PDA

View Full Version : Why is Anakin #2 so dark-skinned?

JediTricks
06-02-2005, 03:14 AM
I've been noticing this for a while, but I never mentioned it before. This thing is darker than it should be by quite a lot, it's a healthy tan to be sure. The strange thing is, from the Ep 2 line on, Hasbro has short-changed a lot of figures that were based on dark-skinned characters like Baby Fett, the clone boy, and Bail Organa (who in the Ep 3 line is possibly even lighter than before), and Ep 3 line also has light-skin for the face of the Clone Pilot figure. Is there a reason for all this or is Hasbro just totally nuts?

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 02:12 AM
At the very least they're colorblind which they seem to cover up nicely using the statement "Product and colors may vary." :p

JediTricks
06-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I can understand that for something like the change in dots on a Clonetrooper's chest, but not something as major as a total skintone shift.

kool-aid killer
06-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Hasbro is one of the corporations owned by the Man, who is always plotting of a way to keep us down, whether it be in real life, television, radio and yes, toys. He doesnt want me to have any toys that look like me. Flipping turd.

Ive noticed the lighter skin tone, it doesnt bother me with the exception being that im unable to use Bails head for customized "Hispanic" Jedis, and i really want to since they are the protagonists of my fan fiction.

JediTricks
06-07-2005, 03:03 AM
A lack of ethnic characters has always plagued Star Wars a bit (perhaps caused by Darth Plagueis? :p), and it sucks that now Lucas is using more non-pasty actors, Hasbro won't actually make their figures in their proper skintones - that's probably sending a bad message to the kids who buy these toys. :( (Dang, now I made myself sad) Like little girls of all ethnicities only buying regular caucasian Barbie. We don't have to unduely focus on our differences in ethnicity, but Hasbro should be true to what is there I think.

I suppose you could use this Anakin #2's head for your Hispanic Jedi KAK, but you'd need to give him a haircut for sure.

Clonetrooper1131
06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
He spent too much time on Mustafar. :D

Turbowars
06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
A lack of ethnic characters has always plagued Star Wars a bit (perhaps caused by Darth Plagueis? :p), and it sucks that now Lucas is using more non-pasty actors, Hasbro won't actually make their figures in their proper skintones - that's probably sending a bad message to the kids who buy these toys. :( (Dang, now I made myself sad) Like little girls of all ethnicities only buying regular caucasian Barbie. We don't have to unduely focus on our differences in ethnicity, but Hasbro should be true to what is there I think.

I suppose you could use this Anakin #2's head for your Hispanic Jedi KAK, but you'd need to give him a haircut for sure.Lack of ethic characters? There's plenty, think about it.

Little girls can buy any color skinned doll they want. Have you been in a toy store lately JT? ;)

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
ANH got a lot of flak for its all-white cast, and the films have made some strives because of that to add more diversity, but the charges are still made.

Little girls CAN buy any Barbie they want, but I've found that largely they only want the regular white Barbie character no matter what ethnicity the intended consumer is, it seems like Mattel had only been putting out varied ethnic Barbie figures to appease parents who bought the toys, but now they're actually starting to take it further - ah, the knowledge one gains when one has a 7-year-old niece.

Turbowars
06-08-2005, 07:46 PM
WOW really? That's kids for you. They are so innocent and no nothing of racism or discrimination, until their parents step in and say, "Hey, no you can't have a White Barbie, you can only play with a Black one." The world is a "F" ed up place.:frus: