PDA

View Full Version : EU character?

Rocketboy
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Wasn't it confirmed that an EU character would make an appearance in Sith?

Other than the mentioning of Quinlan Vos, I didn't see anything EU related.

I'm not really big in EU though, so I may have missed him/her/it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
I believe that Quinlan Vos was going to be shown on Boz Pity during the Order 66 sequence, but it wasn't filmed (or, obviously, put into the movie).

Maybe they were talking about Grievous, how he was introduced in the comics and cartoon? I bet they were talking about Quinlan, though maybe Ricky boy was trying to be funny.

JimJamBonds
05-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Maybe The Rick was just talking tounge in cheek, there were EU character's in E's I & II so why wouldn't there be some in E III.

Jim Jam

shammykenobi
05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Who was the EU character in episode 1?

JimJamBonds
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Vos is in the background in Mos Espa.

Jim Jam

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Vos is in the background in Mos Espa.

Jim Jam
Umm, what? There would be no point to have him on Mos Espa. He's a Jedi, and if there were already Jedi there, someone would have discovered Anakin before Qui-Gon did.

JimJamBonds
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Umm, what? There would be no point to have him on Mos Espa. He's a Jedi, and if there were already Jedi there, someone would have discovered Anakin before Qui-Gon did.

I agree that there wouldn't be much of a point to him being there plus wouldn't he have hooked up with Qui Gon etc? Anywho this is from starwars.com itself and includes a pic of the guy... unless I'm reading this wrong and its just another Kiffar that they used to base Vos on???

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/?id=bts

Jim Jam

darko666
06-01-2005, 10:42 PM
thats cool that they created a character from a background fill in. but now that Vos has been created, i guess that can count as a EU character in pisode I.

kool-aid killer
06-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I think the EU character in Episode 3 was General Grievous. Not as cool as Vos would have been but it was a "new" character (at least in terms of the movies, though there were a ton other new characters introduced too) in a sense. Thats a cool link, JimJamBonds, thanks for the link.

JimJamBonds
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks KaK, I actually had to do a bit of searching there.... I kinda spoke first before thinking about it.

Jim Jam

dr_evazan22
06-02-2005, 12:54 AM
One problem here - Grievous was made for the movie, but was put into some CW storylines.

How about Aayla Secura? She WAS created in the comics world, as Vos's Padawan no less.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Whoa, that Quinlan appearance in TPM is wicked! Thanks for the link! I wonder if that is really him, or just some guy who looks similar. It's cool to know that he was at least based on that guy.

I still think they meant that Quinlan was going to be in it, since he was in the script, apparently.

Rocketboy
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Wow, as many times as I've seen TPM, I've never noticed that guy.
How about Aayla Secura? She WAS created in the comics world, as Vos's Padawan no less.IIRC, Lucas saw her on a Star Wars comic cover after TPM and thought she was cool, so her put her into AOTC.

El Chuxter
06-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Quinlan on Tatooine. Man, that makes me want to vomit. (We need a pukin' smiley.)

Quinlan in the comics first showed up brainwashed. He figured out what was going on and saved his former (?) Padawan Aayla from a life of brainwashed slavery. They had many wacky adventures that chased away a lot of readers who loved the early tales about Ki-Adi-Mundi in the ongoing series and couldn't care less about these geeks. Well, until Amy Allen starred as Aayla in AOTC and folks realized Aayla was smoking hot. :kiss:

According to the comic adapation of AOTC, Quinlan was on Geonosis. We just didn't see him. Of course, Labyrinth of Evil tells us that Grievous was there, too, but didn't come out of the catacombs.

Quinlan was supposed to be in ROTS, and he's still mentioned in a line by Obi-Wan. (It's apparently pronounced "voss," not "vose," as I'd believed.) In the comic adaptation, you can see him being gunned down, which is probably the extent of what his scene was intended to be.

And I'll say it again: I don't care how dumb he wants to play, I believe Lucas reads every single piece of SW EU that's released.

Rocketboy
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Quinlan in the comics first showed up brainwashed. He figured out what was going on and saved his former (?) Padawan Aayla from a life of brainwashed slavery. They had many wacky adventures that chased away a lot of readers who loved the early tales about Ki-Adi-Mundi in the ongoing series and couldn't care less about these geeks. Well, until Amy Allen starred as Aayla in AOTC and folks realized Aayla was smoking hot. :kiss:His ongoing story in Republic started out as a decent idea but has gone on far too long with too many twists and turns. Too much like a soap opera.

According to the comic adapation of AOTC, Quinlan was on Geonosis. We just didn't see him.In Republic (I forget what issue) I believe he says shows remorse that he wasn't on Geonosis to help.

El Chuxter
06-03-2005, 12:09 PM
His ongoing story in Republic started out as a decent idea but has gone on far too long with too many twists and turns. Too much like a soap opera.
In Republic (I forget what issue) I believe he says shows remorse that he wasn't on Geonosis to help.

Interesting screw-up there. He definitely appears in the AOTC comic, but I guess they changed their minds afterwards. :crazed: