PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Frustated With Not Finding Figs" Thread!

beckmen
05-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Went to WM today and found NOTHING of any use. The Wave II Deluxe figures are NOWHERE to be found here! Wave III is already out, but I haven't even seen a clue of Wave II at all. Their wasn't even any Basic figs past 32. I am getting ready to resort to HasbroToyShop.com...

Join the FWNFF Club...

trandoshan666
05-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Wow, I've been complaining about not finding the clone trooper 3 pack or anything above 44. Sorry to hear about your situation.
I will add this bit about figure-hunting frustration: My local Wal-Mart recently restocked ó with only 1-32! The pegs are really loaded. I get the distinct feeling that I'm never getting anything new there again.

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 02:08 AM
Well, I just scored 45-47 and (3) 38's at my local WM. Keep looking, they are out there.

Jango Speck
05-31-2005, 03:31 AM
Unfortunately, scalpers, sketchy store employees and gas prices have forced us all to confront how dedicated we really are. Fortunately, these forums can help you find almost anything you need. Check out one of the local collector forums on SSG. I've had the most wonderful experience getting/giving help to other collectors. There are a lot of people who want you to find the figures you want, and they'll help you get them for retail, and avoid the scalper nightmare. There's absolutely no need to resort to ebay, but once in a while amazon.com or hasbrotoyshop.com might be necessary- I think you can avoid them though. Keep hunting, find some help, and be patient. It's not fair, but it can still be fun. We feel your pain.

darthdeogg
05-31-2005, 01:10 PM
This is very quickly going to be the "Let's whine about scalpers" thread. I'm not really frustrated about not finding certain figures, but I AM frustrated about people not finding whatever figure, and the first thing outta their mouths is "it was scalpers, it was scalpers". I think people are just WAY too quick to blame not being able to find such-and-such figure on scalpers.

Yeah, gas prices DO suck, but at least they've been floating at about the same price around here, so they haven't gotten worse.

Maybe it's just dumb luck, but there aren't really many "sketchy store employees" around here. Most of them are pretty nice and will try to help you out.

dune01
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
I have had better luck at Target than Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, as far as finding new figures.

darthdeogg
05-31-2005, 01:36 PM
All the TRU's that I have been to seem to all have the same ol stuff. Walmarts too for the most part, except I've seen some get newer stuff.

Target by far has been the best bet to find recent stuff.

trandoshan666
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I have had better luck at Target than Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, as far as finding new figures.

Me too. Unfortunately, Wal-Mart is the only store that seems to be readily available to almost everyone. I have to drive 40 minutes to Target or 5 minutes to WM, and TRU is always so far behind with stocking new figures that I really never bother.

Jango Speck
05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Maybe it's just dumb luck, but there aren't really many "sketchy store employees" around here. Most of them are pretty nice and will try to help you out.

Well, you must live in an area where there aren't many collectors/scalpers. In L.A., and many other cities mentioned in these forums, there are definitely scalpers (I've seen 'em)- for proof, just look at ebay, where the Tarkin wave was going for like $25 and up yesterday, or Blue/Red Guards for over $10 each. To be honest, Hasbro is also to blame for putting out case assortments that are "short packed" on clones and droid army type figs. Many store employees are cool, but I've met quite a few who don't want to help the customer/collector. My local Target only stocks at night/before opening, and everything gets picked off when they open. Don't even get into exclusives- which as I've read and experienced, are often mishandled by stores/Hasbro.

I wasn't whining, just trying to offer hope to those who can't find figs. Scalpers aren't the only problem, but they do make collecting a bit frustrating. By the way, how do you explain a lack of good finds?

darko666
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
as of now, the destroyer droid is still escaping my grip. i can't seem to find one anywhere. i always find the wookie and neimodian warriors everywhere.
now that 45-47 are out, i feel i will be behind for a little while. but i'm used to that, i usually wait and then find what i need when demand is a little lower.

Lazer Brain
05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
the one piece i cannot find is the TRU exclusive anikin starship w/ ani. it was here for a day then they were all gone.I missed getting one.
later

beckmen
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
"Unfortunately, Wal-Mart is the only store that seems to be readily available to almost everyone."

That's my predicament. WM is the only store within 40 or so miles of me that sells SW figs (Well, the local grocery store had some for 10 bucks...but of course they will only always have 1-32 I am sure and it's a TINY little shipper that they have). I could drive out to Buffalo and Erie, PA....but that would be hard seing how I don't have a car or a valid driver's liscense.

I don't know who I blame. Not scalpers because I have never seen one in my area. I blame Hasbro and WM for having too many of the old figs and re-ordering them and having the old figures in the new waves and all that. I might have better luck if I made daily 7AM trips to the store, but again...no car. I have to go when I can get a ride or tag-along with someone who is already going. So that's my situation.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, I just scored 45-47 and (3) 38's at my local WM. Keep looking, they are out there.

ahhh yes!! finally, a sighting!!!!! I'm in Athens, Ohio, just a stones throw from the WV border. I wonder if any of the WM's around here has that case too...... (rubs chin mischievously) time to make some calls! :crazed:

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Well I'm certainly not "frustrated." As I've stated in other threads I don't think these figures are as difficult to find as some of you would like to think. If you haven't been able to locate what you're looking for at retail then you probably haven't been looking hard enough or at the right times. If you have put in what you feel is a fair amount of time checking stores only to come up empty handed time and time again I'd suggest trying some online options as some of these stores have fairly decent prices. Still having trouble? Then make some friends either locally or online to help you find what you're looking for but seriously the complaining is getting old people. Most of the things you're "not finding" are still fairly new so learn some patience and make educated decisions on when to look and when not to and save the complaints for when its really appropriate. I only look when I know something new is hitting, case in point I walked into Wal-Mart today and found #'s 46 and 47 after hearing that these were starting to show up in certain parts of the country. Use this forum and others like it to make your hunting easier.

General_Grievous
05-31-2005, 07:18 PM
You know, if this thread was around a month ago, I probably would have been frustrated as well. BUT, over the past few weeks, the stores in my area have gotten their heads out of their @$$es and have unloaded cases of figures from #33-44. I have no doubt that #45-47 will follow in the next week.

Clonetrooper1131
05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I was pretty fustrated too. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't find the AT-RT Gunner, when one day just by luck I did find him. Not only that, I found four more at Walmart. That was the week of EP3. I've seen a whole lot more since then. It seems like ever since the movie hit, there's been more figures. But this is not without it's cruel iorny. Now I can't find some of the figures that were released back in April. Count Dooku and C-3PO for the most part. Yoda has also been hard to find. I'm just worried about some of the later figures. It seems like as the movie gets older the novelty wears off. So it'll make some of the other figures hard to find... Hopefully not though..

