PDA

View Full Version : Can Plo Koon and other Jedi speak basic?

BoShek
05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
This has been bugging me: can Plo Koon, and other Jedi masters that don't have lines in the movie, speak basic? I wonder what they would sound like ...

Sith Lord 0498
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
This has been bugging me: can Plo Koon, and other Jedi masters that don't have lines in the movie, speak basic? I wonder what they would sound like ...

It would certainly give the Jedi Council scenes more drama and interaction. By the time ROTS came around, I was so sick of hearing the sessions be a predominantly two-way discussion between Mace and Yoda. Let the rest have a voice too. It's like they're all Mace' b**ches!!!

JimJamBonds
05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I think that they can speak Basic, or if not I'm sure they have some sort of translator type thingy that converts their speach into Basic.

I agree that a few more masters could have spoken, it was too Yoda/Mace 'heavy'.... what about the poor humps that only get to see the backs of the visitors since everybody has to face Yoda and Mace??? Shouldn't they get some love to?

Jim Jam

General_Grievous
05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
According to the script, both Plo Koon and Aayla Secura had lines shortly before they were killed, but they were (ruthlessly) cut from the movie. Whether or not they spoke basic remains to be seen.

Bossk77
05-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I would have liked to have FIsto say somehing... Maybe the rest of the council is just Yes Men like Ed McMahon.... On that note, what happed to that naga like jedi on the council?

figrin bran
05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
In the Clone Wars, we hear many of the Jedi speaking in basic - Saesee Tinn, Luminara, Bariss, Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar, K'Kruhk. However, some like Foul Moudama and Roron Corrob do not.

Grif
05-30-2005, 03:11 PM
It's truly a tradgedy to me that Plo Koon never spoke in the movies cause he is my favorite Jedi. I wish that we could have heard more Jedi speak in the movie, in fact the only Jedi that we hear ever speak in the prequels (besides the ones you hear screaming in the arena in AOTC) are: Qui-Gon, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, and Ki Adi-Mundi. Only 6 we actually hear speak and we see hundreds of them.

PloKoon2385
06-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I would also have liked to see more Jedi speak. However, I assume that they all spoke Basic. It is obvious that they understood Basic. In the comics, you can see that they all speak Basic, but that is not a 100% reliable source, considering it is EU.

plokoon421
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
If anyone remembers the Obi-Wan game for X-BOX, Plo Koon had a killer sounding voice, Vader-eque sound, mechanical and processed, almost like Grievous from episode 20 of Clone Wars cartoon.

Veers
06-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I was wondering the same thing myself.

http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/news/newsimages27/kitmacepalpatine.jpg

Jek Porky 2002
06-06-2005, 08:29 AM
According to the script, both Plo Koon and Aayla Secura had lines shortly before they were killed, but they were (ruthlessly) cut from the movie. Whether or not they spoke basic remains to be seen.

That would have been cool!

I imagine that Aayla would speak basic, but Plo may be some different language and need to be subtitled.

I did relise the other day that there are no sub-titles in Episode III, there has been in ALL of the others!