PDA

View Full Version : What ROTS main character figures do you still want?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
This includes resculpts of previously-made figures plus non-made main characters. I made a thread for TPM, AOTC, and OT figures a while ago, but ROTS deserves its own.

*Darth Vader (Sith Lord) - Why we don't have an Anakin with yellow and red eyes is beyond me. This should be similar to the #50 figure in the way that he has removable limbs, but before he got burned up. This figure should also be able to recreate the Mustafar duel and Jedi Temple Massacre. I don't care much about articulation on this one as the Evolutions ROTS Anakin looks great in that department. Includes left arm, legs, lightsaber, cloak.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master) - If we don't get an Evolutions set for Obi-Wan, then this should be the same quality. Includes lightsaber, cloak.
*Padmé - Any and all costumes that she wore. This film shouldnt be as hard to tackle as TPM and AOTC, since she wore fewer costumes.
*Emperor Palpatine (Galactic Emperor) - I'm not too keen on the deluxe version of the costume he wore when he announced the Empire, and his face was always messed up at that point.
*Emperor Palpatine (Senate Duel) - In the robe he wore when he dueled Yoda. Maybe this could even be a deluxe figure with a senate pod that he could "launch" at Yoda?

I'll think of more later, but feel free to post yours too.

Devo
05-30-2005, 03:04 PM
So far we haven't gotten what I would call 'proper' versions of any ROTS main characters. Now if Dooku had been a main character his figure would be 'proper' but he's only in the film for about 3 minutes.

Main characters then are Anakin, Obi-wan, padme, palpatine, Yoda and perhaps Mace Windu I assume??

A superarticulated Obi-wan with cloth robe (true I'm not a great fan of soft goods jedi robes but in this case..) would suit just about any scene in the film. Everyone would buy this figure, even those who cannot tolerate soft goods at all, because of, hopefully, well disguised but useful articulation. Plus Red leader Obi-wan looks pretty good with the plastic robe.

Anakin with Mustufar robe (plastic) hood up and arms crossed (a preposed figure or preferably one with articulated arms and robe like Agen Kolars with removeable arm parts)

Superarticulated Anakin with cloth robe and removeable lower legs (plugs on the detacheable parts, sockets on the upper) and arm.

Superarticulated Mace Windu (and a normal facial expression for once) with cloth robe

Neutral pose Mace Windu with plastic robe

An action-featureless Yoda with focus purely on giving us a decent well painted sculpt.

A superarticulated Yoda with removeable robe

Palpatine figures most definitely without action features and gimmicks, this cannot be stressed enough. Palpatine 35 and deluxe emperor are 2 of the worst figures in years.
These need to be neutral poses and action poses where appropriate.

For the Yoda duel I'd ideally like a superarticulated figure with cloth outfit and a preposed figure with a plastic robe like the excellent Darth Maul in the Episode I cinema scene. Actually the one with the cloth outfit could combine softgoods and plastic if this could be done effectively.

The outfit portrayed by the deluxe figure needs 'proper' scene accurate sculpting as does the one meant to be represented by figure 35....hang your heads in shame whoever was responsible for this.

Also as accessories with emperor figures I'd like some decent lightning effects. The best of previous attempts at this was the one that came with Darth Tyranus in the Saga line but since then 'electrical' effects have been terrible.

Oh one other thing - no ball jointed necks on the superarticulated figures, its a pox on otherwise good figures Admiral Ozzel, VOTC Han and VOTC Leia, and one of the many faults of the existing basic ROTS Mace Windu.

beckmen
05-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Anyone ever try sticking TPM Windu's head on Saga Windu's body? I think that would be a good figure for the character.

PS: Why does Sammy say the first Windus didn't look like him? The TPM version looked like him and was the only good face sculpt we have got becuase it wasn't contorted in some dumb-*** expression like really ****ed or busting out a power ballad.

LTBasker
05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Actually the last interview I heard from him talking about the figures, he thinks the preview figure looked exactly like him. It was the basic figures he didn't think were a good representation.

Theres very few main characters in ROTS that need proper figures, mainly because most of what was in ROTS wasn't seen later. :p But-

R2 could as always use an ungimmickized version. This next one coming out is just the F/X R2 again.

