PDA

View Full Version : VOTC & OTC are coming back and the Sisters are on the list!!

Turbowars
05-31-2005, 06:18 PM
If you're a big fan of the Original Trilogy, prepare for more retro-goodness to come!

There will be a continuation of the amazing Vintage Original Trilogy Collection for 2006! Hasbro will reproduce the entire cast of vintage figures into the updated, nicely sculpted and articulated marvels of the VOTC. After the Revenge of the Sith assortment concludes this fall, Hasbro will bring back the OTC style cardbacks and more Original Trilogy characters like the Tonnika sister that Galactic Hunter reported about at Celebration III. Hasbro also is planning to release a new TIE Fighter with correctly scaled wings along with reissuing and repainting a few other vehicles. Unfortunately, there is no Cloud Car in the foreseeable future.

Info from GH http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4517&zoneid=2

Rogue II
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, it looks like I can start collecting again. It is good to see the OTC cards coming back. I've only bought 4 of the ROTS line (Tarkin, C-3PO, Emperor, and Red Royal Guard)

DarkArtist
05-31-2005, 08:42 PM
I'd love to see the vintage line come back again. The price would have to drop maybe $6.99 a figure instead of the $10. It would be interesting to see all the original figures redone in a new sa figure. I also agree that the idea of reissuing the POTF card style with a new redone coin feature, it would be just like the past once again.

jjreason
05-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Well I'd agree that there's more room in the VOTC Inn for sure - but I'm personally not ready to pay $15 for a VOTC General Madine or Lobot figure. Stick with the main variations of the main characters - Bespins and Hoths for starters, then work into the ROJ versions - trench coat Han, Jedi Luke, Endor Leia. Snowtrooper and Biker Scout would be right up there as well.

I'm a little relieved that the Swami said in the quote that the figures he named are from his wishlist, as opposed to his Crystal Ball (yes, it's hokey - but he seems to know what's upcoming, that's for sure).

I'll be happy to get some more OTC stuff, but with any luck they'll press out a few more ROTS Clones as well.

Kidhuman
05-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Good news, hopefully it pans out and price drops.

Turbowars
05-31-2005, 11:38 PM
I hope they make every single figure over again in the VOTC line. I'll buy every one @10 bucks and Hasbro knows you will to.

About the GH post, that's why I edited it to get to the point and to not post the figures he wants though those are good ones to be redone.

figrin bran
06-01-2005, 02:02 AM
I hope they make every single figure over again in the VOTC line. I'll buy every one @10 bucks and Hasbro knows you will to.

About the GH post, that's why I edited it to get to the point and to not post the figures he wants though those are good ones to be redone.

yesssss, i would buy just about every one @10. heck, i'd pay 20 for R5D4 and Wedge!

CaptainSolo1138
06-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm really excited (well, about as excited as I can get over toys :D ) to see a scale winged TIE finally coming out after all this time. No more short stumpy wings!!!

Anakins_Shadow
06-01-2005, 11:28 AM
How Reliable is this guy's info?

sith_killer_99
06-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, the TIE was no surprise to me. Rumor of this thing has been floating around for months.

As for every vintage figure getting the re-deux as VOTC, I have mixed feelings.

Which card design do they go with? Random like the last time? Sure we got 4 of each card, but what happens when you try to go that route with 70+ figures? Where else can they go with this? Droids? Ewoks? Re-issues of VOTC on POTF cards with coins? A VOTC Stormtrooper on each card type? That could get way tooo expensive at $10.00 a pop!

I am all for the OTC style packaging! We all seem to love it and I told the Hasbro rep that at C3! just keep the price down to $5.00 or so and everything will be fine.

VOTC is a double edged sword. On the one hand, most of the VOTC figures rock. On the other hand I felt like an idiot for droping $10.00 on that C-3PO. Some of the vintage figures would work well with the VOTC treatment, others would be a big let down and at $10.00 a pop, Hasbro can ill afford to let that happen. Remember how badly stores were marking down the first batches of VOTC at the end of the OTC line. I bought like 4-5 Stormtroopers for $5.00 or less! We had Han, Luke, Ben and Leia sitting around for months. KB Toys still had 'em. Though that's no surprise, considering they are still charing $12.99 each for them.

VOTC should be limited IMO. Unless they drop the price considerably.

