're the one who was in the target age group five years ago.

However, if you can look at that animation and honestly tell me you believe they were really working on this five years back (rather than just saying they were, which, IIRC, they didn't even do until three years ago), I have a beautiful and historic bridge in New York City you might be interested in. :)
Five years ago? You better check your calendar, since 2005 was three years ago. :p I know they started designing this show back then, from concept art I've seen.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I must've read your post wrong. I thought you said 2003.

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I would like to see something similair to Blake's 7, now I will explain, Blake's 7 were a ragtag band of thieves and scoundrels who was led by Blake a freedom fighter, now if this aint ringing of Star Wars I dont know what is, anycase they went up against the Federation (read Imperials) and tried to start a rebellion, hmmmm sounding the same so far.

Now in this team you had Blake (lets just leave him as your freedom fighter leader), then you had Avon (computer genius anti-hero), Cally (She was a telepath, so lets say Jedi Knight), Gan (Well big strong, your veritable Wookiee), Villa (well you always need a thief), Jenna (she's your smuggler).

Then in the Federation you Had Commander Travis (typical evil bad ***) and Servelan (who was scheming and under handed, your more genius bad guy).

So if they did something like this in that you had a ship full off misfits working as a team trying to start a rebellion on different worlds and damaging the empire as they went I think this would work for the live action TV series.
__________________________________________________ _____________
As for who I would like to see appear in the Clone Wars well I would like to see Master K'Kruhk and Ad-Mundi, also would like to see Durge re-appear.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
That sounds exactly like ANH.

Bosskman
08-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Assaj had no qualms about killing Rotta and he was a youngling. She would have done it if it were not for Anakin and his posse. I think she'd be pretty impressed at him killing all those younglings in the Temple. The only thing I like about Ventess is how Dooku, Obi-Wan, Palpy and pretty much everybody else treat her like the carp she is...

Neuroleptic
08-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't mind the occasonal camio of characters from either series so long as they got the same people to play them (within reason. Obviously IF Luke, Han, Leia, etc ever showed up, they would have to be played by younger actors. But it would have to be one heck of a good story line, and only be a temporary part).

Darth Vader could show up on one or two occasons, but I wouldn't want it to be about him either.

I think they should use new characters or perhaps carefully chosen back ground characters as the main people in the show.

I'd like to see the beginnings of the rebellion, as well as them failing almost constantly, just bairly able to stay afloat.

I'm looking forward to the live action series, but I have my doubts on if it will be good or not. It all depends on acting and directing.

Rocketboy
08-31-2008, 09:52 PM
The only thing I like about Ventess is how Dooku, Obi-Wan, Palpy and pretty much everybody else treat her like the carp she is...Yeah, its like they know how much of a lame character she is.

jedibear
08-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Since it's unclear which series is being speculated on and wish-listed here, I'll throw some bones out there for both of 'em...

For Clone Wars, well...I think we already know what we're gonna see. I'm going to hold out some hope that the focus will shift occasionally from Annie and his Bratz Jedi to some clone or other Jedi action/drama. I hope so anyway...because week after week of her sassy, cute giving everything an adorable nickname thing is gonna get old quick...no wait. It already is.
It's called "Clone wars"....let's get some clones please.

As for the live-action show...I'm really gonna go off the reservation here and wish for something that'll never happen. No, not an endless stream of "Oooo, do you know who that is?" cameos or the obvious routes like bounty hunter of the week or which Jedi in hiding is running fugitive-style from Imperials this week...
What I'd love to see is the writers turn to the books for inspiration for characters or situations...one example being Ferus Olin from Jude Watson's fine young reader books (now there was someone who knew how to write about life as a young Jedi...no contemporary sass and backtalk here, just well-rendered drama of the struggles of living in a closed society of Padawan learning at the Jedi temple, unlike what we're seeing in the new animated series...but I digress) or another option would be someone like a young Mara Jade being swept into the Imperial life...or just an ordinary galactic citizen and their struggle against the expanding Empire without having the force to count on...perhaps even joining the Empire thinking it's a great thing and finding out it's not and working from within for the Rebellion. Pulling for some inspiration from some SW sources other than just the films would be a great draw for longtime fans and be an interesting way to get the series going...but it'll never happen.

But, judging from the new animated series, I think we're gonna get something "safe" and all-too-familiar instead of really going outside the box. Hope I'm wrong, but...we'll see in a few years I guess.

Rocketboy
08-31-2008, 10:37 PM
For Clone Wars, well...I think we already know what we're gonna see. I'm going to hold out some hope that the focus will shift occasionally from Annie and his Bratz Jedi to some clone or other Jedi action/drama. I hope so anyway...because week after week of her sassy, cute giving everything an adorable nickname thing is gonna get old quick...no wait. It already is.
It's called "Clone wars"....let's get some clones please.Its been confirmed numerous times that Clone Wars will indeed have episodes that feature clones and other Jedi (much like the first series).
Undoubtedly, there will be plenty of Anakin-centered episodes though.

cookiemonster
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
That sounds exactly like ANH.
I knew I liked my idea for some reason, lol.

Qui-Long Gone
09-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see an episode with ewoks.....:thumbsup: Maybe they meet C3PO, Chewie, and R2.

Hey, when did continuity ever matter in this series?

I hope to see the Falcon (not a character in one sense, but a type of character in another).