Mace definitely needs a better figure...at least one with a cloak.

Grievous could use a hunched over version with his green cape.

Anakins_Shadow
05-30-2005, 06:42 PM
I think we need to see more jedi in soft goods that look like actual cloaks, ROTS Ki adi Mundi was OK, but could be much much better i feel. If they put some time into a way to get the cloaks look real, they would avoid many problems, and my frustrations lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
*General Grievous (Separatist Leader) - As others said, one that's hunched over. He needs to be in the right scale, because all the ones out now are pretty small. I think one where his arms could actually split apart to be either two or four arms would be cool. He should have a cloth cape and a grappling hook on his wrist. Hell, while I'm dreaming, let's give him removable lower hands and a staff with purple electric things.
*Mace Windu (Final Duel) - This dude really needs a good figure. The Episode I versions are good, but kind of dated. We need a super articulated one with a removable arm and either a cloth or Agen Kolar-style cloak. He should have a lighsaber with and without lightning deflecting off of it, that would be cool.
*R2-D2 (Wacky Antics - er, something like that) - I want one with an effect similar to the Boba Fett Saga/OTC figure where he looks like he's flying, and it would be cool if he had a base with burning Super Battle Droids. He should also have an oil-shooting effect and a comlink and comlink holder; they could do this like they did on the VOTC R2.
*R2-D2 (Grievous Escape) - From the part where he goes berserk to save Anakin and Obi-Wan from Grievous on the Invisible Hand. This would be a cool figure if done correctly.
*Bail Organa - the other few costumes that he wore in the movie.
*Commander Cody - this guy is pretty much a main character, they should definitely give him a good figure.
*Chewbacca - I think it would work in a screen scene with Chewie with his correct Kashyyyk blaster (which looks like the cannon from #3 Yoda), Commander Gree, and the other clone that Yoda kills. I'd like to see the holographic Jedi Council in this set, then Yoda, Tarfful, and some random clone with the other half in a second set.

Master ToNone
05-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Ditto to what Devo said.

Palp's Deluxe and 35 were perhaps the two figures I wanted the most. The disappointment with those two is so great, I want to vomit all over myself.

How about a Super Articulated (non gimmick Palps).

beckmen
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Actually the last interview I heard from him talking about the figures, he thinks the preview figure looked exactly like him. It was the basic figures he didn't think were a good representation.

Now I am really scratching my head, becuase I thought the preview and the TPM Basic figures had the same exact head (and body and legs...only the arms and cloak were differant). I don't have the preview fig (missed out, but then customized a cloaked Mace using the basic Mace's head, body, legs and hands and the cloaked Qui-Gon's arms/cloak, so I don't know for sure.

I would REALLY like to see a pre-Cyborg Grievous. Like in the comic where he's just a legendary alien general. He was pretty cool like that as well. The more I think about that one guy's Evolution idea, the more I REALLY want it!

Sentinel18725
05-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I know it's not a major character, but I would like to see the rest of the medical droids done.

Also, I would like to see a funeral Padme. I just think it would be neat with the little pod.

Jeremy Bulloch figure.

George Lucas figure.

Nick's figure.

Just my wishlist.

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi with great articulation, removable robe, hood-up robe, lightsaber and hilt that plugs into belt.
Anakin with same, perhaps with "evil" second head.
Palpatine in outfit that ROTS #35 is wearing but with way better articulation, better hands, saber hilt that slides out of sleeve.
R2-D2 with accurate body gimmicks that still let him go to "regular" look.
Grievous with wrap-around removable cape, way better articulation so he can do the stuff he did in the film, and a cape that accomodates hilts.
Grievous's Bodyguard with a little more articulation, a better sculpt that befits the lean look, a better paintjob, a better weapon, and a soft-goods cloak so it can be worn while in fighting poses.

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 05:31 AM
I like all of these suggestions, but here are some of my own.

Owen & Beru Lars w/ Infant Luke
Bail Organa & Queen of Alderaan w/Infant Leia

I think that these are essential figures, especially since we did not get Owen & Beru in the E2/Saga line. Even though he is not ROTS, I would still like to see Cleigg Lars.