PDA

View Full Version : How Many Times Have You Seen Episode III So Far?

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Now that Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith has seen its first week of release in your part of the galaxy, how many times have you seen it so far?

Did you love it so much you went several times on opening day? Or were you satiated with only one viewing? Maybe you didnít care for it at all and once was enough!

But whether you loved it or hated it, most fans can agree Star Wars films are visually stunning and repeated viewings are often necessary to appreciate the magnitude, scope, and the grand spectacle of the Star Wars Saga.

So how much of the movie's $520 million worldwide box office is from your wallet? How many times have you seen Episode III?

(Thanks to Ji'dai for submitting a great poll!)

waboritas
05-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Once. I will wait until it comes out on dvd for multiple viewings.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2005, 09:30 AM
I've seen it twice, once each Sat. since the release. My first time through I really didn't like it. Went on 5/28 with a bunch of collector buddies and had a blast. Seinfeld was wrong--going to a movie with your friends can enhance the experience. :)

I'll probably see it once more time when it hits the dollar theater before getting in on DVD.

Ryno
05-31-2005, 09:43 AM
I've seen it twice so far. Once on 5/19 and then the following day. I didn't like it the first time around, mostly because I was waiting for all the good stuff (Anakin to turn, etc.). I went back and saw it the next day without all of the anticipation and I loved it. I felt like I was only in the theater for 10 minutes. I'll probably see it at least two more times before it goes away.

CaptainSolo1138
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Seen it twice thus far. Hoping to see it a couple more.

ronhudy
05-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Once.

I'll have to go see it a second time to make sure if I really disliked it as much as I think I did. Hopefully not...

LusiferSam
05-31-2005, 11:53 AM
I seen ROTS just once. I'll maybe go one more time, but that would be it.

trandoshan666
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I've seen it four times so far, and plan on seeing it at least two more times in the theater. Then I'll wait for the DVD.

sith_killer_99
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
I just took my daughter to see it yesterday. I went on opening weekend by myself. So that makes 2 times. I may go see it once or twice more, depending on how much time I have 2 1/2 hours is a long time for a film! :D

Slicker
05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I've seen it 4 times with many more on the way.

darko666
05-31-2005, 01:29 PM
i've seen the movie 5 times. now i will just wait for the dvd to come out.

decadentdave
05-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Seen it 6 times in the theater and about 4 times since I downloaded the SVCD.

Oh, and I HAVE paid to see it again in the theater even after downloading it so all those greedy Lucasfilm suits can stop worrying that they will lose money cuz I'm going to keep going back to see it on the big screen as many times as I can.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Seen it 6 times in the theater and about 4 times since I downloaded the SVCD.

Oh, and I HAVE paid to see it again in the theater even after downloading it so all those greedy Lucasfilm suits can stop worrying that they will lose money cuz I'm going to keep going back to see it on the big screen as many times as I can.
It's not being greedy, it's not wanting to get robbed. It's stealing, plain and simple.

Anyway, so far I've seen it twice, and I'll likely see it four more times in the theater (that's what I did for TPM and AOTC).

HomeLights
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Downloaded and watched it - have not seen in theaters and do not intend to.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Once, but have taken this weekend off from work in order to squeeze a second viewing. I've seen ROTJ, TPM, & AOTC twice at the theatre and I hope to at least equal it for ROTS.

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 06:16 PM
I've seen it 4 times now, all in the opening week. If I had a local theater showing the DLP version of the film I might see it again but since I don't I think I'm good until the DVD is released later in the year.

Ji'dai
05-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Just once so far, on opening day. I plan on seeing it again in mid-June; then any future viewings will be at home after the DVD release. Thanks for using my poll!

decadentdave
05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
It's not being greedy, it's not wanting to get robbed. It's stealing, plain and simple.

I don't consider it stealing when I am still paying them admission to watch it theatrically. I do not consider an inferior quality bootleg copy stealing. I call it "something to hold me over until my next theatrical screening and until I pay them for a superior quality DVD."

