PDA

View Full Version : So...what's the best mp3 player???

EricRG
05-28-2005, 09:47 PM
I love Apple and am quite partial to the iPod. But what do you all have, why did you get it, and what do you like/dislike about it?

DarthQuack
05-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I got my iPod in Crossgates Mall right in Guilderland seeing as you're from Albany just like me, and I love it, I've had it over 2 years now.

darko666
05-28-2005, 11:26 PM
well i'm a Mac man, so i got the ipod and it was well worth it. it's easy to transfer music and it uploads very fast from my Mac G4 to my ipod. it's easy to delete and add music to the ipod. the ipod never leaves my side.

EricRG
05-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Yes, the Apple store in Xgates is prolly where I would get it, if I chose to get an iPod. Also, since I work for a school (RPI) I will get an educational discount (it's not all that much, really...maybe $25 on the 20GB).

What accessories did you guys get? Do you use it in your car?

DarthQuack
05-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Well for one, I would advise against getting the horribly overpriced Mini iPod and just stick with the regular one for 300 bucks. I picked up the iTrip to use in my car which is great for long car trips. Other than that I just needed to pick up a Firewire card cause I don't have a MAC.

LusiferSam
05-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Like darko666, I'm a Mac fanatic so an iPod was clearly the best chose of a MP3 player for me. It's small, easy to use, has tons of capacity, and interfaces with my G3 like a dream. On the other hand I really didn't like the battery life, its too short. I replace my original battery with a new higher capacity one a couple months ago, so I also wish that were easier to do also.

EricRG
06-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I knoww SirSteve is basically advertising iPods on the site ;) ,but does anyone have any sort of complaints about their iPod? How long have you had it for?

megaprime33
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
What happens when you don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars for an mp3 player? What do you buy then?

sith_killer_99
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Well, I couldn't afford to drop hundreds of dollars on an iPod, and I wanted something a little more...compact. So I ended up buying a Creative MuVo TX FM. It's small, comes with an arm strap and holder and it doubles as a memory stick. The stick plugs directly into a USB port and then you can plug it into the power pack. The player has nice simple controls and it works great for working out at the gym or just listening to music on the go. I paid around $85 or so, I can't remember the exact price, but it was under $100.00.

It is much more limited than an iPod and mine only has 256MB of memory (8 hours WMA or 4 hours MP3) but it also has a built in FM radio and it can record personal messages, notes, reminders, etc. Here is the link:

http://www.nomadworld.com/products/muvo_txfm/

So there you have it, the MP3 player for the...thrifty. ;)