I still love the OTC line and hopefully Hasbro will continue with those beautiful Canadian starburst backgrounds!

aricajade
06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I can't imagine that they would do ALL the old figures over again. But I could definitely see another dozen or so to compliment the first wave. I have never heard of the swami before, so I don't know how much stock to put into it. I will believe it when I see pics from someone who found them.

But I sure hope they do. We could use a Wicket, Biker Scout, Emperor, other bounty hunters, hoth gear characters, rebel pilot luke, bespin han and luke, etc.

JEDIpartner
06-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I honestly dread another wave of the VOTC figures. That kinda takes away the "specialness" of the initial batch. It really wouldn't kill them to just apply better tooling and sculpting to the regular figure line and just hurry up and get us a new R5-D4 as well.

sith_killer_99
06-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I have never heard of the swami before, so I don't know how much stock to put into it.

He's the all seeing eye over at GH.com. He has been known to come up with pretty reliable information on several ocassions. If he put it out there, it's pretty safe to say we will be seeing more of the OTC and VOTC lines as well as that new TIE. I wouldn't put much stock in the notion that they will re-deux all of the vintage figures in the VOTC line, but it is safe to say we will see more of them.

I honestly dread another wave of the VOTC figures. That kinda takes away the "specialness" of the initial batch.

Funny, I thought finding 2/3's of the VOTC line on clearance at 50% (or more) off kinda took away from the "specailness" of them. But that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a couple more figures for VOTC, but they need to limit this line. Four more, for each card design would be pushing it IMO, but it would be do-able.

My real question is what can we expect from a new OTC line? Will we get figures from all 6 films, I certainly hope so. Will we see a truck load of re-cards? If so, let's hope they give us more Army Builder figures!

Blackened88
06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
This is awesome a new TIE with good wings, I can only hope the price gets dropped with these figs.

dindae
06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I have thought a lot about how I feel about a complete redo of the vintage line in VOTC style. At first I thought this is dumb there are so many figures I don't need another sculpt for but then I started going down the list and found there was room for improvement for most of the figures. There are a few like FX-7 and the Royal Guard that I can't see them improving. Ultimately the biggext problem I have is the price. I can't see going back up to $10 to get the same detail and articulation that we are seeing in some of the ROTS line (SA clone, AT-TE Gunner, Dooku, etc). If the cost is due to the clamshell ditch it. Mainly though I just don't have the faith that the quality would be consistantly in the I am happy to pay $10 range like Boba Fett because of the horrid C-3PO.

AmanaMatt
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
As an adult collector, I am all for bringing back VOTC and/or the OTC lines - I think they should release the core figs on the VOTC brand and the less essential ones (eg Madine) in the OTC one.....the idea of getting VOTC versions of snowtroopers, biker scouts, At-At drivers and the like makes me all geeky inside...who here would not love more VOTC sytle cantina aliens or the like...? As to whether they would do all of the originals ala Votc, I dunno as that is alot, but I personally would get them, and I will not try to say otherwise, cause it wouldn't be true.

DarkArtist
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes i agree that not every figure should get the votc figure treatment, and that some can be in the otc figure waves, like ewoks, droids, jawas. maybe even some of the other lesser known characters still waiting to get the plastic treatment.
As far as some of the already existing characters, royal guard from rots, this figure should just be a rerelease because he is just so hard to find.

Rogue II
06-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I haven't purchased any of the VOTC figures. They just don't seem to be worth the extra money, especially since I don't have a carded collection. I will probably continue not collecting them and just hope for a wide variety of OTC figures.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
All we really paid for was the new packaging.
The card stock wasnt the best quality. Plus, ROTS and many of the OTC, and CW figures prove that we can get the same type quality figure for a much lower price price.

Right before the movie the walmarts in my area had pegs of Han, Lando, Luke and Ben for $2.99. The Leia, R2D2 and Vaders all went at the $4.99 price - but before that they just sat.

and sat....

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I haven't purchased any of the VOTC figures. They just don't seem to be worth the extra money, especially since I don't have a carded collection. I will probably continue not collecting them and just hope for a wide variety of OTC figures.How did you pass up Chewy and Fett? They are well worth 9.99. They are the best examples of these figures to date. The only real dogs in the set was Leia and 3PO.

ROTJLuke
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM
This is amazing news!! Haha...it makes me feckin' happy! BRING ON THE JEDI LUKE DS II!!!

rbaumhauer
06-04-2005, 07:38 PM
How did you pass up Chewy and Fett? They are well worth 9.99. They are the best examples of these figures to date. The only real dogs in the set was Leia and 3PO.

