PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary of the POTF2 line!

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I just realized that it has been ten years since the release of the POTF2 line and the dramatic return of Star Wars to mainstream consciousness.

To put this in perspective, the POTF1 line was only ten years old when the POTF2 line premiered and vintage Star Wars figures had only been out of stores for 8 years (if you count the Droids and Ewoks line) when the red carded figures first hit shelves.

So how much longer until the muscular Luke and monkey-faced Leia are considered vintage classics? :stupid: :D

DTMAN
06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, it is hard to believe.
It seems such a simplier time back then.

If only the figures matched the packaging back then. Also, used Kenner logo.
It is not that Kenner/Hasbro could not have done it...that is another story.

Figures better now, but still disappointed in packaging.

As to value, probably another 15-20 years, but only certain ones and the variants.

Thank you.

Slicker
06-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow this makes me feel old. I've been at it since about 96' I think and here it is nearly 10 years and probably tens of thousands of dollars but it's all been worth it.

Here's to another 10 years of collecting!!

Kidhuman
06-04-2005, 12:52 AM
What a long starnge trip its been.

Ten years is a long time. I hope it goes for another ten. I have to have a hobby and dont want to look for another one

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Just think another 20 years there will be a whole new set of SW films and figures to go with them. SW will always be around.;)

sith_killer_99
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Just think another 20 years there will be a whole new set of SW films and figures to go with them. SW will always be around.

:eek:

A new set of films?!?!

vader121
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I savor that feeling I had when I first stumbled on the POTF2 figures in a Spencers back in '95 (I think). I bought as many as I could and went back a few days later to buy more. That got the ball rolling and now after 10 years I still enjoy this hobby.

waboritas
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I guess I got going in early '97 and at the time I was only going to buy Han Solo figs. I bought the 12" and the 3.75" Han on steroids (good to see Hasbro bucked the trend and got everyone off the 'roids ahead of the controversary pro sports leagues are dealing with these days). I can just see Lucas at the senate congressional hearings justifying that Mark Hammil, did not need performance enhancing drugs to use the force. Sorry to get off subject, I couldn't help getting that in there. Then Caldor closed and marked everything down. I bought the Millenium Falcon, all FX figs and got on my way. From there the rest is history. At the time, the detail level was so far advanced over the original Kenner line and the figures have really evolved over the years. I guess I would consider myself a purist and would rather have what we got for POTF2 over the action features we see now. I'm glad they did it and that I have been able to take up a hobby that I had as a kid. I look forward to passing this on to my children.

Jek Porky 2002
06-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Wow, Ten years!!

The steroid figures were great!! Luke was massive and Han had a massive chest that stuck out! I remember that my Han Solo never stood up properly.

Why did they used to make toys so muscley?

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 05:46 PM
good times...thats when I truly became a collector...my little brother would open them up, and Id keep them in the packaging as long as I could...heres to another 10...

DiminutiveJedi
07-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Everybody my brother and I knew, knew we loved Star Wars.
Needless to say we got about four Lukes and Hans each.
We opened and destroyed every single one of them.
We were young...