WesleySr
06-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I was pretty fustrated too. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't find the AT-RT Gunner, when one day just by luck I did find him. Not only that, I found four more at Walmart. That was the week of EP3. I've seen a whole lot more since then. It seems like ever since the movie hit, there's been more figures. But this is not without it's cruel iorny. Now I can't find some of the figures that were released back in April. Count Dooku and C-3PO for the most part. Yoda has also been hard to find. I'm just worried about some of the later figures. It seems like as the movie gets older the novelty wears off. So it'll make some of the other figures hard to find... Hopefully not though..
I think you mean the AT-TE Gunner. I was in the same boat until yesterday. The problem with that figure is that it was the only army builder in that wave and people only purchased 1 of the other 3 figures and some purchased several of the Gunners.

Clonetrooper1131
06-01-2005, 04:48 AM
I think you mean the AT-TE Gunner. I was in the same boat until yesterday. The problem with that figure is that it was the only army builder in that wave and people only purchased 1 of the other 3 figures and some purchased several of the Gunners.

Yeah, my bad. lol When I wrote that out, I knew something was a little different. But I coudn't put my finger on it. It was one helluva day.

jaxx
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm definitely looking for the Tarkin wave. I've been all over to my local stores as soon as I read that the wave was being spotted, and I've found nothing. I hope that they come in soon. It seems that the stores are now cutting back on their stock. Targets and TRUs in my area are reducing the size of the Star Wars displays to make room for the Batman figures. They've now put the Star Wars figures in multiple and hard to find places through out the store at TRU. And the Targets have taken away their end cap displays. Wal-Mart is still overloaded with Star Wars figures, but they just don't want to get many figures over #40. They still have tons of the earlier figures.

Let's not talk about the 2nd and 3rd wave of deluxe figures. The stores are overflowing with the wave 1 (except for the Anakin to Vader). I can't find the Vader on the operating table anywhere, and I've called store after store bright and early in the morning... they don't have it. I'd love to find that figure... along with the Clone Trooper 3 pack.

The problem in my area is the common scalper.:mad: In the 24-hour stores, they wait in the aisles for the stock person to show up with a palate of toys around 11 PM to 1 AM. Then, they go into a frenzy opening the boxes before the employee can even take the boxes off of the cart. They wait outside of stores before they open and rush in to gobble up the hard to find figures. Funny... they probably wouldn't be as hard to find if the scalpers and comic book shop owners didn't flood the stores at opening time. I've had the stores complain to me about them when I call in the morning (of course, you can't call until the stores open... and by the time you get a hold of someone in the toy department, or someone that works on the floor, the scalpers are already inside the store hovering over the unopened boxes and figures... so while you're asking the employee about the figures you want, those exact figures are already heading to the cash register). Basically, if you have a 9 to 5 job, with any sort of hefty commute, you have to rely on luck to find those hard to find figures at retail. I'm sorry if I upset anyone that is sympathetic towards scalpers, but those that protect the scalpers are usually scalpers... not always... just usually! I don't hate scalpers... I know that their trying to make some cash, but for those of us who don't collect to make a quick profit... for those of us who collect for the love of collecting and for the love of Star Wars, it's extremely frustrating to deal with scalpers when they are in your area.

BFett88
06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
When the figures first came out I passed on C3P0 and R2D2. Now I can't find them anywhere. I went to 6 stores in my area this last weekend and no luck with either of them. Then I went to a comic store that always has them, and they have be sold out for like two weeks. What is going on? Why are these two so hard to find all of a sudden?

Jango Speck
06-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Amen! I feel bad for the younger generation who hasn't got much of a chance getting their figures (because they can't get Mom and Dad to drive all over the place checking every store).

beckmen
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
The time to buy SW figures offline is ending for me. Wal-Mart's SW section looks like a bombed-out village of sorts. They have reduced the vehicles down to one box wide (only three vehicles left: Wheelbike, Obi-Wans Fighter, Tri-Fighter), there's stuff strewn all over and the pegs are nearly empty. It's a sad sign of things to come, as I am pretty sure they are getting rid of the big display. Once they pare down the ROTS stuff I fear all they will have is a small section for the Basic figs. This means my only hope for getting the deluxe Waves II and III is online. That might also be my only hope for getting future Basic figs as well, because all they have left is remnants of the first wave. Mostly Jedi and Senators, too...

You see, in my area 33 and up never really "showed up". I was able to find everything I needed, but the figs never stuck around. I am still surprised I was able to find the SA Clone...

jimmymiro12
06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
In my area it's the same thing. Tru just got in 41-44 yay fore them. Scalpers are easy to find but some of them have been nice to me. Giving me the opritunity to get 1 or 2 of something because they pan on buying the rest.
Right now I am searching far and wide for Commander Baccura becuase I called on Saturday and the lady said is that the guy that is all white with the armor and has the #49. I said yes and she said we only got 1 in and it sold right when the store opened:( :( :( :( :( :( :( . I just hope I will be able to get oen. As far as I know there hasn't been any 45-47 so I jsut gotta get commander.

sease9
06-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Right now I am searching far and wide for Commander Baccura becuase I called on Saturday and the lady said is that the guy that is all white with the armor and has the #49. I said yes and she said we only got 1 in and it sold right when the store opened:( :( :( :( :( :( :( . I just hope I will be able to get oen. As far as I know there hasn't been any 45-47 so I jsut gotta get commander.

That's the first report I hear of figures 48-50 showing up... nice! what state are you from?

I must be a minority on this thread, but most of the figures from ROTS have been rather easy to find as compared to other lines during movie years. I remember during the AOTC days(which had one of the worst droughts ever during the summer of 02, and even sort of lasted all the way till line was over), new product was not available as wide, and fast as it is now. Currently I have 1-47,all the deluxes (minus wave 1, which I didn't care about :( ) and all were found at retail (mostly Target, Walmart, with the exception of the Tarkin wave found at TRU), without much hassle.

I can honestly say, it's been pretty nice collecting this line, it's probably to early to speak though, but I just hope Hasbro, and the retailers keep up the good distribution job...so far so good! at least for me. :D

VaderhitsJarjar
06-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I agree
- AOTC line frustrated me - I was never able to find a clone pilot.

I havent seen the tarkin wave yet but i didnt see the clone commander for three weeks and now it is a peg warmer -
I was in a walmart today and all the 1-33 were back on the shelves, Darth, threepeo, and quickdraw clone were gone for a few weeks and now there was a whole row of each.

Right now the tough figures are padme', battle droids, red guards - still see the blue ones, and clone gunner. I see a lot of the SA Clones.

Old Fossil
06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
It seems that the stores are now cutting back on their stock. Targets and TRUs in my area are reducing the size of the Star Wars displays to make room for the Batman figures. They've now put the Star Wars figures in multiple and hard to find places through out the store at TRU. And the Targets have taken away their end cap displays. Wal-Mart is still overloaded with Star Wars figures, but they just don't want to get many figures over #40.

I see the same trend. I was talking to a friend who works the toy dept. at my local Wal-Mart (the only store I shop for SW toys, really). I commented on how well the basic figures seemed to be selling, noting how the pegs were half empty; and I wondered aloud why shipments of later waves haven't begun appearing to restock the pegs. I have seen only a lone Neimoidian Warrior -- no Wookiee Warrior or Destroyer Droid or SA Clone.

