PDA

View Full Version : Wookiee Worries

sebillba
05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I've just got ROTS 42 (Neimoidian Warrior) and 43 (Wookiee Warrior) - two great looking figures... the latter is a little cartoony, but hey, you can't have too many wookiees. My excitement soon turned to disappointment though, when I opened the wookiee, and his arm fell off at the elbow. It fits back easy enough, but it doesn't really click into place, and drops off again at the slightest twist.

Has anyone else opened up one of these guys? I want to know if I should get another one, or if they all suffer the same design fault.

Spaced Slugg
05-31-2005, 05:04 PM
My Wookie doesent do this, but Plo Koon does and when I opened polis Massan and tried to remove the rubber band on his wrist it catapulted his hand across the room and it took 30 minutes to find it again!
Its the cruddy cheap plastic they use these days :mad:

Anakins_Shadow
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Simple business guys, Less costs in makin the product, more profit you will make. Hasbro is a great example of this :P

Bosskman
05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
My tan wookie did the same thing but my brown wookies didn't. They look pretty good together with the other wookies though, especially if you mix & match weapons.

sebillba
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Cheers for the info guys. Re Bosskman's tan and brown wookiees... are these variants of #43? Mine's a tan one.

beckmen
05-31-2005, 06:16 PM
"I bent my wookie!"

Anyway, my ATTE Gunner's right arm likes to come of a alot. Kind of fun battle damage, though. Also it's fun to remove a SA or Quick-Draw Clone's hand and then pose him where he's looking at his stub. It's fun-nay...

tagmac
05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
My tan wookie did the same thing but my brown wookies didn't. They look pretty good together with the other wookies though, especially if you mix & match weapons.

Ditto for me, too.

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Cheers for the info guys. Re Bosskman's tan and brown wookiees... are these variants of #43? Mine's a tan one.

Yes, there is a tan version and a brown version for the #43 Wookie Warrior.

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
"I bent my wookie!"

Anyway, my ATTE Gunner's right arm likes to come of a alot. Kind of fun battle damage, though. Also it's fun to remove a SA or Quick-Draw Clone's hand and then pose him where he's looking at his stub. It's fun-nay...
Funny, my AT-TE Gunner's left arm comes out very easily.

As for the Wookiee Warrior, I have a tan and a brown one, neither has any joint problems at all.

Bossk77
06-01-2005, 12:09 AM
LOL... My joints are worse than my toys' joints. :bored:

Jek Porky 2002
06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Where there actually any tan wookies in the film?

I can't wait to get both versions of this figure!

aceguide
06-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Loose joints make for great battle field injuries. The 8 year old can tell you where every point of articulation on a figure is - so long as it means separation from its "owner."

CrunchyNug
06-01-2005, 12:15 PM
I had this problem with one of my Brown Wookies. I just exchanged him for another at the store...now his joints are nice and tight; ready for battle!!!

abell748
06-01-2005, 12:36 PM
After hearing all the stories of parts falling off, I'm glad I decided to keep them carded. (I did open one wookiee and one #36 Grievous after which I decided I like my figures in one piece and did not open anymore). These problems make the Hasbro stuff sound like knock-off figures from Mexico or something.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-01-2005, 12:51 PM
My brown and tan wookie joints are tight. You probably have a 50/50 chance of opening a figure and something not working right these days.

my intoxicated Jawa figure wont stand up...

sigh.....

sebillba
06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I had this problem with one of my Brown Wookies. I just exchanged him for another at the store...now his joints are nice and tight; ready for battle!!!

Unfortunately I'm in the UK, so don't have the luxury of finding most of my figures in the stores... I have to get them from the net, and at around $15 each, I expect them to be a bit sturdier. Thanks Hasbro, for letting us down on both availability and quality!

Oh well, I've ordered a brown one now, so fingers crossed it won't fall apart.

sith_killer_99
06-02-2005, 12:27 PM
It wasn't me, it was the one-armed Wookie! :D