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I've seen it twice, once on opening day digitally and a second time on the 28th anniversary of Star Wars at the local independent theater where it's film projection. I've toyed with the idea of going back, but that's mainly to support that great indie theater more than it is about seeing the film itself, though I do think the bigscreen experience is crucial to enjoying movies.

I can't believe someone admitted to downloading the movie off the net. :p

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't consider it stealing when I am still paying them admission to watch it theatrically. I do not consider an inferior quality bootleg copy stealing. I call it "something to hold me over until my next theatrical screening and until I pay them for a superior quality DVD."

Yes, but by downloading/buying a bootleg copy of the movie you support the people who turn profit making illegal versions of theatrical films available. You and others may still pay to see the film theatrically or on DVD but given the option to obtain a bootleg copy you can be sure others will not. While in the long run it might not hurt this film's gross you wouldn't be able to make that same claim about a movie that doesn't have such a strong following. As long as you're taking something that isn't yours its stealing and this movie isn't legally available to be owned by anyone yet. No matter how you justify your acts in your own mind it is still stealing.

darthverbo
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
I've seen it 6 times and will see it at least twice more. I'm 35 years old too! I don't know why. I just can't miss the opportunity to see it on a big screen.
Maybe it is because when I was a kid I couldn't go see Star Wars 20 times because the theatre was 30 minutes away. I'm doing it now because I have a car!
I hate all the critical whining crap everybody is doing about this movie! ROTS is a pure joy to watch. There is no way to make everyone happy. The most whining I have heard is from devoted fans as well. What the H***!
The only thing I can honestly say I will accept as far as critisism is the fact that Qui-Gon has no cameo. Voice or otherwise. It would have been nice to have him apart of the last film. Maybe he will make the DVD. Other than that, this film made me laugh and did exactly what I wanted it to do. Tell me how Anakin became Darth Vader. Now we all know!

Kidhuman
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Caught it twice and going again next weekend to see it again, and then with the kids sometime soon, possibly Friday, so will be 4 times by next weekend

DarthQuack
06-01-2005, 09:27 AM
I have seen it twice, midnight showing and the first Saturday, but will be going today for my 3rd viewing with a friend who has yet to see it yet so it should be fun :)

Ric Olie
06-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I've seen it four times. I planned on seeing it atleast five times as I did with The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

bobafrett
06-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Embarresed to say it, but I have only seen it once so far. Not entirely my fault, I have been busy doing news broadcasts in my armor, doing theatre gigs, and then I had to make a trip up North due to a death in the family. I want to see it later this week, but only time will tell if I will get to do so.

jedi master sal
06-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I've seen it 15 times!!!
Here's the breakdown:
4/19 Midnight premiere, 9am, 11:50am, 2:40pm, 5:30pm, 8:20pm
4/20 9am, 11:50am, 2:40pm, 5:30pm, 8:20pm
4/21 12:30pm, 3:45pm
4/22 2:15pm
4/28 2:45pm

I plan on seeing it at least once, if not more times this weekend as well. My goal is 20 total times in the theaters. If you ask me why so many times...simple-

Star Wars is meant be enjoyed on the BIG screen! Watching it on TV, no matter how big of a screen you have, is just not the same experience.

For me I have the added joy of noticing all the first time veiwers and their respective reactions to certain scenes in the movie. I've met dozens of grreat fellow fans and encouraged them to join my local SW club.

Also, veiwing it on the big screen, you get to notice so much MORE! Over the past few viewings, I haven't even watched the principal actors, but rather all the background characters and "traffic" going on in the background. I've noticed more and new things every time I view it. I also have the benefit I really studing the faces of the actors as they are portrying their roles. You know, they've done ALOT better this go around!

For those who have illegally downloaded it, or just watched it outside of a theater, I say SHAME on you. Doing that is tantamount to being a scalper in the collecting world. What I mean is that, you have every opportunity to see it in it's intended environment, but to save a few dollars, you'll cheat or steal from the system.