He said unless more figures sold, they probably wouldn't be getting in any more SW basic figure stock, since they were cutting down the size of the ROTS display to make room for the new Batman and Fantastic Four figures, which he said were already selling well.

This does not bode well for the last waves of ROTS, like the Tarkin wave and the upcoming Kenobi Pilot wave, both of which I am very interested in at least seeing in person! :stupid:

Veers
06-04-2005, 11:28 PM
I feel the same. Nothing above 44 around here either. :dead:

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2005, 11:57 PM
I have been fortunate enough to find most of everything I need. So far I have not seen anything in the basic figures past the SA Clone, but have found all the deluxe waves minus the clone 3-packs. I was even lucky enough to find an extra red guard on the pegs a few weeks ago.
My local Wal-Mart does a pretty good job of keeping things stocked, and the targets around here seem to keep alot of the higher # figs on the pegs as well. I cannot complain one bit, and I am happy to have what I've found so far.

eshulmire
06-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Well I live in California so we pretty much get everything after most of the country has already got there's. I noticed more yodas and c3pos showing up and the newest collection of deluxe crab droid excreta.So don't get frustrated. My wife picked up tarkin tills and the ree yees looking one the other day. I went to target and saw them again even though target is the anti collector store they appear to be stocking more of them but they are raising the price on them to 5.99 so watch out.Scalpers are always a big problem I say be patient and do buy from them.I watched a few scalpers get burned on the new marvel legends figures they are everywhere.So lets let them get burned on star wars stuff too.Once they cant sell it they will return it to the stores they always keep there recipes.

beckmen
06-05-2005, 02:54 AM
zFound Wave II Deluxe today. Grabbed Vader, but didn't get the Clone or Vulture Droid because I am strapped. Maybe another day since I did get payed. If they are still there...

They must have gotten a case or two of these, plus some Anakin's Starfighters, but no Basic figs were put out.

BoShek
06-05-2005, 10:00 AM
1. I can't find anything past #44.
2. I can't find Vader, C-3PO, either Guard, AT-TE gunner
3. Palpatine is hard to find too

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm not frustrated yet. Yes, there are certain harder figures to find, but I recall finding most every figure for AOTC eventually. It may have been late summer/early fall of 2002, but I did find the then hard to find Count Dooku at retail. Some of the other HTF figures like Clone Pilots I got lucky and found right away.

I can understand Beckman, your problem because you don't have a lot of stores in your immediate radius. The only store in my city as a Wal-Mart which I despise going to. I found at least 80% of my AOTC figures there, but now it sinks to about 5%. Therefore I have to make farthrer trips to Target and Toys R Us about 20 miles away in order to get the figures I crave. I have been tardy in getting a few rarer figures, but just recently I grabbed the AT-Te gunner, and I saw some Super Articulated Clones. Patience is the key.

eg45
06-05-2005, 03:09 PM
1. I can't find anything past #44.
2. I can't find Vader, C-3PO, either Guard, AT-TE gunner
3. Palpatine is hard to find too

I hope u mean the blue saber palpatine because the the palpatine with the red saber is a major peg warmer in the sac town area

VaderhitsJarjar
06-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Man I still have not seen the Tarkin Wave -

some stores in my area are just getting the clone commander

darko666
06-10-2005, 11:33 PM
finally found the DD. but no sign of the Tarkin wave yet. i finally saw the deluxe wave II, but no Vader to be seen. thats the only one i want from that wave. i would have thought the deluxe clone trooper would be harder to find, but i see that figure everywhere.

UKWildcat
06-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I hope u mean the blue saber palpatine because the the palpatine with the red saber is a major peg warmer in the sac town area

Haha... I would say out of all the stores I visit, about 30-40% of the figures are Palpatine with red saber. They can't give that figure away!

I am obvoiusly frustrated with not finding any of the more recent figs, Ask Aak, Tarkin, Tills, etc.... But I think (hope) they will be plentiful before too long.

For the older figures, the Tank gunner has escaped me a lot. I purchased one a few weeks ago, when the store had half a dozen, but I haven't seen one since. Kinda wish I had picked up more for my army. That royal guard is a piece of work too. I do have one of each, but have yet to find any more to build any kind of "senate security army." I have not seen any Anakin changes to Darth Vader in months... whats the deal with that figure? Was it just out for a limited time or what?

Fluke Skywalker
06-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I have not seen any Anakin changes to Darth Vader in months... whats the deal with that figure? Was it just out for a limited time or what?

I think he's just a big seller and maybe shipped in smaller quiantities. I thought it looked pretty lousy myself, but a lot of people disagreed.

Like most, I can't find anything above #44. It's been about two weeks since I've bought anything other than S/A Clone #41's and I'm starting to get a smidge frustrated. I suspect that we'll all start to see them in the next few days.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I visited the walmart last night and only picked up 15 figures off the floor.
Two full pegs of Wookie warrior
almost three pegs of the nemodian guard
one destroyer droid
two pegs 0f palpy with red light saber
six SA CLONES I didnt get any this time - will wait.
one peg of pilots
two full pegs of super battle droids
1 c3po
2 pegs of organa
2 pegs of mon motha
a good scattering of jedi
maybe a peg each
except for 1 mace

No clone commanders, gunners, vader, guards, or tarkin wave

I did finally pick up the At-Rt
I like it - I would have picked one up earlier if it was packaged with a SA figure.

Im thinking of getting the next droid tri fighter I find.
Is it worth the $19?

JEDIpartner
06-11-2005, 10:38 AM
No sign of the Tarkin wave here in northeast Ohio.

tagmac
06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
No sign of the Tarkin wave in Jersey, either. I went to the Target y me every day this week, and not once did they refill the pegs - still a glut of Neimodian Guards, Wookiees, Droideka's, and several SA Clones. I have a bad feeling the pegs are so empty because they're getting ready condense the aisle back to only a few pegs - then they'll never re-stock them. :frus:

I'm starting to wonder if the Tarkin and Ask Aak I saw on Amazon were ever really available, as they haven't reappeared since, HTS still doesn't have them, and even the e-stores don't seem to have them. Unless someone on here ordered them, I'm betting they went up by mistake, or were part of an early shipment of only a couple figs. Are these not supposed to come out til July now?

eg45
06-12-2005, 04:49 AM
in the sacramento area the tarkin wave are seen at almost every target i go too. lucky me

VaderhitsJarjar
06-12-2005, 01:19 PM
That is a good sign of things to come in the Atlanta area

maybe next week.

Fluke Skywalker
06-13-2005, 08:17 AM
I think someone mentioned this before, maybe in another thread. One of the problems is that most stores, especially Walmart and TRU, have reduced their SW sections on favor of Batman and Fantastic 4. That will probably keep the newer figures from hitting the pegs as quickly as they had been. :(

JEDIpartner
06-13-2005, 09:54 AM
The figures sitting on the pegs at the Target I visited yesterday are as follows:

Neimoidian Warrior (at least 40)
Wookiee Warrior (at least 20)
Bail Organa (at least 30)
Mon Mothma (at least 30)
Clone Pilot (at least 30)
Palpatine #1 (at least 40)
Palpatine #2 (at least 40)
Agen Kolar (at least 20)

...in smaller numbers (under 5) -
Padme
Shaak-Ti
Mas Amedda
Chopper Droid

and that is it!!!

General_Grievous
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
The Tarkin wave hasn't shipped here yet. Also, the Star Wars sections here are being reduced in favor of Batman figures, just like Fluke Skywalker's. Curse you, Batman! CURRRSSSEEE YOOOOUUUUU!!! (coughthe Batman figures suck anywaycough)

tagmac
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
What a waste of space. 56 different figures for Star Wars, yet they devote an entire section to a figure assortment that includes 4 or 5 different Batman variations, and 2 villains that are always packed 1 per case and are rarely, if ever, on the pegs anyway. Add to that the giant area set up for the Fantastic Four that has a whopping 5 figures, with a couple rare variants that rarely last 10 minutes on the pegs. Get ready to see a hundred The Thing - "now with black pants" and "Crazy-Ballet Step" Batman figures clogging 20 pegs, 15 of which could easily (and should be) used for restocking the widely varied selection of SW figs available.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Agreed -
Those are the worst batman figures made to date.

As of Today - No tarkin Wave in my area - but c3p0 is starting to show up again.

jaxx
06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
I wrote this in another thread, but I think it applies here as well because my frustration is friggin enormous!!!!

I can't find a thing past figure #44, and that was a few weeks ago. It feels wierd coming out of a store empty handed so frequently. The stores just don't seem to be getting ANYTHING!!!! :mad:

I've searched and searched, but I've come up with nothing. I've called the stores first thing in the mornings, I've tried to go by the stores when I get off of work, or when I have a lunch break, and I can't find the Tarkin wave or higher. Also, no Clone 3-packs anywhere. The stores that I call are no help. I usually get someone on the phone that knows nothing about Star Wars figures. If I DO get someone who knows a little about the figures, they either say that they have never seen the wave, or that the only box of that wave was sold out. Now, as I understand, "Collection 2, Wave 4" is supposed to have: 1x Count Dooku (EIII #13), 1x Bail Organa (EIII #15), 1x Padmť (EIII #19), 1x Mon Mothma (EIII #24), 1x Vader's Medical Droid (EIII #37), 1x Polis Maasan (EIII #39), 2x Tarkin (EIII #45), 2x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), 2x Meena Tillis - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47). Also, "Collection 2, Wave 4.1" is supposed to have:1x Padme (EIII #19), 1x Vader's Medical Droid (EIII #37), 1x Polis Maasan (EIII #39), 3x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), 3x Tarkin (EIII #45), 3x Meena Tillis - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47).
So the moral of the story... there should be plenty of this wave floating around and it's not! What's the deal!!!???

abell748
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
After two weeks of searching, I hit the Tarkin wave today. I am still looking for the Deluxe wave 3. I have already written off the Clone pack (never found a CW one either). I'm just mad that the figures I thought would peg warm (Yoda 26, Mace, R2, 3PO, Obi 27, Ani 28, Padme) I can't find anywhere!!!!!!!!! Same with the Deluxe wave 1. I am combing the area looking for the Anakin and Grievous. Walmart and TRU have been the only place to really trim down the ROTS area so far. Target has kept most of it up thank god. People speak of scalpers like they are myth, they are there. I was at Target when they opened because my job is in my car, so I can ease these things in. Some dirtbags ran to the Hot Wheels aisle and then came over to the ROTS display. They spoke of wanting more Target clones because they made alot of money of off the ones they scalped. I happily told them that there would be no more and they asked me what was hot then. I told them the #42, and #43 figures (because we have tons of them around here) they then grabbed a handful and checked out. It is fun to mess with HW lowlifes.

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I got d**kheads like that around in my area, and I love being young and thin and agile so that I can slip in and out of asiles and small places faster than they can power walk, and the look on their faces when I walked out w/ the last Tarkin figure was priceless....then I see um walkin out the store and I bump my lil wyte...its a celebration....

also, if I have done that to you, sorry...its more aimed so at scalpers...:)

Bren2d2
06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Grrr... couldn't find a damn thing tonight. These stores are just trying to test me. I better find something good this week like Tarkin + figures. I'm going to get behind if I don' t start finding some of these figures. Bring back the ROTS displays and get rid of all of those crappy Batman Begins and Fantastic 4 toys!

Hellboy
06-20-2005, 09:42 PM
For the first time since the ROTS line began I'm seeing empty pegs at all of my Target stores. They haven't received anything in weeks and other than finding the #46 and 47 Senators once at Wal-Mart I haven't seen anything new all month. Even though people are starting to find the Bacara wave I'm not worried about falling behind. So far everything has turned up in due time. :nerv:

Clonetrooper1131
06-21-2005, 01:25 AM
I guve Target some credit, at least they restocked the pegs earlier today. No regular figures. But a load of Deluxe Figures. To my surprise a lot of the Clone Trooper three pack. I was tempted, but I couldn't figure out why the Clone Trooper laying on his stomach was looking to the ground. :confused: If they had been articulated, then that would have been a big plus. I wasn't really into getting three figures that are molded into a pose. Oh, they also had the Wookie Helicopter. It was kind of cool, a big molded Wooke made the toy kind of heavy.

But Walmart utterly sucks. It looks like they never restocked, and the pegs are virtually bare. I took trips up and down each toy isle just to make sure, but there wasn't anything else.

tgr3328
06-21-2005, 10:17 AM
My Walmart has stagnated since the Tank Gunner wave. They still have lots of figures, but mostly the ones from MM. Too bad it is the only store in town that sells Star Wars figures.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Same here in Atlanta -

Some Walmarts have a lot left - but I think they box many up and put them in the back for later use.

I know of one walmart that still had a peg of 3PO as of 6-20-05 - and a couple of Vaders and quick-draw McGraw Clones.

The Targets are getting bare - not even a hint of Tarkin Wave - at least the three I frequent -

They attempt to make the pegs appear full by putting three figures on a peg and spreading them out - but when you scan codes it always says "in stockroom"

I out of frustration -of course can't choke Motti- so I organize the figures and fill up the top right hand pegs leaving a lot of empty space.

Cool thing I did finally find a clone three-pack with the brown belt and dots. Not the best paint job but it is mine!!!

My Pretty........ my pretty
me gonna keepsies my pretty nice and safe

my pretty

evenflow
06-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Well yesterday i went to TRU, Target, Walmart, and KB and found nothing at all. I went again today, plus another TRU and Target and still nothing.

Ji'dai
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Aside from a lone #48 R2 I saw yesterday, I haven't seen any new figures since the week of the movie release. So I'm still looking for anything higher than the Destroyer Droid.

Bren2d2
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I went to four stores today, 2 WM's, Target, and TRU. I found nothing except for TRU, who restocked their deluxe figures. I found the rebuild Vader figure, but some guy in line bought the last clone trooper 3 pack (grrrrrr!) No new figures past 44 yet here, not a damn trace. What is taking these stores so long to restock with these new assortments? I understand they are new but I haven't seen anything yet. The agony of it all.......

