PDA

View Full Version : What's ahead for 2006

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2005, 04:52 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4517&zoneid=2

The ENTIRE vintage line reproduced??? I hope that this takes the course of a few years, since the set of 12 was expensive enough. I hope they don't all come in clamshells, since I have the other ones just lying around - I don't want to throw them away, but as of right now I have no use for them.

Hopefully the 2" line will suck and I won't want to collect them. :D

mark2d2
05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
This is an interesting bit of news. So far, the Swami has usually been on target.

Heck, even if they don't do the ENTIRE line, I feel fairly assured now that I will get a few "dream" figs like soft goods Jawa's and Tusken Raiders. Not to mention, Hammerhead, Powerdroid, and OF COURSE!!!! the criminally long neglected R5-D4. . .

General_Grievous
05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I definitely believe the Swami about the Tonnika sister thing. But I heard that there will be 12 more ROTS figures in the fall. Why didn't Swami mention that?

Veers
05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I hope that info is correct!

El Chuxter
05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
I'd much prefer four VOTC-quality figures from each prequel (and I'm trying to leave out characters that have been done well or look to be done well in upcoming Evolutions sets):

TPM:
1) Qui-Gon Jinn
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3) Queen Amidala
4) Jar Jar Binks

AOTC:
1) Anakin Skywalker
2) Padme Amidala
3) Obi-Wan Kenobi
4) (insert your favorite Jedi here!!)

ROTS:
1) Darth Vader (pre-Mustafar)
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3) Mace Windu
4) Emperor Palpatine (pre-melting, with lightsaber)

Tonnika Sisters sounds like some long-awaited news, though. :D

DarthQuack
05-31-2005, 06:48 PM
This looks awesome if it is indeed what they plan on doing. It would be great to get a VOTC Greedo, Ponda Boba, and another other denzien of the cantina or Jabba's Palace :)

Bossk77
05-31-2005, 06:57 PM
I just want at Rooted-hair Chewbacca!

evenflow
05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
I hope he is wrong, i dont mind, and actually would love a few more VOTC, but by no means all 96.

DarkArtist
05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm sort of sad to hear that ROTS might come to an end at in 05. However if the past is a vision to the future then the figures will continue to be seen just on a new card style. the vintage line looks to be a welcome sight, i loved this line and i am looking forward to seeing it again.
Perhaps hasbro will use this format to release some of the characters that have not made it yet.

Clonetrooper630
05-31-2005, 09:35 PM
I just hope that they don't use the VTOC name jus to increase the price to 10 buck again:ermm:

darko666
05-31-2005, 09:59 PM
thats the best news i have heard today. jut the fact of having reproduced versions of the classic figures will make the hobby of collecting these figures so much better. at least we still have until the fall for rots figures to come out.

Fluke Skywalker
05-31-2005, 10:23 PM
I hope that they do return to the black cardbacks for the 'Basic' line. As far as the return of the VOTC, bring it on! I loved the VOTC. I just hope....

1. That even if they keep the clamshell, the price is closer to $7.99 than to $9.99.

2. They stick to the 4 at one time from each movie theme.

3. That they eventually give the PT the VOTC treatment. At least one wave from each movie.

Scackmgack
06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
A proper TIE Fighter?

That's what I'm talking about!!!

VaderhitsJarjar
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes, Hasbro has beaten us too many times with the money-stick!
Oh I hope for these figures to be in the 6.99-7.99 range.

Though my hat is off to their marketing weasels for pulling off yet another month of money not being placed into my savings account.

The "mistakes" (blue saber palps) and variations and the sequence of waves have been near perfect on keeping peg warmers off the aisle. Or floor if you've seen walmart lately. Man they cant keep the pegs from falling. I think i saw more figures on the floor in the last few weeks than open checkoutlines.

And why the heck do families go grocery shopping at 12:30am with their kids in diapers. Ok I'm done

Bacta Beast
06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
I'd much prefer four VOTC-quality figures from each prequel (and I'm trying to leave out characters that have been done well or look to be done well in upcoming Evolutions sets):

TPM:
1) Qui-Gon Jinn
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3) Queen Amidala
4) Jar Jar Binks

AOTC:
1) Anakin Skywalker
2) Padme Amidala
3) Obi-Wan Kenobi
4) (insert your favorite Jedi here!!)

ROTS:
1) Darth Vader (pre-Mustafar)
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3) Mace Windu
4) Emperor Palpatine (pre-melting, with lightsaber)

Tonnika Sisters sounds like some long-awaited news, though. :D

We are getting a great Anakin from AOTC in the Evolution set (finally). How about Jango?! And if they took all three of the Obi-Wans and put them in a Evolution set then that would free those spots up for others characters as well. How about some Naboo guards, or Sand people. And then another evolutionset with 3P0, from EI to EIII, each with hard plastic (not the soft crap) and articulated knees!

Bacta Beast
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
And why aren't they making the Cloud Car!!!!!???? Man the blows!!! I Hate you Hasbro!!!!

Sith Lord 0498
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
And why aren't they making the Cloud Car!!!!!???? Man the blows!!! I Hate you Hasbro!!!!

Especially when they made an all-new sculpt of the Cloud Car Pilot for the OTC.

beckmen
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I'd love a new Jango. As much as I love my Saga version(s), it would rock to have one with way more articulation like the SA Clones or something.

abell748
06-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I like the idea of continuing the Evolutions line. Then they can give us a sweet set of Jango, young Boba, old Boba, and one with Luke that would us kick a** versions of Bespin and Jedi outfits (since New Hope was done for the VOTC, make the third figure a good X-Wing pilot). The only way that I will really continue on into 2006 after a lifetime of collecting is if the figures are of this quality. More rehashes that don't have more than 5 points of articulation will not keep me in full force (just new stuff not produced before). I think that Hasbro has alot riding on what they do in '06. This will be the continue it or end it point for alot of collectors, man I hope they don't screw it up!!!!!

dindae
06-02-2005, 10:23 AM
What I would like to see is an evolution Padme Queen - Senator - Mother. There are plenty of outfits they can use that we haven't seen before. Maybe a pilot one with AOTC clone pilot, E3 clone pilot, rebel pilot orange jumpsuit (they could make a Hobbie or other lesser know pilot here). Of course they could release a TIE figheter pilot too but I felt the E3 clone was moving in the direction of the rebel pilot more than the Tie pilot. This could also be a good way to offer a few EU figures as well. Two figures from the movie and 1 from EU to complete the evolutionary link like Padme-Leia-Jaina. I bet that would really cheese some EU fans off to get Jaina without Jacen or Anakin.

Ryno
06-02-2005, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=abell748]Then they can give us a sweet set of Jango, young Boba, old Boba, and one with Luke that would us kick a** versions of Bespin and Jedi outfits (since New Hope was done for the VOTC, make the third figure a good X-Wing pilot). QUOTE]

I've been waiting for a good Luke X-Wing pilot since POTF2. The first one was too bulky and the POTJ/OTC one (despite having a removable helmet) just sucked. Make a good one with a removable helmet and his belt with blaster holster and hole for his lightsaber (think landing on Dagobah) and I'll be shouting "yippie!" like a bad acting nine year-old. lol

VaderhitsJarjar
06-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I hope the end isnt near - the quality of the figures is just beginning to keep me interested. Of course once I loose interest is when the figures become valuable cause they quit production and only a handful are released.

I want a droid tank - I kick myself for passing on them but they were so expensive for their size.. wasnt the hellfire droid 29.99?

I mean i just bought a gunship for 28.99

If anyone has a loose droid tank I may trade - i dont know let me know what you need.

ROTJLuke
06-04-2005, 01:03 PM
I just want a kick a** Luke Jedi DS II...see below for what I want, haha...