I grew up with these movies and would never dishonor them by viewing them illegally. I saw them MANY times in the theater as a kid. Mostly because that was the only way you could for so long a time. I like to keep those traditions. You've destroyed tha for yourselves with your own greed.

I however can thankfully say that I've seen the movie as many times as I did, in the theater. Not to be boastful, but as a matter of pride and honor in the greatest movie story ever told.

-Sal

Darth Fred
06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Haven't seen it yet. Wanted to wait for the crowds to trickle off some. Going this Sunday June 5 with my kid brother.
F

Exhaust Port
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I've seen it twice; one time analog and one time digital.

mastersith71
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
11 times thus far. Will see again as long as its in theaters and I have the $$$$. Definately a repeater. So much action, once isn't enough to catch everything. Have seen all of the little hiddens extras too. George Lucas as the Barron, the Falcon, the boxing clone trooper vs the Separtist droid, etc. One of the best in the entire saga.

Tycho
06-03-2005, 01:13 AM
I've seen it 7 times so far. It is seriously my favorite SW film right now!

Yes, seeing it on the big screen is awesome - and JediMasterSal, I too like seeing the audience reactions. R2D2 and Yoda (especially killing the clones and knocking out the Royal Guards) get a lot of positive applause and "Yeah's!"

My friend got a pirate copy for free from a friend of his - I'm not sure how that guy came by it - but I wouldn't want a copy at all right now. We watched it a few days ago , but not only is it not the REAL DVD with everything on it that I can't wait for (I love the official DVD's "planet title menus" and environments), but even that cannot compare to seeing it in the theater! I'll support Lucas and McCallum and their efforts 150%. (actually that number is somewhat higher given the size of my collection and the amount of money I've invested in Star Wars!)

Well these past few days I've been away from a movie theater I am going through serious ROTS withdrawal symptoms and am likely going to have to go to see the film again this weekend (my 8th time at the theaters).

My hands start shaking. Then I have to hold my lightsaber and take swings at imaginary enemies in the air. Then I have to do this while watching the other Star Wars movies at home. Then I have to get to the movie theater.

I'm a Sith-addict! There's no denying that now. I'll see you at the theater!

Let's see, do they still have that 1am showing in a theater near me.... :crazed:

mastersith71
06-03-2005, 05:28 AM
I absolutely agree with you about the pirate copy out there. Too much to lose just by owning the darn thing. I wonder if Lucasfilm has found out who leaked it or how it even got leaked. Film companies are going to become like jails. The only way to get anything in or out on your person is by being searched. Sad to say, but this might be the only way to prevent workprint pirating. If it was sent via internet, they should trace it. What a shame too. Mr. Lucas's energy has went into this saga over the past 28 years. Then thiefs come along and steal 1/3 of his life's work away from him. But the real fans will still go out to the theaters and buy the 'real' DVD when it is released. May the force be with all of us!!! And pirators can burn in Mustafar!!

bobafrett
06-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I finally saw this a second time last night. I went to a 10:30 pm showing at a digital theatre. I must say, if you have the chance, see it in the digital theatre providing you have one close enough to you. It looks so much better, or maybe I was just more alert this time, in digital.

Rogue II
06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Once. I will wait until it comes out on dvd for multiple viewings.
Me too. I'm not shelling out another $10 to go see it again.

Kidhuman
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, I went again with the kids tonight, found a really nice theatre, cheap tickets, 4 bucks a pop and cheap sodas and candy. Spent less then 25 bucks total for everything.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-04-2005, 01:35 AM
I saw the midnight showing and then went to a 12:20 showing on 5/20. I'd like to see it at least one more time, but it would be better if I went with someone.

I guess I also like to hear other people's reaction to the movie when I am on repeat viewings.

I prefer to go to matinee showings, where the price is $5.50 here. I never buy food in the theater either, so it only costs as much as one basic Star Wars figure. The problem for me now is that I just don't feel like taking three hours out of the middle of my day to go sit in the theater. Perhaps I got burned out on it by TPM, as I saw that 7 times. I only saw AOTC 3 times. I shall see ROTS at least 3 times, but probably no more unless I see it with someone else.