Hexagram520
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Anyone here that knows about stores stocking and waves...is there ever a chance of any stores restocking older ones, like the Royal Guards, 3PO, Battle Droid, SA Clone namely. Those are the only ones already for sure out that I skipped up on thinking I'd see them everywhere (kicks myself).

I have no problems finding deluxe figures, so if anyone has any extras of the figures I need I'll gladly buy some clone 3 packs and trade or whatever. I'm getting mad.

tagmac
06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
I made one of my rare trips to the one Walmart nearby today, and they had about 4 full pegs and 20 empty ones. I don't think they've restocked in weeks. Same with my Target (still), only there they stuck 3-5 figs on each peg to make it look full. Nothing but Neimodians, Wookiees, a few Jedi, Polis massan, Mas Amedda, Bail, and Mon Mothma (although WalMart had a bunch a few Tarfful's as well). Not only have they not restocked the pegs in over two weeks, but it doesn't look like they'll be doing so anytime soon either.

evenflow
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Alright so I went out again today. Still nothing. The pegs are empty and the scalpers here have 500th Vader. Sucks!

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Havent even seen the Vader # 500 in my area unless the scalpers got them all too...:(

Bren2d2
06-22-2005, 09:42 PM
I probably won't be seeing a 500 vader here for a long time. I am still waiting for figures past #44. Hopefully I will see some new shipments soon.

Dark Marble
06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
The pegs have been empty here for a while. I went out yesterday, and I am about to make another run today and I haven't seen the Tarkin wave at all. Plus the Mustafar Anakin wave is out and several versions of the clone troopers 3 pack. What do you have to do to get some figures???? It didn't take long to get back to business as usual for Star Wars figures...wait, look, wait, look...nothing.

Bren2d2
06-23-2005, 01:19 PM
The TRU and WM's by me are in desperate need of restocking their ROTS figures. There isn't much of a selection and the pegs are pretty bare. The only thing I have seen new stock on recently are the newer deluxe figures and lightsabers, but thats it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Unfortunately I waited to get some older things, such as #28 Anakin and Boga with Obi-Wan, and now I can't find them anywhere. But Boga's only going for like $10 on ebay so it looks like I'll take that route soon. I also can't find deluxe Anakin, Grievous, Vader, or clone anymore.

General_Grievous
06-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Finally found the Tarkin wave. Now I'm just searching for the Mustafar Anakin wave.

Bren2d2
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM
There are many vehicles and accessories I still need to pick up, such as Boga and the ARC-170. Has anyone seen a Republic Gunship? I have never seen one at any of the stores by me. I hope they restock these sometime.

tgr3328
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I've seen one or two gunships, but they are long gone now.

If they are coming out with just a handful of new figures for the year, won't they restock for the Christmas season? I am hoping that we will see everything again in renewed numbers by fall.

Fluke Skywalker
06-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen any Gunships in well over a month.

Now, on to the rant.

Short of one sighting of the Tarkin (Picked over, beat up cards left) wave, and one sighting of the "new" glass and figure sets, it's been cold turkey for a month now. I can't take it much longer! :frus:

End of rant.

DarthGrizzle
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Went out this morning, found 48-50 (Anakin wave) at Target. My friend and I usually hit different parts of the city (Pittsburgh, PA) I picked up 2 of each, but now the Target near me has a limit of 5 figures/day! I've never heard of such a thing. So I put back the R2 (it was definitely the most plentiful) and told my buddy to hightail it to this Target to get it.

trandoshan666
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I just did a little math and realized that it's been almost 6 weeks since I found any new ROTS ó and it's not for lack of trying. Brutal! Just f#%&ing brutal!

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2005, 01:57 PM
but now the Target near me has a limit of 5 figures/day! I've never heard of such a thing. So I put back the R2 (it was definitely the most plentiful) and told my buddy to hightail it to this Target to get it.

That is a new one to me. I can't imagine why Target would put a limit on regular figures like that. I understand why they do it with limited edition items, etc. but basic figures?
I wonder if this is a policy the entire chain is enforcing, or if it is just your one store in particular.

pcdawg
06-24-2005, 03:41 PM
It makes sense......

Think about it..some guy walks in sees the new wave and 'scoops' them all up. What happens is we all ahve to wait til a few weeks later til they send out another batch and it happens again.

With a limit it gives everyone a chance at getting the new figures.

DarthGrizzle
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
It makes sense......

Think about it..some guy walks in sees the new wave and 'scoops' them all up. What happens is we all ahve to wait til a few weeks later til they send out another batch and it happens again.

With a limit it gives everyone a chance at getting the new figures.

I hear you. There were 4-5 Anakins, no more Baraca's, and about 8 R2's left after I grabbed 2 of each. I didn't want them all, just enough for me and my friend. But oh well, he made it out to Target and grabbed an R2 for himself. No harm done.

Jango Speck
06-25-2005, 02:05 AM
I noticed today at Target in Hollywood that they have signs up all over the collectibles (including Batman stuff) saying that in an effort to be fair, they won't re-stock at night (after closing), but periodically throughout the day. However, there was no mention of limiting the number one can purchase.

Phantom-like Menace
06-26-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm always slightly annoyed when I am told I am not looking hard enough. "I went around town the other day and I saw fifty of that figure. You're just not looking hard enough." I usually find people who say that have three Toys R Us stores, seven Wal Marts, five Targets and one or two regional stores inside a twenty-mile radius of their home. Meanwhile, those of us complaining have the royal run of a Wal Mart and a Target (if that much), are each staking out the door around the clock, and are wondering if we shouldn't go home to bathe since the customer who just came up to wait for the door to open dropped a quarter into our coffee cup and told us how sorry she was.

Bren2d2
06-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm definitely looking as hard as I can. I go to these stores everyday, and come back empty handed most of the time. There is really not much I can do about these stores that don't restock often. Some are more better at this than others.

Old Fossil
06-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm always slightly annoyed when I am told I am not looking hard enough. "I went around town the other day and I saw fifty of that figure. You're just not looking hard enough." I usually find people who say that have three Toys R Us stores, seven Wal Marts, five Targets and one or two regional stores inside a twenty-mile radius of their home. Meanwhile, those of us complaining have the royal run of a Wal Mart and a Target (if that much), are each staking out the door around the clock, and are wondering if we shouldn't go home to bathe since the customer who just came up to wait for the door to open dropped a quarter into our coffee cup and told us how sorry she was.

Amen to that!!! I have exactly ONE Wal-Mart within a 30 mile radius of my home, the only place that sells SW figures. Then again, the number of collectors like me is also very small, in porportion to the # of places to buy figures, I suppose. Places like you mentioned (I think of sunny, overdeveloped Southern California, or Phoenix) are likely literally swarming with villainous scalpers, so though collectors there have more places to shop, they also have to compete with hordes of scalper scumbags.