And the Stormie, how could you forget the Stormie? How anybody could have resisted that figure, I have no idea. While the Luke, Obi-wan, Yoda, and (especially) 3PO were far from "best ever" status, the rest were really pretty fantastic.

But the Stormtrooper was packed full of more action figure goodness than any other figure ever.........really, it was that good (as long as you got one with a good paint job).

Rick

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Man, I can't believe I forgot about the Stormy. My bad.

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Great news indeed. I love the OTC style cards but as far as the VOTC goes I'll echo others feelings about them, just the core characters please and drop the price point. Most of all I've got to agree with JP -BRING ON R5-D4. Now that the prequels are finished he should top the list of OT figures that need to be remade.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes - we will never need another chewie again

except for a VOTC Hoth Freezn' Probe droid blastn' Chewbacca

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Yes - we will never need another chewie again

except for a VOTC Hoth Freezn' Probe droid blastn' ChewbaccaHow about a VOTC Probe Droid? Now that would be damn cool. A series of SA deluxe would be awsome.

darko666
06-05-2005, 12:47 AM
so many possibilites for great figures to come out in this collection. this will make collecting these figures so much more fun. it will bring me back to when i was younger and buying the vintage figures. if only these new figures costed $2-#3 like their older predacesors did.. army builders would have a field day.

i'm looking forward to the new sculpts of the bounty hunters, tusken raider, jawa, bib fortuna, emperor and other great characters. bring it on Hasbro, my money awaits.

Kyle Katarn
06-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Amazing news, Turbowars, I think Hasbro wills surprise us this time with excellent sculpts and great vehicles. I hope we get the characters that haven't been produced.

Old Fossil
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
I bought all the VOTC and I'd buy any further issues in that line! The possiblity of a VOTC R5-D4, Hammerhead, Sandpeople, and Jawa gives me something to look forward to for collecting in 2006.

sith_killer_99
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
See, I just have a hard time with the idea of caughing up $10.00 for a VOTC figure, like a Jawa or an R5-D4. Heck, I almost feel cheated getting just one of these little guys for $5.00! Maybe it's the cheap skate in me. :D

Vortex
06-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm going to be skeptical for a while until I see figures in Lee's or Tomarts or at a Toy Fair.

Swami has been on target - on some occasions, but I still have a print out of a list he did not to long ago...

which had 4-lom, at-at driver, vader bespin dinner, imp gunner, r5-d4, ree-yees, zuckuss etc... listed as redo's for '05 and the OTC line.

I still have reservations about how long the line will actual last at retail and if on-line sales or "exclusive" vendors can keep it going. Even with a possible TV show on the horizon I don't know how long vendors will stay interested. Here in MN a local TRU is already closing and going out of business, Targets have already downsized the SW section and I can only guess at how much stock was pre-ordered to keep the pegs fresh.

I'll wait before I get excited about it and wait until its announced officially by hasbro.

Turbowars
06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
You just took all the fun out of it. Optimistic, you must be.;)

ROTJLuke
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
You just took all the fun out of it. Optimistic, you must be.;)

Agreed, Im a hardcore OT figure fan, esp. the core characters, an the ocasional background character, and if this news is true, I cant wait to see it. Its another chance to get figures I want...esp. my DS II Jedi Luke, so like I said before, bring it on Hasbro, if this is for the collectors, then this is like the best thing that has happened in a long time...just think, a line or two of figures - action features and s**ty sculpting...what an exciting time to be a collector :D :D

mark2d2
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I bought all the VOTC and I'd buy any further issues in that line! The possiblity of a VOTC R5-D4, Hammerhead, Sandpeople, and Jawa gives me something to look forward to for collecting in 2006.

I agree. These four figures top my most wanted list. And I am estactic as I now feel fairly certain that these will be hitting the shelves in 2006.

:crazed:

ROTJLuke
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
its gonna be sweet if its for sure, all we can do is hope and wait...

Old Fossil
06-21-2005, 01:09 PM
its gonna be sweet if its for sure, all we can do is hope and wait...

Yep, and we shouldn't be waiting too long. We're in the home stretch now with ROTS, I think, and some stray images and more definite news about the new VOTC and OTC should be drifting our way in the next month or so.

Considering the popularity of Vader, C3PO and R2 with kids, Hasbro should consider a revived OTC line the perfect venue for getting toys of those characters into kids' hands.