I think downloading would take too much time and use up too much space on my computer to be worthwhile. Why bother when I can go see it on the big screen? It will only be there for a limited time. It will be out on DVD soon enough with all the bells and whistles that a pirated/downloaded copy won't have.

Slicker
06-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, I went again with the kids tonight, found a really nice theatre, cheap tickets, 4 bucks a pop and cheap sodas and candy. Spent less then 25 bucks total for everything.Not bad KH. I know every time that I've seen it thus far has been at a discount of about $2 per time I've seen it. I can't wait until this movie hits the base theater for $1. I'll be their all day.

Rogue II
06-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Not bad KH. I know every time that I've seen it thus far has been at a discount of about $2 per time I've seen it. I can't wait until this movie hits the base theater for $1. I'll be their all day.

I haven't seen a movie in our base theater yet. I hear the Army has a lot better theaters than the Air Force.

Slicker
06-04-2005, 12:17 PM
The Navy theater where I'm at is pretty dumpy (NAS Oceana) but they do manage to get some brand new first run movies and they sometimes have previews before they're even out in civilian theaters.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm at 4 times

4/18: 7:30 pm Press screening
4/19: 12:01 am showing
4/21 & 4/28- Friends & then the Family

I'll see it at least 2-3 times more on the big screen. And yeah, the bootleg copy is kinda shaddy. I'm on a college campus with nutty speeds and have seen copies of the flick my friends have and it's just not the same. Maybe once it leaves the theater for good il'l watch a boot to hold me over, but while its playing on the big screen, i'll shell out the 6.50 to go see it again and again. :crazed:

DarthAngel
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I've seen it 15 times!!!
Here's the breakdown:
4/19 Midnight premiere, 9am, 11:50am, 2:40pm, 5:30pm, 8:20pm
4/20 9am, 11:50am, 2:40pm, 5:30pm, 8:20pm
4/21 12:30pm, 3:45pm
4/22 2:15pm
4/28 2:45pm

I plan on seeing it at least once, if not more times this weekend as well. My goal is 20 total times in the theaters. If you ask me why so many times...simple-

Star Wars is meant be enjoyed on the BIG screen! Watching it on TV, no matter how big of a screen you have, is just not the same experience.

For me I have the added joy of noticing all the first time veiwers and their respective reactions to certain scenes in the movie. I've met dozens of grreat fellow fans and encouraged them to join my local SW club.

Also, veiwing it on the big screen, you get to notice so much MORE! Over the past few viewings, I haven't even watched the principal actors, but rather all the background characters and "traffic" going on in the background. I've noticed more and new things every time I view it. I also have the benefit I really studing the faces of the actors as they are portrying their roles. You know, they've done ALOT better this go around!

For those who have illegally downloaded it, or just watched it outside of a theater, I say SHAME on you. Doing that is tantamount to being a scalper in the collecting world. What I mean is that, you have every opportunity to see it in it's intended environment, but to save a few dollars, you'll cheat or steal from the system.

I grew up with these movies and would never dishonor them by viewing them illegally. I saw them MANY times in the theater as a kid. Mostly because that was the only way you could for so long a time. I like to keep those traditions. You've destroyed tha for yourselves with your own greed.

I however can thankfully say that I've seen the movie as many times as I did, in the theater. Not to be boastful, but as a matter of pride and honor in the greatest movie story ever told.

-Sal

I don't mean to be a pain, but the movie came out May 19th, not April 19th...but I am sure that was just an honest mistake.

I've seen it 17 times: 5/19 midnight opening, 10:15am, 3:45pm, 9:20pm; 5/20 11:00am, 2:10pm, 7:05; 5/20 9:35pm; 5/21 noon, 8:45pm; 5/22 12:50, 7:10pm; 5/23 10:10am; 5/24 1:30pm; 5/25 9:35; 5/26 8:15pm; 5/27 10:45pm

Tonight will make it my 18th time...gosh I love being a college student.

2-1B
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
In a few hours I'll be taking in my 10th viewing of Sith.