Same planet, different worlds, I guess. We all do what we can, with what we have.

Hexagram520
06-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Not sure if anyone realized this, but most Kroger stores and other grocery stores have small toy sections, and you never know what you might find. I had missed all 4 of the Sneak Preview figures, and if you go to Wal Greens, that's all they have (if not older). But yea, I definitely recommend checking grocery stores and stuff like that too!

Ji'dai
06-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Ironically, the local Kroger had the best value on basic figures at 4.99 each. Too bad they haven't restocked since April-early May. The Walgreens here does have SP figures but they run about $8 each. I don't even bother checking K-Mart anymore; prices are too high and they don't restock. So I only have Wal-Mart and TRU. TRU does get figs in but it takes a long time. My TRU is just now getting in 37-40 in large numbers.

So that leaves Wal-Mart as my only real option for finding new stuff. I have seen Wave 3 Deluxe and one #48 R2 but that's it. I haven't bought any figs since the week of the movie release - the last time I saw a new wave (41-44). It's been pretty dry since then.

Fluke Skywalker
06-27-2005, 06:38 AM
^ My Krogers all still have OTC Lobot's for $6.99 a pop but no ROTS. They do have Batman though for I think $7.99 :ermm:

Went out last night and found tons of new nothing, so if you you're looking for nothing, it's out there! :p

tagmac
06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
And I found a ton of nothing this morning. My local Target hasn't re-stocked the pegs in nearly a month. They haven't condensed the SW section yet either, whicg is what makes it so surprising. They seem to be content to have tons of Wookiees and Neimodians spread out among 30 pegs, with a handful of Organa's, Mas Amedda's, Jedi, and Polis Massan's scattered throughout.

jaxx
06-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Well... I went out this Sunday and found one Crispy Ani. That was all I found from that wave. I was surprised not to find at least one #38 R2 figure. I thought that Ani would be more popular than R2. Oh well. I used to be able to go into a store and pick up an entire wave (before the Wookie Warrior wave hit). Now it's hit or miss, and few and far between. I went from like April 20th to June 19th with out finding anything new at all. Talk about frustrated!!!!! Now, with stores all but eliminating the Star Wars sections, I think it's going to be even more difficult to find figures. The stores by me have empty pegs and just don't restock. Hasbrotoyshop.com doesn't have anything either. Even the links to the right of this forum are sold out of the newer figures.

tgr3328
06-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Amoung the slim pickings at a nearby Target, I did manage to find three #41 Clone Troopers. I bought one to add to my army.

With just a handful of new figures left to come out this year, I am still hoping for a renewed ROTS presence at the stores for the Christmas shopping season.

Jaina Solo
06-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm frustrated. I can't find the Tarkin wave, can't find the tank gunner, and the only red guard I've seen in town was $15 at a scalper shop.

Bren2d2
06-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Visited WM today and was greeted by a slew of peg warmers (Wookie/Neimoidian warriors, Clone Pilots, and Obi figures). These stores are definitely push my patience. Whats the deal here? These new waves are being found all over but there is no signs of them here. Ohio in general sounds like its a bit dry where ROTS figures are concerned. Man that sucks, looks like I will have to take a road trip to find figures beyond their energy field.

jaxx
06-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Well... I'm in the burbs of Chicago, and I can't find anything either. It must be the midwest.... it sucks. I'm going to Virginia for the 4th, so I hope to find some stuff out there. I'll be in the boonies-up in the mountains... so I hope that there aren't a lot of Star Wars fans up in the mountains of Roanoke, VA. I can't imagine that there are!
I can see it now, coming back on the plane from Virginia... "sir, I can't let you carry that lightsaber on board... it's a matter of national security!" lol

inkedforlife
06-28-2005, 10:29 AM
The Meijer stores in my area have almost every figure except for the new Anikin wave and the Royal guards. In fact I went four days in a row and the same figures #45, #46 and #47 all stayed in place through out the days. Must not be many collectors in my area but still have not found the #48 thru 50 wave at all.

I did find the new force battlers at the local Wal-Mart though. I got those for the kids to play around with. So far those figures are cooler and better than any of the 12" figures I have seen. Just wish I could find the new figures and wish they woudl hurry up with 500th Darth too!!

Spinosaurus2004
06-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I haven't been able to find any of the ones above 40 except for Wookie Warrior. I am going out to TRU, Target and Wal-Mart before work today so hopefully I can find some figs.

There was an unfortunate incident a few weeks ago when I was at Target and a fellow collector offered me a Tarkin which I passed up because my birthday was coming up so I didn't see the point in wasting money on figures just then. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

tagmac
06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
FINALLY some luck today. Ironically, it was thanks to the scalper I used to deal with a few years ago, who must not be scalping as much as I'd thought. I had to do a job for the school I work for, preventing me from getting to Target when they opened. I went to TRU around 10, to find, of course, nothing. As I'm getting ready to leave, the guy recognizes me, and asks if I found the new figs yet. I told him no, and he said that I could get the 3 new ones at Target. Figuring he meant the Tarkin wave, I told him I already got them off amazon. He pressed the issue, and told me he had just been there, and they had gotten in the Anakin wave. He told me to "trust him" that there were several of each figure left, but to hurry. Figuring it would be a waste of time (and grumbling that the one day I couldn't get there at 8 was the day they'd finally restock), I went to Target as fast as possible, and sure enough, they had restocked the pegs with several cases of the Anakin wave. Plenty of Anakins and R2's, so I picked up two crispy Ani's (left R2 - the sound effects are cool, but enough is enough on these variations). Had to do some looking, but they had 2 Bacara's, of which I bought one.

Having seen that scalper in the stores lately, I figured he'd finally resorted to buying from the stores instead of ordering cases like he used to. While I still despise scalpers, I respect the guy for not only helping me out, but for actually leaving a lot on the pegs for other people. Granted, I won't actually be buying stuff from him again, but I'll give him some credit on this one.

Still no sign of the Tarkin wave yet, but Amazon's had them up for a few days now, so I'm guessing they'll be much easier to find in the coming weeks. Looking forward to the July/August cases, when we start seeing Tank Gunners and Red Guards shipping again at 1-2 per case, perhaps allowing for 51-56 to be easier to find due to fewer pegwarmers.

S3PO
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Here in Miami/Ft Lauderdale I have not seen a new figure in over a month when I found the brown wookie warrior the week ROTS premiered. I did find the deluxe clone pack last week with the red trooper at a Wal-mart early in the morning.

Spinosaurus2004
06-28-2005, 08:29 PM
I went to so many places today and nothing. TRU, Target and Wal Mart all had none of the new waves. This is really starting to annoy me. This weekend I think I'll take the 20 minute drive to the Target where I found that Tarkin and hopefully they will have some of the new figures.

evenflow
06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I finally found something, 48-50. Not a bad deal.

Veers
06-28-2005, 11:00 PM
I agree. I have been looking almost everyday and nothing.

ROTJLuke
06-29-2005, 01:21 AM
I agree. I have been looking almost everyday and nothing.