DarkArtist
06-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprises if we see ROTS on the OTC cardbacks. My reason for this is if the rumor is true about there being 12 more ROTS figures to be released by the end of the year and we are only up to #50 in some areas of the country then either Hasbro is going to release them in mass quanity or give each store a case of each assortment ****ing off the collectors and kids alike by denying them the chance to get some of their favorite characters. :cry:

The only way I can see Hasbro release the other twelve is either the small quanity assortment or on the OTC cardbacks, similar to the way they ending the saga line with madine at-st solo, and general lando. :cry:

As far as having all of the vintage line reproduced I'm all for it but I think the VOTC line should only be figures that have a large part in the movies, it would be good to have a VOTC Ree-Yees simply because you only saw him for about 5 minutes in Jedi. The VOTC line would also be a great way to get that DS II Luke that everyone wants and a SA Emperor with Throne accessory to boot. :)

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Yep, and we shouldn't be waiting too long. We're in the home stretch now with ROTS, I think, and some stray images and more definite news about the new VOTC and OTC should be drifting our way in the next month or so.

Considering the popularity of Vader, C3PO and R2 with kids, Hasbro should consider a revived OTC line the perfect venue for getting toys of those characters into kids' hands.

Thats a good point. Hasbro has been keeping up with main characters in other lines, but the sculpting and accuracy, not to mention articulation, color scheme, and collector friendly figures has been less than par. Im hoping (and praying) that in '06 Hasbro puts out all of their figures aimed at collectors, with articulation, accurate accessories and sculpting, more articulation, and keep it the core characters so we stop b***hing about getting a perfect version of Luke or Han or whoever, depending on the character. Also, (as if we hadnt said it enough) half the time kids dont give a hoot about action features. My little brother, (whos 8) cant stand them, and has a much better time playing with the figures that are with out them, (Jabba's Palace Luke, VOTC line). Hasbro has a chance to start over, make a fresh start for us collectors and kids, alike. If you put out the popular characters, of corse we'll buy um (:D ), but so will the kids.

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
As far as having all of the vintage line reproduced I'm all for it but I think the VOTC line should only be figures that have a large part in the movies, it would be good to have a VOTC Ree-Yees simply because you only saw him for about 5 minutes in Jedi. The VOTC line would also be a great way to get that DS II Luke that everyone wants and a SA Emperor with Throne accessory to boot. :)

God bless you, dark artist, my thoughts exactly...as if most didnt know! :crazed: :D

Old Fossil
06-22-2005, 01:07 PM
As far as having all of the vintage line reproduced I'm all for it but I think the VOTC line should only be figures that have a large part in the movies, it would be good to have a VOTC Ree-Yees simply because you only saw him for about 5 minutes in Jedi.

And what an incredible 5 minutes THAT was!!! Ree-Yees drunk, stumbling around, slapping his thigh, guffawing... :crazed:

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
thats how ree-yees does though, he prob. went out the best way. If your gonna die in a firey explosion, might as well get wasted! But to get back on topic, '06 could be very promising, lets all keep our fingers crossed...

evenflow
06-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Well I still have hope that Yarna D'al Gargan will finally come out. This would be the time.

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
exactly, hasbro has a prime chance to get in big with us, '06 is promising, so lets keep our fingers crossed...

zar
06-23-2005, 04:00 PM
I read the entire list of replies on this thread and I have to say I am stoked to see there are still a load of hard core collectors; I only have a few buds who like myself, still collect. Though, I think my buds and I are extremely critical of these new figures since '95. We couldn't stop complaining over that R5-D4 with that ****ing rocket launching ***t!!! I have only purchased a few of the ROTS, and mainly because I just can't handle looking at all those action features that suck!!! I have to agree with ROTJLUKE and TURBOWARS, the VOTC has got to maintain a standard at least consistant because those VOTC 3PO's and Leia's are a ****ing rip off! The price must drop, Hasbro wake up, those blister cards aren't that expensive to make, if so then how did Kenner afford them back in '78!!!??? and if we're paying top dollar for a sculpt make them all worth our $. I really hope we get your DSII Luke, ROTJLUKE, we are in desperate need of a good Luke Sculpt. A jedi Luke with a better likeness to Mark Hamill would be the ***t!!! I'd buy several to display at work, home, car, restroom, etc... The Fett, the Stormie, and the Chewy were by far the best versions of these characters to date!!! I liked the Han and Obi Wan, but Hasbro has got to start listening to us collectors. I was very happy to read that an 8 yr old boy didn't care for the action features of the ROTS figures; all this time I figured the reason for those figures were to please the kids, being that our society is on a child worshipping trip. It's like Hasbro thinks kids don't have an imagination and don't really need for them to add action features like a jedi kick, what was that??? Jedi kick, I can't count how many times as a kid I had my figures get knocked out by a jedi force push and I didnt' need to squeeze any damn legs!!! I want more articulation in my figures, I want more ankle bending, wrist twisting figs... I don't care if they redo them all a la VOTC, just as long as they make them right!!! Rock on friends, may your voices be heard!!!

