PDA

View Full Version : What's this gold mini EpIII Anakin lightsaber I found??

slothfurnace
05-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey all,, Just joined today after swinging through Best Buy and picking up 2 mini lightsabers.

I got the Sidious Best Buy exclusive, and a Ep3 Anakin Skywalker lightsaber. As soon as my wife and I got to the place we were going to eat, I opened them and much to my surprise, the Anakin was totally gold plated! I almost took it back thinking it was a manufacturing error or something. I thought it was a mistake. I had no idea these sabers were even available, let alone gold plated.

When I got home and started researching, it looks like I seem to have found one of the "rare" gold plated Anakin Ep3 lightsabers. Any ideas out there if it's true? or how much it's worth? I haven't been able to find out much online, and it says no where on the box that it could include random gold plated sabers.

Any help or info would be great.
Thanks much,

Brad

Jayspawn
05-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the Boards slothfurnace! For every 'x' amount of Mini-Lightsabers, there are 'x' amount of Gold sabers. I have 4 Gold sabers myself. They're pretty nifty. Some of them go for quite a bit of $ online (like Ebay and other places). Some for not so much but it depends, the prices go up and down. Master Replicas doesnt say anything about them, they're not actually listed as a different item. Its really a random saber.

Stalecracker
05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Right now on EBay, you could probably get around 100+ dollars for it. If not more-

That would buy a bunch of mini sabers!!!

Congrats!

slothfurnace
05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey, Thanks for the welcome, Jayspawn..

After doing the research on these minis, I really want to expand my collection. I think they're absolutely great!

I am a SW collector, and even have one of the original Icons New Hope Lightsaber replicas from a few years back, but I never heard of these minis till today.

I have since found out that Icons is kaput, and Master Replicas is filling the void. I must say, I am very pleased with the job they're doing.

Here's hoping to find some more of these sweet mini replicas, as the full size ones are a bit pricey.

------------------
www.nonentity.com (http://www.nonentity.com/)
http://www.nonentity.com/public/MRMinis.jpg

slothfurnace
05-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Stalecracker,

While I could get a good return on my investment,, I think I'll keep my one Gold saber, instead of trading it in on 3 non goldies.

heh, it is tempting tho,, if I keep my luck up and pick nothing but gold ones :)
------------------
www.nonentity.com (http://www.nonentity.com/)
http://www.nonentity.com/public/MRMinis.jpg

Stalecracker
05-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Slothfurnace-

I agree. I recently won an AOTC gold Obi Wan mini when MR was doing their contest thingy here. I am torn between keeping it and selling it. I have all the minis as of now and cannot WAIT for the Yoda and "real" Darth Sidious... BY the way- if you join the Collectors Club (which I highly reccomend) you'll get the Darth Maul full saber this June. It's a CC exclusive.
:D

slothfurnace
05-29-2005, 10:21 PM
How many minis are there? I know of the Anakin and Best Buy Exclusive Sidious,, which I have both of,,

and the Obi wan which I will get tomorrow prolly, but that's the only 3 I saw.

Where would I pick up any others?

Yeah, after looking around, I think I will join up on MR Collectors Club,, I looked and it was down for now,, but I know I want to when it's back up.

Stalecracker
05-29-2005, 11:04 PM
There's 9 I believe... not including the exclusives.

Here's some of them http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=10

You can get GREAT deals on EBay if you're diligent.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Master Replicas glod plates 5% of the total production number. If they make, say 3,000 mini sabers, they will produce 150 gold sabers.

Personally I do not like the gold sabers. I had the opportunity to see several close up at CIII and I just don't like the look of 'em.

To be honest, if I did find one I would sell it and use the money to put towards a full scale saber. :D

Chimera
05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
There are currently 10 different minis that have shipped, with 4 more officially announced (not counting variants):

Luke ROTJ
Obi AOTC
Mace AOTC
Vader ANH
Dooku AOTC
Maul TPM Battle Damaged
Obi ROTS
Anakin ROTS
Sidious ROTS
Obi ANH (multiple versions)

coming soon :
Maul TPM full size (collector's society only)
Yoda ROTS
Dooku ROTS
Vader ROTS

Sith Lord 0498
05-30-2005, 08:45 AM
How many minis are there? I know of the Anakin and Best Buy Exclusive Sidious,, which I have both of,,

and the Obi wan which I will get tomorrow prolly, but that's the only 3 I saw.

Where would I pick up any others?

Yeah, after looking around, I think I will join up on MR Collectors Club,, I looked and it was down for now,, but I know I want to when it's back up.

Try Target and Wal-Mart's online sites. They still have the older ones in stock.

DarthQuack
05-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Slothfurnace-

I agree. I recently won an AOTC gold Obi Wan mini when MR was doing their contest thingy here. I am torn between keeping it and selling it. I have all the minis as of now and cannot WAIT for the Yoda and "real" Darth Sidious... BY the way- if you join the Collectors Club (which I highly reccomend) you'll get the Darth Maul full saber this June. It's a CC exclusive.

Can you give me any info on the Collectors Society if at all possible? I went to the website and that one page is under construction. How much would it be to join if you know? And is the Maul saber you're talking about going to be an F/X Saber? Thanks.

Chimera
05-30-2005, 11:21 AM
It's $59.95 to join the Collector's Society (only by phone right now), and you get a full size mini (as opposed to the current battle damaged half mini), over $300 in coupons for future MR purchases, chances to buy collectors exclusives (such as the upcoming Luke ANH Elite Edition) etc. It's worth joining just for the maul saber if you collect minis.

nash
06-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Slothfurnace-

Stalecracker, could you tell me how i can join up with the Collectors Club and also how much is the membership?

If you sign up you get the Maul full saber for free?

Stalecracker
06-03-2005, 04:11 AM
nash-

the total is 64.90 for the Collectors Club. The Full Maul Mini comes with it along with 300.00 in coupons and a card and pin (I think...) All in all, it is a SWEET deal. You can call 1-800-REPLIKA and sign up. The Full Maul ships in July and I think the Club coupons and other stuff is sometime this month. :classic:

nash
06-04-2005, 07:19 AM
I think its 1-866-REPLIKA, i tried calling today the guy said it would take about 4 weeks, which is basically July.