PDA

View Full Version : Celebration II Figure

Lord Malakite
01-11-2002, 12:27 PM
I believe I know who it is, finally. It is supposed to be the POTJ Luke X-Wing Pilot figure with a new resculpted head. He is also supposed to come with a Micromachines X-Wing (like the Trophy figures) and be in a special package ( like the Theater Edition Jedi Luke). There is still a chance that it could change. I'll tell you more as I get the info.

Jayspawn
01-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Why would it be X-Wing Luke of all figures? Out of curiosity.

Lord Malakite
01-11-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm not certain why they would choose X-Wing Pilot Luke either, but I did get this information from some guys that I know who work at Hasbro and are very reliable. Certainly not quite as innovative as Wizards of Coast had stated in my e-mail some time ago, unless they consider the micromachine innovative. I'll keep you posted if I get more.

JEDIpartner
01-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Well...

The only reason I can think of is that this was the first "official" place in the trilogy that Luke was beginning to live his dreams of becoming a pilot and having a significant impact on the Rebellion. I suppose, to me, that would be a good enough reason. :rolleyes:

OC47150
01-11-2002, 03:50 PM
With the 25th anniversary of SW this year, I think it's appropriate.

It could be worse: it could be another Tatoonie Luke!!!

Lord Malakite
01-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Those are pretty good reasons. Still dosen't seem very innovative though.

SirSteve
01-11-2002, 04:28 PM
If my sources are correct, then Lord_Malakite is correct as well. Should be an interested piece if it happens. I found this out about a month ago but I just don't like posting rumors. Perhaps if I post this kind of material in the forums, it wouldn't be taken as facts. I just really don't like getting everyone's hopes up on a product and it not happening. What do you think?

P.S. Good job my Lord, your contacts sound solid. :)

Lord Tenebrous
01-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Why just the head? Resculpt the whole thing, the POTJ figure was baaad.

SithDroid
01-11-2002, 06:32 PM
A new head? Does that mean a diiferent version to correct for the buck teeth that he has?

Jayspawn
01-13-2002, 12:02 AM
Still I agree, X-Wing Luke doesn't sound too innovative. But I could be impressed if the head was sculpted well enough.

Wolfwood319
01-13-2002, 12:09 AM
I never expected much more than a repaint or a repackaged figure. You people should know better by now...

OC47150
01-13-2002, 02:09 PM
That's all the ROJ Theatre Jedi Luke was -- repackaged. The figure was the same as the store released version but the package was special.

Jedi Teacher
01-13-2002, 03:24 PM
:mad: That's rather disappointing if the Celebration II figure is simply going to be the X-Wing Luke. Though I'm still planning on attending, I was hoping for someone new. Since we just got a new X-Wing Luke, why didn't they go with a Leia resculpt?

At least it's not going to be something REALLY horrible, like a Rick McCallum (sp?) figure.

:eek:

:D

Maybe they'll just but braces on the buck tooth version . . .

GNT
01-13-2002, 09:06 PM
can you say "worst exclusive ever"