ROTJLuke
06-24-2005, 02:49 AM
thanks man, I hope I get my DSII Luke Jedi too...hopefully I will, I would die a happy man. But, like Ive said like a broken record, keep those fingers crossed, comic con is less than a month away...

DarthBrandon
06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
I would like to see some more VOTC figures, but I'm skeptical as to how they would turn out. Most of the last VOTC figures were great except for C-3PO & maybe Leia if I were to get picky, so that leaves us with the question of who to produce next if Hasbro is to proceed.

Heres my picks:

O.T.

1.) Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (always liked the outfit)
2.) General Veers:
(remov /chest plate & remov helmet,fits over officer hat)
3.) Luke Skywalker (ROTJ with poncho removable hat, glove etc)
4.) R5-D4 (because we need him done right)
5.) SnowTrooper (with canon & more articulation)
6.) Scout Trooper / Tusken Raider or Jawa

P.T.
1.) Jango Fett (done like Boba with removable helmet)
2.) Obi-Wan (soft goods cape & good articulation)
3.) Padme (Leia style hair with blue outfit)
4.) Mace Windu (because we need a half decent one)
5.) Clone Trooper (S.A. with blue markings)
6.) Clone Commander (Cody, Fox, Gree, etc)
(anyone of these would be nice)

For bonus figures for fans Id like to see Biggs Darklighter Academy oufit & possibly General Tagge or Captain Needa

Mind you these are just my picks, I know we may be getting some more clones but these are the ones Id like to see done right.

ROTJLuke
06-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I think the PT would be neat to see to...after they crank out the OT...

Fluke Skywalker
06-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Collecting the ROTS line hasn't been half as fun as the OTC and VOTC. I can't wait to return to the classic goodness. I officially have PT burn out.

And yes, if they did do the entire Kenner line in VOTC form, I'd buy most if not all of them... even at $10 smackers a pop. But, don't tell Hasbro I said that.

ROTJLuke
06-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Collecting the ROTS line hasn't been half as fun as the OTC and VOTC. I can't wait to return to the classic goodness. I officially have PT burn out.

And yes, if they did do the entire Kenner line in VOTC form, I'd buy most if not all of them... even at $10 smackers a pop. But, don't tell Hasbro I said that.

Thats the truth, and if they do reproduce the line, I too will buy most of them if not all of them :)

jjreason
06-26-2005, 06:27 PM
If Hasbro plans to release more VOTC figures, I think including an Endor Luke would make more sense than the Jabba's Palace one. They screwed up Throne Room Duel Luke so badly that they could save an awful lot of face this way. Here's how I'd do it:

VOTC packaging, mocking up the POTF Endor Luke card (coin included, no sense in cheaping out).

Removable Endor Poncho and Helmet.

Interchangeable right hands a la ROTS #2 Anakin: plain black glove (molded to grip speeder bike handles) and black glove holding green saber.

Include a lightsaber hilt that will attach to his belt.

Include a second "battle intensity face" head to recreate battle scenes or Luke getting toasted by Palpatine.

Make sure that the VOTC level of articulation is there, and that the joints are as well disguised as can be.

This figure is a no-brainer - and is much more badly needed than a VOTC Jabba's Palace ROTJ Luke is. I found the Saga/OTC Jabba's Palace Luke to be of very good quality, there's NO NEED for a remake of this figure.

Saddest thing? The Playskool Endor Luke is closer in concept to what we really need than any Hasbro 3.75" figure of this Luke has been. :(

My choices for new VOTC figures would include:

ANH

Tusken Raider (super poseable, well done soft goods cloak, stick, rifle and binos)
Luke in Stormtrooper armor

ESB

Snowtrooper (another 2003 screwup that badly needs to be fixed)
Han - Bespin (with a second "torture rack" head and a removable jacket)

ROJ

Endor Luke (obviously)
Biker Scout (although we've been treated pretty fairly by Hasbro wrt this figure)
Leia - Boushh disguise

As far as plane OTC level figures would go, it's about time we see the Tonnika sisters (as foreseen by the Swami), Yarna, Solo-Outfit Lando from the end of ESB, Medical Robes Luke and Leia from the end of ESB, Sgt. Doallyn from Jabba's Palace and Hermi Odle from the Cantina. These are all way past due when you have a look at everything that came out only slightly repainted in the OTC line.

ROTJLuke
06-27-2005, 01:50 AM
If Hasbro plans to release more VOTC figures, I think including an Endor Luke would make more sense than the Jabba's Palace one. They screwed up Throne Room Duel Luke so badly that they could save an awful lot of face this way. Here's how I'd do it:

VOTC packaging, mocking up the POTF Endor Luke card (coin included, no sense in cheaping out).

Removable Endor Poncho and Helmet.

Interchangeable right hands a la ROTS #2 Anakin: plain black glove (molded to grip speeder bike handles) and black glove holding green saber.

Include a lightsaber hilt that will attach to his belt.

Include a second "battle intensity face" head to recreate battle scenes or Luke getting toasted by Palpatine.

Make sure that the VOTC level of articulation is there, and that the joints are as well disguised as can be.

This figure is a no-brainer - and is much more badly needed than a VOTC Jabba's Palace ROTJ Luke is. I found the Saga/OTC Jabba's Palace Luke to be of very good quality, there's NO NEED for a remake of this figure.

Saddest thing? The Playskool Endor Luke is closer in concept to what we really need than any Hasbro 3.75" figure of this Luke has been. :(

My choices for new VOTC figures would include:

ANH

Tusken Raider (super poseable, well done soft goods cloak, stick, rifle and binos)
Luke in Stormtrooper armor

ESB

Snowtrooper (another 2003 screwup that badly needs to be fixed)
Han - Bespin (with a second "torture rack" head and a removable jacket)

ROJ

Endor Luke (obviously)
Biker Scout (although we've been treated pretty fairly by Hasbro wrt this figure)
Leia - Boushh disguise

As far as plane OTC level figures would go, it's about time we see the Tonnika sisters (as foreseen by the Swami), Yarna, Solo-Outfit Lando from the end of ESB, Medical Robes Luke and Leia from the end of ESB, Sgt. Doallyn from Jabba's Palace and Hermi Odle from the Cantina. These are all way past due when you have a look at everything that came out only slightly repainted in the OTC line.

See, as a carded collector, I want a DSII Jedi Luke mock-up, and it to be the Luke from that scene, the final battle. I def. wouldnt mind an endor one as well, but as a carded collector, its gotta be DSII Jedi Luke all the way :)

jjreason
06-27-2005, 11:15 AM
See, as a carded collector, I want a DSII Jedi Luke mock-up, and it to be the Luke from that scene, the final battle. I def. wouldnt mind an endor one as well, but as a carded collector, its gotta be DSII Jedi Luke all the way :)

I can see that your desire for this figure is great - but if it's to be a VOTC version, it has to be based on an existing vintage figure and card. There were only 2 ROTJ Luke's made, Jabba's and Endor. The Endor version would be the figure you're asking for if they did it right.

A Final Duel Luke with no action feature would be great in its own right, agreed, but it would much more likely be a basic OTC style figure. I'd be willing to pay a little more to get the deluxe version, but I'm an opener all the way.

ROTJLuke
06-28-2005, 01:52 AM
I can see that your desire for this figure is great - but if it's to be a VOTC version, it has to be based on an existing vintage figure and card. There were only 2 ROTJ Luke's made, Jabba's and Endor. The Endor version would be the figure you're asking for if they did it right.

A Final Duel Luke with no action feature would be great in its own right, agreed, but it would much more likely be a basic OTC style figure. I'd be willing to pay a little more to get the deluxe version, but I'm an opener all the way.