Thats the truth, but only with the Ani wave, Ive found the Tarkin wave many times. The Meijer's around my area has um, as do a few other Meijer's further away. Still lookin for Ani wave....

mastermatt24
06-29-2005, 01:27 AM
found the new R2 but thats it.. Still havent seen tarkin wave yet. :cry:

jaxx
06-29-2005, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=inkedforlife]The Meijer stores in my area have almost every figure except for the new Anikin wave and the Royal guards. In fact I went four days in a row and the same figures #45, #46 and #47 all stayed in place through out the days.QUOTE]

Out by me, the Meijer stores are the WORST stores for finding figures. Every time I go, there are no more than 10 figures on the pegs, and they're mainly Neomodian and Wookie Warriors. Also, they'll have an occasional Master Replica's Force Effect Lightsaber. That's it!
I guess it's because of all the friggin' scalpers and regulars that religiously wait around from 10PM to 2AM for the staff to unload the trucks. I've seen them at times, if I have to do some late night shopping. There are four or five 35 to 45 year old losers congregating by the video game help desk, talking about their "strategy" on which boxes they'll hit first. GET A FRIGGIN' LIFE DUDES!!! Then they basically push the employees out of the way so they can rip into the boxes before anyone else has a chance to see the figures. If you've ever seen a wolf pack eat a carcass, then you can imagine how these 4 or 5 guys react with one another while they empty out the boxes. The stores by me have really complained about these pests. They've told me that it annoys the store so much that they've started to put merchandise out at different times throughout the day (e.g.: 10AM, 2PM, 8Pm, etc.) just to throw off the scalpers and regulars. It works sometimes, but the stores say that they end up seeing the same guys come in throughout the entire day just to check if the merchandise has been brought out yet. DON'T THESE FOOLS HAVE JOBS? It's unfortunate. You'd think that they'd at least tell the people that they CAN NOT open the boxes on their own.
I've given up on Meijer.

Spinosaurus2004
06-30-2005, 09:59 AM
On a whim I went back to Target after work yesterday since it was only a mile away and I had time to kill and I found a few figs I didn't have, including Clone Commander, Vader's Medical Droid and Exploding Grievous. The only figs over 40 they had were Clone #41 (of which I picked up 1), Destroyer Droid and Wookie Warrior. I then went to Wal-Mart because it was close and found Yoda with Can-Cell. I still need to find those darn Tarkin and Bacara waves.

Bren2d2
06-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Weeks have past, still no signs of Ani, Bacara, or Tarkin waves :( . My local TRU restocked their 12 inch figures, and was I was able to pick up Grievious. Other than that there are nothing but peg warmers around here. I'm taking another trip to a Target/TRU about 15 miles away to see I have some better luck. I found the Wookie Flyer out there, so maybe they will have some other new stuff.

inkedforlife
07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
What ever you do Bren2d2 don't open that Grevious. That has got to be one of the worst 12" figures out of the package that I have ever seen. The arms fall off at the slightest touch and the dang thing can't even hold a light saber to save it's life.

As for the figures I am still looking for anything over #47. I hit my local Walmart, Target, Kmart and Meijers a few times a week. (And no I am not one of those 35 to 40 y.o. geeks with no life and not job.) All though I am 37 and sometimes feel a little old for toys shopping but then again all the tattoos of Star Wars kind of shows my maturity level anyway (Laugh)
I have a feeling Meijers has had some of the 48 thru 50 already though because I have seen a few new figures on the shelves that are in those same cases. Probably all the no life geeks that stalk the store employess getting there before I can. Anyway if anyone needs 45 thru 47 drive to Maijers in Lansing. Those seem to be the new peg warmers in my area. (Tons of them)

trandoshan666
07-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I've now found Bacara and R2-D2, but no Anakin. Still haven't seen the Tarkin wave anywhere. I was at a Wal-Mart last night (where I bought the aforementioned figures earlier this week) and it only had 14 figures hanging on the pegs. I talked to a worker in toys, and she told me that they hadn't received anything Star Wars in a long time. Area Targets don't seem to be getting anything new now, and the Wal-Mart closest to my house has about 50 of the same six figures on the pegs. I have a bad feeling about this Ö

Bren2d2
07-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I was finally able to find 48-50 this week at Target. Thank the maker! Last night I went to my local TRU and was dismayed to find one lonely Clone Trooper 3 pack. Finally a little light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the Tarkin wave will begin to show up somewnere along with the Royal Guards I need.

On a side note I saw ROTS for the fifth time last night and I must say this movie keeps getting more badass everytime I see it. I can't wait for the DVD. Anyways, happy hunting.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 01:58 AM
I stopped by a Wal-Mart really late one Friday night on the way home and they had just stocked a ton of 48 to 50. I'm talking like 25 of each, including Bacara--and there were boxes they had not put out yet, so there were probably 30 or more of each of these guys. I got 3 Bacaras figuring I would customize two of them, but I'm not sure exactly how the hell I'm going to customize them. So they're just kind of sitting in their package somewhere, except for the one I opened. Incidentally, Bacara is kind of dopey looking. That big helmet with the overly large "brow" makes him look like like a Neanderthal version of a clone trooper. And he suffers from the AT-TE gunners's chunky, wide-hipped look.

Ji'dai
07-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I stopped by a Wal-Mart really late one Friday night on the way home and they had just stocked a ton of 48 to 50. I'm talking like 25 of each, including Bacara--and there were boxes they had not put out yet, so there were probably 30 or more of each of these guys.

Geez, I wish my WM would get those figs in those quantities. I still haven't found Tarkin, the Senators, or Bacara. I did find one Mustafar Anakin last Monday.

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Nothing new here as of this week. Did get the Baccara and crispy Anakin, but nothing other than those 2. I am not complaining though, just glad to get something new for a change.

Kidhuman
07-04-2005, 12:32 AM
I am all caught up. Awaiting 51-53 now.

Luuuuuuke
07-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Geez, I wish my WM would get those figs in those quantities. I still haven't found Tarkin, the Senators, or Bacara. I did find one Mustafar Anakin last Monday.

Yeah, but the Tarkin wave has been nonexistent, even at this Wal-Mart. I actually saw the Tarkin wave at Target like two weeks ago but passed. I would have only gotten Tarkin anyway because I pretty much just get clones, jedis and sith lords. But I guess I assumed since I saw these, they would become plentiful soon.
As for that WM with all the Bacaras, I have a feeling I just happened to get there at the right time. By the next day they were probably all gone. I never went back so I don't know.

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Tarkin is all over the Meijer's I got to, Ive been to like three and there there, and I havent seen the Ani wave anywhere. Ive been outta town for a few days, so I dont know whats goin on anywhere...

jaxx
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
OK... so I just got back from my 4th of July vacation to Virginia 2 days ago (all of like 600 miles away)... I went to 2 Wal*Marts and a Target when I landed and again right before I left. I found NOTHING!!!!!!! Not even the Wookie Warrior wave (which I already had back a few months ago). They had nothing up to date. Yesterday, back in the Chicagoland area, I went to Meijer, Target, and Wal*Mart... NOTHING HERE EITHER!!!

Where the hell are figures 45 and up???????? Not only could I not find any new 3 3/4" figures, but there were no more Attactix, Unleashed, or Delux figs. I hear about all of these new things coming out, like the Evolutions sets, the Battle Packs, the Clone Trooper exclusives for TRU, and the remaining figs through #56. I'm beginning to worry that I will not be able to find these new items. I don't want to result to getting them off fo the net. If what I've seen in the stores recently is any indication of what's to come for Star Wars, I'm really bummed!

Luuuuuuke
07-07-2005, 07:47 PM
it seems like it has become even harder to find anything at retail recently. I found plenty of commander bacaras, crispy anakins and r2s at one wal-mart, but before and since then, Iíve seen nothing.
Itís like when I find something, itís just because I lucked out. If it wasnít for an out of state trip a month ago, I wouldnít have had the sa clone trooper collection I have now. I only have the 500th figure vader because of kb.com and expect the same to be true with the evolution sets. This is not so much the case with more expensive lord of the rings sets, which I think usually become relatively easy to find at retail if the price is higher than $15.
But SW is just crazy. I remember a kmart employee suggested I stop by Thursday mornings to find a 3-figure deluxe clonetrooper set. I showed up the next Thursday around 8:10 am and sure enough, I found one. So I thought this formula would work on other Thursdays. But no dice. Thereís nothing.
They say some targets have been stocking at unexpected hours so that scalpers donít gobble all the items up. That sounds like a good plan, but I still never see anything. About a month ago I saw plenty of the tarkin wave at one target and I passed on tarkin(the only one I was kind of interested in) because I honestly assumed, ďwell, if I found it, it canít be too hard to find later.Ē But itís been the opposite. I hear some people are finding the bacara wave but not the older, and seemingly less appealing tarkin wave(afterall, people are always more into clone troopers than alien characters, right?)
There seems to be no constant in any of this. Except that stuff gets gobbled up almost as soon as it gets put out. Thatís the constant all of the time. Is everyone and their grandma collecting this line? Is the distribution bad? Are the case ratios bad?
One moment the clone commander is incredibly hard to get, the next moment I see like 20 in the pegs. The clone trooper #6 is always on the hard side to find, but I swear I saw more than 50 at one TRU. Where the heck did all these clones come from? There were more clones than just about any other figure at this TRU?
With LOTR I decided, the heck with that, Iíll just order stuff onlineóbut itís not easy to do this with SW without being absolutely reamed, plus stuff will appear at a place like walmart.com and then be out of stock in a flash.
Itís very frustrating.

Old Fossil
07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
You could do like I did with Tarkin/Tills/Ask Aak, and decide to skip a wave. I also have convinced myself that I don't want any more ROTS figures.

This tactic usually works until I see something new on the pegs. It's not perfect, but it keeps me from paying outrageous prices + shipping online out of sheer frustration/desperation.

Would you believe I have only seen ONE Wookiee Warrior (blonde) on the pegs, and I actually passed on it for two or three days? Only after the third visit, and seeing him still there, did I buy it. Glad I did, cause it's a nice figure, but I'm more glad I didn't pay online prices and shipping for it.

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I went into the WM here and saw no joke about 20 blonde wookie warriors. Target here is filled with the dark fur warriors.

mastermatt24
07-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I found jack squat in the last MONTH.. :mad:

Luuuuuuke
07-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I've actually seen a fair number of blonde wookies. but i'm not interested in wookies. as a matter of fact, if it weren't for clones, anakin/vaders, jedis and sith lords, i wouldn't collect ROTS. That's all I collect. I didn't even buy C3PO, R2 or any of the other main figures.
I think I've kind of tried the "Twodot Tattoine Challenge" of trying to convince myself I don't want to collect ROTS anymore:D It doesn't work.:cry:

jaxx
07-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I've seen something with this collection (ROTS line) that I haven't seen with any other collection before. I see mothers looking through the pegs for specific figures... not the first few figures like Obi-Wan #1, or Yoda, but they're searching for the newer figures like Bacara and Tarkin. They know which figures are the "newer" and harder to find ones. Their kids are telling them which numbers to look for. It adds a whole new dimension to collecting. At first we only had to "deal" with other "typical" collectors and annoying scalpers. You could walk into a store, see a man (20 to 40 years of age) standing in the toy aisle, and assume that he was going to get that last hard to find figure that you were looking for (yes, I know that I'm stereotyping, and I know that there are some women that collect, but women collectors are not as abundant as male collectors). If you saw a kid, or their mother standing in the toy aisle (in front of Star Wars), you'd normally wait for them to get out of your way/leave and not worry because you knew that they were probably going to get the "neatest looking one" or the Luke or Obi-Wan... if they got anything at all. Now, when you see a mother and a kid, it's competition because they seem to be "in the know" of what figures to get. They are now "collectors" too. You have the soccer moms that are out in the stores through out the days with their out of school kids picking up the remnants of what's left over by the scalpers that come in at the store's opening. It's getting more difficult to find the newer figures than ever before!

inkedforlife
07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I hit my local Meijers store this morning and was very pleased to finally find the Crispy Anikin wave figures 48, 49 & 50. I was happy as a pig in S*&%. I thought for once I was actually caught up for at least a week or so.

My elation lasted only until I hit the net a little while later and found that Brian's Toys is now saying they have figures 51 thru 53 and the 500th Vader to boot!! This is driving me nuts!!!! Now all I can do is hope to hurry up and get figure 51 thru 56 and the 500th Vader figure and be done with this whole collection. That is until Hasbro throws a curve ball at us and announces another 10 figures to be added to the ROTS line of figures.

I wish Hasbro could just announce when the figures are out all across the country and allow you to purchase them direct if you so desire. That would not only help the collectors but it would also help the stores from having to stock shelves at odd times to throw off the collectors and scalpers.

waboritas
07-10-2005, 07:07 PM
After searching everywhere on the North Shore in Mass the past 3 days, I finally found the Crispy Wave in of all places, KB Toyworks. What was even more shocking is they were having a big buy one get one 50% off sale throughout the store that included Star Wars. Wasn't a great deal as the regular price figs were $6.99, but I paid what I would have paid at Target or WM and got Ani, 2 Bacara and as I didn't have one from POTJ or OTC, an OTC Lobot. I will keep my eyes open for a Tarkin, but that Crispy fig has been keeping me busy for the better part of a month, so I am going to watch for sales. I am going to check out KB on a regular basis as I have had very good luck there over the years finding stuff that no one else has as well as great sales.

I love this packaging as I can open them with out destroying them and I think the Crispy Anikan is one of the more inovative figures Hasbro has put out in the past 10 years. It is about time.

Spinosaurus2004
07-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I've been all over the place lately and haven't found anything of the Crispy Anakin or Tarkin wave. The Target near me restocked a week or two ago with some of the earlier figs. I dunno when they'll restock next but I hope it's soon.

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Havent really checked in the past week...