Ya know, I thought about this heavily after the fact, and Id like to see it done either way, VOTC, or OTC, but it does make more sense to have it OTC. So crank it out in the OTC line, with the Sisters! lol :D :)

zar
06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
ROTJLuke, thanks for the info last week, I'm stoked to hear what's going to be expected '06!!! As for the Luke Endor, I have been hoping Hasbro would release a VOTC!!! I really want an Endor Luke with a removable Helmet and Soft Poncho or cloth because the one that came with the speeder is junk. The only thing I like about it was his bendable knees. They should punch out a VOTC Luke Stormtrooper and a OTC Han in Stormtrooper disguies to make up for the previous two... Articulation like the VOTC Stormtrooper from now on in all figures!!!

ROTJLuke
06-29-2005, 12:09 AM
agreed with the articulation, its going to be exciting to see what we get in 06

vadersvette
06-30-2005, 12:33 AM

Luke wore the same outfit on DSII that he wore on Endor---but on Endor he also wore a helmet and a poncho-- :crazed:

ROTJLuke
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Luke wore the same outfit on DSII that he wore on Endor---but on Endor he also wore a helmet and a poncho-- :crazed:

Agreed, but as a carded collector, I really want one on a DSII card, with just him in that outfit with the approiate accessories of that scene. (i.e.check below, cause Im like a broken f**kin record with this figure! Its driving me to insanity:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: ) :D

jjreason
07-02-2005, 03:49 PM

That's why I posted that the Endor Luke would be the DSII Luke if they did it properly.

Old Fossil
07-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Whatever. I'm just hoping we'll hear some good news soon from Wizard World or whatever that convention is that is happening this month. ROTS is over and done with as far as I'm concerned, and I'm ready to get back to Stormtroopers and Scout Troopers and the like. I'm done with AT-TE Gunners, and SA Clonetroopers, and commanders in funky colors, and alien senators I can't ever remember seeing.

I wouldn't even mind seeing a new SA Darth Maul on the pegs...

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
I would def. like a super core character collector friendly year for '06, with core characters spanning from all 6 films. Do away with the action features Hasbro, and incorporate awesome sculpting and articulation in your figures

Ramy
07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I would def. like a super core character collector friendly year for '06, with core characters spanning from all 6 films. Do away with the action features Hasbro, and incorporate awesome sculpting and articulation in your figures

I am afraid I can't agree with you. I have been core charactered to death. I want ones that have never been done, like more ewoks or aliens from Jabbas palace or the Cantina.

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
well, hey, to each his own. So far, it looks like were getting a mix with this first Jabba's Palace wave :) We both win b ramsdell!

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Well some of this stuff did happen, but what about the sisters? We are almost caught up with what Hasbro has announced, so maybe they are right around the corner.

Old Fossil
03-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Yup, things are pretty well on track. Thing is, if they actually make the Tonnikas, I'd have pretty much every SW figure I ever wanted, and I'd be quitting collecting, I think...

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh no you wouldn't. There's still ton to come, I hope. Hasbro just needs to keep it alive.

Jargo
06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I still don't see why there's a hullabaloo over the likeness rights. just change the faces. Lucas owns the costume rights. give the sisters different faces so they don't resemble the actual actresses.To be honest very few of these figures actually look like the actors anyway. hasbro has never managed to make a convincing carrie fisher look a like face or a mark hamill for that matter. what difference does it make if the faces are wrong. as long as the costume is right and they have the right paint apps any female face would do if it looked ok.

I cannot see any reason, any reason at all why the tonnika sisters can't be done. if need be just label them as EU and put them out as their look-a-likes from 'tales from the cantina'. or just model them on the production art. And you only need one sculpt anyway, just recolour the costume and you've got a variant. two from one. cheapness. hasbro should love that.

TheDarthVader
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
I hate to sound negative, but I don't think we will ever see the Tonnika sisters in plastic. :( Why? For one, if everything was going to work out nicely, we should have had them by now. I don't know why someone wouldn't allow a likeness of themself as an action figure sculpt. I would love that! Wouldn't you?

dindae
06-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah but I would also love to be in the position to be the only person Lucas doesn't have rights to. He's got the money he can either pay a nice price or not make anything at all. Or better yet do something stupid and let me sue him and make some serious change. I seriously doubt either one of them would get a great thrill out of being made into plastic but on the other hand I can't imagine it would take too much to buy the rights either.

If what they said was true and they were starting the process at CIII the legal paperwork would have to be drawn up which would probably take a while, they would probably attempt to reach an agreement with the other actress (since only Hewitt was at CIII), then after that there is the year it takes to make the figure. So I don't think it would be to surprising that we haven't seen anything yet.